• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

So we are talking like $100 or more per tri?

Posted

You know, advertising, over and over, that no p2win features will be added, then doing this, is actually false advertising. Seriously false advertising. Opens up lawsuit + chargebacks and I hope you have accounted for that in your US market.

Lol yeah everyone should file a lawsuit against Daum :) they just ruined the game for so many of us. 

Posted (edited)

PAY TO WIN!! YAY RIP BDO :)

how about u refund us all the money we used in this game since u sayd this game was never gonna be pay 2 win

Edited by Tetunia

Posted

52591992.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, why would anyone believe ANYTHING you say now? You clearly lie openly to everyone, without shame. 

You have no integrity whatsoever

F*** this

4 people like this

Posted

No please.  I've invested too much to see this happen.  Please stop.  

3 people like this

Posted

Good job guys. You just destroyed a good game with this new mechanic. Bringing cash shop items into the marketplace is going to inflate the market and destroy the game. Shit is going to cost so much that F2P players will have no choice but than to go p2w or leave the game. Sure you'll get more money in your pockets but once the game dies, your income dies. Is it worth it? 

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

@PM_Jouska Everyone is going to cry about p2w and all that stuff but one thing i was thinking to help would be maybe to 3 items per week max and add an extra icon by the add to cart but make the ones that arent bound and can be sold to the markeplace their own cart and make them cost more to cut down on the players being able to spend it and also like korea adding a monthly spending cap. If you add those restrictions in, I am pretty sure that most people wont cry about it like they will be. Obviously they dont look at the fact that you guys can only do so much but I think this might help out some with the hate that will be coming. 

Posted

Again, not P2W. You guys are throwing a temper tantrum and its sad.

I'm in between jobs. I can't afford pearl shop stuff.

But this means that if someone puts it on the market next week, I can use in game currency to purchase a pearl shop item.

How is that p2w? It's not.

5 people like this

Posted

u have to sue the koreans, not daum.

Posted

I need to get back into Western MMO's.

These Asian MMO developers are TERRIBLE.

1 person likes this

Posted

I cannot be silent on this issue. I feel for the localization team as a lot of this is thrown at them and since they are not the publisher they lack much control of what content is and is not introduced. @PM_Jouska I truly hope that your team can take some kind of action to prevent this. This game has had many items offered in its pearl shop that range from purely convenience to items that had significant advantages. But this does not add convenience to the player, it allows the player to turn their real life income into BDO silver with only a minor time gate associated with it due to the 5 item limit. This is not a convenience feature that makes the game easier for the player, it allows the player to simply not play the game and reap the rewards of another player grinding for hours, if not days. Gear is by far the thing that separates players who are dedicated and work hard at an mmo from casual players, and over my time playing I learned to truly respect players who have worked hard through the rng to be at the top of their game. When/if this is implemented, that will entirely change. Gear will not be a factor of hard work in game compared to your peers, but also a factor on how much money you are willing to dump into it.

I understand the localization team can only do so much, but as a purchaser of this game I have watched this cash shop transform and be more and more aggressive for players wallets. Someday when i have more time or when I want to catch up with friends I intend to return to BDO, but with changes like this, I worry what if anything I will be returning to. 

2 people like this

Posted

Kinda glad i lost interest in the game seeing how it's slid into the same bullcrap that killed archeage for many people, the dye sub i could ignore since it seemd like you had at least tried to make it something other than we ended up with....turns out you merely delayed it hoping the folks who hated the idea of buy to play then a separate sub for dyes would leave before you added it, and now this bullcrap...

Way to go ruining what could have been a really decent game with greed kakeo.

Posted

Whelp, looks like it's time to uninstall.

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

I hope you reduce the cost of these costumes and outfits and other crap. Because you made it expensive as ----- to give feature content free, but now with all the P2W options you keep adding once every 2 weeks there's really no need for everything to be this expensive. 

Also, congratualtions on working for a trash company.

Posted

TIME TO SELL MY KIDNEY BOYS

1 person likes this

Posted

Might as well play kr then.

Posted

@PM_Jouska maybe make it possible to either make it only 5 items a month or make silver exchangable for pearls? 

do as much as you can here because the people who have the biggest wallet will always be at the top... the game is going the wrong way on terms of cash shop items as of this moment.

Posted

hahaha! Told you this at Alpha!

Posted

GG BDO - RIP.

p2w confirmed finally.

all promises aren't hold. liars.

/quit

Posted

Can't wait to read all the comments how this is not pay to win because you can farm silver yourself. :D

I think White Knights just has been -----d.

3 people like this

Posted

Hello ArcheAge 2.0 !

Posted

LMAO being able to put cash shop items on the market is definitely not P2W, I am glad I will have access to some of these items while only grinding mobs.  P2W is real money for individual stat increases.....seems like so many people are lost to this concept or too thick to grasp it.

P2W = An item only available on the cash shop, that boosts health, attack, defense, or grants abilities not obtainable by any other means.

Selling cash shop items on the market means that people like me, who cant or don't have money to get things like costumes (which are cosmetic), can now get those by farming mobs for silver.

Great job Daum/PA!  Keep it up!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

"Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content."

Let us buy pearls with in game silver then. LIARS. SHAME.

Edited by Aunatar
4 people like this

Posted

"Give us a chance to make our own BDO:)"

This game didn't even make it a year before p2w poked it's head out. RIP BDO guess it's all over now