• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Black desert has reached its final form, like his big brother archeage. GG

black_age_online_logo_design_by_rafater.

1 person likes this

Posted

Paying an extortionate 30 euros for a cosmetic in game costume translates to how much silver exactly? Nobody in their right mind is going to spend 150 euro/bucks a week for 250 million silver if its 50 mil per costume. Half a duo witch earring per costume....nope. Now if its 500 million per costume only a select few will be able to afford it. The in game economy does not generate that much silver though junk drops. I cant see many costumes selling in one situation or anyone in there right mind selling them in the other. The value packs for 15 euros/bucks each is another weird one. If the max price is cheap say 50 mil they will sell like hot cakes IF someone wants to dish out that much real money to sell it.

5 items per week is hardly a limitation either, it can equate to $600 every 28 day period. Its more a corporate question of "what is the maximum the average player likely to spend over a given period"? So yes this is an act of pure greed to sell more cash shop items probably to the same people.

Saying we want to allow people access to all items from the cash shop as it denies them a fuller gaming experience is utterly insulting. I didn't realise running around in fairy wings in your lucky underpants made the game experience any different. Apparently these are more features of the game some people QUOTE: "for whatever reason don't get to experience all the features" END. By suggesting you are allowing P2W and probably making 5 times more sales in the cash shop is because you feel sorry for the poorer/unwilling people is pure fiction.

Furthermore you are now telling the community you had no idea this was going to happen and just NOW found out these changes were coming? Really? My birth certificate has yesterdays date on it apparently. Flat blank lying isn't a good way to go with customers. Why did people have to pay for the game in the first place if "value packs" or pretty much mandatory subscriptions were to be added AND a P2W model? I understand why drop rates in the end game areas are so abysmal now as well, I see a "increase drop chance" booster or something along those lines being introduced to the cash shop soon rather than later. RNG for cash....no thanks.

First lie to your customers saying this one time fee is all you need to pay, then introduce a subscription followed swiftly by a means to advance at lightning pace for real money. At the same time saying to us "it isn't going to happen". Most P2W games are free to play but BDO owners want a bit more. Charge money for the game, charge money for the subscription and charge money to advance faster in game, Oh you want a new look? Money please. Hey I have an idea, charge a few pearls for forum posts that may squeeze a few more buck from your customers.

It makes so much sense now why so much information on this game is "hidden". How much extra does node investment actually improve drop chance? Luck? But cash shop items give a nice tangible figure. How to increase your drop chances in reality? Pay money. How do you get the best horse? Pay money. How to get your failstacks to PEN level? You guessed it. P2W isn't what this game will be after next week. Pay for literally every gaming element or spend every hour of your life grinding. Not even blizzard has the fan base to be that audacious.

Good luck with ^^^^ that.    

2 people like this

Posted

and you wanne refund money for 6 month in the past?

Very easy if you PayPald it

Posted

I CALLED IT!!!!!!!!!

You realize this means they're done caring about this game and the dev team is moving on to a new project. 

It's already been announced if you keep up with the KR announcements. The rest of this game is going to be a cash grab.

I Originally posted this in regards to my call on value pack coming. I believe it applies here for you, now.  I also figured this was coming but did not publicly state as at the time I was already in the process of mentally uninvesting in this game and stopped caring. Anyway. Enjoy. You deserve it.

Posted

The only way this would be acceptable is if the items were not for sale on the shop, and you could get them via quests or a serious grind.  If those things were available for effort instead of money.   Granted you can but them on the shop  but letting you sell them on the market is pure rubbish.

I would welcome quests for pets,costumes etc but family bound for sure. 

Posted

Well I -----ing messed up. I just recently purchased the game without any knowledge that PA would lie and go against everything that they promised the game would be. I was so excited to finally have the chance to give the game a go, that I gave away my guest codes. RIP My life guess I won't be able to get a refund. 

Oh wait... PA promised to not go P2W, then went P2W, wow false advertisement

Nicely done PA. Well I enjoyed the 10-15 hours I've had with BDO. 

Posted

Server Crash INC Come to Valencia J2 .  Server :  Jordine

2016-08-04_440767220vwskc.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I like this ... thank you :) I actually have a job so this doesn't bother me at all, but it would not be fair for the ones that don't have a job and lives with there parents, but who cares :D  

even in real life, you have to pay to win. You go to college, you pay, you get a degree and then you find a job and make your money. I could not careless seeing these whiners leave. you can make 5 mil an hour easily and you do that math from that..

Well you and your little jerk-off friends that think like you can hang out on a server with 100 people in it and have fun.

Posted

The way this is going its nutz. Why not put kzarka TET on pearl shop and failstacks?

Posted

Boy, ya'll really know how to eff up, now don't you? Consistently, you ain't done it small, you've done it large ... some have to wonder if you're ever going to get your heads outta your arses, or if you're just gonna continue drivin' this ship into the shore. you know, can't keep it afloat ... it becomes perfectly useless. Pretty as this game is, it's just not what you guys touted it to be. Ciao baby.

Posted

I was trying to contact PM_Jouska, but I guess with reason, I cannot send my personalized message to him. On why I wanted to message him directly was that my message not to be lost in all the complains that is happening in the forums right now. So, can you please transfer to him. Or have the team read it whole. I simply hope that it is heard. There is no rant, just giving my point of view and actual ideas to maybe deal with the P2W factor. Thank you. So here is the message.

Greetings,

Instead from posting within the forum where my thinking may be lost in the void of all the complainers, I decided to simply address myself to you directly.

Hopefully you will read what I do have to say.

There is currently a poll voting about this new system that I hope you and your team will look upon. Just in case, here the link to this said poll. 

I personally voted No to the poll for various reason.

Firstly, I've seen somewhere that Daum promised that EU/NA server will never get P2W features. And sadly, by doing this mechanics, it will turn the game into a Pay2Win game.

Why?

First of all. You may limit the selling to 5 items per week, but 5 outfits or costumes are a total of 14500 Pearl. And I talk about the whole outfit with the weapons. That is if you allow yourself to let the player be able to sell on the Marketplace the unpacked outfit ( in its chest that comes in ) means people will be able to hoard silver like mad. Like a lot of it. But if you guys do not allow the pack to be sold and must be open to get the items then allow to sell the items individually, then the price per week drops to 30$ max. At least considering the outfits. 

But then, you might ask yourself, why hoarding the silver?
Here come my second point. The night vendor. The fact that there is a chance for the night vendor to offer a boss item. Meaning a Kzarka weapon, Bheg's gloves. Muskan's boots. Just to give example. These items are usually extremely rare to get. But if someone get their hands on it. They are set for life. They just need to enhance it and they are good. With today's method, the only way is by beating the bosses in the field or scrolls. Which is fair deal. But since Night vendors is here. People can get lucky and be able to -buy- the item. And that's why people will buy Pearl, sell the pearl item to gain the money they need to even be sure to be able to buy the gloves or boots at the 300% of MP range limit. And that's where the P2W factor just came in.

People may just spend thousands of dollars in Pearls, buy popular outfits pets and value pack and sell it to the Market Place. Hoard their Silver and roll the lottery on the night vendor. The guy does not even need to grind the bosses anymore to lay his hand on the much wanted boss armor. Or does not even need to grind normal monster to gain their money the old fashioned way.

Then when they get their item. All they have to do is buy all the black stones and memory fragment then starts to enhance their new acquisition. Without even moving out of a city and get their money themselves.

And that is why I voted no to the Poll and +76% of the people also did.
The only way I'd see that P2W factor to be gone while keeping this Pearl item to MP mechanics active is to remove all boss drop item from the night vendor. Maybe with the exception of Kzarka weapons. To my belief, this one is fine to stay. But the boss armor set would need to go. Meaning people will still need to get up their asses and go do worlds bosses and scrolls to gain a chance of getting a boss item. 

Another way maybe that would help, is to put a hard limit on the pearl item prices on the MP. Where it cannot fluctuate. Keep it a the same price whatever the demand and offer is. And keep it relatively low. Not too low so that everyone can abuse of it. But not too high that people may gain money without any effort.
To me, the base idea sounds great. The ability to let nonpaying player ( least beyond buying the game ) could get access to convenience item that are usually only possible to buy with real money. That's great! But with the current model it would give an unfair progression speed to those that are willing to give more money than others could and starts to simply outmatch anyone that are not paying. Sure someone that doesn't may may get to his level, but so much slower.

If these limitation I just said earlier would be implemented, then I would have voted yes. But only limiting to 5 items per week is simply not enough to make sure the game doesn't turn P2W.

Thank you for reading to this point,

A worried player that wishes Black desert not to die horribly from an avoidable bad decision.

1 person likes this

Posted

Are we getting refund for purchasing the game, as it was sold to us under the specific understanding that this would not be coming to our region?

4 people like this

Posted

NO.

Posted

WoW is trash

More Salt please <3

Posted

P2W = Archeage 2.0

Bye bye Black Desert....

Posted

is that everybody who is quitting over this?

42922120160804173288399.png

Posted

RIP BDO

Posted

Thanks bro.:)

Posted

Maybe someone already posted it but :

Welcome to BlackAge

2 people like this

Posted

Now maybe some of you will realize why it takes so long to level after 55. Or, why the mobs are dull and boring. Or, why everything costs so much silver in game (game set prices). This (Korean) business model was in place all along, this wasn't some overnight decision.

Now that people have progressed to a certain point, the game will be introducing ways to reduce some of the tedium and boring mobs with leveling (packs with perks and exp boosts).

Now that people are needing tons and tons of silver for TET/PEN attempts (aka gambling), sellable cash shop items introduced.

Above is just a couple examples, but don't be fooled this plan was in place all along, the game is designed around this model. Milk the gamer addict, the rest do not matter, they never did.

Posted

Thank you for killing a game i really enjoyed. Sad thing is i doubt the staff reading any of this has any power over it.

Posted

Shame 

FidZknJ.gif

^ this.

3 people like this

Posted

Just call me Daum Shekelstein

Posted

is that everybody who is quitting over this?

It's a manifestation at heidel on Valencia J2

Posted

I agree many of the game systems that are available exclusively through the cash shop such as costumes(that go over armor) and pets(breeding leveling ect) should be made more widely available to the player base as a whole. These, to me , seem like core game systems and have a very influential impact on the gameplay experience at a basic level. 

Though, rather than this proposed solution. I, personally, would much rather an additional method for players to obtainable Pearl shop or rewards similar to those in the Pearl shop be made available through in game play/participation. (At a relatively slower rate, of course) 

Similar to the various seal/token turn in daily quests? 

I think an ideal method of doing this, allowing players to play/spend time to obtain Pearl shop rewards,  would be to utilize an NPC quest system or expand/modify the selection of the current Loyalty rewards system. Creating weaker or less potent versions of the Pearl shop items priced accordingly. 

Directly allowing items purchased with cash to be placed on the market place, with no processing or activity by the player beyond shelling out some cash.  Would be a major, mostly negative, change for the in game economy and overall progression structure of the game... .it could very well end up ruining the current balance of things entierly. 

With a latest announced change like this... you have a lot of us scratching our heads and wondering why this game was billed and made to appear buy2play in the first place? With many game systems being exclusive to the cash shop shortly after release and now a complete 180 on the decision to minimize the cash shops effect on the game at large... 

The direction is clearly that of a fully fledged free to play model. Using the cash shop as a major means of financial support. Rather than a buy2play game with an initial box cost, supplemented further by cash shop purchases. 

I understand that making and running this game isn't cheap. Money has to be made. But this is clearly a redirect, change of course, completely different direction from the initial launch.  It almost seems like the initial (30$) box price wasn't enough to justify the game surviving a mere 6 months in its buy2play state... why would it be priced so negligibly?!

If the game needed a 60$ price tag, sub fee, or paid access to additional (expansion) content. It should have just used a different model. It really, really, really feels like the plan all along was for the game to inevitably use its original free to play model, and the initial box price was slapped on just for the heck of it...