• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pay to win Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?   4,297 votes

1. 1. Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but decrease the limit of items able to be sold to something reasonable (~3 per month).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic

Posted

Up until now I've been inviting friends to the game. Now I tell them to avoid it like the plague.

Posted (edited)

Jordine update :

cc68604b1bd9b4477062c63a6eed5cfd.png

Kakao, react before it's too late, you have few days to step up and change things.

More so than react, I think we need a response. Whether this change goes through or, hopefully, doesn't go through. We need some more communication on this matter. 

We need them to respond with clear and understandable reasons for whatever they ultimately decide. Even if it just amounts to a thinly veiled "We do what we want

We are in need of an update on exactly where they stand, with regards to the future of the game in this region. 

Edited by Whatwhat

Posted

REFUND

Posted

just sad when devs/publishers sell out

and especially when they straight lie saying its what the community wants

Posted (edited)

we will all leave and leave you P2W babies to play alone 2gether

Whether I leave or stay, I'm sure your post breaks my heart.

Hey , the doors that way=====>

Edited by Arreyanne

Posted

Ugh... feels bad but I'm temporarily quitting until next wednesday. Doesn't feel worth it putting more time into grinding and what not if this turns out to be the end. Their edit on the announcement post leaves no doubt for me that they really don't give a shit and we'll receive all the P2W from the other clients no matter what.

Changing it from...

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.

We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.

However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.

We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

to...

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.

Yeah no thanks. 

Quite sure this is @CM_Aethon's and @PM_Jouska's way to say: Screw you guys :D The devs and money comes before you guys. That or something like "We won't tell them how you feel. Your feedback matters on stuff we are unsure about. Not stuff the devs have told us to implement". Quite sad tbh :/ 

Posted

Alustin :

9fd227b2185dd38349d1bf510003e0d0.thumb.p

Posted

Magnificent Schadenfreude. I love these topics.

Posted

Bump

Posted (edited)

even if the voting here is only taken as a fraction of the active population the message is clear

1 in 10 want this to happen, 2 in 10 want this to happen but to be severely restricted in limits

7 out of 10 players DO NOT want this change to happen

Edited by Mrlinderman

Posted

if u guys also has notice they removed clothes and pets and change it to:

""  it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. "

for the hope we don't notice the pearl shop items. x)

Posted

we will all leave and leave you P2W babies to play alone 2gether

Is that a promise?

if u guys also has notice they removed clothes and pets and change it to:

""  it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. "

for the hope we don't notice the pearl shop items. x)

Does that mean I can finally get my perfect horse after 5 months of breeding rigged RNG potatoes in game without paying real cash? I am overjoyed. No more P2W horsies!

Posted

I love how they made the game B2P so they wouldn't have to be P2W, then they turn around and make it p2w anyways. I'll be refunding if it happens.

Posted (edited)

Even though a lot of guilds haven't changed their icon yet on NA Edan. We Are with you in this and disagree with this crap 100%. Why ruin a game that everyone here has worked so hard for? I just don't get it... If they decide to do this... well gg folks it was a good run i guess...

2016-08-06_991630445.JPG2016-08-06_991757466.JPG

RIP
BDO
2016-2016

Edited by Lemures

Posted

Cash shop items shoulden't be able to sell at marketboard for good reason. "swtor"  

they should be bound as they are. I like value pack ok its good enought, But costume and shit no!

If korea does this let them...

But keep NA/EU servers alone with that shit.

We welcome new contents  and new costumes ofc!

Posted

I would gladly pay a monthly subscription fee to keep cash shop items out of game. Much better for the game economy to simply make everyone pay a sub fee equally. Then Daum makes their money and it keeps people from spending thousands of real life money to essentially buy silver in game. 

You are paying a monthly fee for the value pack of 16 Euro per month. AND you have the cash shop items in the game. So you don't need to decide, isn't that nice?

Posted

I was enjoying the game, but this announcement disapointed me so much...

What about their promise to keep a different economic strategy on our servers? (I.E: no P2W)

Did they forget it, or do they consider that to not be P2W? (while it obviously is)

http://theinvestor.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160720001024

I guess we're just part of the cash cow...

Posted

No!

Posted

Go to PA's website click next and translate the jpg, and you know why they want to milk everyone. 

Posted

+1 BUMP

Posted

This is so sad. This game had potential. Real potential. Wether you like it or not, P2W is going to push away a big portion of the playerbase, something noone should ever wish for in an MMO. It's not too late to turn around, but for every hour that passes by I see people madly enhancing their gear, ragequitting, basically leaving us with a lower population and ultimately a shell of what this came could have been. 

Unless this last P2W decision gets turned, it will definitely be the last Korean MMO I ever play. And I will for the first time ever attempt a refund for a game I've bought. 

1 person likes this

Posted

More so than react, I think we need a response. Whether this change goes through or, hopefully, doesn't go through. We need some more communication on this matter. 

We need them to respond with clear and understandable reasons for whatever they ultimately decide. Even if it just amounts to a thinly veiled "We do what we want

We are in need of an update on exactly where they stand, with regards to the future of the game in this region. 

It's cool that they always give us weird updates / announcements on like Thursday and then don't give a shit about anything until at least next week. Or don't even respond to the feedback at all. They have never given a shit, they still don't and I don't see them doing that in the future either.

Posted (edited)

Just out of curiousity, is anyone able to cite where Daum said this would not be pay to win?

Edit:

Nevermind, I see it here - http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/

• If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace

If this happens:

ss2016-08-04at11.41.54.jpg

Clearly we were lied to (by use of math) here. Grinding 12hrs a day at sausins = 50-70mil in silver and market sell items. If you are able to make 100mil x 5sells a week, that is ((500mil a week) vs (70mil x 7 = 490mil a week at best))

Edited by Vardahoth