• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

People realize that this is basically plex except you sell items instead of game time right...? Lots of successful mmos have implemented cash purchase->in-game market systems.

you can destroy a plex, you can trade a plex, you can consume a plex, you can do none of this with a costume.

Unless you saying that i can strip your dead corpse in PvP for a 25% chance for your costume piece to drop. then you might of had a point.

Posted

P2W MODEL COMING STAY AWAY FROM BDO FOR NOW DONT LOG ON DONT BUY ANYTHING AN WILL FORCE THEM TO REMOVE!!

Posted

Well RIP BDO... 28 Feb 2016 - 10 Aug 2016

Posted

pIpVJML.png

A concept thread on the forums currently. If it is in fact accessibility to these items you want to provide this offers a valid solution to that. 

3 people like this

Posted

Oh i forgot! If we are going full p2w can we get boss gear bundel in The Pearl store?!

Cuz that is what we need! Or tax free value pack, why sell IRL cash items on a fake market place With fake tax?

Posted

P2W sad day for bdo its been slowly pushed onto us since launch. With each new P2W added from costumes and pets to the new "subscription" and now being able to sell Cash Shop Items.

Posted

I don't see you take in consideration owr opinion. Most of the people don't want p2w and you wrote in UE the game is b2w not p2w..now you change all. I think that now half of the poeple that play will leave. So if your thinking it's to reduce the hardware to now you can do. You can make only 1 server soo...

Posted

@PM_Jouska can we get some personal thoughts from you? I mean you've stated before that you actually play the game. Do you actually disagree with those stating this is a bait and switch?

Can you show us how this isn't a parallel to the destructive problems that went on in Archeage? I've been overly disappointed in how withdrawn you've become from the community. Are you not allowed to state personal views? Has this become just another "job." And are you proud of this kind of response?

You state our "opinions" matter. Yet the last few major game changing issues it seems we are ignored. Is that the fault of you? Or the other CM? Or is it Kakao team? Or the Kakao higher ups? 

I feel that either the community is being ignored on these hot button issues or its a failure on YOUR TEAM'S part to communicate. Can you clarify?

I feel disappointed in you for once.

Shame.

I do not believe they are allowed to give their personal opinions on changes.

The purpose behind this move is NOT FOR THE PLAYERS TO HAVE ACCESS TO PEARL SHOP ITEMS.  They call that a Lie where I come from.

IF you can not see that, you are beyond help.

It seems you are, as that was not your argument; of course, if you would like to change your argument just to make your statement seem valid – by all means. However, your initial argument was that the thread title was misleading, I simply proved you wrong.

Your real argument is about the purpose of this new mechanic, which is not the same.

Wow calling someone out for spelling a word wrong that might be form a country that doesn't have english as native language, are you 12 or just an asshole?

If he can't then he should at least leave the company and show that he stand by what he been telling us all this time. 

Shut up, I called him out for being uncultured – if someone's rude, expect the same treatment back. You could have called me a 'grammar nazi', but not an asshole – but I'm guessing you just wanted to call me that since I called you dumb. Who is butthurt now?

Are you really that incapable of thinking or have no knowledge of how real life works? If something doesn't go the way you want, you keep fighting – you don't just take the easy route out. Perhaps that's how you live your life, but do not try to dictate how others should.

YES Jouska = Daum EU/NA .. they are responsible for EN/NA release

You are completely missing the point. In your own word, 'responsible' – which is not the same as having sole control of the game.

Posted

Protests against P2W have begun, join the fight!!! UNO Calpheon U1, just show your flag to show your angry. Live streaming https://www.twitch.tv/orcanaria

Captura.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

So sad...so heartbroken...

download.jpg

Posted

I'm sorry, what?Wait a -----ing second what? LMAO.

As much as you and I have been at eachothers throats in the past and now this?
Very interesting sir. Very interesting.

I agree with you.

Can you cite those promises? Or are you lying to try to make a point like the rest of them. 

I'm sure somebody will be able to back track to Jouska's Q&A forum posts at launch stating Cash Shop items will never be sell -able

Posted

If you implement this, you will lose my business forever.

Posted

pIpVJML.png

A concept thread on the forums currently. If it is in fact accessibility to these items you want to provide this offers a valid solution to that. 

HAHA, it's not accessibility they care about, it's the quick cash grab that p2w brings. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

Seems like a good solution. There's a similar feature in WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc. and it hasn't devolved into "P2W", despite the reactionaries that claim the sky is falling with every patch. 

And this will address the countless complaints that pearl items aren't available in-game. Now they can be bought with silver like any other high value item (if anyone actually buys the item with the intention to sell it). A restriction on monthly pearl sales (on the marketplace) would be nice, but then again, I'd feel sorry for anyone who dropped hundreds just to make silver. 

Hopefully your report to PA isn't swayed by those who are hellbent on removing the pearl shop entirely (which obviously can't and won't happen). 

1 person likes this

Posted

This alot better than the Kr implementation of cash shop to market place sales.

Only issue maybe not considered is how much each item is to sell on market. Will this get managed by kakao. Also when you say limited to five items. Has anyone considered that this will open up even more to gold traders. I mean how many cash shop tears are we gonna see on the market for 20Mil. Sorry I just see you making your problems greater and bot farmers getting bigger and bigger. 

For once please listen to yourcommunity. If they don't want then don't implement it.

Posted

You're gonna kill this game. This is actually worse than Archeage. Total bait and switch.

Although if you didn't see this coming you haven't been paying attention. Every KR game and company ever goes p2w whether their publisher agrees or not.

Posted

Seems like a good solution. There's a similar feature in WoW, SWTOR, GW2, etc. and it hasn't devolved into "P2W", despite the reactionaries that claim the sky is falling with every patch. 

And this will address the countless complaints that pearl items aren't available in-game. Now they can be bought with silver like any other high value item (if anyone actually buys the item with the intention to sell it). A restriction on monthly pearl sales (on the marketplace) would be nice, but then again, I'd feel sorry for anyone who dropped hundreds just to make silver. 

Hopefully your report to PA isn't swayed by those who are hellbent on removing the pearl shop entirely (which obviously can't and won't happen). 

Just because companies deem it acceptable doesnt mean we should deem it acceptable. 

Posted

Don't think this is a wise decision. Basically every single game i have ever played that starts doing to much of this "p2w" dies out very quickly... I would much rather see and pay for a subscription based game than having all of these options to trade real money for in-game advantages. 

^^

I have no issue buying cash shop novelty items to support a game I like.  I have no issue paying a monthly subscription to support a game I like.  I have zero interest in playing a game with p2w. 

Posted

..And here I thought they were finally announcing price reductions on the cash shop.. but this.. NO, just no. 

This will make putting effort into getting gear in this game pointless when some rich pleb can just buy and sell costumes and go from 0 - OP in seconds.. alot of credit cards from parents will be getting stolen..

Posted

You know this is to kill gold farmers? I mean, I see them selling 10m gold for $10... now a costume costs $30? I am going to assume 30m per gift shop item so 150m a week. Now why would you pay farmers instead of Daum?

GJ Daum, I like your anti farming and cheating proposals xxx

Posted

Definitely won't spend any more money on this game now that I see promises aren't kept. If I wanted p2w I would have stayed at Vindictus. 

Posted (edited)

I want a refund, this is the same BS Korea has and they were allowed to play this game for free. 

You tested the waters and kept pushing until  you brought in value packs which is already borderline P2W, you delay ninja and Kuno classes blaming balance and end up releasing them months later in a broken and nerfed state, so you essentially lied to us and did nothing to balance these classes.  

And now you finally got what you wanted, after all those promises and all those talks you've had with the community you still bring P2W aspects in the game through the sale of pearl items in game.

I seriously want a refund of my conquerors package.... You guys can go milk another cow.  

Edited by DarkSpirit

Posted

A grand concept on the forums. It would not make Daum additional income but it would not be "Pay-to-win". With enough effort they could have access to it.

@PM_Jouska

http://i.imgur.com/pIpVJML.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm done.

Bye BDO.

Posted

The worst part of it is that I really believed you when you said that this game will never be p2w. I hate you Daum. I regret every minute I wasted in this game.