• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Open Letter to Daum Games / Pearl Abyss. SIGN THE CHANGE.ORG PETITION

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Petition Link Here

Dear Pearl Abyss and Daum Games,

I’ve been a proud consumer of Black Desert Online since day one. I pre-ordered the game, and played launch day like everyone else. I chose this game for multiple reasons, some of which are the combat system, the PvP, and the non-p2w aspect of the game promised. During the last few months, you guys have done some sketchy moves as a business, slowly leading toward this point and I urge you to STOP now while you can. You released sellable dyes days before the Merv’s Pallet came out. You released a value pack which directly puts an increase on silver generated in the game. Unfortunately, this I can deal with but what you have proposed now I cannot.

Many people on the forums love to scream pay to win, to every small item in the game. Whether it be costumes, pets, the value pack, etc. I would like to say there has been nothing “True” pay to win in this game as of yet. “True” pay to win, by definition, is the ability to purchase instant items that will allow you to progress to the end of the game. Examples of this would be:

·         Purchasing Silver to Purchase End game gear instantly normally that would take weeks to get.

·         Purchasing an item to reach level 60 instantly.

·         Purchasing Boss armor directly for real life cash.

What pay to win is not:

·         Purchasing an item that shaves 5 hours off a 100-hour grind.

·         Purchasing an item that cuts 10% time off a grind for exp.

·         Purchasing an item that allows you to get rewarded a small amount more.

Recently you have added the value pack, which does some of the points in the non “True” pay to win bullet points listed above. Though many players outraged at the idea, myself not included, it seems that it will stay in the game as is, and personally people will get used to it and you will not lose many players over it. This recent proposed change though, it is a whole different ball park as the value pack or sellable dyes.

By placing this “feature” in the game, you are allowing players to purchase their silver directly at you, even if there is a cap. You are allowing players to get a free fifty to two hundred and fifty million silver per week, in result becoming two hundred to one BILLION silver per month. With two hundred million silver, I could buy a piece of boss armor from the black market. With one billion silver, I could buy a whole set of boss armor within a month, and probably get it to “+15” to “Tri”. This is unacceptable.

Your company Daum Games has stated in the past many times before that this game will NOT become pay to win. You will NOT add “Valk Cry’s”, because the aspect of paying for fail stacks is too pay to win. You will leave the game as a buy to play model, and because of that model we will never go in the direction of pay to win free to play games as other countless Korean games are. Though this may sound harsh, YOU HAVE LIED. If this change goes into effect, it will be repeating the same actions as a very great game many once knew as Archeage. Daum I plead you to learn from other companies’ mistakes, and do not lose a high percentage of your player base for short term profit. I love this game, and I have never thought of requesting my money back, until now. I have had no problem with all the previous changes made, but this is the first and only change I will not take.

I like many other players have invested hundreds of dollars into this game. For me personally I have invested five hundred and ninety dollars. Many people over exaggerate on how much they have spent on this game, but with this change, I have reviewed my pay pals purchase history, and I added everything up to arrive to that number. Let me show you some simple math.

As a community we DO NOT want this change in OUR GAME. WE are the CONSUMERS. We are the players who escape reality to enjoy Black Desert Online whether it’s a few hours a day, or many per day. We are the players who invest in the game we LOVE so much. Do NOT make that LOVE into HATE for your company. We as a community have already endured shady business decisions from you AND Pearl Abyss and enough is enough.

Below you can find a petition created for everyone to sign. Please review this letter with an open heart and mind. I have tried to my upmost to be respectful and understanding in this letter.

Thank you,

Whites.

Petition Link Here

Edited by Whites
15 people like this

Posted

• Twitter:  If you have it, tag posts with #P2WBDO or something like that and complain, publicly and loudly.
  • Facebook:  Tag Black Desert Online and complain, a lot.
  • YouTube:  If you have that talent, create videos and make sure you tag that game so that people will find them when they search for videos about Black Desert.
  • Email Pear Abyss:  contact@PearlAbyss.com  and let them know how you feel.  There is a lot of difficulty in digging up contacts for this game so if you have more, post them.
  • Write reviews:  I have a review account with MMORPG.com and I will be writing a review right away.  It often takes some time for this to be reviewed and published, so get on this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_review_websites  If writing isnt your skill, comment on articles about Black Desert on these sites.
  • Reddit:  There are a lot of subreddits for gaming.  /r/Gaming etc.  Go write stuff about this development and why it is bad.
  • Change your guild tag to the image from Jordine (those guys are my heroes) http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_08_2016/p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721.png.38321368042d6027360328804c045da5.png
  • Complain, a lot.  Make your voice heard in every single way you can think of.
1 person likes this

Posted

I think the petition crashed change.org

Can't access the site at all

Posted

Keep Bumping and signing. Post all of their social media, this is all we can do to survive. 

Posted

• Twitter:  If you have it, tag posts with #P2WBDO or something like that and complain, publicly and loudly.
  • Facebook:  Tag Black Desert Online and complain, a lot.
  • YouTube:  If you have that talent, create videos and make sure you tag that game so that people will find them when they search for videos about Black Desert.
  • Email Pear Abyss:  contact@PearlAbyss.com  and let them know how you feel.  There is a lot of difficulty in digging up contacts for this game so if you have more, post them.
  • Write reviews:  I have a review account with MMORPG.com and I will be writing a review right away.  It often takes some time for this to be reviewed and published, so get on this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_review_websites  If writing isnt your skill, comment on articles about Black Desert on these sites.
  • Reddit:  There are a lot of subreddits for gaming.  /r/Gaming etc.  Go write stuff about this development and why it is bad.
  • Change your guild tag to the image from Jordine (those guys are my heroes) http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_08_2016/p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721.png.38321368042d6027360328804c045da5.png
  • Complain, a lot.  Make your voice heard in every single way you can think of.

THIS

Posted

bump sign the petition

Posted

I would but change.org died lol. PA/Kakao see what you did!

Posted

Were at 27. Keep Going higher. When it hits 100 it goes up more and more. 

Posted

SIGN SIGN SIGN

Posted

You are allowing players to get a free fifty to two hundred and fifty million silver per week, in result becoming two hundred to one BILLION silver per month.

Hey future man! Any source? To think someone would go on the forums, on the internet and just lie like that. Unless I did actually get drunk and am currently in Korea...TR1121070_PZ_Cussons_Original_Source_Bot 

1 person likes this

Posted

#SaveBDO

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey future man! Any source? To think someone would go on the forums, on the internet and just lie like that. Unless I did actually get drunk and am currently in Korea... 

Korea has a Max cap of 100m Coins per week. Korea streamers stated 5 items is much more op than even the 100m cap. 

Posted

Korea has a Max cap of 100m Coins per week. Korea streamers stated 5 items is much more op than even the 100m cap. 

And yet we still don't know the exchange rate we will have.

Posted

Korea

Korea 

But this is EU/NA...

Posted

But this is EU/NA...

And yet we still don't know the exchange rate we will have.

And if you both personally think it will not raise higher and higher because if its too cheap people wont purchase it. 

If people are only getting 25 million per week, barley anyone will do that, they will raise it more.

Posted (edited)

I hit 3000 hours 2-3 days ago, I have two level 55 characters and a ranger who's about to hit 58. I love this game and I love it's world, I respect PA's ambition to design their game how they want. But I hope they realize that quite a few loyal supporters like myself are very, very against this change.

Here is my account page (no personal information showing). 

f1ee66d6d242b8e5e1356aa2b364a654.gif

Edited by Ayl
6 people like this

Posted

keep bumping this

Posted

And if you both personally think it will not raise higher and higher because if its too cheap people wont purchase it. 

If people are only getting 25 million per week, barley anyone will do that, they will raise it more.

Where did I say anything about what I think. I just know for a fact that I don't know yet if it's p2w or not.

Posted

Where did I say anything about what I think. I just know for a fact that I don't know yet if it's p2w or not.

Research the other versions.

Posted

Korea also has like 15m black dye.

Just saying.

Posted

Korea also has like 15m black dye.
Just saying.

And that my friend is because of Silver Inflation. As Silver becomes less and less valuable, prices of items go higher and higher. 

Posted

And that my friend is because of Silver Inflation. As Silver becomes less and less valuable, prices of items go higher and higher. 

Posted

/bump

Posted

You quoting me here.

I'm confused, do you not think the 100m per week is p2w too? Its part of what causes silver inflation there too. 

Posted

/Burmp