• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pay to win Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?   4,297 votes

1. 1. Should BDO cash shop items be available for sale to other players for in-game silver?

• No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, but decrease the limit of items able to be sold to something reasonable (~3 per month).

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh? Today was April Fools?

Very funny Daum.

Posted (edited)

The only time I nearly quit the game was over the static node war times (if you work during that time, you can never participate). The new P2W selling cash shop items is the last straw for me. I will 100% quit this game without a doubt and I will encourage my friends to do the same if this goes live. I do not want to participate in a P2W game.

Edited by Natty

Posted

bdo it's good game but go p2w we leave !

Posted

6bae3b0a16.png

Lol. This.

Anyway. Bye. Off to play something else. This game is rotten now.

Posted

I'm on the fence because I like this idea but it needs to be way more limited. I vote 1 cash item per week can be sold on market.

I have an idea! Let's just allow players to spend silver to buy pearls! Don't allow players to sell cash shop items, but do allow players to buy them will silvers!

Posted

was going to come back to this game while waiting for Lost Ark, but I think I'll just wait and avoid this shitstorm completely. ----- this bullshit.

Posted

All them votes. 

Posted

why did people think they wouldn't add p2w.....

Posted (edited)

All the spam and childish remarks in this thread.... Makes me laugh. Keep it up people, cry as hard as you can till your mom buys you that toy in the store. None of you, absolutely none of you know how to run a business. 90% of the people saying they'll leave, won't. I have 0 issue with this, if they kept it or not, but what this thread has become, I doubt anyone would take your opinions seriously.

Edited by Soulstealer

Posted

All the spam and childish remarks in this thread.... Makes me laugh. Keep it up people, cry as hard as you can till your mom buys you that toy in the store. None of you, absolutely none of you know how to run a business. 90% of the people saying they'll leave won't. I have 0 issue with this, if they kept it or not, but what this thread has become, I doubt anyone would take you opinions seriously.

You have money right ?

Posted

6bae3b0a16.png

New Logo GZ

Posted

i sold all my shit i'm done

Posted

Just a bad Idea all around.

Posted

As apparently some people have missed what's going on:

In order to stop the P2W before it's introduction...

Think carefully about this. A limit of five items per week still makes you able to sell 5 costumes (150$ / €) total PER week. And there are people who will do it simply to outgear everyone else.

This is just too much. Stuff like the value pack was already borderline P2W, but this is going too far.

Honestly, this is such a beautiful and good MMO, but has been ruined ever since it's release by greedy pay-to-win business strategies. We were told there were adjustments being made for the western market to prevent what's happened on KR/RU/JP, turning the whole game into a P2W shitfest, even having to limit the amount of money people were able to spend on it.

This is beyond unacceptable. 

!SAY NO TO P2W!

If you are a against the P2W, voice your opinion and change your forums icon.

If you are also a guild master, show us your thoughts with your guild icon.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm probably one of those 0,1% of people who've spend the most on this game (don't even want to tell how much, it's embarassing), but I've done it because I felt confident about it and to overall getting a better experience rather than to be able to buy the best gear without effort and just ----- people over.

Well, anyway that went down south quickly. Only took you like 5 months.

tIfPj4S.png

PS: Keep in mind you can charge back via PayPal or your credit card company pretty much without any issues should this go through.

Inb4 Valks Cry being introduced next month to give BDO the finishing blow.

@CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes @PM_Jouska

9f488185da8b4734953a1f0a5a83dd68.png

Posted

i want it!

Posted

Just wanted to make a point to say that I created a forum account JUST to vote NO on P2W in NA/EU versions of this game.

Many of us chose to play this game due to its content and the promises made by the developers and publishers to the community. The introduction of a direct pay-to-win mechanic into the game is a direct reversal on those promises.

Posted

The poll is rigged.

Posted

What is with all this negativity, they're letting you buy cash shot items through the marketplace. you know the insanely overprices ones that at best will give you a boost to fishing and not actual stats.

the only way this translates into being p2w is if someone buys lots of items, sells it for ingame currency then uses that to buy better gear and even then that would translate into about $300 = 1 full set of +15 ultimate gear, any less and it simply isnt worth the silver

Posted

Stand the ----- up for you community against PA we don't need a 2nd Archeage

Posted (edited)

What is with all this negativity, they're letting you buy cash shot items through the marketplace. you know the insanely overprices ones that at best will give you a boost to fishing and not actual stats.

the only way this translates into being p2w is if someone buys lots of items, sells it for ingame currency then uses that to buy better gear and even then that would translate into about $300 = 1 full set of +15 ultimate gear, any less and it simply isnt worth the silver

Tbh. you have a point. They are not selling anything that gives better stats. But on the other hand people can make silver with real money because other people will buy these outfits, pets and the value package from the auction house. Imo if Daum really wants people to experience cash shop items without paying real money they should give them as achievement rewards OR at least reduce the ability to sell them to 1 per week max.

Edited by Medra

Posted

SAY NO TO P2W!!!

Posted (edited)

Were you the creator of this? If so;

As a suggestion from @Fiasc0, you (or whoever the creator is) should change the petition title to the title of this thread; it can be misleading, because there are so many different definitions of p2w. It should say remove cash shop items from marketplace, because there's no ambiguity in that

Edit: nvm, found original thread / poster

Edited by Jaluvshuskies
2 people like this