• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Collective attempt at preventing p2w in BDO

520 posts in this topic

Posted

ThunderCats (N.A. Orwen)

We support actual gameplay, effort, and time spent getting good/geared.

P2W can eat actual shit. 

5 people like this

Posted

@Caph

Hello, I am the GM of BlackDragon from the Orwen server. The majority of our guild does not support this game, and many will outright quit. When this game started, we were told that pay2win would not be implemented. Well, this is pretty much pay2win. So, allow me to rephrase:

BLACKDRAGON DOES NOT APPROVE OF THIS CHANGE.

Posted

I'd like to send my support to your effort. But honestly, I'm tired of fighting back against the P2W creep. 

Posted

Get on our level tho

eJwNwm0OgyAMANC7cADKhwzqbQgSNNOWQI0_lt19e3kfdY9TrWoX6XMF2I5ZeGx6Co_cqm7M7ay5H1MXviCL5LJflWSCxRQMon9F55KPwSzgrEm4_MeIJrpgPdz0Jn5Id2rq-wMKciLy.09Lt0fEGg8vWsTv3pofTKRZfxFs.png

1 person likes this

Posted

UntamedScarlet Muzak, Officer of The_Vanguard, 44 members strong, Orwen N.A. We do not support this potentially new P2W feature. Since the announcement we've already been discussing other options should this game go that route. Daum/Kakao/Pearl Abyss, you have a chance at something great here. Don't ----- it up.

P.S. props on the server upgrades, very very minor rubber banding here and there(3-4 separate occasions yesterday).

Posted (edited)

Croxus, EU. Leader of <Triquetra> 

I believe, that while currently this game is "No-life 2 win" and I hate that model, the fact people with 16 hours a day to grind endlessly, will always have a unfair advantage over those that only pay 2-5 hours a day, due to School/Studies/Full-time work etc, that this is NOT the correct way of dealing with this issue. Saying that, almost all B2P/F2P models have something similar, hell in SW:TOR it was "Hypercrates" of randomised goods, that could be sold on the market, and this was basically the ONLY way to make siginificant money. But that game went F2P. Many others have something similar, and if it was implemented correctly, with even stricter restrictions, lower prices, and only function items, it could possibly work.

Yes, the argument can be made that people with full-time jobs, less time but ability to "catch-up" via being able to sell some cash-sop items sounds ok on the face of it, Imo, all that will happen is a even more ridiculous gap between Pay AND Players (10+ hours a day) and the "normal" hours players who drop a little bit of cash. 

We paid for B2P Model, keep it at what you promised (Although yes I know, you did mention this even pre-release). Shift your focus into making the Game less about Grind, make life skills relevant again, screw some of the RNG, and make the enhancement system less punishing would be a way to attract more masses of people, not P2W.

I'd like to see the RNG/Grind/Nolife2win model somewhat adjusted, but we believe this is NOT the way to do it. We do not support P2W purely for the fact we love BDO, and want it to SURVIVE.

Edited by Yggdrasill5

Posted

say no to pay2win. if you go through with this let people that didnt pay wiht paypal get all their money back. thanks.

Posted

Get on our level tho

eJwNwm0OgyAMANC7cADKhwzqbQgSNNOWQI0_lt19e3kfdY9TrWoX6XMF2I5ZeGx6Co_cqm7M7ay5H1MXviCL5LJflWSCxRQMon9F55KPwSzgrEm4_MeIJrpgPdz0Jn5Id2rq-wMKciLy.09Lt0fEGg8vWsTv3pofTKRZfxFs.png

EU, Alustin Server, "1st" 3 pages c:
Przechwytywanie.thumb.PNG.5a83ee721aece4

Posted

bump

Posted

I am Paladine, Guild Leader of Dragonborne on Croxus EU.  All of Dragonborne's members FULLY SUPPORT the upcoming changes to cash shop announced earlier today.  We think this is a great way for Daum to maintain the game over the long term and allows people with real lives the opportunity to progress.  In a game where gear progression is everything it is important that ALL players have an opportunity to obtain that gear even if they cannot play 18 hours a day.

So again, ALL of Dragonborne's members FULLY SUPPORT this change.

Totally with you on this one and I'm enjoying the poopsockers going into panic mode.

I wonder how hard freelancer had to beat his minions on Orwen to post on the forums. Probably another ultimatum like: 

"Post your post against p2w and link it by x date or you're out of the alliance and we'll grief you and any of your friends and family for the next x amount of weeks for your noncompliance. Ty have a nice day. :) "

Posted

Use unix/mac EOL characters and paste this to spread the word

░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄░░░░░░
░░░░▄█▀░░░░░░░░░▀█▄░░░░
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░█▌░
░█▄▄▄░░░▄▄░░▄▄▄██░░░░█░
█▐█▀▀███▀▀████▀░██▌░███
█▐█░░██░░▄████░████░█▌█
█▐███▀░▄██▀░▐███▌▐███░█
█▐█▌░░▄██▄▄▄░███░░██▌▐█
░██▌▄█▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀░░░░▀░█░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░
░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░▄▄█▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░

Posted

Rédemption :

I speak for the French speaking guild "Rédemption" (called "Rédempteurs" in game) focused on organised PvP and nodes war. We do not support this new P2W feature and any other P2W feature to come. We're not a lot but we do not want to play to a P2W game and we join all the others to say "NO TO P2W". There is no compromise to make : things from cash shop must not be selled in the market.

Posted

Getting some sleep.
Will update further once I wake up.

Posted

EU / NA?

NA

Posted

Actually, the guilds on Edan are slowly responding by changing their guild emblems, including top guilds like Gravity.

ebZGWi.png

Dont u have to pay for that so by fighting p2w u p2w

Posted

EU, Alustin Server, "1st" 3 pages c:
Przechwytywanie.thumb.PNG.5a83ee721aece4

Broken link :(

Posted

W3KfxBz.png

Posted

Cazadores del desierto:

All members of Cazadores del desierto, we feel deceived by Daum , thanks to their false promises of a model different from korea game. We presentiment short future for this game if not recant in the business model

Posted

If they go through with this p2w update after seeing the massive volume of opposition, it will regrettably be suicide.

Posted (edited)

7pNVxX1.jpg

@Caph

Raw:

EDAN NA. Leader of <GIGA> 

Hello, I am the leader of GIGA, one of the top Chinese PvP guild from the Edan server.

The majority members from our guild do NOT support this P2W change.

We hope that you will reconsider this change.

Good Luck!

- Xin(Tiara)

8/4/2016

Leader of GIGA,中國人公會

Edited by GIGA中國人公會

Posted

Drahcir, Guild leader of Transcendence Croxus EU. 

We have 61 members and we basicly won't have a guild if this change is made.

We are casual / semi hardcore guild and we don't support this change.

If your intent truly is to give people a chance to get pearl shop items without real cash there are many  other ways to do this that wont effect the game. 

Posted

I support this change whatever change it may be as long as Luci, Black and Paintrains are upset about it so it must be GOOD!!!!!!

Posted

@Caph

Hi I am the GM of TheBlackTides from Orwen. I speak for my 34 players. We absolutely do not support this change, this has crossed the line. We came to this game for the reason that it would not be P2W. This will completely destroy the competitive aspect of the PVE progression in the game, allowing players to buy their way the best gear in the game, and thus eventually also taking the competition out of the PVP.

We have seen this in a handful of games over the past several years. Changes like this always led to the immediate death of the game. PLEASE listen to our feedback, you said you want our feedback. We do NOT support this change and we WILL be leaving this game for another game if this change is made.

Thank you for reading this...

Posted (edited)

Well, sorry to say, not all of us can sit in front of the game for 18 hours a day. Or are you guys crying that people might catch up to you in gear so you can't take 2 regions anymore? Or what?

I work a full time job. I'm in Grind. I'm very well geared regardless of playing a class with rather slow farming speed. How can this possibly work?

Edited by Cirilla_Rianon

Posted (edited)

@Freelancer

@Agentile

Lead Orwen through these dark times.  Answer the call!

Edited by dpfreeee
1 person likes this