• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

We dont care

Neither do we that support it. Bye . . . . be gone now and let us play in peace.

Posted

How to kill a game with one post. Impressive. 

Maybe they got tired of the game and this is a secret way of killing it off themselves while simultaneously making money.

Posted

Was just trying to get back into the game after a few months brake, Thought about dumping some money for some pearls to get the maids and a new custume next month if the game could keep me entertained, well guess what, I aint gonna do that now, if this gets implemented chances are I wont be playing anymore come next week.

Funny thing is, I seem to remember a dev blog during cbt1 or 2 saying that p2w elements would'nt be implemented because you did'nt feel like it fit the western playerbase and we all know what happenes to p2w games, they stagnate.. greedy bastards

Posted

There was no legal false advertising on their part. Basically it's this . . . .

Lets say I buy a washing machine that advertises to be extremely quiet. I get it home and it's loud. I try to get a refund for false advertising and I'm denied.

Why? Because the noise level is different from one person to another. Whats quiet for you may be loud to me.

Same situation here. First off, they never used a "never will be P2W"  slogan as a selling tool. Second, whats considered P2W for you may not be considered P2W to someone else as in the example I gave about about the washing machine. Personally I don't consider it P2W. It's a convenience for those that don't want to or can't pay cash shop prices and allows them to pay with silver.  Also, like in my case, I have a hard time making silver and cannot buy items ( good gear ) to be competitive. So this update benefits both types.  The only people that are complaining are those that have high-end gear and/or like to slaughter us that can't afford it. It's not P2W, it's "pay to be able to compete"

I got side tracked. Basically, nobody is eligible for a charge-back at this point unless Kakoa voluntarily agrees to refund their money. And if you read the terms of agreement when you bought the game, you don't qualify for a refund. So, if anyone is unhappy, and many are, it's just a cut-n-run if you don't want to play anymore.

Anyone who has played mmo's in the past should have seen this coming from the beginning. I did and many others I know did. Do we were expecting it. No biggie. We'll still be here when everyone else leaves.

They used that tool, i boght it bevause of that. If most of users feel scammed they will win, im actually a lawyer i have worked with similar things in spain

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

fock this bullshit

Posted

Money Rules The world 

Electronic Arts , Kakao , abyysss 🤑🤑🤑🤑

Posted

Wasn't B2P in the west so that we would never have the game go in this direction? Just in the last few months, Kakao has argued that none of the systems are p2w. Fine. The problem is now you are allowing moderate p2w with a limit on the number of items a person can sell from the cash shop to the marketplace. That was never supposed to happen.

The bigger issue for me is that your words hold no value anymore Kakao. You have consistently gone against your word with your actions. You have no integrity. How can your PAYING CUSTOMERS trust a single thing you say anymore?

I argued for months for you to see that your cash shop items were not competitive with other b2p cash shop items here in the west. You didn't listen and instead gradually, but decidedly went against everything you said you were going to do in terms of direction for this game. I feared that and didn't spend a dime nor did I take part in any PvP because it looked like it just wouldn't ever be competitive.

If you want to do the right thing, you will drop this folly and remain b2p like you said you would and not offer a means however small a way for players to convert real money into power for their characters.

The actions of Pearl Abyss and Kakao lack any integrity and are deplorable to their customers. You should all be ashamed at treating your players this way.

2 people like this

Posted

Not a smart descission before the new WoW expansion, systems like this can scared people away. It is probably a good idea to tread lightly until the World of warcraft expansion dies down.

Posted

Keep in mind, Its not Kakao's will this happens, Pearl Abyss forced this on them and us, so dont hate Kakao for having to be the messenger of bad news....

Just read the post very carefully, and you will see by the way they worded it, that none of them is happy about this either.

2 people like this

Posted

ABSOLUTELY! I agree. You hit the nail on the head!

dont think you can sell the costumes once the box is open.

Posted

The big complaint here is "P2W" or so these people claim.

But we all know what it's really about, the "no life kings" who control grinding zones are now mad that casuals who don't have the time to gear like them can now gear up and be a threat to the control.

+1

1 person likes this

Posted

great, another amazing game with potential getting destroyed by the greedy publishers.

I tought they learned from Arche Age when Trino -----ed it up. But i guess greed>brain

im out if this happenes and im going for a petition aswell to get a refund... and last game from you guys ofc. Peace

Posted

DAM RIGTH I SIGN IT, I PAID FOR THIS GAME BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPOSE TO NEVER BE P2W

+1

Posted

You knew exactly what the reaction will be...and still decided to implement this. I am disappointed in you guys, Daum. 

It's over. Go F2P and hope that people will trickle in over time. 

Posted

2016-08-04_33939573.JPG

Posted

Keep in mind, Its not Kakao's will this happens, Pearl Abyss forced this on them and us, so dont hate Kakao for having to be the messenger of bad news....

Just read the post very carefully, and you will see by the way they worded it, that none of them is happy about this either.

I think this has some truth to it...

Posted (edited)

Edited by Hegolan

Posted

The slow but sure death of MMOs as we used to know them starting back in UO to now is nearing completion?

Posted

If you need more money just make it a subscription so everyone can enjoy it evenly. Most people moved to black desert because our previous games were P2W. Don't ruin this game that we all enjoy!

Posted

Sorry for insulting you but you are -----ing liars without any honour. You just simply lied and cheated on thousands of people. Its not even 6 months and what you did ? Slowly turning game into different direction than what was promised. Just go ----- yourself.

Posted

2016-08-04_33939573.JPG

?

Posted

So I think you could calm the storm by simultaneously releasing awakening weapons with this new feature. @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon

Posted

I think this has some truth to it...

maybe alittle but by far not a lot. tjhey got power. they just choose not to use it. just like how it happend in archeage so to it will happen here. some people that worked at archeage are even here at black desert fk sake.