• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Im sorry, ive suported this game for the whole ride. But this is something i cant accept.
Accesibility? you do know you have a loyalties shop right? You do know you have a crafting system right?

Dont play games here, ''accesibility'' thats just a low lazy excuse to make more money. 5 items a week is stil WAY to much, thats even to much for a whole month. 
if the all could be sold for 1 mill, then it would be okay, but seeing as dyes already go for 2m, thats a big no. Aside from that, maybe changing your ridiculous prices might help?

You say you care for our feedback, but your actions state you dont. Im sorry, but the second you go trough with this, your game is ruined. 

Even if pearl abys is in charge of the game, its your fault for jumping into busines with them, now your name will also be filthy. rebrand as much as you like, but if you do this it will not be forgotten. I realy liked duam, dont waste that and become the next gamerforge please.

Posted

RIP Kakao...RIP game,with this one step u ruined the longevity of the game,I predict that at least 60%of the player base will quit come next week.You just made the game exactly the same as KR,after you PROMISED that you won't do it..Bunch of liers and frauds..Charge backs INC ,ill charge back every single penny i spent on the game...You did the same thing as TRION did to Archeage  that killed the game :D .I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way to stay constructively critical..You're stepping into the abyss that will be the end.I absolutely loved the game,but just after reading this post i lost the passion for it...Even the Value pack was a far stretch from what u promised us,we remember your many promises that apparently you never kept,if you don't care what one person thinks,that means you don't care what any person thinks...And reading all the posts,I feel for those people who put in countless hours of hardcore playing the game,and now any casual whale will be able to have the same or even better gear just by swiping their credit card..Sad day for BDO eu/na future.Peace and good luck.

Posted

Getting gear isnt really that hard honestly....getting pri/duo stuff is fairly easy. Tri is okay too. anything higher than that is just rng.

Getting gear  hard or not depends on the time you can spend in the game. But get the gear with real money bypassing the RNG and the grind in a grind rng based game is at least unfair

Posted

Since many of us bought the game on the premise that BDO EU/NA was NOT going to go pay to win, can we get a refund??

Posted

You guys promised us no p2w and here its edging harder and harder to p2w and soon this game will be just as bad as AA imo. Might not be as bad, but it will get there. -_-. This is going to be a disaster.

Show me where they "promised" that. Thanks.

Posted

I always have to giggle when people think huge colourful fonts help them bring their points across.

Anyway. I love this change. Very few people will be actually able to afford to spend so much real cash for them to have any significant impact, and I can live with that, because 99% of remaining community can now reach previously inaccessible items. Awesome ;)

Posted

Yabut. Someone's really gonna spend 400 million silvers on a costume!?!? O.o

Posted

Well this a betrayal of trust, bait and switch as well as a spit in the face of your community. If you value our feedback as much as you say you do why don't you at least address the previous issues we have provided feedback on before adding more questionable advantages via the cash shop? As many others have pointed out there are better ways to allow people without a lot of IRL money to access these items like for loyalty for example. Please don't hide behind these types of excuses as it does not promote transparency, if you care about our feedback speak up and do something about it!

1 person likes this

Posted

salt-mine.thumb.jpg.9c3f5f61f05fe3af203a

salt is thick

Posted

Look around u in the game right now everybody stands still doing nothing because of this post soooo many ppl are shocked.

Posted

What will happen...

People will be uncertain about playing this game anymore and either quit, or wait for the next yolo upgrades to fail and then they quit either.

You will lose a huge amount of you player base.

Is it worth to alrady destroy a game that will offer so much in the future?

RIP BDO

60 days playtime - 300 Euros - Good bye my dear <3 <3 :/

of course it's worth it because that's how greed goes, you get too entrenched with the obsession of money that you'll do anything for the promise of it even if ultimately those actions only harm yourself and your goals. let those losses be the result of bad marketing or just laziness, it's all ends up the same place, they don't care to watch this game burn, or to waste what is potentially a larger profit for something more immediate, because they are too blinded by green to realize anything beyond immediate numbers. in a sense they lack vision, or the courage/will power to chase after it. 

Posted (edited)

@PM_Jouska So, Kakao games, tell me, is there some kind of "worst publisher of the year" award that you're after? Or is it just the fact that you guys are on some kind of "scare as many players away as possible" crusade? 
You promised us to listen to us - You don't.

You promised there will be no premium accounts - there are.

You promised you will not be able to sell cash shop items ingame - a now this, when game isn't even 6 months in.

Oh, and we're getting Valencia nodes activated (THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR) as well.

Honestly, at this point I fully expect you guys to announce at gamescom "Awakenings won't be coming until 2017" to lose the rest of your playerbase.

I also have to be frank - you will not fool people into believing that it was Pearl Abyss's decision to pull some commercial shit like that. For starters - most people here know that PA was bought as a company by KAKAO KR not so long ago, so blaming poor guys that code this game is kinda... You know.
If you want more money - why not try listening to your players? You know, fixing desync, MERGING HEAVILY UNDERPOPULATED SERVERS, REVERTING THE 1 % XP LOSS IN PVP that made BDO "griefing simulator online" for example. I'm pretty sure that positive changes like that would bring in more money. Or, You know, you could actually talk to people once in a while, to feel what the community is thinking. You think that this allegations are not fair? You think you're doing your best to make Black Desert EU a good game? Prove it to your community by actually STANDING UP FOR IT. 

Jordine Server has a weekly podcast with leaders of the biggest guilds and communities on the server. We will have another one this Saturday to discuss sieges (if they even happen, I expect massive roster loss for guilds this week) If you, Jouska, could show up and answer some of our questions - I guess I'd believe there is still hope. If you want to come and have a talk with leaders of your biggest European server - send me a forum PM or email for the details. 

You want us to believe that there's hope for this game? Prove it. Make changes in the way you treat your community.

Edited by Swiper
35 people like this

Posted

Daum here is your PM Diary 2.2: (where you report you are removing any P2W from the market place. You also say Cash shop items cannot be sold or traded. I will be asking for a refund and quitting your game if you release P2W).

Below you will find a short summary for the lazy readers.

February

• Family and Character Name reservations early February

Cash Shop

• Cash Shop details announced. See post for details.
  • Possible pay2win items moved to mileage shop
  • Mileage system will be improved

CBT Feedback

• Leveling Curve
    • Experience from monsters will be adjusted
  • Group Play
    • Party Loot Bag will be re-implemented
  • Energy System
    • Energy exchange rate into potion might be adjusted for CBT2
  • Karma and PK
    • Possibly looking into ‘bounty hunter’ features (see details in post)
    • Join the PK discussion >>here<<
  • Player to Player Trade
    • Trading might be disabled for CBT2; discussion ongoing
  • Server Setup
    • No update
  • Learning Curve
    • Missing profession quest bug in CBT1 will be fixed for CBT2
    • Guides or channels towards guides will be offered

New Stuff!?

• Localization
    • All regions will receive their English accentuation to emphasize their role and contribute to the environment and atmosphere of the game
  • Cinematic Intro
    • New cinematic intro in development; maybe available at launch!?
  • Castle Siege and Node Wars
    • Will be updated after ~4 weeks after launch
    • First test runs will be done on live service to fine-tune server settings

The future…

• Look for yourself ^_^
  • Stop reading the summary you lazy bum! -_-

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House

Actually after looking at the diary and seeing this verbiage (below) stating not possible to sell on marketplace 'at launch' and 'if we decide to enable selling cash shop items later they will have mechanisms in place for 'heavily profiting' (limit 5 week), I believe they have been setting this up for a while:

00fe0b0083.png 

2 people like this

Posted

All those hours playing feels like wasted now.. This is really frustating that you lied to us and don't even listen to your community's feedback, if you really want to grant access to Pearl items for people who can't pay for it for x reason then moove some of them to the loyaltie shop... Just wtf BDO I'm really really disappointed.. (Also sorry for my English).

Posted

New meme made in Daum

9eqFby7.png

THIS truly made me Laugh Out Loud. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello daum i have a suggestion thought it probably doesn't matter, Instead of letting people sell cash shop items on the market place why don't u let us use silver to buy stuff from the cash shop. the silver goes into the void instead of people with a lot of real life money 2 waste. i mean i always see a silver tab when i go into the cash shop anyway. Thank you and best regards.

how does that make PA more money though? oh wait, @PM_Jouska lied about what this actually is. He stated it as "In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items" That is not what they are after, its a lie. @PM_Jouska please prove otherwise. If this isn't "A way for for the company to make more money", then just add a "Purchase with Silver" option in the Pearl Shop. 

DONT PURPOSELY LIE TO YOUR PLAYERBASE WITH FALSE THREAD TITLES

2 people like this

Posted

#REFUNDS

Posted (edited)

@PM_Jouska

You must rly feel stupid now man.

Nope, why should he be? But you should be, as this is PA's decision – I stress, PA's decision.

It's the fact how they covered his leave saying it's temporary because of parental leave. This is just one of their many lies. It's a company created on lie to drain the money of the west while doing literally nothing except releasing broken content and breaking all the pre-ordering promises.

Not sure why I explain myself to someone who has title under his name like you tho.

What has my title got to do with anything? Unless you're one of them uneducated kids who thinks this was a decision made by Jouska? I only defend Jouska, not Kakao/PA.

Despite the vastly overwhelming opposition/negativity/downright hate for this decision, I'm sorry to say, but it is not going to be reversed.

This is 100% greedy pressure from PA, just as the introduction of the VP was. I sincerely believe it is all just a case of "You will do this, or you will lose the rights" and therefor jobs.

It's a sad day in all, both for the population of this amazing title (of which I have been completely in love with) and of Kakao themselves

@PM_Jouska

and the rest of the team. You have my sympathy really. You brought BDO to us with the best of initial intentions I believe, you wanted to make it separate and unique to the NA/Eu region, as free as possible of the trappings and systems that western gamers despise so much of stereotypical 'asian p2w" games, but it seems to me your hand has been forced, in the process you have alienated a vast portion of a once loyal player base and have had your own reputations ruined in the process. PA has made you to be now known as 'liars' and untrustworthy" and your name will be looked upon with derision by many many people, just like Trion and others are.

Well said.

not surprise.. Jouska is BIG P2W FAN.. remember he was playing ARCHAGE and pay for win there like god.. 

Wow, you're retarded, if you think Jouska was the one making such a decision.

Edited by Mooie Rui
2 people like this

Posted

@PM_Jouska I'd like to hear you respond to some of the criticizms.

Are you comfortable with the fact that it'd be pretty easy to read everything Daum/Kakao has publicated and make a class action lawsuit against it? Or how Paypal is probably just going to have a revolving door style chargeback towards your company if it gets hit with 4000 chargeback requests at once that seem legitimately founded.

Don't get me wrong I'm interested in knowing the numbers, like for the marketplace value of the content and stuff, but if you won't share them before the patch is live, I'll be spending my next week not playing, but instead pursuing quitting permanently.

Posted

You are telling people that's its against TOS to buy gold from someone cheaper then urselfs, but then saying its okay if you guys sell it at a even higher price. I bought 1,400$ worth of shit a none of it is p2w model, I will never buy anything from daum again well this remains you guys are walking a thin line. An might loose what you have doing this..

Posted

You're the only person I've seen address this issue though. And I don't argue against the people who are addressing it like you are because that's not what I have a problem with.

From day 1 I've had a problem with ignorant p2w screamers.
Cite ~3500 of my posts.

I've yet to put my full opinion out yet, as I do no know exactly how this system works. Thus, to form an opinion about it would be to submit to ignorance.

How many pearls do you receive for being mounted on Kakou's ----- 24/7?
Seriously, how do you even reach 3,500 posts of ignorance and defense of shadyness without being paid. I'm sure you'll try and respond with something clever because you think people care so I am asking in a completely un-antagonistic way..do they pay you or do actually have a serious case of autism or what's your story friend?

1 person likes this

Posted

Absolutely -----ing terrible

would have not played this game had they been up front about this

Posted

This is the very reason why people left Archeage

Posted

if you kakao want players to have more accessibility to pearl shop item without P2W is one easy solution. drop a vendor with the items so player buy it for silver. easy like that... u greedy bastards!

Posted

You're the only person I've seen address this issue though. And I don't argue against the people who are addressing it like you are because that's not what I have a problem with.

From day 1 I've had a problem with ignorant p2w screamers.
Cite ~3500 of my posts.

I've yet to put my full opinion out yet, as I do no know exactly how this system works. Thus, to form an opinion about it would be to submit to ignorance.

People are addressing the issue, but they aren't articulating it well. Let's see if I can summarize the general consensus:

• Real money to silver transactions mean people can gain an advantage by dumping money into the game
  • People feel lied to because they feel this monetizing method is pay2win
  • The trend thus far confirms (subjectively) their fears of a downward spiral (b2p -> expensive cash shop -> pseudo monthly sub -> real money to silver)
  • They fear this will lead to F2P P2W style games like Blade and Soul
  • They fear this decision will force a lot of their friends out

However, given @PM_Jouska's tone, I don't think Kakao wants this either. This sounds like "Please complain as loud as you can" to me.

Let's see where this goes.

1 person likes this