• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

If this is really going to be added, then the costume/pet prices better be like 5k silver each. Honestly, who doesn't already have a costume? And you give out pets for free all the time. There is no need to pretend this is about giving everyone equal access to pearl shop items. As you can see, the community clearly understand that this is about making more money, otherwise you'd make pearl shop items purchasable with silver. 

If BDO was free to play, then fine, add this feature so you can make your money and we can get bored of watching the 1% enjoy the game until we eventually quit (like every other f2p game--no big loss). But we paid for this game. This does not belong in our version of the game.

Posted

Sorry Anemone... I didn't mean to quote you and I can't seem to delete it. 

I don't know, I was one of the biggest complainers regarding p2w before, but no matter what with a grinder like this you can complain.  Right now it's, "loser's win" sorry no offense, but let's be honest in general your top players don't go to school and don't have jobs.  Before anyone says it, I know there are exceptions to that.  So, making it so people can buy items and resell them...okay soooo who's complaining?  The ones that don't go to school or have jobs?  Either way someone is getting screwed.  It's not like they are posting boss armor on the cash shop.  I think this just makes things a little more equal.  No lifers should be happy, now you can get some competition.

Not True.  I am a working professional and I strongly oppose this.  I've spent over $300 on this game because I supported it and it's non Pay to Win stance.   I've played pay to win games in the past.  I loved Archeage and played that game for 2 years and spent probably close to $6000 on that game.  But even after all of that investment i was still 1-2.5K gearscore behind everyone else in competitive PvP.   You would sink money into the game to overcome RNG and get better gear through various means and then all of a sudden the publisher would release "catch up" mechanics that made those hundreds of dollars you spent completely meaningless.

I've been through this ringer before and I refuse to do it again.  It's a rabbit whole you keep throwing money into to try to catch up.  Only No lifers and absolute whales will end up being able to afford to keep playing the game with either their disposable time or disposable money.   When I decided to quit Archage pretty much all of the top PvP guilds were made up of college students with loads of time on their hands ("No lifers" as you call them ) or IT professionals, Doctors, Lawyers and other people with large amounts of disposable income.    I make a decent amount of money each year but I have neither the time nor the money to keep up with the rest of the pack.  The sad part was that I wasn't bad at PvP.  I remember there was one point in the game's life cycle where I was actually able to "catch up" to the top geared players and for about 2 months the game was great for me.  I experienced some of the best gaming and guild community I've ever had... but then it was back to chasing the Gear score rabbit when I had to take about a month break from the game because of the birth of my daughter. 

So no... its not all "no-lifers" that this will effect.  To be perfectly honest this won't effect them much at all because they're making tons of money already.  It will effect everyone in between.  you'll see a sharp drop off of players after this is implimented who are quitting out of principal or because they know what's comming.  

daum/kakao will then start implementing desperate measures and freebies and reward packages to try to keep their player base or attract new ones.  The population will steadily dwindle as the people that scoffed at the "pay to win" concerns of others slowly see the game die and see the gear gap widen between the whales and No-lifers and everyone else. 

Unfortunately I think it will happen sooner than that because unlike ArcheAge which had Amazing PvP mechanics and many motivations to keep playing, Black desert has only node wars and sieges for pvp activities and their party/raid mechanics (or lack thereof) is utter garbage. 

Also the entire segment of people that were playing in KR or RU before this will simply return to that version of the game because it makes no sense to play the EU/NA versions

This is a crippling blow to BDO and it saddens me because I loved this game even though it's flawed and unfinished.   I just can't support another Pay to Win game. 

6 people like this

Posted

This is Seriously Bad news you guys. So far i loved how you worked to avoid P2W, but this currency BS is going to sink the game i tell you. It's OK if game like WOW does it due to their Bind on Acquire system for best loot, but here you can get literally Everything for Silver. I would much rather see some more Subscription advantages than this. Ultimately you'll lose players and less than you'd gain by this decision.

Don't want to drama, but this is really making me nervous about future of this game.

Posted

If this is truly so all players can 'experience' the pearl shop items, why don't you simply allow players to convert silver to pearls?  

Or simply allow players to purchase the items directly with silver.  

Acts as a gold sink.

GW2 did this brilliantly.

this. and GW2 was b2p for the longest time, wayyyyyy longer than this game which was promised to be non p2w. Now its Buy2play, with a subscription and p2w cash shop, literally it cant get any worse than this.

Posted

wrk8uGJ.png

Notice me plunge senpai

Seriously though, please don't add this feature to the game. I really enjoy the way it is currently implemented.

em signatures increasing by 200 every 5min lol.

Posted

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

How about adding an NPC that makes exchanges SILVER to PERLS ? 
It wont crash the economy, people wont be able to pay for silver and if someone wants a perl shop item they'll be able to obtain it by playing enough.
Only downside is i guess you wont make money off it but at least you wont lose a shit ton of players. 

4 people like this

Posted

YES! Thank you Kakao.

Been waiting for something like this. Here's my thought . . . . .

Many people like myself at level 53 are still having issues making enough money to buy good gear. I'm still mostly in +5 Grunil. I've wanted to buy some nice outfits but I'm not willing to pay around $30 for something that doesn't give any stats or perks but they look nice. Now, I can buy some stuff with Pearls and sell it for in-game silver and make enough to but better armor to compete. So, my $30 actually did something good for me.

On the flipside, there are also many players that would like to have the Value Pack, or a nice Costume that refuse to pay, or can't afford to pay real money but they have an excess of in-game silver. Now, they can use it to buy Pearl shop items. Each player actually helps each other and it all balances out.

VERY nice change!

people like you are so stupid ... you actually play a KR game so the goal is to farm or crfting to get money and expect that you buying a game 30euro for finally get fcked by a p2w system ? before the game they clairly say we gonna make BDO a B2P game to dodge the goldsellers etc .. so now enjoy the futur of this game ... like 2 years max ?

Posted

R.I.P

BDO had a great potential too bad !

well for me, no Korean MMO again ! (Aion / Archeage / BDO / B&S ...)

Posted (edited)

I'd prefer paying for upcoming expansions etc than this, GW2 has a nice pay model that keeps the game quite active till today.

Too bad i don't really enjoy the game though.

Don't worry they will make you pay for upcoming expansions, they have breaken every promise they made... Just wait...

Don't play korean games.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

What exactly are people winning here?More silver? Yeah if you're a card swiper, but it's already easy to make silver in the game.
More items that they'd otherwise, have to pay for in REAL MONEY instead of silver?
The chance to get items other people already have through the cash shop?

What advantages are players that can't justify spending real money on items in the cash shop, getting that players spending real money aren't already getting?

Please enlighten me on it.

It's not that part that makes it p2w.

It's the guy selling CS shop stuff in AH buying PEN crap, ppl grinding can't afford or are not lucky enough to enchant to.

I said it before, if ur a pve player, I get it you dont rly care.

Posted

Agree +1

Posted

whoa weird, I don't think I ever commented on this thread ._.

no worries c:

Posted

Wow, you're retarded, if you think Jouska was the one making such a decision.

YES Jouska = Daum EU/NA .. they are responsible for EN/NA release

Posted

Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content. 

except when 

Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.

there will be exatcly 1 pearl shop item available on the market, the one that brings the most silver for $$$ xD

1 person likes this

Posted

If the costumes are worth an obscene amount then this can turn sour quick. If they're worth about what an average geared player makes in a day it's not really a big deal.

Better idea would be to limit the sales to 10 per month instead of 5 per week. Then the stuff could be worth obscene amounts and it still wouldn't matter, because neither the supply nor demand would be there to make it matter enough to warrant worrying.

The exchange rate will determine whether there's a mass exodus or if this blows over in a few weeks. The biggest issue of "p2w" from this will be if hundreds/thousands of people quit and release tons of ridiculous gear to the market, ironically giving the people selling pearl items an avenue to actually p2w. Buying stuff from the night vendor means you still have to roll the dice on upgrading it all (after rolling the dice to actually get the item) which will cost far more than I suspect one would be able to make selling 5 items per week unless they don't cap the prices at something sane.

Lots of outrage, not a whole lot of actual thinking in this thread. Yes, this could be something horrible, but we don't know if it will be or not yet.

Posted

Notice me plunge senpai

Seriously though, please don't add this feature to the game. I really enjoy the way it is currently implemented.

Sosboz, so many notifications. 978 may seem like a large number, but let's not forget that it's still a minority compared to the number of players in the game. Not saying that people DO want this, but that polls shouldn't be taken seriously. There's also the fact that there seem to be an influx of new accounts being made for the sole purpose of QQing, but I'm sure that people wouldn't do this to influence a poll. After all, they didn't do it to like their own images for the competition? R...right? 

Posted

wrk8uGJ.png

Notice me plunge senpai

But at least they listend to the community -.-

This is truly mornic on Daum and PA's side. 

Sleep well fair prince. it was fun while it lasted.

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

As someone who has spent $600 on this game thus far. I am all for it. Will give me more free time in my real life which I value. Grinding in this game is intense, since I won't have to grind as much, I see this as a win win.. Only wish they would have done it sooner. lol @PM_Jouska 

2 people like this

Posted

Honestly i prefer to paid for a new map expension than a new p2w system 

Posted

At least allow people to sell their stuff on AH they already bought from the shop at least that would be fair, people could sell their items to one person and the they could do the same. As it stands the whole point of buying pearl stuff is TO MAKE SILVER, not trade or enjoy the game or make it better in anyway just straight out convert cash to in game coin. Talk about a money grab.

Posted

I actually don't mind this at all, though whether I stick around in BDO will ultimately depend on whether the majority of my friends from the guild keeps playing or not. :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome news. Giving non-shop players access to the cash items while further incentivizing pearl purchases to the whales seems pretty win/win to me. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Another problem is not being able to sell Pearl Shop items you have used, like pets and outfits.  It seems to make this purely a P2W motivation.  Anyone selling an item from the Pearl Shop they have not used is doing it purely to literally buy silver with real money, rather than someone who has grown out of a purchase they made a while ago.  Any and all restrictions aside, that is purely P2W, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Posted

IT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS ! 

Posted

How much did you take from blizzard to ruin your game before Legion came out ?

2 people like this