• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

If you have to do this, pls not with 5 items per week. 

That's just to many...

Posted

A lot of us were already iffy on these things, but were willing to bear with it because we like the game. However, everyone has a breaking point, and it would seem that essentially buying silver is it for most. No matter how much I love BDO, on principle I can't continue playing it if this is where it's going.

Agreed, and to add on that, there will always be p2w 'aspects' in mmo's with cash shop items, that's how they make money, but that doesn't always define every mmo with a cash shop as p2w. But this change with selling stuff in cash shop in-game is FAR beyond p2w compared to everything else in the cash shop with small bonuses (aside from the marketplace tax bonus thing but even then this is far more p2w than that)

Posted

I haven't checked recently, but back when I played it, you could not buy the legendary weapons on the AH. You could buy parts, but not the weapon itself. Also again, you ignore all the other differences, such as the power of gear, differences in levels of gear and the fact that the game is not built around gear grind like this game is.

You could, but the difference in stats was so minimal that they were only bought for the awesome skin. 

Posted (edited)

There is a massive difference in game design between this game and GW2 that leads to this being p2w here but not GW2. In GW2 you cannot buy BiS gear with in game currency. Gear there is also not gated behind multiple layers of heavy rng. Nor is the difference in gear levels that big (it is actually some of the smallest I have seen in an MMO. Here, you can buy BiS gear for in game currency. Gear is behind a massive rng wall that money can break down pretty easily, and gear gaps are much larger along with gear playing the main role in how strong your character is when compared to another player.

FALSE
The Living World add-on stories gave some really great gear in GW2, though it was limited and split into parts, you have to PAY for it to even access these tiny 20 minute stories to even gain access to some content later on after hitting cap and getting some parts of the gear those Mordremoth bosses dropped.
After the living world stories were gone, they were never seen again until towards the end of 201, then disappeared again. (Until the HoT expansion.)

Legendaries are sold on the AH for quite a bit of gold, the parts, but we can't forget the currency exchange, so that's not a problem so long as you have the cash to throw and exchange for in game gold.

Edited by Asterotis

Posted

NO P2W!

Posted

1. Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.
  2. We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.
  3. We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.
  1. Could you tell us more about this "detailed discussion" that was going on between Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss? Knowing full well that this community is absolutely against P2W aspects, I have the feeling said discussion was rather one-sided.
  2. If these items are necessary, why aren't they included in our game?
      Assuming the recent news about 1 million copies sold is correct, the income would already be around 48 million € from the copies alone, the sold cash shop items most likely up this by a few million as well. With a starting capital of 90.000€ (I guess the license itself also did cost additional money) this version should have produced enough income that these "necessary" items are added directly into the game, one way or another.

Let us buy these "necessary" items via Loyalty or add them directly into a vendor so we can buy it via silver and not from other players via RMT. Add more restrictions as the current one means 5x the most expensive item and then wait for another week.
  3. The limitation is unbalanced and in favour of high value items like costumes. If a costume has the value of roughly 70M, which then could be sold 5 times for a total of 350M silver per week, hardly anyone would be interested in selling low value items, which Pearl Abyss may deem as "necessary".
3 people like this

Posted

Alustin - Sovereign recruiting lvl 56+  / 30k a year salaries.  

PM for details

30k/year?  Hell, that isn't nearly enough to buy 5 costumes a week ($600/month).  

My guild is accepting 150k+ salaries only.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I welcome this change. This is only the pearl shop items. I have friends who can't afford to invest real money in the game, and to have an alternate method to get costumes and inventory expansion, etc, would be great. It really just levels the field.

Basically if you don't have a few hundred extra dollars to spend on this game you are always going to be way behind everyone else. This evens things out a bit.

Edited by Plink

Posted

You're an idiot! You know you can't do that now. Nobody will charge back this far in. I work for a credit card company and here's the skinny . . .

* You bought goods ( Game )
* You received goods.
* Goods were in working order when received.
* You used goods ( You played the game )
* There is no warranty on goods that warrants a refund within a certain time period.

This would be our investigation if we receive a charge-back request. One other option is IF the merchant ( Kakoa Games or Pearl Abyss ) agrees to release the funds back to the purchaser. This is NOT going to happen because you already have played the game.

Done!

this happens all the time not sure what you're  talking about

Posted (edited)

People are complaining about chargebacks and everything else, what I want is a response from daum.

Edited by Maelvogar

Posted

If they want p2w limit should be not 5 per week, there should 3 per month with item market max price 20 000 000!

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't checked recently, but back when I played it, you could not buy the legendary weapons on the AH. You could buy parts, but not the weapon itself. Also again, you ignore all the other differences, such as the power of gear, differences in levels of gear and the fact that the game is not built around gear grind like this game is. Therefor they are not the same.

Legendary weapons were sold in GW2 on auction house.

Posted

NO ,JUST NO DAUM.... don't make this p2w

Posted

RIP BDO. Im not going down this path again.

Posted

You broke yet another promise, good job killing one if not the best MMO out there right now

Posted

Things that were P2W before this was even implemented

Costumes with 10% Exp bonus for the set
Value Packs
Maids (lol)
Weight limit increases
Ghille Suits
Fish Suit
Pets

Etc.

I'm sure most of you crying now, some that might even be in top guilds that used to PK people or some other malarkey said "NOPE, these aren't pay to win, it's pay to convenience!"

But once they implement something that helps people that DON'T want to spend real money and get things they want with IN GAME CURRENCY it's "Oh no, people are now gonna be able to get GEARED and stuff through this system and make more silver!"

10% is pretty hefty but levels don't mean all that much. being 10% of ahead of someone means nothing above level 56 since it'll amount to a few %.
Value packs were complained about so it's not like people weren't upset with it

Maids aren't that impactful 50lt every 20 minutes is maybe 200 turn ins.

Weight limit increases are very helpful, but once again people fought about this too

I won't keep going on because you get the point, the fact is people have been complaining about all these features you mentioned, They fought and tried to get change. This is just another step towards this game going downhill and being changed into a game people don't want. And it is a big one (bigger than the previous mentioned mechanics).

Posted

Do not make the item sell able on the AH!

Use an NPC that cost a lot of silver, this way you can take some of the money out of the game.

Posted

Just as I got back into the game too... 

I can't say that I'll stop playing the game but I definitely won't be putting anymore money into it. Ah well, goodbye most of the player base, hello empty servers :/

2 people like this

Posted

I am highly disappointed in this decision! I've been with this game since beta and fell in love with it. One of my biggest issues with the game is the pricing of the items in the Pearl Shop. The outfits were some of the most expensive I've seen in any game, but I looked the other way and purchased the items because I believed the money would be used to further better the game, as it was a B2P and not a subscription based game. NOW it has been decided that people can buy Pearl Shop items and put them in the marketplace for others to sell so everyone can access them. This decision right here is a slap in the face to the THOUSANDS of players that have already spent hundreds or possibly thousands of dollars on Pearl Shop items only to find out, "Hey guess what? All that silver I have? I should've just waited to spend my hard-earned money and used my hard-earned silver to look pretty or to have my pets!" If you wanted to be fair to the players who couldn't afford your very high-priced items you should've done one of two things from the beginning:

1. ALL Pearl Shop items can be accessed through loyalties.

2. Pearl Shop items should be more affordable, and by affordable I mean the prices should be cut in half.

"But the amount of loyalties you get per day wouldn't be enough to purchase Pearl Shop items. It would take me weeks!" There's an easy solution to this, too. Players who log-in consecutively for one week can have an increase in loyalties per day. By day 7, it resets again. If they miss a log-in it resets back to the standard 100 loyalty.

Example:
Day 1: 100 loyalty
Day 2: 200 loyalty
Day 3: 400 loyalty
Day 4: 800 loyalty
Day 5: 1600 loyalty
Day 6: 3200 loyalty
Day 7: 100 loyalty

Costume amount: 6800 loyalty (individual pieces can be divided by however many pieces is in the set. 3 piece set divided by 6800 loyalty= estimates 2265 rounded down. That's roughly 6 days of consecutive log ins.) And before anyone says, "Not everyone can log in everyday for this." I say, "This game is built for you to AFK fish or autopath. I know MANY people stay logged in.

Pet amount: 800 loyalty

Value Packs (30 day): 13.6k loyalty (As this has bank slot increases, EXP increases, etc etc.)

Of course this is just a model I put together. The exact numbers don't have to be used, but this is a model that can successfully be put into the game to benefit those that can't afford the costumes, if you truly wanted to make it fair. Another way to accomplish fairness are to put some of these costumes as rewards for achievements. For God's sake there are so many achievements in this game, some of them could EASILY have a Pearl Shop item for those who are completion OCDs like myself. The only thing I know is that there are many people who know that if you allow access to post Pearl Shop items into the marketplace, not many people would be able to afford it in the first place. At the end of the day, the whole "We want to be fair to those who can't afford Pearls," is just a more political way of saying, "We want more money and this is how it's going to be." Because I've seen this before, especially with ESO, the minute you change into this model of business, the only ones that will be left are those measly 9+% of players who agree, "This is a great idea." And I can guarantee, after a time, they won't be buying anymore and there goes your money. Show us you truly care about us players. Listen to the players who are willing to invest in this game if you actually take the time to LISTEN.

This

or

#REFUNDS

1 person likes this

Posted

@PM_Jouska  JORDINE AGAINST P2W! People are still there!

1 person likes this

Posted

If everybody quits now and it ruins this game can I have my money back? I finally had found a game I was going to stick with for a long while. This unrest is not making me happy.

Posted

RIOT!

Posted

NICE!

No more doing anything to get those end game items. All I have to do is, buy the most expensive stuff for pearls, put it on the market and hope there is still people in the game to buy it.

Don't try to tell us that you do this for players who can't/will not use the Perl shop, that it is for them you do this. We know and you know that there are other ways, to help those players.

You will have to come up with a 3 currency system to prevent p2w.
People buy for pearls, sells for a 3 currency that can only be used on certain things (cosmetics) in the game.

But this was already on the road to p2w from the start, with stats on costumes and outfits.

Posted

p2w.png

Thanks, I'm too lazy to make one