• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Easy solution to P2W

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A guildie of mine had a really good idea. Daum stated 

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Here's the idea. Add a Pearl vendor. You can buy pearls for silver. This would create a silver dump to help prevent inflation and prevent P2W while still allowing players access to the Pearl Items.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Muggins
13 people like this

Posted

Here's the idea. Add a Pearl vendor. You can buy pearls for silver. This would create a silver dump to help prevent inflation while still allowing players access to the Pearl Items.

What do you guys think?

That doesn't make them direct money though. So they won't. They will ignore the fact that such things can actually get more people to buy pearls if the silver cost of pearls is higher enough, by simply wetting the non-paying player's appetite for the pearl items.

2 people like this

Posted

Here's the idea. Add a Pearl vendor. You can buy pearls for silver. This would create a silver dump to help prevent inflation while still allowing players access to the Pearl Items.

What do you guys think?

THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY. They don't care about "in-game accessibility to Pearl Items". Stop believing they will listen to your feedback as they never have before. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The idea is a solid one however, people will whine over that.....

There is nothing you can do that will not bring whiners. 

1 person likes this

Posted

That doesn't make them direct money though. So they won't. They will ignore the fact that such things can actually get more people to buy pearls if the silver cost of pearls is higher enough, by simply wetting the non-paying player's appetite for the pearl items.

THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY. They don't care about "in-game accessibility to Pearl Items". Stop believing they will listen to your feedback as they never have before. 

If you make it expensive enough (silver wise), then those who are impatient or don't want to farm the silver out can always pay dollars for their Pearls.

Posted

The easiest solution would be deeming the Eu/Na service as a mistake.

Posted

What do you guys think?

People would just complain that it's P2W, unfair or just complain about it regardless. Plus for it to work financially, they'd have to make the exchange rate extremely low. 

COMPANIES MAKE MONEY AND ARE NOT CHARITIES! This and other shocking stories at 10pm!

latest?cb=20090204142900

2 people like this

Posted

For us players that would be the ideal solution, but they designed the game the way they did to maximize profit.

This change isn't being done in an attempt to fix something in the gameplay, it is being done to increase their profits. Game sales probably dropped off, taking away the B2P model revenue, and so they brought this in to make up for it.

Posted

If you make it expensive enough (silver wise), then those who are impatient or don't want to farm the silver out can always pay dollars for their Pearls.

That is the idea, but again, it doesn't make them direct money from implementation like selling cash shop items on the AH. It is a more roundabout strategy to making money. Granted it may not make as much in the short term, but being a less hated idea, would likely lead to more income in the long term.

Posted

The best idea to fix the game and sell cash shop items it to make gear levels slightly better. As it stands the gear gap is huge and so people with $$$ can buy the best stuff and hammer on people. But if the gear gap was smaller it puts everyone on more even ground and buying better stuff give you a little bit of and edge not make you untouchable.

Posted

People would just complain that it's P2W, unfair or just complain about it regardless. Plus for it to work financially, they'd have to make the exchange rate extremely low. 

COMPANIES MAKE MONEY AND ARE NOT CHARITIES! This and other shocking stories at 10pm!

latest?cb=20090204142900

Have fun to you and your 5 friends playing BDO. I guess you can kill as many ogres as you want now as nobody will be there to steal them from you. 

Posted

It wouldn't be P2W, everyone can grind out silver. And for those that can't, they can pay for it with their money they made at their job.

As for Daum making money, they would just have to keep rolling out the costumes. There are tons of people who don't mind spending dollars since they are spending their time at work and can't play the game.

I agree, but I'm remaining hopeful.

Posted

Have fun to you and your 5 friends playing BDO. I guess you can kill as many ogres as you want now as nobody will be there to steal them from you. 

Got any source that there will only be 5 people left in the game? Or are you hoping that more people will quit so you won't feel like a silly billy when you look back at the game and it's still alive? :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Got any source that there will only be 5 people left in the game? Or are you hoping that more people will quit so you won't feel like a silly billy when you look back at the game and it's still alive? :) 

I mean I'm going to cherish the next few months when I can grind in peace until they all come running back. :)  

Posted

If KAKAO wanted their players to enjoy pearl items they should make a system where you can exchange silver for pearls and viceversa. Like in Gw2. Instead they implement a fkn P2W system.

I'm fkn done and tired of lies.

Posted

C'mon Plunge, even you must accept that this change is going to cause a significant hit to the game's population. We saw it happen in ArcheAge. That doesn't mean the game will disappear, but the days of requiring 3 servers per region with 12 channels each are probably done.

Posted

If KAKAO wanted their players to enjoy pearl items they should make a system where you can exchange silver for pearls and viceversa. Like in Gw2. Instead they implement a fkn P2W system.

That's exactly what my guildies idea is, really.

Posted

I would want to make money to if I had a player base this whiney. Pretty sure the game is p2w- play to whine. 

Posted

With a silver-to-pearls option they cannot make money.

Posted

C'mon Plunge, even you must accept that this change is going to cause a significant hit to the game's population. We saw it happen in ArcheAge. That doesn't mean the game will disappear, but the days of requiring 3 servers per region with 12 channels each are probably done.

As I can't see the future, no I can't. Also, we don't know how much the cash shop items will sell for. Cash shop costumes sell for 50 million in KR right? But don't dyes also sell for 10mil+? If you want to make assumptions without any evidence then by my guest, won't be the first time you do. :) 

Posted

"Easy solution to P2W"

Uninstall. :D

Posted

Personally I think it would be nice if the cash shop items could be sold on the marketplace. It would open up the bonuses cash shop items give to everyone, if they have the silver but don't want to buy pearls/cant afford the price of pearls. *shrug*

PA/Kakao earns money buy selling cash shop items.

Player A can make silver selling cash shop items.

Player B can get cash shop items for silver and not spend a single $ on the game.

Posted

With a silver-to-pearls option they cannot make money.

Make some costumes exclusively dollars only. Maybe some "limited edition" costumes. People love to collect that stuff, and if they can only do it with dollars then they probably will. Also make all the new costumes take a few weeks for it to purchasable with silver. Impatient people can then buy it with dollars. Then there will still be money in it, but I think they're just getting greedy.

Posted

Such a one-sided idea. Your idea is to decrease their income? Without income there's no server, kid. Please, think of another idea and come back again.

Posted

Personally I think it would be nice if the cash shop items could be sold on the marketplace. It would open up the bonuses cash shop items give to everyone, if they have the silver but don't want to buy pearls/cant afford the price of pearls. *shrug*

PA/Kakao earns money buy selling cash shop items.

Player A can make silver selling cash shop items.

Player B can get cash shop items for silver and not spend a single $ on the game.

I just want to eliminate "Player A" from making silver off his dollars. It's a great feeling when you out-gear someone because you worked hard and long for it. I also want a fair battleground in node wars where a guild made up of "Player A" can't own it so easily.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0