• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crazy Statistic 80% of BDO Players Jobless

96 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand you here. What's exactly stopping you from finding another game? What's stopping you from leaving this game if you're not fun? My building has a security gate so perhaps that Daum appointed enforcer can't get in, but is there someone holding a gun to you and preventing you from leaving? I didn't enjoy playing Tera after EME made changes that I didn't agree with, so I left and came to BDO. When I got tired of Vindictus I started playing single player games until a MMO came out that interested me.

Can you not do the same? What's preventing you from having fun? 

I didn't say players are being stopped from leaving.

I said there is a dilemma in being able to find another game, and I had explained what that problem was in the part of my post that you did not quote:

"Now it's no fun playing a game of musical chairs on your own, so what do those few players who bought chairs do? They go out in search of where everyone else went to, and they go and buy a chair there too.

And thus you see the dilemma in being able to find another game. Even if you find one, those players who spoil games are going to follow right behind you."

Hence why your suggestion "Or find another game if you're not happy with the prices" would not be the solution. If it was the solution, the former AA players who bought BDO wouldn't have run into this situation.

Edited by scau

Posted

Skill2Win would mean all those jobless people no longer have the advantage over working folks. 

Working folks could sell cash shop items on the marketplace without the game being P2W.

Problem solved.

Posted

I love this thread OP, keep up the good work :D

Posted

This is why the forums will always be better than the game.

Posted

I didn't say players are being stopped from leaving.

I said there is a dilemma in being able to find another game, and I had explained what that problem was in the part of my post that you did not quote:

"Now it's no fun playing a game of musical chairs on your own, so what do those few players who bought chairs do? They go out in search of where everyone else went to, and they go and buy a chair there too.

And thus you see the dilemma in being able to find another game. Even if you find one, those players who spoil games are going to follow right behind you."

Hence why your suggestion "Or find another game if you're not happy with the prices" would not be the solution. If it was the solution, the former AA players who bought BDO wouldn't have run into this situation.

No one cares about you leaving the game. You contribute shit to Kakao profit, go play another game in which you can leech from the company.

Posted

No one cares about you leaving the game. You contribute shit to Kakao profit, go play another game in which you can leech from the company.

Care to reimburse me the money that I spent in the cash shop so that your statement is accurate? :)

Posted

Care to reimburse me the money that I spent in the cash shop so that your statement is accurate? :)

Please link your shit spending on the game.

Posted

4 Pages of taking the bait, they guys name is Saltminer for Christ's sake.

Posted

Please link your shit spending on the game.

Is that a yes? :x

They've gotten more from me than they would have if the game had launched with a $15/month subscription model.

Posted (edited)

Is that a yes? :x

They've gotten more from me than they would have if the game had launched with a $15/month subscription model.

You don't link it because your contribution is probably 00000000000000000000000000 and will keep being 0. Don't worry the whales will come and take care of the servers cost.

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

Can't wait for next week fella's!

Posted (edited)

Source: Just look at the amount of players crying p2w.

We should start the movement of finding jobs for "no lifers". 

nice try...

dac31b3715.png

Edited by Jylin

Posted

by paying that much already Kakao figured you are going to pay even more when you can get even better p2w. (ofc idk if you only bought interior decorations...)

Posted (edited)

by paying that much already Kakao figured you are going to pay even more when you can get even better p2w. (ofc idk if you only bought interior decorations...)

nice research they did in that case, because i will quit if they bring this change. like i did with archeage and all other games that went full p2w

also many others will do the same, regardless of what they spend

Edited by Jylin

Posted (edited)

You don't link it because your contribution is probably 00000000000000000000000000 and will keep being 0. Don't worry the whales will come and take care of the servers cost.

I've told you the minimum I've spent already, and I have no need to prove the precise amount to you unless you're going to give me something for that effort. You aren't making any decision on it, Daum and Pearl Abyss are. And they have my payment history so they know what I've given them.

It's a shame you can't afford to reimburse me like I'd suggested. I guess that's why you're in support of this change. You're one of those players who will finally be able to get all the cash shop goodies you otherwise haven't been able to afford :(

There's no shame in that, but you should at least be honest about it. Or better yet, go find a job!

Edited by scau

Posted (edited)

nice research they did in that case, because i will quit if they bring this change. like i did with archeage and all other games that went full p2w

also many others will do the same, regardless of what they spend

Yeah. but I think u agree even before this upcoming change, you could spend easily 500€ on cash shop just to max out your character. each item giving that slight boost, just so much you had to buy it, but so small alone it was not p2w. and game was b2p. I think Korean investors saw (again) west players gona pay them shitton of money for mostly nothing ( they just host servers here) and probably care less then 2 shits if the game dies after 2 month here cus their main market is in Asia anyways... 

and it seems Kakao is just treating BDO as an short term investment (atleast NA/EU) and want most cash in short time back) Noticed how the bigger p2w stuff happened right after Daum changed to Kakao? xD 

Edited by Valtzu

Posted (edited)

Yeah. but I think u agree even before this upcoming change, you could spend easily 500€ on cash shop just to max out your character. each item giving that slight boost, just so much you had to buy it, but so small alone it was not p2w. and game was b2p. I think Korean investors saw (again) west players gona pay them shitton of money for mostly nothing ( they just host servers here) and probably care less then 2 shits if the game dies after 2 month here cus their main market is in Asia anyways... 

and it seems Kakao is just treating BDO as an short term investment (atleast NA/EU) and want most cash in short time back)

probably you are right on this.

i spend the money because i enjoy the game and wanted to support it. well with full p2w where money -> silver exchange is possible, its just pointless in playing it. so no need to support it anymore

people don't seem to understand that if you spend alot of time on a game it doesnt mean you are broke

Edited by Jylin

Posted

I have way enough money to go p2win... but It would ruin my personal experience and everyone else experience to make 400 m silver every week doing nothing... please don't post stupid stats on the forum thinking you are right... 

1 person likes this

Posted

Millennials will always be remembered as the unemployment/wellfare generation. It's very sad really, millennials will be the reason why USA will stop being the most powerful country in the world.

Posted

Millennials will always be remembered as the unemployment/wellfare generation. It's very sad really, millennials will be the reason why USA will stop being the most powerful country in the world.

Really? I thought it was because of cheeseburgers.

Posted

Really? I thought it was because of cheeseburgers.

Bait thread, wandering off topic. Locked for now.