• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pay to win Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?   4,297 votes

1. 1. Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but decrease the limit of items able to be sold to something reasonable (~3 per month).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

no No NO NO! 
Don't do it. No. Add costumes/pets/everything to loyalty shop and get more players instead of killing the game. Don't be so greedy. Just.. No. 

THIS IS NOT BUY TO PLAY MODEL WE WANTED.

((And to you guys who are trashtalking about Guild Wars 2 having this system.. GW2 doesn't do this to players. They have cash to gold system but also reasonable gold to cash system, gold is stupidly easy to get in-game, cash items are not PTW,  there is no enchant system, there is no holy trinity, gear doesnt matter in pvp and very little in anywhere else either, high and highest gear is very easy to get.. Its the most fair game in this sentence I know. Oh and btw when you unlock a dye you can use it forever in all your characters and it doesnt cost you anything.))

Edited by flarezi
gw2 rant

Posted (edited)

They've made enough money with the launch of the game, they don't care anymore if we stay or leave. They know the next steps are population decline, servers merge, and their best bet at making even more money is milking the whales... Who doesn't want someone to spend 10 000€ and more on their game on a regular basis. That's the kind of beautiful statistics their investors wanna read, even for a game that is losing speed.

What happened to video games? What happened to making a fun experience for everyone, including regular players.

I disaprove of their decision.

Edited by Tolbiac
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I would like to let you know PA/Kakeo/Daum that people who are interested in playing a P2W version of this game are playing ArcheAge at the moment, a lot of AA communities came to your game to play a Non-P2W version, I know this as we are one of those communities. If giving the choice between two P2W games ArchAge was first to market in NA so most people will probably just go back to AA or switch genres all together. I have already lost some of my community members over this matter and will continue too. Please make the right choice and stick to your convictions on P2W.

Edited by Judgementos

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable...  I came back to BDO for this?

Edited by Last Patriot

Posted

I would like to let you know Daum that people who are interested in playing a P2W version of this game are playing ArchAge at the moment, a lot of AA communities came to your game to play a Non-P2W version, I know this as we are one of those communities. If giving the choice between two P2W games ArchAge was first to market in NA so most people will probably just go back to AA or switch genres all together. I have already lost some of my community members over this matter and will continue too. Please make the right choice and stick to your convictions on P2W.

I left ArcheAge exactly because of this. Even though I used to love Trion for their work on Rift, the way they handled ArcheAge made me despise them. To this day I haven't touched another of their product (yeah I spent a bit too much money on ArcheAge, based on promises that weren't held, the salt is immense).

Posted (edited)

this is not what we signed for.

5700fb37b8.jpg

p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721

Edited by Jido
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see the problem, voted yes. All this whine, I'm starting to hate this community. It won't affect me and I will still play the game and I will still like it. Please quit the game, you -----ing salty nerds! 

1 person likes this

Posted

If they win money the don't care, any company care about players just money and money ... NA and EU are the stupids that had to buy the game and have p2w too, this is funny... Can i refund? •_•

Posted

I don't see the problem, voted yes. All this whine, I'm starting to hate this community. It won't affect me and I will still play the game and I will still like it. Please quit the game, you -----ing salty nerds! 

down with the retards!

1 person likes this

Posted

this is not what we signed for.

5700fb37b8.jpg

Waiting for Orwen NA guilds to do the same.

Posted (edited)

Okay, how about this.
Limit 1 or 2 items per week being sold per account.
Have a set max. price. where people can't take advantage of the supply & demand and up their fortune.
Also, don't make the prices outrageous.
Make the dyes currently in game less expensive. It's ridiculous that 50 pearls = 3 to 5m or so.
Especially since the value pack is now available. Not really useful now.
If you multiply that and see the amount... that's obviously going to make it way easier for people to get the top gears.
Can probably afford one or two per week if they buy & sell the right things.
Take some time to rethink the limits and what should be able to be sold for what prices.
Look at the prices in game, compare, and try to relate to the time and effort the players put into the game for these gears.
Maybe you should personally try playing the game for a week as a normal player, see how far you get, what you get, etc.
And see the sense of achievement you are taking from the playerbase.
Once it goes the direction where people with more IRL money rule the game, it's horrible...
It's an open world pvp. What did you expect to happen? It's going to become too unfair for people who can't dish out $30 per week or more.
Though yes, I can see it could also benefit people who can't spend money as well. It depends on your viewpoint....
The items that people can sell, though, only benefits the cosmetic side of the person who can't spend IRL money.
It is not helping people get better gears except for the people buying the items from the cash shop to make in game profit.
But you guys are using the excuse that it would help those who can't spend more money, and milk money from those who can.
If there was a type of limitation as to who could sell, like maybe they need to reach a certain trade level?
I have no idea... I'm trying to think of a way people would need to play the game to EARN the ability to sell things like this.
>_<! It's so hard to find a balance.
I just think overall it is just a punchline to making more money from the power hungry.
And potentially just... sapping the little in game money some people have to begin with.
Then they won't have the silver to buy gears. All the gears will go to those buying and selling. Lol. @_@
I really cannot find an upside!

More limitation suggestions & why: 1. Character level limit. Must have a char. level 55+? Though I think it should be 60, but that's just me... trying to be reasonable. Why? Because it will help prevent people from just joining and outdoing other players. They have to experience the game first before getting this option. 2. Trade level? They have to reach a certain trade skill level in game before earning this way of making in game profit. Also takes some time and dedication. Why? Another limitation to prevent just joining and outdoing other players.

And just, strongly asking for you to put an unchangeable max price on the items.

These are just suggestions. x.x I don't know how to make it more fair for everyone.

How about, making these items more available by having more actual GM events in game?
More interaction with the playerbase instead of through the looking glass kind of ordeal...
Hide and seek? Forum trivia, etc. Make them drop from bosses in a chance box even?

Edited by Remma

Posted

Jordine is saying NO to P2W :

966b4989926590c09ed550d5f6823f7f.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Anyone tell me how do I charge back my money I have spent 549.99 USD, and now it comes to shit so I just want my money back ! 

Posted

Anyone tell me how do I charge back my money I have spent 549.99 USD, and now it comes to shit so I just want my money back ! 

So you spent money for services rendered and are now attempting to steal your money back, this is why people hate salty nerds.

Posted

If BDO pearl item be available for purchase with silver, I'll quit this game.

Never be available it.

Posted

P2W? No thank you! I want my money back!

Posted

God no please NO P2W! WE DONT WANT!!!

Posted

NO TO P2W

Posted

p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721

Posted

i don't mean to feed the flames here but what would happen if everyone called daum or wherever their headquarters is, and told them not to implement this system, at the same time :U or make a million new topics, regardless of whether they get locked or not, about not implementing this. i dunno...

i heard in EVE, when the players didn't want something, nearly every single player spent time crashing the server by doing whatever they could to cause the most lag as possible. i think that's the power of the player, but it rarely ever happens because nobody is coordinated o3o but hey, it happened in EVE apparently, so it's not impossible

Posted (edited)

As a consumer and a customer, this is a slap in the face. #Nop2w

p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721.png.38321368042d6027360328804c045da5.png

Edited by Nezrox

Posted

Please don't add this in. Please. The main reason I was drawn to this game was how much gear and end-game progression was based around personal growth and wealth. Please don't do this. 

Posted

NO P2W!!!!!!!

2016-08-04_41437818.thumb.JPG.0ae1d08f95

2016-08-04_41538064.thumb.JPG.e5ba779a06

2 people like this

Posted

i don't mean to feed the flames here but what would happen if everyone called daum or wherever their headquarters is, and told them not to implement this system, at the same time :U or make a million new topics, regardless of whether they get locked or not, about not implementing this. i dunno...

i heard in EVE, when the players didn't want something, nearly every single player spent time crashing the server by doing whatever they could to cause the most lag as possible. i think that's the power of the player, but it rarely ever happens because nobody is coordinated o3o but hey, it happened in EVE apparently, so it's not impossible

There have been several occasions in EVE where players acted out in retaliation for a change. One instance the players destroyed a space station in high sec, where the NPC guards responded to the attacks. This create such a massive concentration of players and action that the servers really struggled to handle it.

Posted

If PA cares so much about all players having cash shop items accessibility, then why not implement ingame means to aquire them, long quests or achievement rewards for example? Theres is literally no fame or glory in chasing "epic" quests in this game as there is none. All customization and "convenience" comes from the cash shop. By doing so we avoid P2W outrage, unless PA wants more coin in their pockets the shady way. We already pay the price by having an expensive cash shop, and a mandatory subscription fee. This alone should be enough to carry this game. Please do not fall into P2W trend other mmorpg companies tend to do, while losing their soul and purity in the process.

1 person likes this