• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Relax, p2w hype comes almost every time theirs an update. Don't understand why you guys start complaining as soon you can buy certain items from the cash shop for silver. Happened with dyes, people went crazy, realized it made sense. This also makes sense for the people that can't access purchase anything from the cash shop. I feel like majority of the people complaining are the ones that are super geared and are mad that they don't want anyone getting close to the gear they have?

1 person likes this

Posted

Daum/Kakao. If you give a damn about your players. Don't make that change. 

IF PA WANT PLAYERS TO HAVE ACCESS TO COSTUMES ETC THEN WHY NOT PUT THEM IN A QUEST LINE? OR BUY FROM AN NPC? OR FROM LOYALTY OR EVENTS?

Don't try and treat us like we are stupid and say it is because you care. You want more money end of story.

2016-08-04_180890194.JPG

Posted

protest.jpg

Posted

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey dude nice avatar!

no idea who you are but I stole it (Y)

1 person likes this

Posted

Valencia j2 Jordine! 

2016-08-04_217449437.JPG

Posted

Welcome to BlackAge

SO funny :D

Posted

@PM_Jouska, There is one point, i want to light up here : 

After all the negative feedback you receive on this post if you do not postpone the AH update to rethinkl your system, then in order to make more money just fired all the community manager team, they are not needed anymore because THAT would be the absolute proof that you do not give a ship about players' feedback, So no need to pay people pretending to listen you don't.

So please show us that we are not talking to bots and that even if our opinions doesn't lead the game at least they are taken in consideration. 

Because here you are in a position which will impact a lot your credibility, because if you do not cancel this to think again on how bring CS transaction between players, how can you think we will believe that you care about feedback anymore. 

So please cancel this, read the few constructive post there is in this topic and come back with something which at least give us a proof that you take your players's feedback into consideration.

I doubt you will but at least i ask.

With this much blow back, if they go through with it despite all the people right now talking about chargebacks and the spam in-game about how daum lied and people died, It will further polarize their community against them and result in even more backlash.  It's like they're doing a living social experiment on why their korean version wasn't as popular as their western version.

Posted

spam here

contact@pearlabyss.com

1 person likes this

Posted

If you care about all players having access to your cash shop items, introduce a system like GW2 had. Give option to players to convert silver to pearls and buy your items from cash shop and whoever wants can use real money. But do not make those items able to be listed in marketplace because that is the thing that causes all the trouble, that players can be addicted in buying and buying more and more items with real money in order to sell them in marketplace for in-game silver and make a fortune. But I guess you are not going to do that because you want more money. I was ok with the value pack and every item so far, but now ok.. I have to agree with the majority that the way it goes it is a dead game soon. I have seen the exact same project in l2 by 4game and what left in the end was the heavy donators of the server. Sorry but I do not want another dead game.

Posted

Dear Daum,

your post appears to imply that you wish to allow any player to have access to the pearlshop outfits and items even if they do not have the ability to purchase these with real money. These items could then be bought from other players by means of the market.

If this truly is your only concern, I'd like to ask why you don't sell these items directly for in-game money. This will also help reduce the amount of silver in-game which just so happens to be another one of your goals.

I started playing Black Desert because of how tough it is to get your character to gain a higher level, something which many previous games have ruined. I would very much appreciate it if Black Desert does not become one of those games.

Posted

EVERYONE, PLEASE TAKE A SECOND TO CHANGE YOUR AVATAR TO THE NON-P2W IMAGE. LET'S SHOW DAUM AND PA WE ARE UNITED ON THIS!@!!!! 

p2w.png

1 person likes this

Posted

pay2win.jpg

Posted

BET AFTER THIS SOON GAME WILL GO F2P ,SO WHAT ABOUT US , PPL WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT FCKING GAME ? 

Posted

My wallet are to much carry pliz help me.

Posted

Posted (edited)

They have already made millions of $ and still the greed man ... the fuking greed....

I have soled my account 2 weeks after playing this game because i knew this would happen .. cashgrab greedy aholes

Edited by KarmaLoop

Posted (edited)

As someone who has very little money to spend on things I don't necessarily need like pets and costumes I appreciate the chance to buy them off the marketplace with in-game currency. But I also think that there need to be some restrictions on not only how many items people can sell in a set amount of time but also how much those items can sell for. If the prices are the same as in the KR version people could easily make over 300m in a week. I'm concerned that this will have a heavy impact on the game's balance and make BDO a pay to win game. Why should people be allowed to spend real money to get rich in-game while others have to spend hours grinding to even think about coming close to being able to upgrade their gear?

Edited by Lilyfairy

Posted

Greedy company :P Go ahead with this. Ruin your company's present and future. I wanna see it burnnnnnnn!!

Posted

There was a poll that 80% of the playerbase disagreed with it. Of course, like with everything, there's a margin of error. However, even with that margin of error, 80% is sizable. The game starts p2w, then goes f2p. Then we're stuck with another ArcheAge/TERA.

Scared? Yes, we're scared of another good game going dead.

Nope.. just NOPE.

When will people learn that FORUM BASE =/= THE ENTIRETY OF THE PLAYERBASE?

Posted

.eJwNyEEOwiAQAMC_cC_sLghLP9DEkz8whBLapJU

Posted

You can buy better equipment with real money in a equipment based pvp.

Means nothing. People who are not paying are still able to buy same EQ. Learn P2W definition.

Only problem is that we are being informed about it few days before. Will we be able to change soulbound items to "tradable" again?

Posted

NO P2W

Posted

My entire guild has talked about it and everyone there will stop playing if this goes through. That's a lot of people.

Same, my guild leader's trying to keep everyone together but we've lost a few and it hasn't even happened.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whether we get this ability or not, how about we definately we don't add this next week and maybe another time since not everyone is ok with the thought? It feels a bit rushed and a week isn't enough time to debate efficiently about this, this is indeed a big deal and I can tell alot of people are more angry than anything, so why not push it back a bit so people can calm down and talk about this properly.

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

I am highly disappointed in this decision! I've been with this game since beta and fell in love with it. One of my biggest issues with the game is the pricing of the items in the Pearl Shop. The outfits were some of the most expensive I've seen in any game, but I looked the other way and purchased the items because I believed the money would be used to further better the game, as it was a B2P and not a subscription based game. NOW it has been decided that people can buy Pearl Shop items and put them in the marketplace for others to sell so everyone can access them. This decision right here is a slap in the face to the THOUSANDS of players that have already spent hundreds or possibly thousands of dollars on Pearl Shop items only to find out, "Hey guess what? All that silver I have? I should've just waited to spend my hard-earned money and used my hard-earned silver to look pretty or to have my pets!" If you wanted to be fair to the players who couldn't afford your very high-priced items you should've done one of two things from the beginning:

1. ALL Pearl Shop items can be accessed through loyalties.

2. Pearl Shop items should be more affordable, and by affordable I mean the prices should be cut in half.

"But the amount of loyalties you get per day wouldn't be enough to purchase Pearl Shop items. It would take me weeks!" There's an easy solution to this, too. Players who log-in consecutively for one week can have an increase in loyalties per day. By day 7, it resets again. If they miss a log-in it resets back to the standard 100 loyalty.

Example:
Day 1: 100 loyalty
Day 2: 200 loyalty
Day 3: 400 loyalty
Day 4: 800 loyalty
Day 5: 1600 loyalty
Day 6: 3200 loyalty
Day 7: 100 loyalty

Costume amount: 6800 loyalty (individual pieces can be divided by however many pieces is in the set. 3 piece set divided by 6800 loyalty= estimates 2265 rounded down. That's roughly 6 days of consecutive log ins.) And before anyone says, "Not everyone can log in everyday for this." I say, "This game is built for you to AFK fish or autopath. I know MANY people stay logged in.

Pet amount: 800 loyalty

Value Packs (30 day): 13.6k loyalty (As this has bank slot increases, EXP increases, etc etc.)

Of course this is just a model I put together. The exact numbers don't have to be used, but this is a model that can successfully be put into the game to benefit those that can't afford the costumes, if you truly wanted to make it fair. Another way to accomplish fairness are to put some of these costumes as rewards for achievements. For God's sake there are so many achievements in this game, some of them could EASILY have a Pearl Shop item for those who are completion OCDs like myself. The only thing I know is that there are many people who know that if you allow access to post Pearl Shop items into the marketplace, not many people would be able to afford it in the first place. At the end of the day, the whole "We want to be fair to those who can't afford Pearls," is just a more political way of saying, "We want more money and this is how it's going to be." Because I've seen this before, especially with ESO, the minute you change into this model of business, the only ones that will be left are those measly 9+% of players who agree, "This is a great idea." And I can guarantee, after a time, they won't be buying anymore and there goes your money. Show us you truly care about us players. Listen to the players who are willing to invest in this game if you actually take the time to LISTEN.

3 people like this