• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

If this is really implemented i advise all the smart peoples to make a big move.

And ask for a massive refund with a petition supporting it.

This is one real way to make them undertsand  how we feel about it.

Then all those still arguing that is s benefecial to the game; will see how f,,ed up are theyr maths and play with the remaining %.... funny game...

Posted

I want to be clear with you Black Desert Developers, you promise not make this game P2W, if you allow people buy items with money and share that per silver in Marketplace, this game will become pay to win, so i will be asking for a refund and quitting your game. I will start a Social Media Campaing just for fun to let every player know you're liers a not buy this game. I don't care what's the limit of items per week. Im player who has invested more than 350 USD in your game and play for more than 2000 hours, If you make it P2W I quit, simple as that.

signed !!!!!!!!!

Posted

Had high hopes for this game.. What a joke.

Posted

NO~ i understand crafting lesser items or crafting the perl shop items with high skill level but for those of us who have invested in this game this is a pure betrayal.

Posted

Remove this from the game.

Posted

I'm not sure if it has been said before as I did not read all (33) pages so if it has been I apologise,

and this is just my opinion.

from what I understand from this, their motivation behind this is to make the pearl shop content available to everyone, and while I'm fine with how things are now, I can see the point to something like that.

what I would personally would prefer though would be something like them being available as a quest reward or from some sort of NPC leaving them untradeable, even if that would be for some obscene amount of silver.

in any case, like the other people here I don't feel like this game would benefit from something like this, or rather a lot if not most people would at least want to leave.

at the very least I hope this will not be implemented like mentioned in the original post as this just feels like the start of a downwards spiral that I would really ont like to this game step into.

then again this is just my opinion :P

Posted

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.

If this was the only thing they were after, they could stick to just adding a merchant that sells whichever Pearl-Items they desire to be enjoyed at a set silver rate, where player trade has no influence nor gain. The company has far more to gain with their solution than the player experience.

Posted

Holy hell!

I'd say you got your feedback.

@PM_Jouska - I believe the customers don't want this.... these posts are about 95% DON'T DO THIS PEARLS IN THE MARKETPLACE!

You guys might actually want to listen to them this time.

BTW PM's GM's and CM's our money keeps you employed... so if the game dies down to a TINY player base some of you will get laid off.  Now the big boys in Daum and such won't go home without jobs but you guys will.  So you guys better PUSH them not to do this.

Posted

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

PLEASE POST AN HONEST TITLE DESCRIPTION ON THIS THREAD. THIS IS NOT ABOUT "IN GAME ACCESSIBILITY TO PEARL SHOP ITEMS" 

AS OTHERS HAVE STATED, IF IT WAS, YOU WOULD ADD A SILVER PURCHASE PRICE IN THE PEARL SHOP.

BUT HOW WOULD THAT ALLOW PEARL ABYSS TO MAKE MORE MONEY FROM THE CASH SHOP??? IT DOESN'T SO THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY WANT. SO LETS BE HONEST ABOUT THE THREAD TITLE AND CALL IT WHAT IS IS

"PEARL ABYSS WANTS TO CREATE MORE DEMAND FOR CASH SHOP ITEMS, AS A RESULT THEY ARE WILLING TO LET PLAYERS SELL CASH SHOP ITEMS IN THE MARKET PLACE FOR A WAY TO INCREASE THE COMPANIES PROFITS"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Sadok
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Very unhappy about your intentions of allowing these transactions.

Edited by Nerilen

Posted

so is guild war 2 p2w?

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

...so much for your promises...

Lq01A.gif

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Edited by dudeao

Posted

Rip?

Posted

The overreactions are hilarious.

Posted (edited)

Seriously... Just don't do it...

Edit: No Seriously... Stop...

Edited by Common Sense
Adding more information

Posted (edited)

You're right, this is entirely subjective. The whole point of this thread is to voice our concerns, so opinions are not out of place here. There's no denying that this is a way to convert real money into in game silver. Let's agree on that. Buy costume -> Put on market -> Get silver. Pretty cut and dry. You can make all of the rationalizations you like, saying that RNG will still be a wall, let's see how much they limit this, you can just put in the work the old fashioned way... It's still an unpopular decision. Look at this thread, we have almost 1000 responses already. If that's not public outcry on a whole new level I don't know what is. So even if you want to make the petty argument that this isn't "Pay 2 Win" because you're not actually "winning" anything, that's fine. You may have your semantics and technicalities, but you're not addressing the core of the problem in that this is real money -> in game money. At least stick with the spirit of the argument instead of attacking subjective definitions.

The bottom line is I play this game to compete alongside my friends. If my friends leave, so do I.

You're the only person I've seen address this issue though. And I don't argue against the people who are addressing it like you are because that's not what I have a problem with.

From day 1 I've had a problem with ignorant p2w screamers.
Cite ~3500 of my posts.

I've yet to put my full opinion out yet, as I do no know exactly how this system works. Thus, to form an opinion about it would be to submit to ignorance.

PS. Statically, the spirit of this argument(the thread) is heavily leaning towards ignorance.

Edited by War

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

-The Kakao Team

I was gonna write something but it is pointless.

You said "we have communicated your feedback". I get a lot of shit but lying to the community aint cool. EU and NA have poll after poll, and thread after thread outraged and YELLED to NOT get these things.

We do not want pay 2 win, this is a mega pay 2 win. we do NOT want this, I can live with the things we have, but this is going to throw everything out the window.

If you do NOT stop this, BDO in EU and NA will be game over, look at russia and Korea where costumes sell for 60~~ million... thats 250 mill pr week... that is not even a limit, its purely a pay 2 win aspect that allows people to gain a huge advantage. You can make a quarter of a billion... for not leaving your town, like wtf.. 

If you do not stop this, you will just kill shit and do not stop this I know most of my guild which is top on Croxus will be leaving... and it is most definately not the only people who will leave. Hell i've paid roughly 4k EURon this game, and illl gladly show to anyone who do not believe me. and this is stupid, if this isnt stopped its quite litteraly fraud, we where after all promised to not get this, yet here it is, in full force. All the things from beforewhere liveable.

This just removes the reason for a new player to bother, theres no way for a new player to catch up unless they dish out lots of real life cash. 

It has to go... if not..

giphy.gif

Posted

Daum here is your PM Diary 2.2: (where you report you are removing any P2W from the market place. You also say Cash shop items cannot be sold or traded. I will be asking for a refund and quitting your game if you release P2W).

Below you will find a short summary for the lazy readers.

February

• Family and Character Name reservations early February

Cash Shop

• Cash Shop details announced. See post for details.
  • Possible pay2win items moved to mileage shop
  • Mileage system will be improved

CBT Feedback

• Leveling Curve
    • Experience from monsters will be adjusted
  • Group Play
    • Party Loot Bag will be re-implemented
  • Energy System
    • Energy exchange rate into potion might be adjusted for CBT2
  • Karma and PK
    • Possibly looking into ‘bounty hunter’ features (see details in post)
    • Join the PK discussion >>here<<
  • Player to Player Trade
    • Trading might be disabled for CBT2; discussion ongoing
  • Server Setup
    • No update
  • Learning Curve
    • Missing profession quest bug in CBT1 will be fixed for CBT2
    • Guides or channels towards guides will be offered

New Stuff!?

• Localization
    • All regions will receive their English accentuation to emphasize their role and contribute to the environment and atmosphere of the game
  • Cinematic Intro
    • New cinematic intro in development; maybe available at launch!?
  • Castle Siege and Node Wars
    • Will be updated after ~4 weeks after launch
    • First test runs will be done on live service to fine-tune server settings

The future…

• Look for yourself ^_^
  • Stop reading the summary you lazy bum! -_-

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House

I agree with you Mykro....  within few months of life of the game,Black Desert was heavily damaged. You had said no influence from the item shop in the game, no pay 2 win and apparently all that you have said you have not kept ... I want a refund for the money I paid for the purchase of the game since the beginning it was only buy to play ...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well there goes the bdo eu. was nice while it lasted. If any1 wants to experience the full "Bdo experiece" they can support the game by purchasing from pearl shop. But now this will make the gap between the ppl that invest thousands of dollar a weeks and the ones that invest maybe 100 a month even bigger. This game was all about work for your goals. Now it will be CC for ur goals play 1 h a day. You could have made all the money in the world by just selling cosmetic think in pearl shop, but i gues the devs only think about what item or strat to do to cash grab quick. You will lose alot of players including me. Not gonna stay and see this game turn into skyforge pay for pixels/win/whatever. Too bad, It is a really nice game, i think the best in the last 10 years . I wonder what would u do when u will get the money but your player base will go down for 50 percent ? Cash whales wont stay in  game unless they have other ppl who to play/kill/chalenge. Jordine is the most populated server atm but will probably go down like Croxus (or whatever its name is). Sorry but i cant just watch this again, i've seen it sooooooo many times in the past 18 years of gaming. 

Good Bye and good luck

P.S. : i have no issue with the Valuepack (cheesy indirect subscription scam) but this is too freekin much. 

EDIT: ANd Yeah i agree with Asterr on previous post. We payed you money for a product that you promised will work a certain way, and now your telling us that even if we payed a for a "car" and you promised to deliver the "car" we are getting a "washing machine' instead. You have lost my trust and my money.

Edited by PrideWars

Posted

I'm just sitting here like, "Meh". I mean really, I don't see this as a big deal at all. 

The day this forum sees me start screaming "P2W" is the day we see boss gear or higher in the pearl shop along with blackstones bundles with a quantity of 100 for 15-30 dollars.

You just need silver. You have night vendor for the rest.

Posted

NO JUST NO

Posted

#REFUNDS

2 people like this

Posted

How do i get a refund after there statement of "we will never go p2w"

link please