• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Kakao, please don't do this!

Posted

If this get's implemented (and all signs and portents point towards it) I'll quit, deinstall and refund through paypal. As easy as that.

Posted

@PM_Jouska@PM_Belsazar Just make the items that you can buy have a REALLY low cap on the items. Example: Costume costing 30 dollars can only be sold for like 10 mill. Otherwise people will quit for sure. 

Posted

Will you be offering refunds to players who do not want to participate in P2W garbage?

I've spent about $120 on the game and would love my money back as this is going against everything that was said about the game never going P2W.

Regards.

1 person likes this

Posted

Congratulations. you are now killing the game. this gear i will link below has took months of playtime and fighting rng to get and within a week that will be the equivalent to dogshit.

Gearop.PNG

The Truth, THe pain, I have 200 mill saved up buy hey i can spend 200 dollors and have that in a week. ----- YOU DUAM

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

Don't act like you give a ----- about your community's feedback, you just tell us that shit every time and pretend that you care about our opinion and you'll change something according to our thoughts while you just ----- us in the ass with a big smile.

You said :" We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner."

Are you kidding me? How the ----- can people be costructive when you just care about how much money you make, Black Desert has officially became a P2W with that shitty Value Pack + this selling cash shop shit in less than 6 months. 

This is just the beginning, it may not look too atrocious but IT IS. You asked our opinion on the Value Pack and yet you haven't changed anything, all you do is add more P2W shit. Keep up with the greed BDO you'll live long.

So far the worst videogames company I've ever encountered, ruining a game that could have been one of the best MMORPGs in the world.

4 people like this

Posted

I can say even I am done annoying finding something else to play but hell it is better than dealing with this. I remember a post saying you did not want this game to go pay to win and the cash shop would be strictly cosmetic.

Elaborate how this is pay 2 win. 
No one has been able to yet so I'm assuming anyone using the term is stupid.

2 people like this

Posted

You guys are definetly 100% retarded. ----- Daum/Kakao and Pearl Abyss. I'm sad I dropped so much money on this game now. You ain't getting one more cent. RIP BDO 2016-2016, the greatest game I've ever played. It lasted 6 months. Congrats on being greedy -----ing shitters like everyone else on earth. 

You were a fool to spend money on the pearl shop in the first place.

Posted

What will happen...

People will be uncertain about playing this game anymore and either quit, or wait for the next yolo upgrades to fail and then they quit either.

You will lose a huge amount of you player base.

Is it worth to alrady destroy a game that will offer so much in the future?

RIP BDO

60 days playtime - 300 Euros - Good bye my dear <3 <3 :/

Posted

The whiners on the forum brought this up by them self, whining over the value pack, and now when its get accessible to everyone they gonna whine even more..

Pets have always been Pay to Win and countless other items so this is not a big deal

People wanted the Night Vendor, which is the root of all evil, as gear can be bought in game with silver and not farmed by them self, aka Pay To Win, so why no whine over the night vendor? ...

yet how many people do we see without pets lol (not many) 

Posted

Here we see an image of the standard BDO forum user in its natural state of perpetual displeasure.

Remember folks: Do not try to reason with these creatures; as they will never be satisfied with anything, and should just go home already.

tantrum.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

That's sad... What does it mean? Noone can't develop some good items ? Typical from humans.... Exploit an original content to the end

Posted

I didn't really care about any previous changes that were supposed to be p2w, the game was not pay2win until now in my opinion but this change will make it 100% p2w. Who cares that this is "only 5 items per week". IT IS P2Win and most of the people I know were shocked about this and REALLY dissappointed. 

@PM_Jouska  if you want an honest opinion: I'd rather see this game with monthly subscribtion, stable servers, better maintance, drops, more bg's and arenas and more pvp content rather than have this implemented. If you need more money please think about something else, don't be greedy. 

Posted

Tools. PTW for real up in this place. You might as well give us the full KR model now. just give us a 30g patch and get it over with.

Posted

Will you be offering refunds to players who do not want to participate in P2W garbage?

I've spent about $120 on the game and would love my money back as this is going against everything that was said about the game never going P2W.

Regards.

open a dispute 

Posted

Why? Every time we vote on something the winning side is 100% ignored and we get what we never wanted.

better than doing nothing, better than them ignoring our "feedback" that they dont care about, easier to see numbers than reading through 31 pages as well

Numbers say something and prove a point, regardless if it's literally every single player's vote, it's still a sign. i'm not saying every single person's vote doesn't matter because it does and the more people who vote, the more it'll stress how everyone feels

Posted

P2w 5 months and game is pay to win gg 

Posted

Obviously the babies are the most vocal as always.  You could already buy silver from services if you really wanted to.  These trading and marketplace restrictions stifle player interaction and ruin immersion.  I'm stoked they went this route.  If you bought the game and paid for items just to support "their business model", you are retarded.  Buy items for their entertainment value and the fun they provide.  I'm stoked I don't have to necessarily spend real money now and I know I won't be affected by whales as they are far and in between.

2 people like this

Posted

Daum here is your PM Diary 2.2: (where you report you are removing any P2W from the market place. You also say Cash shop items cannot be sold or traded. I will be asking for a refund and quitting your game if you release P2W).

Below you will find a short summary for the lazy readers.

February

• Family and Character Name reservations early February

Cash Shop

• Cash Shop details announced. See post for details.
  • Possible pay2win items moved to mileage shop
  • Mileage system will be improved

CBT Feedback

• Leveling Curve
    • Experience from monsters will be adjusted
  • Group Play
    • Party Loot Bag will be re-implemented
  • Energy System
    • Energy exchange rate into potion might be adjusted for CBT2
  • Karma and PK
    • Possibly looking into ‘bounty hunter’ features (see details in post)
    • Join the PK discussion >>here<<
  • Player to Player Trade
    • Trading might be disabled for CBT2; discussion ongoing
  • Server Setup
    • No update
  • Learning Curve
    • Missing profession quest bug in CBT1 will be fixed for CBT2
    • Guides or channels towards guides will be offered

New Stuff!?

• Localization
    • All regions will receive their English accentuation to emphasize their role and contribute to the environment and atmosphere of the game
  • Cinematic Intro
    • New cinematic intro in development; maybe available at launch!?
  • Castle Siege and Node Wars
    • Will be updated after ~4 weeks after launch
    • First test runs will be done on live service to fine-tune server settings

The future…

• Look for yourself ^_^
  • Stop reading the summary you lazy bum! -_-

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House

can u give us the link please? THIS will help refund us alot. 

Posted

Why do this, seriously ----- your p2w. 

Posted

Sounds good to me.  I don't get this outrage from "players".   It's a COMPANY... that makes.. MONEY.   As I see it, everyone wins in this.  People that have tons of time and ingame profits, but maybe not a lot of RL cash can get things others with less time but more RL income can get and sell.   The amount of silver in the game doesn't change, it just shifts around and those people deem that silver worth spending on items they want.   BDO makes money as well but people can get what they want... and if you don't like it?  Don't do it!

Why is this hard for the snowflake generation to understand?

3 people like this

Posted

i'll quit if that shit happens. rip bdo 2016-2016

Posted

Great idea guys <3 Love you !!!! It will really help to people which can't buy items from pearl shop , GOOD JOB , now I can play with friends who don't have a lot of money for pearl shop  <3 (sorry for bad english <3 ) Black Desert is not p2w game , please developers don't be sad about this people from forum complaiging about " p2w" <3

2 people like this

Posted

I see this as a fraud. An absolute change to the product I have paid for (not counting all changes to classes and in game mechanics). I feel cheated as the company was promising not to provide such solutions EVER! I have spent around 300 euro for this game and now I realized that I could simply wipe my butt using this money and flush it down in toilet (that way my money would get more useful). I will do my best to get all the money back (so as 90% of people I play with). Adding some more this "more accessibility" bullshit just shows what kind of a "good words dressed" attend to pull more money of people pockets you are trying to place in. This is like buying a solar powered device and months after finding out from the company you bought it from that you gonna need batteries to power your device. SIMPLY A FRAUD !!!

tumblr_n2z8h152Cw1qm7cjco1_400.gif

Posted

So essentially this is p2w completely. In this game there were instances of indirect p2w  with pets, costume buffs, inventory slots, and weight limits. I was okay with that because i only had to pay once and i like what i was given in return, whether it be pretty costumes or cute pets, I was okay with it. Value packs was a step in the wrong direction. I was originally finding them p2w because 19.5% increase in silver gained from the market place is indirectly raising your profit and silver which is p2w. But i was okay with it personally since they gave us free ones. This new feature will prob kill the game for me. If I want to stay competitive with people who have top gear i would have to spend $150 a week to indirectly gain 500 mil. I already spend around $50-$70 a month so for me having to spend over $150 now to stay competitive is pretty much the last straw. If this plays out the way it is on kr i will surely quit the game. I'm fairly sure 80% of the player-base will slowly leave over time and the game will be dead before the next expansion. If you guys at kakoa know whats good for business you shouldn't add this or any more p2w things to the game. The whales who buy $150 dollars of costumes a week will leave too after they realize the player-base is dead.

TL:DR If kakoa adds this it will cause the game to become p2w and kill the playerbase. DO NOT ADD THIS.