• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pay to win Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?   4,297 votes

1. 1. Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but decrease the limit of items able to be sold to something reasonable (~3 per month).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

WOw and Eve are subs game, GW is buy to play games. BDO is buy to play games also. Adding a  cash shop if for people who just want to look a little unique from the free 2 players . Also the costume in BDO is not really significant benefit= 10% combat experience that really not much beneficial should at least make it 30% since it actually cost like $30 for it

You are ignoring everything else about the games. You are pretty much strictly looking only at the cash shop and ignoring why those games get away with the real money to in game cash. Everything about the game can change how a business model is accepted. From leveling speed, to power gap, to how gear is acquired. You cannot expect a business model from one game to be as accepted in a vastly different game.

Edited by Noth

Posted

You are ignoring everything else about the games. You are pretty much strictly looking only at the cash shop and ignoring why those games get away with the real money to in game cash. Everything about the game can change how a business model is accepted. From leveling speed, to power gap, to how gear is acquired. You cannot expect a business model from one game to be as accepted in a vastly different game.

How am I ignoring , ain't this people in the forum is whining bc of the new cash shop item update where you can actually sell now to AH before you can't? I am just saying this minor update is not really consider play to win. Put a +20 kzarka in the shop, now that will be p2w. Most f2p games have random lotto where to get best notch gears is from lotto of cash shop. Anyway is the developers choice to lean toward which model they seem to fit that would give them a margin profit. After all they are business company and need to make profit not charity. How vastly different is this game from other mmorpg please enlighten me :D Aint this Korean mmorpg games after all? Like I said this an Asian mmorpg while WOW , Eve and other is  different. You have to look in the factor the origin of the game company . Korean are very notorious in this business model.

Posted

How am I ignoring , ain't this people in the forum is whining bc of the new cash shop item update where you can actually sell now to AH before you can't? I am just saying this minor update is not really consider play to win. Put a +20 kzarka in the shop, now that will be p2w. Most f2p games have random lotto where to get best notch gears is from lotto of cash shop. Anyway is the developers choice to lean toward which model they seem to fit that would give them a margin profit. After all they are business company and need to make profit not charity. How vastly different is this game from other mmorpg please enlighten me :D Aint this Korean mmorpg games after all? Like I said this an Asian mmorpg while WOW , Eve and other is  different. You have to look in the factor the origin of the game company . Korean are very notorious in this business model.

+20 on cash shop would be the same as what they are putting in, just a couple more steps needed. Silver is everything. 

Every wonder why Korean games are either forgotten in the west or basically reviled or even ruin the reputation of once reputable developers? It is because they don't actually change anything (if they do change then it is either the wrong things, or they revert the changes) when entering into a market that doesn't respond well to their business model. You wouldn't open a restaurant that specialized in beef product in India, just because it did well in North America. No you change it to adapt to that market. Good companies do that if they want to succeed in foreign markets.

Posted

+20 on cash shop would be the same as what they are putting in, just a couple more steps needed. Silver is everything. 

Every wonder why Korean games are either forgotten in the west or basically reviled or even ruin the reputation of once reputable developers? It is because they don't actually change anything (if they do change then it is either the wrong things, or they revert the changes) when entering into a market that doesn't respond well to their business model. You wouldn't open a restaurant that specialized in beef product in India, just because it did well in North America. No you change it to adapt to that market. Good companies do that if they want to succeed in foreign markets.

Yall just lucky this game does not have where you can buy in game money currency with real money yet. Then that will make player not able to sell stuff. Look at Age of Wushu for a example. Player have option to buy cash shop item or in game money currency. No need to grind ftw.

Posted (edited)

Kakao if wanna go p2w win do it properly, add gold ingots in pearlshop and sell silver directly for money, or add p2w safe enhancing or whatever (many ways you can go p2w with a game). People will realise fast there is no point on buying tons of costumes (for reselling purpose) if there is no market for it, no one will buy those from AH and they will be stuck there forever, most players who will buy a costume with silver will at most pick ONE.

Edited by Misericordia

Posted

either way, i stopped playing because of the way they started treating us paying customers recently. GL getting me back HA

Posted

Looks like this poll backfired.

Posted

RIP bdo 2016-2016. @Plunge did the math. Around 84 million per week, meaning around 336 million extra per month :/, meaning around 60-90 extra tries for +15 to PRI every month :< 

Posted

Looks like this poll backfired.

Backfired? No, not really.

Fell on deaf ears? More accurate.

But I don't think anyone had any illusions that this change wouldn't come because we said we didn't want it.

Posted

Backfired? No, not really.
Fell on deaf ears? More accurate.

But I don't think anyone had any illusions that this change wouldn't come because we said we didn't want it.

Well yeah but this poll specifically was about "Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?" and it happened anyways regardless of the price.

But yes they definitely fell on deaf ears and not listened to PM Diary 2.2.

Posted

Well yeah but this poll specifically was about "Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?" and it happened anyways regardless of the price.

But yes they definitely fell on deaf ears and not listened to PM Diary 2.2.

Ok? Last I checked a poll to show public sentiment isn't some binding agreement.

PM diary just says it's a possibility and that's got nothing to do with this poll or public sentiment.

Posted

RIP bdo 2016-2016. @Plunge did the math. Around 84 million per week, meaning around 336 million extra per month :/, meaning around 60-90 extra tries for +15 to PRI every month :< 

A life-skiller can make 50 million silver a day as this is what I am currently making per day, a person can make more or less but I'll use my own findings as an example. We'll also assume that a month is 28 days long. This means that I can make 1,400 million silver a month. Assuming that a cash shop user is also making the same, they will be making 1,736 million silver a month which means they are making 24% more silver per month.

Using these prices this means that a FREE user can have 388 attempts at enchanting a piece of armour or 241 attempts at enchanting a weapon. 

A cash shop user can have 482 attempts at enchanting a piece of armour or 299 attempts at enchanting a weapon. 

If you want to ignore that data and claim that they can make X many more attempts without quantify how many attempts you can make for free then be my guest, but the numbers show that using the cash shop only gives you 24% more. 

Posted

Ok? Last I checked a poll to show public sentiment isn't some binding agreement.
PM diary just says it's a possibility and that's got nothing to do with this poll or public sentiment.

The way I see, 75% voted No to "selling cash shop items for ingame silver" and it happened anyways so that'd be called backfired since it had opposite effect.

Posted

The way I see, 75% voted No to "selling cash shop items for ingame silver" and it happened anyways so that'd be called backfired since it had opposite effect.

Again, it didn't really backfire because it's not like this was some form of binding agreement that if the community said they didn't like it the change wouldn't come.

The poll was made to reflect public sentiment; even the OP said they were pretty sure it's too late anyways.

Posted

A life-skiller can make 50 million silver a day as this is what I am currently making per day, a person can make more or less but I'll use my own findings as an example. We'll also assume that a month is 28 days long. This means that I can make 1,400 million silver a month. Assuming that a cash shop user is also making the same, they will be making 1,736 million silver a month which means they are making 24% more silver per month.

Using these prices this means that a FREE user can have 388 attempts at enchanting a piece of armour or 241 attempts at enchanting a weapon. 

A cash shop user can have 482 attempts at enchanting a piece of armour or 299 attempts at enchanting a weapon. 

If you want to ignore that data and claim that they can make X many more attempts without quantify how many attempts you can make for free then be my guest, but the numbers show that using the cash shop only gives you 24% more. 

So a paying user could have 94 more chances of enchanting a armor piece and 58 more chances of enchanting a weapon every month? That is quite p2w I'd say. 

Posted

So a paying user could have 94 more chances of enchanting a armor piece and 58 more chances of enchanting a weapon every month? That is quite p2w I'd say. 

If you quote just those numbers without relating them to how many attempts a free user gets then it can seem that way, which is why  a percentage is much more accurate as it removes the necessity to state how much a free user is getting. After all, 94 more chances when a free user only gets 1 may seem P2W, but 94 chances when a free user gets 2,000 doesn't. 24% isn't enough to make this P2W, not by a long shot even if you ignore the fact that both users are trapped being a RNG wall. :) 

Posted

If you quote just those numbers without relating them to how many attempts a free user gets then it can seem that way, which is why  a percentage is much more accurate as it removes the necessity to state how much a free user is getting. After all, 94 more chances when a free user only gets 1 may seem P2W, but 94 chances when a free user gets 2,000 doesn't. 24% isn't enough to make this P2W, not by a long shot even if you ignore the fact that both users are trapped being a RNG wall. :) 

you should read up on binomial distribution 

Posted

:/ I disagree with you. I'd say that anything above 10-15% is enough to count as p2w. 

Posted

Just want to say, I'm sitting at 10~ top wealth, 280~mil liquid silver. If the money that can be made from costumes stays as is, then I lose out easily in ranking if I don't buy costumes. 

It also is a clear reflection of how much liquid cash is sitting on people. This weekly gain is a good chunk of the top 20 places.

Posted

Love all those "no-p2w" players camping the marketplace to get their outfits and pets. 

Posted (edited)

It's obvious that after age of everyone having plenty of cash and rest RNG, with Night Vendor, nobody has huge piles of cash anymore (thus even previously rare items sit on AH)... this is just real P2W.

I'd rather argue that this is a sign it's not p2w right now.
If it was p2w, there would for sure be some people who paid enough money to be able to buy those items, that nobody bought them shows that everyone has to grind for them and you can't buy a big advantage.

Edited by Zurimor

Posted (edited)

You were all fed exactly as planned.

Enjoy those delicious BDO pastries.

Edited by Harming

Posted

So, we massively said no, and Kakao (or Daum, or anyone who decides) doesn't care at all... 

Posted

So, we massively said no, and Kakao (or Daum, or anyone who decides) doesn't care at all... 

I dont remember anyone asking for your opinion anyway. They stated what they will do, they never asked if anyone agrees with it.

Posted (edited)

Love all those "no-p2w" players camping the marketplace to get their outfits and pets. 

What many will not admit is that being able to get pets for silver, and in turn getting silver for pearls on the flip side is a win-win. One person gets a pet they could otherwise not afford. Another person gets silver which they'd otherwise have to spend time to get which they don't have.

Both sides are winning something. The "P2W" narrative depends on the whole thing being asymmetric, so everyone ignores the fact that our complaints about costumes and pets being too expensive have disappeared now. People will keep posting the example of how Bill Gates Jr. can buy himself a Kzarka and mow down innocent Zerg guilds (which is mathematically not even true).

Edited by Sibyyl
1 person likes this