• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

To think I almost quit World of Warcraft for this game, you were the chosen one Black Desert...disappointment after disappointment, it's really sad to see what this game is potentially turning into. With this game I can whole heartedly agree that if you guys decide to implement this change. You will definitely lose a massive portion of your player-base. Reconsider and deeply think about what you guys are about to do to this wonderful game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How is this different than WOW? other than being less restrictive: in WOW you need a hard subscription to play, to this day. SWTOR, is f2p to level 50, but requires a subscription to actually enjoy the game, and to get into end game. Do you see the difference between a hard subscription and a premium option? Both systems are more restrictive than BDO and both were B2P, and continue to release content which requires either an active subscription or a purchase. WHoever you may be, I'm sure that then overwhelming majority of you have participated in either if not both of those games at release. To suggest that what is happening in BDO is outrageous is simply hysterical.

It is also common practice in many games with a premium or subscription service to provide not only a cash shop, but the ability to gift cash shop items -- and here we are -- to sell cash shop items on the ingame marketplace.  Yet, these games are not horribly broken due to this feature, and have continued for years. The key difference one could point out is this: that many games employ a gambling pack which distributes gear pieces, mounts, and convenience junk through rng. You can question whether or not being able to directly buy then sell will have an impact, and predict how someone willing to spend 130+ a week could make a lot of ingame currency: but to say this is game breaking is pretty ridiculous. they still have to throw all that money at actually creating fail stacks, and actually utilizing the RNG system to make those TET Ogre Rings, and PEN Kzarka weapons. With a larger pool of silver, those who successfully manage to actually sell cash shop items might even be able to buy in silver those items directly from the player market. This could accelerate what? people having the best gear? But in what way does that prevent anyone else getting to that level? it does not. It simply provides someone willing to play the market at great personal expense the chance to reach the gear threshold faster, without guaranteeing success. 

Indeed, someone could pay over 500 dollars or euros per month to sell ingame costumes on the market, at a value pack tax rate and receive 84.5% of it's value in silver.  Is that Pay 2 win? Is even spending 130 or more a week worth it? for some of you the answer is yes. This is only an issue for the hardcore 5-10% - if even that many. for the majority of players, who play at their own pace and enjoy the game and its many diversions -- it's merely a matter of convenience. For the hardcore players who see this game as simply a pvp vehicle for their e-peen, what then? They are the most likely to attempt to take advantage of this system. How successful will they be? what percentage of this class of player could actually afford to max out their  5 items a week, and how do we know they'll make a worthwhile return? and do we really care? 

Edited by Drophilus-Metanoia

Posted

I want a refund on the over 400$ I've spent on this game. I'll be contacting my bank when this shit blows up in your face. 

You received the goods and used them, the terms of service you agree to says the product may change and what you are doing is arguably committing fraud.

Posted

GRATZ! THE GAME IS DEAD! RAID BOSS DOWN!!!

Posted

I didn't think it'll be possible to destroy a community's trust in a single day. Kudos Pearl Abyss.

Posted

To think I almost quit World of Warcraft for this game, you were the chosen one Black Desert...disappointment after disappointment, it's really sad to see what this game is potentially turning into. With this game I can whole heartedly agree that if you guys decide to implement this change. You will definitely lose a massive portion of your player-base. Reconsider and deeply think about what you guys are about to do to this wonderful game.

They dont need ammounts of players anymore they will be stuck with the last layer of players..... the ones willing to actually p2w... a lot and thats enough for them atm

Posted

And then you have the audacity to tell us that our feedback is important to you.

How about this - what you are doing now is totally acceptable and I am sure people will keep playing!

Posted

Disappointed in your entire team and the companies you work for.

Posted

If this was p2w...

0yvlZ2i (1).jpg

Posted

rip...

re-downloading ffxiv

2 people like this

Posted

And no ccm answer anymore i think there are scare.... whe know you are juste the messager but please whe need to know why the admin do that

Posted

mmm I love how I can see their philosofy in this picture....x

aqLgDgQ_460s.jpg

Posted

As much as I don't want to get angry about this, I'm having a difficult time...

I played Eve Online for a long time, and you can buy PLEX there and sell it. The reason it works there is because the exchange rate isn't insane.

Now I can't remember exactly, but if I remember correctly, on KR you could sell a costume for roughly the same amount it would cost you to buy base boss gear (maybe +'d a little).

Even with the limit, if the exchange rate is the same here as it was on KR, you could credit card yourself to full TRI boss gear in like, what, a couple of weeks? Maybe a month if you're unlucky...?

That would be like PLEX selling for the amount of the dreadnoughts and other huge capital ships in Eve.... it's part of the reason I didn't quit when it became a thing.

However, Daum/Kakao/PA, you guys can claim this is so the less fortunate can get access to these items, and if you are sincere in that statement, I applaud you. However, it is all going to depend on how you balance the exchange rate.... if it's only like $30 - $60 for BIS gear at TRI, the exchange rate is wayyyyy off.... and you will lose a lot of people.

If you get the exchange rate CORRECT, where selling one of these items might get you ONE really nice piece of gear or something, I dunno, 1 full costume (5 pieces, weekly cap) = PRI Ogre Ring or something, I think it would be acceptable... so would others. Selling a PLEX on Eve would typically net you some decent stuff, but not the best shit in the game all at once....

I must've said it three or four times now, but GET THE EXCHANGE RATE CORRECT if you must do this.

Otherwise I will leave. So will a ton of others.

Posted

What a surprise...

9d2f4a908a082ddb21e31e882982c709.png

Posted

What a surprise...

For a long time ago... Nothing new.

Posted

Nope, can't see it. Just been through the Cash Shop items and can't find anything necessary to make this game easier. Plenty of things to make it look nice though :)

I couldn't find the TET armour or weapons, no maxed out Boss gear, no T8 mounts? Where is this P2W you promised me?

1 person likes this

Posted

PF-CreditCardEye_2202591k.jpg

Posted (edited)

What a surprise...

down since months lol

Edited by Camillia

Posted

Enjoy playing this with p2w option. If you think people who spent money were getting ahead before... well just enjoy the game.

It's not p2w, I never bought any pearls and have been here since day 1, now I can buy same stuff from marketplace as everyone else has.

Sure people can now essentially buy ingame currency with real money, but it's not that hard to make money in this game anyway, if someone wants to pay real cash for fake ingame money that's their choice. It's not like there is going to be a martketplace full of top kzarka weapons all of the sudden. Not that easy to buy one even if you have the cash.

I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining are not people like me who never used cash shop but they are the ones who feel they have to buy everything to stay on top.

Cashshop addicts complaining about p2w, priceless... :D

Posted

Please reverse this decision.  Daum, Pearl Abyss, and Kakao are making a horrible gamble.  The game has plenty of pay for convenience and pay 2 win aspects already; if you add this feature, I and thousands of others will be quitting the game.  

Once again, the community begs of you to reconsider your choices, and instead aim for the long-term.  Each month you add tons of new Pearl Shop items, and we continue to buy them.  Thus, you will continue to generate enough revenue, without losing half of your players.  NA is not KR, keep that nonsense over there, and let us enjoy the game for at least a year...

I agree however they are trying to assume what is right to do but everyone just yelling pay to win without explaining on how it is p2w and how to make improvements so the company is again just guessing at this point. It is like trying to understand what Pikachu or what Hodor is saying through text. "Hodor Hodor  Hodor" or with this community "p2w p2w p2w". As a community we need to give ideas for improvement and not speak like a pokemon or Hodor.

Posted

petitions don't do shit.

That attitude doesn't do a damn thing either.