• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

f*** this sh** ! No pay to win "mechanics" ! Do NOT put that into our game !!!

Posted

70 mill for a permanent 10% xp boost is very cheap if you plan on investing some time into this game.

Posted

WTF!! you guys banned my first account that i spent 300$ on but i still decide to play the game only to throw another 400$ on this game and you guys do this crap WTF!! disapointing its a good game i admit that but its being screwed over by crazy prices in pearls and is now gonna be finished with P2W this games gonna fall hard! i'll soon ask for a refund myself 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

70 mill for a permanent 10% xp boost is very cheap if you plan on investing some time into this game.

It's not something that isn't needed. Got a level 52 and a 53 without one. And, yes, I do have a life. Also, didn't they just make it easier to level in general?

Edited by ReverseEffect

Posted (edited)

What if, instead of allowing players to sell pearl items for silver you allowed players to sell them for some other currency. This currency would be limited in the types of items you could buy with it. Namely in that it is restricted from being used to buy weapons, armors, accessories, and items used to upgrade, enhance, or ease upgrading and enhancement of weapons, armors, and accessories.

You could even implement this with the existing loyalty currency. For example, you could have certain convenience/cosmetic items only purchasable by loyalty and allow players to sell pearl items to other players for loyalty thereby allowing them to have more loyalty to make purchases from the loyalty shop.

This way you can increase sales of pearl items by controlled player to player sales while also carefully and skillfully avoiding the deadly game crushing pit that is pay to win and keep the game within the pay for convenience and cosmetics realm.

Edited by Solest
1 person likes this

Posted

----- you daum kakao -----ing pieces of shit -----ing go die -----s in a -----ing rotting mexican sluts mum assholes or some shit idfk ----- you ----- your ----- game ----- you for destroying something beautiful -----ing -----gots go ----- a -----

1 person likes this

Posted

What if, instead of allowing players to sell pearl items for silver you allowed players to sell them for some other currency. This currency would be limited in the types of items you could buy with it. Namely in that it is restricted from being used to buy weapons, armors, accessories, and items used to upgrade, enhance, or ease upgrading and enhancement of weapons, armors, and accessories.

You could even implement this with the existing loyalty currency. For example, you could have certain convenience/cosmetic items only purchasable by loyalty and allow players to sell pearl items to other players for loyalty thereby allowing them to have more loyalty to make purchases from the loyalty shop.

This way you can increase sales of pearl items by controlled player to player sales while also carefully and skillfully avoiding the deadly game crushing pit that is pay to win and keep the game within the pay for convenience and cosmetics realm.

Sell for loyalty, perhaps?

Posted

Unfortunately that will also bring insane amounts of bots...

bots for? no trade system makes it not viable.  only thing I can see happen more is goldsellers spam. never ending one at that.

Posted

I started playing 10days ago, I was loving my time on BDO. I was worried but my friends assured me it was all okay.

I could get behind the value pack, the pets, the costumes. I even bought some!

BUT this is exactly the sort of thing I watched happen to Archeage and look where that game went, amazing game ruined by greed.

And Lets be honest, they are not thinking about doing this. It's in motion RIGHT NOW. The work has all been done, patch signed off on. Nothing will stop the wheels turning now the T's have been crossed and i's dotted. So I've just put in a Paypal dispute for full recovery of costs when BDO and I could of had a working thing going.

My friend who's put just shy of £1000 into the game is in the process of doing the same thing along with many others.

Don't fool yourselves people, protesting and petitions won't stop this happening because it's all ready to go RIGHT NOW.
The best you can hope for is they reverse it sooner rather than later when all the damage has been done.

I'm not here to argue P2W with people, if you don't see a problem that's on you it'll destroy the economy not instantly but gradually and it'll suck the life out of your soul while you get milked or watch as the world you love slowly crumbles around you. 

I use Archeage as a perfect example because it had so much promise before it went full on P2W, If you let them do this watch what the directors come up with next to get more from the whales

So sadly it's already over for me, and I was just getting into it properly too a damn shame.

1 person likes this

Posted

SiIhouettes provided this helpful guide on BDO Reddit if you paid via paypal

tthank you very much!

Posted

I had alot of hope for this game and I'm having a lot of fun with it but damn... This feels like a straight kick to the balls. Got us in with the marvel of B2P then once they had us started to changed things because of straight up greed. 

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

If our feedback is paramount then why not put up a poll if we want this implemented in the game or not. Or is this to make server merges easier and make some more money in the process?

1 person likes this

Posted

No to p2w. 😥

Posted

Ppl seem to forget that KR is f2p, we have b2p model, we shouldnt have to pay for advantages, just cosmetics.

Posted

We literally payed for your EU and US offices with the initial purchase of the game ... and a buy 2 play model was what you imposed ... and now you are turning it into a free-buy-pay-2-play-win model ?

Your pie is rotten and you have bad breath !

--- and also you suck !

Posted

I game I finally enjoyed playing.  Now you are going to spoil it.  Please do not go down the P2W route.  Look at the game.  See how many people are in guilds that have the "No P2W" logo.  It it pretty obvious that the players do not want this! 

Don't be idiots.  Don't do it!

SwjFN8W.png

Posted

attached no p2w to +10 balenos fishing rod

bait in all those try hard suckers kekekekke

wait for it....wait for it...wait for it....wait for it....

BOOM welcome to p2w b1tches!!

get rekt

Posted

@PM_Jouska Where can I get a full refund for everything I've invested into this game to date? Between costumes, pets, weight limit, etc, etc I've spent well over $300 US dollars and would like that money back due to you selling it to me under false pretenses.

Feel like a write up/complaint to the Better Business Bureau is in order for the blatant bait and switch tactics and false pretenses.

I hope they realize this is a legitimate lawsuit. Just last month the guy received $3k back from his crowdfund backing of RSI. He was able to get it back because they had stated a time frame then did not live up to that time frame. This is easily a class action lawsuit here. Just need to get everyone who invested money together in some forum and get a lawyer who represents class action lawsuits.

Posted

how can you be sure that people are willing to pay 70+million for a costume consistently right now? Would you buy a costume for 70million or would you rather spend it on upgrading your gear. My point is not everyone have that much disposable silver that even if everyone decides to buy CS item and put in on the AH whos to say it will even sell maybe it will just linger there until 7Days passes by.

I was only pointing out that people will definitely buy the costumes at the marketplace if they choose to implement this change, for someone who aims for end-game, eg +- lvl 60 this is something you would want as soon as possible. My reply was only a response to the dude who doubted they would even sell.

Posted

If it's just the buying of unopened costumes and the resale of them on the marketplace, then this is a money-for-silver scheme that also makes costume boxes available to gamers with silver. It's great for PA's income, but not really an ideal solution IMO. I'm not one of these no-P2W whiners, and some $4Ag isn't going to suddenly destroy the game. Worst case, if some money-whales can shorten their grind while supporting a game that others continue to play for free, while making pearl-shop costumes available to all players, then that is fine by me. 

Personally, I want to be able to market my individual pieces or sell something after I've opened it and decided I'll never use it. Especially when something better comes along.

Posted

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Posted

LMFAO, 3700+ in game transactions on the first costume.

EDIT: That first warrior costume that's grayed out has almost 4500 transactions.

how long has the game been out in KR though?

Posted

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Posted

I don't like anyone that decided this was okay. I want a refund, but probably won't ask for a refund. Either way, the company beat me.