• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

DEAD GAME, SHIT COMPANY, REFUND PLEASE!

Posted (edited)

OMG This would become the game: pay to win . You really want to make this change but you want to be serious people, then limited sales to one per month instead of 5 per week, this at least would not give much advantage . However if the game will become a p2w I leave.
Edited by Zorander

Posted

#REFUNDS

Posted

WHY NOT MAKE IT LOYALTY SHOP ITEM THEN!?!? Say 5000 loyalty for the costume..

Posted

I love This, no more grinding. just spend a bit of money. job done

Posted

@PM_Jouska you lied to us.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

not surprise.. Jouska is BIG P2W FAN.. remember he was playing ARCHAGE and pay for win there like god.. 

Posted

The there is still no player to player trading :) Cant trade with my wife and friends, but I can give them money and make them billionaires. Brilliant! WoW Legion it is...

Posted (edited)

well now there is no more 'role playing game' aspect in this game and its gone be 'role paying game'

i had some faith in daum but they just fisted us with this announcement. 

$$$$.jpg

Edited by smooop

Posted

How much money can we get if we complain for false advertising?

Posted

I cant understand why u think of p2w in this situation, 5items/week most ppl who can effort enough time to buy those things via silver mostly have enough cashitems, on the other hand those ppl who can sell those are mostly employed and therefor cant farm as much as they need to be even competetive additionaly i cant think that this will change the game as much as u think cux u need to efford time to grind silver or to earn money so thats hardly any diff from how it is now.

And yeah u can hate me and tell me that i am fckin stupid as much as u want, because i dont give a fck ^^

You are letting a company take advantage of you. That is in plain sight what this is. If you don't think so you are too shortsighted to see it. This is what happens what money starts to roll in, the parent company comes in and starts calling the shots. This isn't Daum or Pearls call, it's the shadow empire company Kakao, and people like you are what allows this shit to continue.

Posted

I want to be clear with you Black Desert Developers, you promise not make this game P2W, if you allow people buy items with money and share that per silver in Marketplace, this game will become pay to win, so i will be asking for a refund and quitting your game. I will start a Social Media Campaing just for fun to let every player know you're liers a not buy this game. I don't care what's the limit of items per week. Im player who has invested more than 350 USD in your game and play for more than 2000 hours, If you make it P2W I quit, simple as that.

Posted

Elaborate how this is pay 2 win. No one has been able to yet so I'm assuming anyone using the term is stupid.

You seem to be the stupid one if you can't see what this will do. Just check what happen to the RU server when this was released there. Several people in full TET/PEN gear on day one after the change killing everyone and getting +3000 kills alone on sieges.

Are you really this stupid just enjoy trolling?

Posted

Honestly tho:

- 1 or 2 items per week, to test the waters is what Daum/Kakao should do. Every mmo has P2W its a business after all, but at the end of the day if it was just 1/2 items a week it would not be as bad as 5 items.

5 items aka 150$ aka 5 costumes is just too much for the economy. Make it 1 or 2 Items.

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

RIP BDO 03'16 ~ 08'16 (5 Months), Never seen a game went so great and so bad in just 5 months.

This game went P2W a lot quicker than I expected, quite surprised it is still not F2P. Wont be long I guess.

Posted

Im perfectly ok with this change. I want to buy pearl items. But i never could justifly actually buying a item for 30 bucks. If i have to grind to earn a pet that makes more sense to me other than buying it. When i play a game i need somthing to give me reason to play. Not just blow all my money to give me a false sense a achievement. I think developers need to realize that if you want to make you game last create a plan that dosent allow players to acccomplish somthing so quickly. Create items that need to be earned. Not bought then create a way to earn money for your company also

Posted

I like this game and now i dont want play anymore :(

NO TO PAY2WIN

Posted

Despite the vastly overwhelming opposition/negativity/downright hate for this decision, I'm sorry to say, but it is not going to be reversed.

This is 100% greedy pressure from PA, just as the introduction of the VP was. I sincerely believe it is all just a case of "You will do this, or you will lose the rights" and therefor jobs.

It's a sad day in all, both for the population of this amazing title (of which I have been completely in love with) and of Kakao themselves

@PM_Jouska

and the rest of the team. You have my sympathy really. You brought BDO to us with the best of initial intentions I believe, you wanted to make it separate and unique to the NA/Eu region, as free as possible of the trappings and systems that western gamers despise so much of stereotypical 'asian p2w" games, but it seems to me your hand has been forced, in the process you have alienated a vast portion of a once loyal player base and have had your own reputations ruined in the process. PA has made you to be now known as 'liars' and untrustworthy" and your name will be looked upon with derision by many many people, just like Trion and others are.

As a mostly non competitive player and rampant carebear lifeskiller and someone who does not have a lot of RL money to actually "pay to win" I hope I can still be around to enjoy the characters I have spent every day with since launch and that this change has little to no impact on my personal way of enjoying BDO, however I do hope, if there is anything that can be done, any pressure that can be bought to bear on PA and the introduction of this whole thing to avoid a complete debacle and save your own reputations as publishers, that you can find it and put it into action.

Do it for yourselves and for your community and players. We deserve more than what PA obviously thinks of us.

that's true i will never suggest someone to do anything else then shit on their tables at daum offices.

#Daumshit 

Posted

Hi i am a korean veteran and i'd like to quote myself
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/103835-daums-response-on-value-pack-in-french-forum/&do=findComment&comment=1388121

prepare yourself for the next step >selling cashop items on the auction house as it was already hinted waaay back around release.

Now i sure hope someone picks up that phone...
Cause i -----ing Called it! 

Anyway whoever thought we get another version than KR must be naiv as -----. Welp gg Kaokao GG guess the whales have to make up for the lost playerbase in the last 3 months~

1 person likes this

Posted

RIP BDO.

Posted

This is a sad day.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good reason is subjective.

Other games are not this game.

People are emotional because they are ignorant to how the game works.

The game won't die. I can name very few games that have died.
If the servers are still up, the game is not dead.

Please use intelligence in arguments.

You're right, this is entirely subjective. The whole point of this thread is to voice our concerns, so opinions are not out of place here. There's no denying that this is a way to convert real money into in game silver. Let's agree on that. Buy costume -> Put on market -> Get silver. Pretty cut and dry. You can make all of the rationalizations you like, saying that RNG will still be a wall, let's see how much they limit this, you can just put in the work the old fashioned way... It's still an unpopular decision. Look at this thread, we have almost 1000 responses already. If that's not public outcry on a whole new level I don't know what is. So even if you want to make the petty argument that this isn't "Pay 2 Win" because you're not actually "winning" anything, that's fine. You may have your semantics and technicalities, but you're not addressing the core of the problem in that this is real money -> in game money. At least stick with the spirit of the argument instead of attacking subjective definitions.

The bottom line is I play this game to compete alongside my friends. If my friends leave, so do I.

Posted

Awesome, can i get back the 350 dollars i put into this game then? We're not in Asia or Russia, this is literally THE WORST THING YOU CAN POSSIBLY do to Black Desert in EU. It's not one nail in the coffin but its ALL of them at once. I'll read the Terms of use or what its called to see if a change like this gives me right to demand my money back, Atleast it does in Sweden. 

Posted

How is this not P2W? 

It's quite simple when looking at it from an economical standpoint.

1. to start, you can pay as much as you like, doesn't assure your self a win. If you're using a definition that is not the defacto of the word, please go into depth as to what the ----- you mean because to us that are educated- this makes no sense outside of useless fallacy. Not to offend, of course.
  2. Someone has to do the work / you are limited by time in order for your amount of silver to reflect your overall outcome. You people act as if having the most silver in the game makes you the most powerful. or that by standing at the marketplace 24/7 buying with capital for silver will make you the most powerful.
    In reality, the people that rule the leader board are as poweful as they are because they have been grinding and getting their own shit, without having to spend money.
    You people act as if TET items are spawned onto the marketplace without someone having to go through the process of getting them.
    Process being fails.
  3. You people act as if having penta gear means you "Win" the game.
    I'd like to see that.

What you should be asking is how is ANYTHING pay to win.
Or are you trying to explain something else with words you're not aware of yet? That would be understandable.

I'll let you all in on a little secret.

Many of you call this company scum bags. Now here is a little thinking bit I'll leave you. If daum/PA/Kaoko or whoever games are scumbags, why are you using ignorant terms to try and change something you don't like? Scumbags take advantage of actions like this. The less definitive you people are, the more likely you are to not be taken seriously when considering the future of >What You're Trying To Argue<.

I just find it all rather silly.
I find you all silly.

I don't know why I respond to most of you, as I find you inferior lol. It's nothing personal, I just see how you all act and respond and question why you'd do something like this if you actually wanted something to change.

I think the fact might be that you don't want something to change. I get the feeling that you all want to be upset, and that you lead miserable lives, thusly, you take your anger out whenever and whenever you can.
I think that this is the reality of y'alls situation because no one could be that stupid.

There are many on the forums who have told me time and time again that y'all are just that stupid.
But I've ignored them. Even though they attempt to sway me from wasting my time with you people.
Yet I do anyways.

Meh.
Now I'll probably get reported for this thread, as i've upset more people by being honest and factual based on my knowledge of fields I study.
Tis a shame, really.

Posted

As soon as this change goes live I will uninstall too. I hope you start giving people the chance to refund the game and pearls bought because you could face a lot of lawsuits.

Posted

Hell yeah. Now the working man has a chance against no lifers, stay at home in your moms basement guys. I love this game.

over 58% of the working men, don't make enough money after bills food and stowaway much less to pay for $150 worth of worthless virtual dresses.