• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Collective attempt at preventing p2w in BDO

520 posts in this topic

Posted

if you're serious

show them how many will be quitting the game

don't log in today

don't log in tomorrow

don't log in the next day....

if that many people are really going to quit - show them now how empty the servers will be

that is the only way you're going to get attention called to this blatant open the coffers cash grab

period

but, since there really aren't that many that are that serious about this so.....

meh

Posted (edited)

Are you sure?

Yes Iam, and thankfully its not you and your guild who decide how a game should be runned. If they did.

This game and next would never been made at all.

You want games to change, take your thumb out your arse, and be a dev your self, make the game you want to play.

Dont scream about other ppl buz, they do this because they want to cash in.

So would you if you risk any real time and money.

Edited by Adelthorne
spelling

Posted (edited)

but, since there really aren't that many that are that serious about this so.....

Are you blind?

If you let them do whatever they want, what next? Boxes with TET Boss set inside?

Edited by Arshi

Posted

Can all the top guilds please screen cap their member numbers before and after the update? 

I I would like to see these 100's of players that flock from these "top" guilds

Posted (edited)

Can all the top guilds please screen cap their member numbers before and after the update? 

I I would like to see these 100's of players that flock from these "top" guilds

guild of 85 active members, I think 5 already chargebacked and few others posted uninstall SS in discord, myself excluded (6h ago, dunno how many now). gona wait and not login untill next wendsday, and see how kakao responds. personally not intrested in the game abit after this announcement. 

Edited by Valtzu

Posted

SAY NO TO P2W

Posted

guild of 85 active members, I think 5 already chargebacked and few others posted uninstall SS in discord, myself excluded (6h ago, dunno how many now). gona wait and not login untill next wendsday, and see how kakao responds. personally not intrested in the game abit after this announcement. 

Not what I asked, i wanna see people not running their mouth, let's see the actual numbers fall 

Posted (edited)

EDIT:

look 2 below for GM message

Edited by LunaWolve

Posted

The best we can hope for is to make BDo not a choice for newcomers. They wouldnt touch the game while more and more people quit once they realize they have to pay a box price and ridiculous cash shop prices AS WELL AS a p2w mechanics in order to be competitive. AND they have to grind for skill points and levels. 

Also, the servers will start getting more empty while whales place more and more money into the system trying to gain an advantage against other whales.

Once a majority of the players are gone, prices for costumes and such will fall flat while rare items will inflate continually. Why? Because nobody is farming the items and gold to purchase cash shop items.

Whales will quit after spending thousands upon thousands, because they have nobody to compete against except other whales who will outwhale them. 

This is the perfect exit strategy for Daum Games/Kakao. They get to milk the game as much as possible while closing it so they can focus their team on Bless, in which will they will no doubt attempt the same. 

Unless this gets changed, I am out. I will not spend money on a dying game.

Remember: NA is as a society is much more against P2W than Korea/RU, while the servers are also more expensive to maintain in NA/EU due to increased size. What works in Korea may not, and I would rather not waste my time and money to find out.

People know this. But this always happens because whales allow it to happen. Jump ship. I will be posting this to every site every journalist every reddit I see.

Protest P2W. Consumers can make a difference.

Posted

Hi. I am the GM of Veritas, with multiple sub guilds in our community as a whole who feel the same way.

As a community this was the final straw for us, and after numerous hours of discussion, we spoke our minds here: http://www.legacybdo.com/

Our guilds will persist with hundreds of members hopeful of reversal/change, but many of us saw the writing on the wall as it started with Dyes, Value Packs, and more over a gradual period of time. It's only a matter of time until Valk's cry comes in, and more. This game had so much potential.

I can say for certain we do not approve this change, and agree with all associated arguments this petition is addressing.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi. I am the GM of Veritas, with multiple sub guilds in our community as a whole who feel the same way.

As a community this was the final straw for us, and after numerous hours of discussion, we spoke our minds here: http://www.legacybdo.com/

Our guilds will persist with hundreds of members hopeful of reversal/change, but many of us saw the writing on the wall as it started with Dyes, Value Packs, and more over a gradual period of time. It's only a matter of time until Valk's cry comes in, and more. This game had so much potential.

I can say for certain we do not approve this change, and agree with all associated arguments this petition is addressing.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

so you're quitting but not really quitting? 

Posted

I'm too old to care anymore. 10 years ago (L2/WoW) I would have given a damn.

I'm a casual now with a family, job, and limited time. 

You guys keep fighting the good fight.

Posted

Seems that this update will kill all decent pvp in this game and thus kill my interest. Thank you to all the people I have fought so far, it was fun.

Posted

Dont start spam tag i know you want to help but its going to get this thread closed instead.

Posted

Bumping this thread with my own:

Posted (edited)

Just to make sure that the post will be noticed (since it's really easy to lose it in over 300 pages)

@PM_Jouska So, Kakao games, tell me, is there some kind of "worst publisher of the year" award that you're after? Or is it just the fact that you guys are on some kind of "scare as many players away as possible" crusade? 
You promised us to listen to us - You don't.

You promised there will be no premium accounts - there are.

You promised you will not be able to sell cash shop items ingame - a now this, when game isn't even 6 months in.

Oh, and we're getting Valencia nodes activated (THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR) as well.

Honestly, at this point I fully expect you guys to announce at gamescom "Awakenings won't be coming until 2017" to lose the rest of your playerbase.

I also have to be frank - you will not fool people into believing that it was Pearl Abyss's decision to pull some commercial shit like that. For starters - most people here know that PA was bought as a company by KAKAO KR not so long ago, so blaming poor guys that code this game is kinda... You know. Not to mention that we still have options to GIFT cash shop items disabled. So I can't GIFT something to my buddy, but can SELL it to him for ingame silver? What about just adding cash shop items to general vendor, so people can buy pets for millions of silver without OTHER players profiting from it, huh? never crossed your mind? I mean you argument is "we want poor player to have the experience", right? Well - add the items to general vendors. No pay 2 win, right? RIGHT?
If you want more money - why not try listening to your players? You know, fixing desync, MERGING HEAVILY UNDERPOPULATED SERVERS, REVERTING THE 1 % XP LOSS IN PVP that made BDO "griefing simulator online" for example. I'm pretty sure that positive changes like that would bring in more money. Or, You know, you could actually talk to people once in a while, to feel what the community is thinking. You think that this allegations are not fair? You think you're doing your best to make Black Desert EU a good game? Prove it to your community by actually STANDING UP FOR IT. 

Jordine Server has a weekly podcast with leaders of the biggest guilds and communities on the server. We will have another one this Saturday to discuss sieges (if they even happen, I expect massive roster loss for guilds this week) If you, Jouska, could show up and answer some of our questions - I guess I'd believe there is still hope. If you want to come and have a talk with leaders of your biggest European server - send me a forum PM or email for the details. 

You want us to believe that there's hope for this game? Prove it. Make changes in the way you treat your community.

Edited by Swiper
3 people like this

Posted

KupoSempai, officer of <Sith> casually hardcore and pvp-focused guild. We DO NOT support this idea or system if it was implemented, it's honestly mind-boggling to hear so much commotion over this announcements. IT IS already in, according to those pvp kr videos, and it isn't in NA / EU, yet. Our core and casual members all are either leaving / switching to another game if this literally goes through. A guild like us have been all over the place and have picked up all sorts of players, and it's honestly a shame if most of them left. First the tilting of RNG with enchanting weapons and accessories and now this, it's taking a toll on our members. We will still fight and we won't accept this into our server nor our guild. 

WE DO NOT APPROVE OF P2W. 

seriously, think about it, (both realistically and market wise) do you really want to lose guilds worth of members? 

Really appreciate it but hope there's some sort of resolve to Pearl Abyss. Thanks ~ Kupo

Posted

I am against P2W.

Luka, SymphonyX.

Posted

I know the guild is basicly dead but IRON also is fully against this change. ----- p2w. lying dipshits

Posted (edited)

just bumpin for the worst decision so far.. rly..

Edited by Annuvin

Posted

I wish you all the best of luck at changing nothing.

At least I know they have your money and the ToS you signed means you forfeited your refunds.

I look forward to all these anti-P2W guilds dying and being long forgotten.

1 person likes this