• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pay to win Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?   4,297 votes

1. 1. Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but decrease the limit of items able to be sold to something reasonable (~3 per month).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This is such a stupid idea. You do realize that if they're going P2W, they're going full-on P2W, right? Right now they're being soft with it by limiting the amount of times you can sell cash shop items on the marketplace, but eventually the restriction will be lifted. If they really cared about the playerbase and its feedback, they'd add an NPC that sells cash shop items, but they don't and they continue to do the exact opposite of what the community asks for. Spin it however you'd like, but seeing as how this game is now *officially* P2W, and how the game itself is basically a F2P title with a B2P price tag, Kakao gives zero -----s. 

Stupid ? I wouldn't say that. I'm pretty sure third option is good for both sides, I'd say more like a good idea that supports both and limits the P2W. Also, I'm not talking about tomorrow, I'm talking about what's going on now, so give me actual things that matters now not whats going  to happen later or the next months. Unless, by any chance, you can predict the future.

Edited by Onii-sama
1 person likes this

Posted

300€ refund is on the way, if this feature comes out. I thought this game would be my home atleast for some years, but this is plain ridiculous.

Really, don't you make this brainless move - it's the end of the game.

Posted

Just another attempt to empty the palyers wallets? ^.^

they will empty there servers instead and then have the server merge, the big picture is starting to show. 

Posted

NO NO NO NO NO.

This is not as the product was ADVERTISED.

NO.

Continuing down this road is a death sentence as well as potential legal issue. 

Posted (edited)

NO.

BDO Bait and Switch of the year

Edited by Mish
1 person likes this

Posted

True but one difference. Best gear (Ascended) in GW2 is time gated and cannot be bought by gold. Second best gear (Exotics) is farmable in a week, 2 week tops. And that includes hitting level cap and ready to do any content in the game in almost equal footing with everyone else. Ascended only had 5% more stats than Exotic which was second best. Guild wars 2 pvp community survived for so long because almost anybody can just jump right into the fun stuff without having to go through tons of grind while lazy players can pay a hundred bucks to buy gold and cut down grinding by 2 weeks and get straight into the action. 

Since everyone is capped out so easily p2w players wont get any advantage at all. While this game theres no end to progression so whales will always have an advantage especially those that are willing to spend thousands.

This sums up what the real problems is; it's not P2W, it's gear scaling.

Really, what difference does it make whether you're two shotted by a no lifer or a whale?  You all wanted this kind of "PVP" right?  Now you'll have it, and more of it.  

4 people like this

Posted

NO

1 person likes this

Posted

I am fundamentally opposed to the P2W nature of all games.  In black desert it has steadily increased the microtransactions that can be made.  Everything has a tangible benefit and offers a distinct advantage to players with them.  Weight limit increases will drastically increase your efficiency in grinding; inventory and storage expansion will save you time and headaches with inventory management.  Things which in other games are ordinarily cosmetic in nature, like costumes and pets, have incredibly noticeable benefits, with pets being near mandatory to help you grind effectively in part because it saves you time from picking up loot and also because loot despawns so quickly.

But these are all things I have tolerated, and was likely to support in the future once I settled down on a main character (and indeed may still do so, I'm not quitting on BDO yet).  However it always bothered me that I felt forced to purchase these things to even have a chance of making my time worthwhile.  Not that money is an issue, just that it felt scummy and low class to not offer the same items for purchase with large amounts of loyalty points.

So accessibility would be a good thing, but if for me this is an area that could be exploited, even with a 5/week cap on marketplace sales.  I am willing to consider that I am overestimating the effect this will have on the game, but nonetheless I urge extreme caution for people to consider what the next step for Daum and PA after this.  I consider it a greedy and classless move to implement this, but at least they are informing us beforehand.  Hopefully they will hear what the people have to say.

To be clear I am not saying that Daum or PA should not make money or that cash items should disappear.  I've accepted that they are here to stay, though some of them have larger impacts on gameplay than I would like, and indeed would like there to be another way to purchase them than real money.  But I would not want it to be possible for someone to get a large payday from listing pearl store items on the marketplace, and I am incensed that PA hides behind the mantle of "providing accessibility" when issuing a change that will encourage some players to empty their wallets for in-game currency.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lets see how they care about our feedback or more about money

1 person likes this

Posted

For NA/EU this game was buy to play... then cash shop items with minor buffs came out... then a subscription type cash shop item.  And now pay to win.  People are going to ask for chargebacks from their credit card companies and paypal.  

Do not destroy this game.  I am against this feature.

Posted

It was fun while it lasted. Game ruined within 6 months.

Posted

If it DOES happen, it should be limited to the number you can sell per month, AND 1$ should be equivalent to 500k-1mil and no more. :I

Posted

This game is P2W! Yes! I mean 'play' to win. I got 14M silver for about 4 hours of grinding, Plus an Ancient Core belt (sold my lower-grade belt for 11M I think after equipping this new belt?) on our scroll runs after that, so well over 25M in about 6 or 7 hours of playing last Saturday. It's possible to out-play those that you think are going to out-pay you and rush out and spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars to supposedly 'win'. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

removed.

Edited by Shiki

Posted

Unfortunately Daum/Kakau has no say in any of this. 

They're simply the publisher.

You wanna fling poo at someone? Fling it towards Pearl Abyss.

And the best way to do that? Charge back every dime you spent on this game.

Posted

Lets see how they care about our feedback or more about money

They care only about the money. The feedback does not pay salaries.

Posted

STOP KILLING MY GAME !!!!!

TERA IS FREE TO PLAY SO P2W IS LITTLE OK

WE PAY FOR BDO SO THIS IS A LIE FROM YOU AND A TRUST TOTALY LOST ON YOUR COMPANY.

You will become like aeriagames & co

Posted

Do not break Bdo.. P2W have no place in our version...

Posted

Your opinions change every single day so that you can whine about something new.

"Value packs are P2W and are a subscription!"

Ok, we'll add them to the marketplace so you can buy them with silver.

"P2WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

"Costumes are too expensive! Why must I look ugly in this armour?"

Ok, we'll add costumes to the marketplace so you can buy them with silver.

"P2WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

"Pets are P2W! I deserve free stuff even though you have given us 2 for free already."

Fine, fine we'll also add pets to the marketplace so you can buy them with silver.

"P2WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Get a grip please, quit the game and do us both a favour. You want to cry and whine about everything being P2W so quit the game and spend your time elsewhere, you don't have to deal with a supposedly "P2W" game and I don't have to deal with the forums being spammed every time Daum release a new item because people can't control their emotions. I can't way to sell items and get billions of silver, I heard that for every 10 billion silver you have your AP increases by 20...or was that a different game as having more silver in BDO doesn't actually avoid the RNG wall. You haven't even seen how much silver you'll even get for selling items from the cash shop.

Also, if you have an issue with cash shop users selling stuff; why aren't you still whining about dyes? Or do you all just enjoy whining as long as it's about something new? :) 

Totally agree, nobody even knows which prices are set for the cash shop items or anything. Look at GW2, there you can exchange "real money for ingame money" and that game is doing really well... People always need something to complain and you cannot do anything right, doesnt matter what you do! 

Calm down, wait for it and see how it works out before you cry about every sh--. 

Cheers

Posted

in 5 months more ... F2P, more P2W and remove ip block GG. :S

Posted (edited)

Daum,

Edited by CADMUS
1 person likes this

Posted

This game is the best mmo I have played in a long time. I was really happy EU/NA didn't get a p2w version and instead went with b2p i really hope this doesn't change. 

I spent weeks grinding silver to be able to finish upgrading my liverto and now someone will be able to just fork out a couple dozen euro and get enough silver to do it without the effort? 

Posted

They didn't listen to ''us'' They updated without listening to ''us'' they betrayed ''us'' and now they're killing the game. Therefore THEY LIED TO US OMG. *Sarcasm*

6472785.jpg

55420593.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

What a joke.

The western market is not the KR market. Blatant P2W has killed countless MMOs, it's a shame to see BDO join the list.

what2.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

Time for a charge back if this hits the streets of BDO.

You know Daum can still see who you, even if you make a new account to hide your forum name; right?