• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pay to win Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?   4,297 votes

1. 1. Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but decrease the limit of items able to be sold to something reasonable (~3 per month).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic

Posted

It would be one thing if you made this game pay to win without having previously told us anything.

However, you told us this game would not be pay to win. This made a lot of people (myself included) feel comfortable investing a lot of money in this game. My mentality is that I wanted to "reward" you guys for publishing such a great game with a good business model.

This is probably the most short-sighted business decision you could make, and the execution was spineless and under-handed. Yes, many people will immediately dump a lot of money into the game to earn in-game silver. But the customer base will evaporate, because the majority does not want to pay to be competitive. We like to win by merit.

This move damages the integrity and reputation of your company. Any future titles you guys hope to release in NA/EU will be instantly rejected by people that *could* have been loyal supporters. 

Please reconsider.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It would be one thing if you made this game pay to win without having previously told us anything.

However, you told us this game would not be pay to win. This made a lot of people (myself included) feel comfortable investing a lot of money in this game. My mentality is that I wanted to "reward" you guys for publishing such a great game with a good business model.

This is probably the most short-sighted business decision you could make, and the execution was spineless and under-handed. Yes, many people will immediately dump a lot of money into the game to earn in-game silver. But the customer base will evaporate, because the majority does not want to pay to be competitive. We like to win by merit.

This move damages the integrity and reputation of your company. Any future titles you guys hope to release in NA/EU will be instantly rejected by people that *could* have been loyal supporters. 

Please reconsider.

They did told you. They told all of us, befor this game was released:

Untitled232311.thumb.png.2d395f30f757e52

Most players that read it were preparing for this for months.

Edited by Tresed

Posted (edited)

These are current cash shop prices on the korean version:

ss2016-08-04at11.41.54.jpg

Effectively this means you'll be able to receive:

thanks for the photo, now I know I can catch up with nolifers in no time :)

Edited by Smilence

Posted

+1000 to this topic good work dude

Posted

Make Pearl buyable  with silver or make special items available through a special vendor.

PLEASE,

DO NOT ENABLE PLAYERS TO EFFECTIVELY PURCHASE SILVER THROUGH RMT!

Posted

@PM_Jouska I feel this is going to increase the amount of gold-seller spam we see.. Why pay $30-60 to buy costumes with real money in exchange for silver when you can have a carder/"gold seller" do it for you at a much lower price?

No; I won't do it, but I'm sure there are people that will. Have you considered this?

inb4 generic canned response about punishing users with a permanent ban for violating the tos.. *sigh*

Posted

I really hope the'll do something about this, or I'm out.

thanks for the photo, now I know I can catch up with nolifers in no time :)

What about the nolifers with more disposable income than you'll ever have?

Posted

Inc full refunds, I bought all these overpriced costumes on the promise that it would not be P2W. I dont plan to stick around for archeage v2

Posted

L > refund

Posted

I want a complete refund of full account if this goes through... Just saying.

Posted

I've bought several outfits and other items, pets, etc. from the pearl shop. I could buy more to sell in the market but Im already spending enough irl money, I can't see basically buying in game money too. It's not all that difficult to grind up a few million to buy some nice jewelry or weapons.

We have at least one guild member that couldn't afford to buy a pet but needed one. I'm glad he'll be able to buy one in game. Once everyone has all the outfits they want, why would they buy them again? It's not like everyone is going to make a billion silver every week from now on. Currently I have an unfair advantage over someone that can't afford a fish costume or maid, once they can buy them from the market it levels the playing field. I'm fine with that. Once the dust settled and common sense kicked in, 99% of our guild is fine with the changes.

Yeah, the wealth ranking will become skewed and people will disregard it's meaning. Play or don't play, it's a GAME. If it's making you angry and it's not fun anymore, go do something you like.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh cry more.

No one can afford high end stuff on the market. The only people who can afford it already have it all.

If you put a strict limit that means supply will plummet and demand will skyrocket = prices will go way past the prices in Korea.

Using the Korean prices as base isn't fair either as all market prices are heavily influenced by the community. Supply and demand. The prices in our community could be anywhere from a crappy few million to a billion for all you know.

And those arguing that cash shoppers will be able to run around with boss armour surely must realise that this change would mean the demand for boss armour would go through the roof with the supply still staying the same. To dumb it down for you crybabies: that means the nolifers who complain will profit much more from selling boss armour and other high end items.

I like this change, with the developer's suggested limit. It removes the advantage from the rude nolifers who don't have jobs or children to take care of irl. It also means that new players will have a fair chance to advance in the game as well rather than grind for a year to be able to play with their veteran friends. 

Posted

Man, fack these corporate scums. Game didn't even lasted one bloody year and now goes to pay2win? What a joke.

Posted

Product does not hold up to promises made, Daum promised this would not be done or take place in NA. Refund for game and all pearls if this goes through. 

you waived your right to a refund the first time you logged in.

failure to read what you are agreeing to is not grounds for a refund.

you probably should not be posting about your plans to commit fraud on the company's forums.

Posted

If Pearl Abyss is worried about players unable to get the "necessary" cash shop items, than there are options other than going P2W.

As an example...

• They could have offered two prices in the cash shop. One is 100% pearls, the other is 50% pearls 50% silver.
  • This would encourage players to frequent the cash shop more, and to buy things that they had previously been avoiding (like $30 costumes for $15 + 50million silver).
  • It puts the prices closer to the typical industry prices making them more accessible to more players.
  • It makes the game more attractive to new players. Nobody wants to jump into a B2P P2W game.

If Pearl Abyss is worried about casual players not being able to catch up and thus offering P2W as a means through which they can buy gear, than there are plenty of ways that they could have made the game more casual friendly without resorting to introducing P2W.

1. Servers/Channels with enhancement caps for gear so you aren't outgeared when trying to play on them
  2. A "rested" type bonus acquired while logged out granting extra XP and/or silver drops during it's duration so only casuals benefit
  3. Fixing the broken L49 progression lock quest and raising the PvP level to 50 as in KR
  4. Changing the heavy RNG endgame gear treadmill to something you can actually make progress on without having to dedicate your life to the game

1 person likes this

Posted

What the hell is with all you self entitled kids. And I say kids no matter how old you are cause a kid cries and throws tantrums when something doesn't go their way or live up to their expectations. I know cause I live with a 5yr old. 

Learn to read. They only said at launch. Someone above posted the exact post for all you lazy kids. 

Say yes to pay to win, looking forward til next week. They shouldn't limit the amount of items but rather a total pearl amount per month like in Korea. I'm for no limit, but have it be like 50,000 pearls or something. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The way you worded this I think people are voting wrong... It sounds like you are asking if people should be able to buy cash shop items from an NPC with silver... I voted incorrectly =D

-1 vote plz

Posted

Absolutely not, instead of silver why not make every item from the pearl shop available for loyalties as well that way people who dont have the time to play the game can just buy what they want with pearls and people who keep playing the game can get those items as long as they keep playing as well

Posted

NO NO and NO

plz dont force me to quit this game

Posted

The problem is that making the game pay to win will create a HUGE gear discrepancy. People who either can't afford to or are unwilling to sacrifice their principles will have to grind for weeks if not months to catch up to the wallet warriors who get their gear in a single day. Since endgame is PvP, this is completely unacceptable.

Posted

RIP BDO 

1 person likes this

Posted

I vote for yes, but not now. I dont have the Silver to buy me all costumes for my chars yet ;).

The working class who has the money, but are not dumb, are alrdy lvl 57-59 ( we have 2 59er who have normal work ) and have their gear, cause they played smart. So i think the only people that will use this kind of service are the total casuals, who think with gear they can compete with the good players.

Well they will learn soon enough what reality feels like.

Posted

I'm sorry, but this is bait and switch by the very definition, I don't care what the EULA says about "game experience may change".  Less than 5 months later, they change the business model on us and claim it's for the benefit of those who aren't able to experie... entire game what?

"Ohnoes, Billy's mom won't let him borrow her CC to buy that slutty costume (overpriced) for his little Ranger.  He's being denied game content, so let's change our cash shop model!  Oh... yea, well we did promise that BDO would not have any "pay to win" elements for our NA and EU release, but they'll get over it."

Yes, yes we will.  By refunding and class action lawsuits.

This will not end well, for any of us, if this change is not reversed.