• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pay to win Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?   4,297 votes

1. 1. Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but decrease the limit of items able to be sold to something reasonable (~3 per month).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic

Posted

Man stop crying about P2W!!

What you all not see is that manny Player cant grind like you 10h per Day and have not the Ingame Monney to buy Stuff to enchant.Now they can .

Or other Player like me who dont WANNA spend much real Monney to play this Game.I have more Time to grind and more Monney to buy Stuff.

This Intolleranz between Players is real Kidsstuff!!

Posted

I would be OK with this in a lesser amount. So I voted option 3. I would prefer to get rid of it entirety.
But I don't think they will listen to that. Because there is to much money to be gained in their eyes.

And if they really care about pearl items for other people they could make lesser loyalty versions that make sense.
So they can't hide behind that statement!

I still believe in BDO and hope it will turn out for the best. But it keeps escalating for the worse. :(

Posted

I am a pretty casual player with a full time job and i hate this P2W idea. I quit Archeage just for this reason. If BDO is going to be another p2w whale shitshow im out, might just go back to archeage or something instead. What a waste of a great game.

Posted

Great, inflation time if they decide to go through with this. >_<

Please, save this game by not going P2W.

<3

Posted

The only sane and obvious answer to this from any non-whale player is "NO", no, not just "NO", but "Hell, no why would you do this, you promised not to, please don't forsake us!"

I'm done. Uninstalled already. Last time you'll see me on this forum, unsubscribing from all threads - goodbye.

Don't bother with the usual "can I have you stuff", "don't let the door hit you", or whatever responses, because I won't see them.

Posted (edited)

Another game that suffers the same fate as every other korean MMO, in a few months this will probably go F2P

Edited by Uberhaupt

Posted

The worst in all of this is that PA built the game in every aspect to avoid the problems of Gold Sellers and similar.

- They removed player trading, you can't trade anything in this game to help out your friends, your guild, who ever you want, you can only give them potions.

- They removed the gift system because they were losing money with it with the websites selling stuff cheaper with stolen credit card = they lost money.

And now they are allowing people to sell Cash Shop Items for silver in the game, aka they are saying welcome back to Gold Sellers in their game, great move, great logic.

Posted

Voted no.

I can defend the value pack because honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. However if they add this and let players (and botters... sigh.) get ingame silver for pearl items, I can pretty confidently say I won't continue to play BDO. Sorry, no amount of ninja awakening hype can make this right.

I hope they do the right thing.

Posted

And now they are allowing people to sell Cash Shop Items for silver in the game, aka they are saying welcome back to Gold Sellers in their game, great move, great logic.

It's not logic, it's greed. Plain and simple greed. 

And there is zero argument for the developer "needing income" when the game is already B2P, Cash shop, and subscription based (via value pack). 

What it now comes down to is this: Do you want to support a game developer like this or not?

Had this game been free from the get-go and Daum EU not pitched us the 'we will fight for making this westernized, non-P2W game if we made this B2P' this change wouldn't have upset me. Or, if this game had actually been in place *WITH SIEGES* for a year, I would have felt like the money I spent was justified.

But... on exactly 6 months and one day after the game launched, they announced this. 

Why 6 months and one day? The majority of creditors only do chargebacks within a certain timeframe. The majority being 3-6 months.

Yet another "greedy" tactic on their end.

Posted

p2w.png.b2598c289d63cd1124b6be5fb5621acb.png.4a2756b0c64f193e7f9497ff236d6fa1.thumb.png.49ccc826cac3cbcb9827805c0898732c.png

Posted (edited)

I don't like p2w but I don't see how this is p2w. It's accessible to all. You are just looking at this the wrong way. I've seen other mmos use this silver to cash/ cash to silver conversion and it works just fine. You either grind or you work. There is only so much gear you can get also. I don't see the big deal most of you are making. We all grind anyways. I do not however like the $50 b2p+pack+cash shop. Why the combination? Never seen that before.

Edited by Fenryl

Posted (edited)

GW2 has a similar function,

The difference is that in GW2, it goes both ways and that's the problem here. You can get silver for pearls, but you can not get pearls for silver. Making it a one way street where those who pay can get more silver only. 

Secondly, @PM_Jouska this poll should speak quite clearly for itself, no? So if you care about feedback, ya might wanna reverse/try to prevent the incoming change :).

Edited by aidlac
forgot half my message

Posted

THE SKY IS FALLING      THE SKY IS FALLING

Posted

I will make this simple because over the years I have had to say this many times and logic does not meet with emotion well. I would implore you to put emotion aside and forget how you feel about the issue and look at the big picture.

Now for the statement that has mad many insults tossed at me. There is literally nothing wrong with "pay to win" if there are limits. See simple easy ot read. Before you start gnashing at the bit to tell me off listen a bit.

P2W is the perspective that many a player may take up where the wallet allows advancement that was not "earned" by actually playing the game. The issue with this is it gives an absolute advantage to players that have more time to progress over players who do not have this time. What players who have more money ie capital have is access to exclusive items that do not give a tremendous competitive advantage (costumes will not give +x armor a run for its money) but do give some advantage. For players who have lots of time but little capital it means they can "dominate" progression over casual players but can not support the as efficeintly economically. This is due to there lack of capital in the form of money. the price they pay is they do not have access to the cash shop as readily. Tl;DR Both casual and hardcore players are locked out of some parts of the game.

This lack of in game funds is detrimental to the game. Players who do not have as much time to grind simply can not afford to catch up. They have cash but no way to put it towards progress in game and simply can not come up with more time. Basically they are bound to progress at a slower speed. In a game with this much gear grind and pvp this is dangerous. This creates a black market for rmt (real money trading).

In this market people with time sell there profits from that grind to individual with enough capital ot pay them but simply do not have the time to out grind them. They end up solving a problem for the time deprived player and allow them the capability to compete with the hardcore player. The problem is daum and the game itself does not benefit from this. They share in none of the profits from this.

For the upstanding hardcore player with lots of funds but no way to turn them into premium items they are essentially locked of the cash shop. This apllies ot many people who are students or unemployed. Their budgets are fixed and while they have the time to play they can not generate the income to share in premium items. This essentially means they do not support the game financially.

The solution is "P2W" ie selling cash shop items on the auction house. This allows players with lots of time to generate in game funds for players who have small amounts of time but cash money to spend on them game. Essentially the time players with more time play in the game generates funds for the game but coaxing players with low time ot buy items out the cash shop and sell them for in game funds. This brings all players into the economy while simultaneously lowering the power of third parties is gold sellers. "P2W" is a good thing in general. Because you are either griding the game or grinding real life but in either case you are contributing.

Now this is basic econ and I just spent precious sleep & game time to explain it as I have to work. I am not emotional about this issue I simply understand it. I was unemployed for years and it hurt me a lot. I was a GW2 Players and when permanent gather tools came out I used this same principal to get them all. During the scarlet event I played the game like a job and made lot of gold but bought cash shop items with almost all of it. I was an econ major in college and took classes in game theory, econometrics, and was a prominent member in the finance society and the econ club. I am a nerd for this and this is basic stuff. Really basic as I have explained this to 5 years olds and why you do chores for your parents and get an allowance. I have been on both sides of the ball literally incapable of coming up with 10 bucks for something out of the item mall and dropping a decent amount of money when I had it. So you can skip this and curse me out and I have literally been cursed out before over stating this not opinion but fact. Cash shop + Auction House = Higher economy participation rate. No one wants to hear it....../shrug.

This is like prohibition. The mobs made millions during it while everyone argued. Once it was over the government could tax the sales again and the people could have their drink while the guys who ran bars could open up shop again. DAUM is the gov rich players are the drinkers gold sellers are the mob and hardcore players are the bar owners. DO not let the mob win we do not need em. That is not to say their aren't outliers (rich drunk who owns his own bar) but they are the minority of the minority (rich player with lots of free time). So small they barely count. An economy where more people are allowed to come to market and trade good is generally a good thing even in mmos. Because despite how much you hate many of the "p2w" many are still around due to it.

Ok I am done. I have to sleep. There are typos everywhere and I missed my precious hour of game time I had available to me. I said my bit.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL < 3000 out of 1 million+ players are opposed to selling cash shop items for igc and they think their opinion really counts - this s**t cracks me up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted on the original thread, but I'd like to add an option that the seller get's half of their silver from the deal converted to loyalty. So yea I voted option 3 as well, a little spike in the silver of those willing to shove out more money for the game is fine. Though I'd rather pay $7 a month for a subscription and get 700 pearls. Than I honestly wouldn't care.

Posted

Just say no to Cash items for sale in game!

Posted (edited)

LOL < 3000 out of 1 million+ players are opposed to selling cash shop items for igc and they think their opinion really counts - this s**t cracks me up.

u must be retarded

Edited by Jido

Posted

Just get everyone here to vote on it, if you think there is so many players that are ok with it...

Personally, I could have stayed on KR/RU if I wanted to p2w.

Posted

We will soon know if we all have to chargeback ! yay

Posted

bump

Posted

Jordine update :

cc68604b1bd9b4477062c63a6eed5cfd.png

Kakao, react before it's too late, you have few days to step up and change things.

Posted (edited)

Ugh... feels bad but I'm temporarily quitting until next wednesday. Doesn't feel worth it putting more time into grinding and what not if this turns out to be the end. Their edit on the announcement post leaves no doubt for me that they really don't give a shit and we'll receive all the P2W from the other clients no matter what.

Changing it from...

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.

We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.

However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.

We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

to...

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.

Yeah no thanks. 

Edited by Cirilla_Rianon

Posted

Jordine update :

cc68604b1bd9b4477062c63a6eed5cfd.png

Kakao, react before it's too late, you have few days to step up and change things.

we will all leave and leave you P2W babies to play alone 2gether

Posted

I would gladly pay a monthly subscription fee to keep cash shop items out of game. Much better for the game economy to simply make everyone pay a sub fee equally. Then Daum makes their money and it keeps people from spending thousands of real life money to essentially buy silver in game.