• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

#REFUNDS

1 person likes this

Posted

What the ----- is wrong with you, DAUM/KAKAO

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

Don't do that. You're going to lose support even from die hards.

I understand you're using PR wording, but even you know this is a terrible move.

It's quite simple.

Posted

here comes the p2w

Posted

I liked the game  a lot, not only you ignored all feedback on value pack, you added even more shit.

Thank god I paid with paypal. I guess I will be few hundreds richer soon, if you know what I mean :^)

Posted (edited)

Don't act like you give a ----- about your community's feedback, you just tell us that shit every time and pretend that you care about our opinion and you'll change something according to our thoughts while you just ----- us in the ass with a big smile.

You said :" We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner."

Are you kidding me? How the ----- can people be costructive when you just care about how much money you make, Black Desert has officially became a P2W with that shitty Value Pack + this selling cash shop shit in less than 6 months. 

This is just the beginning, it may not look too atrocious but IT IS. You asked our opinion on the Value Pack and yet you haven't changed anything, all you do is add more P2W shit. Keep up with the greed BDO you'll live long.

So far the worst videogames company I've ever encountered, ruining a game that could have been one of the best MMORPGs in the world.

Maybe they'll give you a GM blessing for this. LOL. See they care, they gave you a GM blessing!!! LOL.

Daum you are backstabbing your clients here. If you don't have the power/balls to put your foot down on what PA wants to do here, you deserve to have the game you are managing die. This is failure of your management at Daum. Yes you guys will make more money in the short term, but anyone quitting BDO from this will never play a game you are associated with again either (and I am sure they will make sure their friends don't either).

What you are proposing to release will be stabbing your client in the back and doing something you specifically said you werent going to do. Remember, unethical business practices tend to catch up with those businesses sooner or later.

Edited by Mykro
1 person likes this

Posted

I supported the game by buying something at store for avoiding this... I'm just feeling now stupid.

Please, don't destroy a beautiful game like Black Desert, do not do this.

Posted

R.I.P BDO NA/EU 2016

Posted

Here I am leveling my horse and got a drift. Instant Accel  left and I'll be happy.

Posted

[Request received] I want a refund

1 person likes this

Posted

I cant understand why u think of p2w in this situation, 5items/week most ppl who can effort enough time to buy those things via silver mostly have enough cashitems, on the other hand those ppl who can sell those are mostly employed and therefor cant farm as much as they need to be even competetive additionaly i cant think that this will change the game as much as u think cux u need to efford time to grind silver or to earn money so thats hardly any diff from how it is now.

And yeah u can hate me and tell me that i am fckin stupid as much as u want, because i dont give a fck ^^

Posted

Well it was a fun ride while it lasted. It was Kakao games NA all along,
 this is the first and last Korean MMO I ever trust again.

Posted

BDO is now the fishing simulator game guys!

Posted

Despite the vastly overwhelming opposition/negativity/downright hate for this decision, I'm sorry to say, but it is not going to be reversed.

This is 100% greedy pressure from PA, just as the introduction of the VP was. I sincerely believe it is all just a case of "You will do this, or you will lose the rights" and therefor jobs.

It's a sad day in all, both for the population of this amazing title (of which I have been completely in love with) and of Kakao themselves

@PM_Jouska

and the rest of the team. You have my sympathy really. You brought BDO to us with the best of initial intentions I believe, you wanted to make it separate and unique to the NA/Eu region, as free as possible of the trappings and systems that western gamers despise so much of stereotypical 'asian p2w" games, but it seems to me your hand has been forced, in the process you have alienated a vast portion of a once loyal player base and have had your own reputations ruined in the process. PA has made you to be now known as 'liars' and untrustworthy" and your name will be looked upon with derision by many many people, just like Trion and others are.

As a mostly non competitive player and rampant carebear lifeskiller and someone who does not have a lot of RL money to actually "pay to win" I hope I can still be around to enjoy the characters I have spent every day with since launch and that this change has little to no impact on my personal way of enjoying BDO, however I do hope, if there is anything that can be done, any pressure that can be bought to bear on PA and the introduction of this whole thing to avoid a complete debacle and save your own reputations as publishers, that you can find it and put it into action.

Do it for yourselves and for your community and players. We deserve more than what PA obviously thinks of us.

2 people like this

Posted

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

For this reason (and this reason alone), I will wait until the change is actually implemented before exiting this game for good. 

The early announcement with this verbiage leads me to believe that they are trying to gauge the shit storm and fallout of implementing this change with a slight chance of this being pulled at the last minute if it makes 'business' sense for keeping the NA market. If this upcoming change is 100% set in stone and PA has made up their mind with no possibility of changing their decision, why announce a week ahead and solicit feedback on the change???  

I will take a wait and see approach but wont be investing another cent or any in-game time or effort such as grinding as right now, would be a waste of time if this change does go through next week as I will definitely be moving on. 

Posted (edited)

if this happens, ill quit aswell

i've spend over 1k in less than 6 monhts - just saying 

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Elaborate how this is pay 2 win. No one has been able to yet so I'm assuming anyone using the term is stupid.

Really? Must be pretty stupid to need me to explain. Pay to win is a term coined to people that use money to progress and be better using money instead of play the game to achieve it. Anyone playing this game knows it takes time to progress such as going pri duo tri and higher the farther you go the more money it uses. So you need to utilize stuff like farming gathering and such. Now people can be like oh I am running out of money so why not just sell an outfit to replenish my money instead of going out and playing the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello Daum/Pearl, you guys can't do this you will be putting the same p2w model you have in KR . I know I was in KR an tested it, you are setting yourself up to loose more then half your players doing so.. ALL NA players I know came to bdo NA for the reason that it isn't the p2w model in KR and you have to earn your own way. It's not like someone with money comes in first day buys 1,000$ worth of pearl shop an dumps it on the market. Instantly that player wil be richer then most players from launch, I KNOW you removed this in KR so why would you even think to try it over here were this model is B2P NOT P2W.. If you do in fact do this I know many people that will probably leave bdo due to you guys pretty much selling out, all because you want a bit more money your going to ruin your cash cow.

You have seen how much this hurt KR and RU , like do you really want to push loosing NA or EU over a couple 100,000$ .. I am 1,400$ invested into NA as a b2p model not this garbage you are trying to bring on us. If you do this you will HURT you game its sad an I thought you learned you guys lesion already..

Posted

Bye this game snif 

Posted

#REFUNDS

Posted

Not long until Legion now

Posted

START YOUR DISPUTES ON PAYPAL

Posted

There's a thousand other solutions you could pursue to accomplish the goal you're pretending to be pursuing. But you're not, you're reaching for money to fly in en masse. I don't care what restrictions you place on the game, I'm going to be pursuing a massive amount of chargebacks for all the money I spent on this game for that reason, not because of how the game will literally be effected by your unstated restrictions on the mechanic.

Posted

omg im so excited I will be rocking full PEN boss gears 100% bis stuff and ganking the lifers cause I'm a ledgendary wallet warrior all hail my cred card skills, heck I can even duel weild these puppys :D