• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Collective attempt at preventing p2w in BDO

520 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Jordine EU just now - if pay2win stays its more then likely we wont. 

65fdeaf431.jpg

Edited by IKShadow

Posted

Hello, I am the GM of <Ahoy> on US Orwen.

Our crew is 65 people strong and we are against this change. For years now, the gaming industry has pushed consumer patience with more aggressive monetization strategies where the false ambiguity of convenience vs advantage vs "winning" prevented communities from sufficiently voicing that they've had enough. 

Well, I'm glad to be here today where we are finally drawing the line in the sand.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm an officer from Hades, a French Jordine guild.

we refuse to play A P2W video game.

Posted

I cannot be silent on this issue. I feel for the localization team as a lot of this is thrown at them and since they are not the publisher they lack much control of what content is and is not introduced. @PM_Jouska I truly hope that your team can take some kind of action to prevent this. This game has had many items offered in its pearl shop that range from purely convenience to items that had significant advantages. But this does not add convenience to the player, it allows the player to turn their real life income into BDO silver with only a minor time gate associated with it due to the 5 item limit. This is not a convenience feature that makes the game easier for the player, it allows the player to simply not play the game and reap the rewards of another player grinding for hours, if not days. Gear is by far the thing that separates players who are dedicated and work hard at an mmo from casual players, and over my time playing I learned to truly respect players who have worked hard through the rng to be at the top of their game. When/if this is implemented, that will entirely change. Gear will not be a factor of hard work in game compared to your peers, but also a factor on how much money you are willing to dump into it.

I understand the localization team can only do so much, but as a purchaser of this game I have watched this cash shop transform and be more and more aggressive for players wallets. Someday when i have more time or when I want to catch up with friends I intend to return to BDO, but with changes like this, I worry what if anything I will be returning to. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I cannot be silent on this issue. I feel for the localization team as a lot of this is thrown at them and since they are not the publisher they lack much control of what content is and is not introduced. @PM_Jouska I truly hope that your team can take some kind of action to prevent this. This game has had many items offered in its pearl shop that range from purely convenience to items that had significant advantages. But this does not add convenience to the player, it allows the player to turn their real life income into BDO silver with only a minor time gate associated with it due to the 5 item limit. This is not a convenience feature that makes the game easier for the player, it allows the player to simply not play the game and reap the rewards of another player grinding for hours, if not days. Gear is by far the thing that separates players who are dedicated and work hard at an mmo from casual players, and over my time playing I learned to truly respect players who have worked hard through the rng to be at the top of their game. When/if this is implemented, that will entirely change. Gear will not be a factor of hard work in game compared to your peers, but also a factor on how much money you are willing to dump into it.

I understand the localization team can only do so much, but as a purchaser of this game I have watched this cash shop transform and be more and more aggressive for players wallets. Someday when i have more time or when I want to catch up with friends I intend to return to BDO, but with changes like this, I worry what if anything I will be returning to. 

Very well said. 

Posted

Bump~

Would love to hear from more Edan guilds.

Orwen checking in hard. Would think the official RP server would be more accepting of this.

Posted

just lax guys and swipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted (edited)

I am the Guild Leader of Nemesis Asylum, my community and I came from another similar game that wont be labelled. We left the game over there Business Ethics. We came to this one as it is similar in game play but much better. The problem with that is the fact that, because it is similar creates fear that it will be the same. We know that PA/Kakeo/Daum are all trying there best to provide a great game to us in NA and have good content. Unfortunately it is hitting close to home, it might not seem that big of a change but even the earlier stuff like dye's and the value packs raised this concern. Are Community Supports the (No Pay to Win) as it is the community voicing there concerns, not always constructively but still voiced.

Edited by Judgementos

Posted

Updated

Thanks for working to update this routinely.

Posted (edited)

you guild leaders do not own the game. People like me like this change. Get over it.

you just want to be on top forever without anyone else who can't spend stupid amounts of time on the game to stop you.

There are many people who like this game. you are over reacting and acting like children. GROW UP!!!!

idiots don't you think people work for their money. do you thinking earning money in real life is easy.

If you have worked to get your gear good for you

Why don't you want other to experience the fullness of the game too. Just you guys

your being selfish and childish

Edited by Dantes
1 person likes this

Posted

you guild leaders do not own the game. People like me like this change. Get over it.

you just want to be on top forever without anyone else who can't spend stupid amounts of time on the game to stop you.

There are many people who like this game. you are over reacting and acting like childrend. GROW UP!!!!

we are the silent majority!  Who is John Galt???!!!!

Posted

honestly if you guys leave. i'll be glad to see the back of you. Please pack your bags and leave you don't spend any money on the game just a BUNCH OF FREE LOADERS!!!.

BYE and don't let the door hit you on the way out

we are the silent majority!  Who is John Galt???!!!!

65fdeaf431.jpg

it's funny. you show the top 17 guilds. all no lifers. how about showing the rest. look at your guild sizes all extra large what about others. you're only thinking of yourselves

Don't you realise that this means you no life free loaders can get pearl shop items without spending money. And I can get silver without spending stupid amounts of time on the game. it's a win win.

Posted

honestly if you guys leave. i'll be glad to see the back of you. Please pack your bags and leave you don't spend any money on the game just a BUNCH OF FREE LOADERS!!!.

BYE and don't let the door hit you on the way out

it's funny. you show the top 17 guilds. all no lifers. how about showing the rest. look at your guild sizes all extra large what about others. you're only thinking of yourselves

god, I love you.

Posted (edited)

It pains me inside to see people actively telling other players to leave with insults like "free loader", "parasites", "jobless", etc. Is this what the forum has devolved to?

Edited by WingsOfHeaven

Posted

*snip*

If you can't spend enough time ingame than make suggestion on how to make the game more accessible to your playstyle without destroying the playstyle of everybody else.

Some examples:

1. Servers/Channels with enhancement caps for gear so you aren't outgeared when trying to play on them
  2. A "rested" type bonus acquired while logged out granting extra XP and/or silver drops during it's duration so only casuals benefit
  3. Fixing the broken L49 progression lock quest and raising the PvP level to 50 as in KR
  4. Changing the heavy RNG endgame gear treadmill to something you can actually make progress on without having to dedicate your life to the game

Don't be so unimaginative that you can only think with your wallet.

Posted

Please send a petition to the White House on this!!!  I am certain that President Obama will quash this insult against low income people!

Posted

It pains me inside to see people actively telling other players to leave with insults like "free loader", "parasites", "jobless", etc. Is this what the forum has devolved to?

But you are free loaders

you ask what the forum has devolved into. Take a step back and look how you guys are reacting

If you can't spend enough time ingame than make suggestion on how to make the game more accessible to your playstyle without destroying the playstyle of everybody else.

Some examples:

1. Servers/Channels with enhancement caps for gear so you aren't outgeared when trying to play on them
  2. A "rested" type bonus acquired while logged out granting extra XP and/or silver drops during it's duration so only casuals benefit
  3. Fixing the broken L49 progression lock quest and raising the PvP level to 50 as in KR
  4. Changing the heavy RNG endgame gear treadmill to something you can actually make progress on without having to dedicate your life to the game

Don't be so unimaginative that you can only think with your wallet.

Doo you THINK MONEY IS ONLY USED FOR BDO.

Do you THINK MONEY IS EASY TO MAKE

Making my money is much hard are risker than sitting at home all day grinding FACT

none of you suggestions are actually proven to work. They are just your suggestions.

End of story

Posted

65fdeaf431.jpg

Imma sheeple, hear me "bhaaah"!

Posted

Imma sheeple, hear me "bhaaah"!

I am still waiting for OP to change his avatar into cheese bandwagoner.

Posted

Non of you protesting guys have an actuall solution. Well here is the one you all need. And its a Win-Win, and even a Win for Daum.

Posted

Oh you never noticed how we were told to gtfo carebears and other stuff when we asked for lvl 50 quest to be fixed like at the release? Or how many insults and witch hunts and accusations of twisting PAs arm to implement no xp loss I personally suffered? You must be new here 9_9

Posted (edited)

IM DarkHoliday leader of grand expedition n/a uno guild and we have 70 members and none of us want any of this shit to come to N/A im behind you guys in your effort to stop pay 2 win bullshit we dont want it keep it out of our our version they make enough money already.

Edited by DarkHoliday
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Non of you protesting guys have an actuall solution. Well here is the one you all need. And its a Win-Win, and even a Win for Daum.

I am curious what the WIN-WIN solution post was about because it seems to have been deleted by the moderator. :( 

Edited by WingsOfHeaven

Posted (edited)

My guild contains of about 40-50 active people. Dedicated PvPers will full time jobs and families. We own a Territory and we in the top 5 guilds on our Server. The lack of response is extremely demotivating and our guild is close to disbanding if this p2w crap goes live. I am sure the beauty saloon supporters will be happy to see us gone. When the PvP community leaves the Life Skill Players will have the world for themselves. We may leave but we will not take the banners unless Kakao forces us to do it. If you guys dont like to see what you see, then step up and take what you are fighting for. I am pleased to see that despite we were in game enemies with many guilds on our server, we are now united.

Edited by Isteria

Posted

My guild contains of about 40-50 active people. Dedicated PvPers will full time jobs and families. We own a Territory and we in the top 5 guilds on our Server. The lack of responce is extremely demotivating and our guild is close to disbanding if this p2w crap goes live. I am sure the beauty saloon supporters will be happy to see us gone. When the PvP community leaves the Life Skill Players will have the world for themselves. We may leave but we will not take the banners unless Kakao forces to it. If you guys dont like to see what you, then step up and take what you are fighting for. I am pleased to see that despite we were in game enemies with many guilds on our server, we are now united.

Bye