• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Open Letter to Daum Games / Pearl Abyss. SIGN THE CHANGE.ORG PETITION

93 posts in this topic

Posted

signing petition until I see the address line - yeah right - could make one up but still totally unnecessary - so no

1 person likes this

Posted

bump

Posted

Petition Link Here

Dear Pearl Abyss and Daum Games,

I’ve been a proud consumer of Black Desert Online since day one. I pre-ordered the game, and played launch day like everyone else. I chose this game for multiple reasons, some of which are the combat system, the PvP, and the non-p2w aspect of the game promised. During the last few months, you guys have done some sketchy moves as a business, slowly leading toward this point and I urge you to STOP now while you can. You released sellable dyes days before the Merv’s Pallet came out. You released a value pack which directly puts an increase on silver generated in the game. Unfortunately, this I can deal with but what you have proposed now I cannot.

Many people on the forums love to scream pay to win, to every small item in the game. Whether it be costumes, pets, the value pack, etc. I would like to say there has been nothing “True” pay to win in this game as of yet. “True” pay to win, by definition, is the ability to purchase instant items that will allow you to progress to the end of the game. Examples of this would be:

·         Purchasing Silver to Purchase End game gear instantly normally that would take weeks to get.

·         Purchasing an item to reach level 60 instantly.

·         Purchasing Boss armor directly for real life cash.

What pay to win is not:

·         Purchasing an item that shaves 5 hours off a 100-hour grind.

·         Purchasing an item that cuts 10% time off a grind for exp.

·         Purchasing an item that allows you to get rewarded a small amount more.

Recently you have added the value pack, which does some of the points in the non “True” pay to win bullet points listed above. Though many players outraged at the idea, myself not included, it seems that it will stay in the game as is, and personally people will get used to it and you will not lose many players over it. This recent proposed change though, it is a whole different ball park as the value pack or sellable dyes.

By placing this “feature” in the game, you are allowing players to purchase their silver directly at you, even if there is a cap. You are allowing players to get a free fifty to two hundred and fifty million silver per week, in result becoming two hundred to one BILLION silver per month. With two hundred million silver, I could buy a piece of boss armor from the black market. With one billion silver, I could buy a whole set of boss armor within a month, and probably get it to “+15” to “Tri”. This is unacceptable.

Your company Daum Games has stated in the past many times before that this game will NOT become pay to win. You will NOT add “Valk Cry’s”, because the aspect of paying for fail stacks is too pay to win. You will leave the game as a buy to play model, and because of that model we will never go in the direction of pay to win free to play games as other countless Korean games are. Though this may sound harsh, YOU HAVE LIED. If this change goes into effect, it will be repeating the same actions as a very great game many once knew as Archeage. Daum I plead you to learn from other companies’ mistakes, and do not lose a high percentage of your player base for short term profit. I love this game, and I have never thought of requesting my money back, until now. I have had no problem with all the previous changes made, but this is the first and only change I will not take.

I like many other players have invested hundreds of dollars into this game. For me personally I have invested five hundred and ninety dollars. Many people over exaggerate on how much they have spent on this game, but with this change, I have reviewed my pay pals purchase history, and I added everything up to arrive to that number. Let me show you some simple math.

As a community we DO NOT want this change in OUR GAME. WE are the CONSUMERS. We are the players who escape reality to enjoy Black Desert Online whether it’s a few hours a day, or many per day. We are the players who invest in the game we LOVE so much. Do NOT make that LOVE into HATE for your company. We as a community have already endured shady business decisions from you AND Pearl Abyss and enough is enough.

Below you can find a petition created for everyone to sign. Please review this letter with an open heart and mind. I have tried to my upmost to be respectful and understanding in this letter.

Thank you,

Whites.

Petition Link Here

bump, for all the anti p2w going on, u guys are workin hard. signed it as well. Don't Devalue peoples time invested into your game already daum by publishing like fools. 

Posted

signing petition until I see the address line - yeah right - could make one up but still totally unnecessary - so no

No one sees the information unless you leave a comment. The only thing it would say is your town and state or country. It's entirely anonymous

Posted

bumo

Posted

bumpkin

Posted

hahhaahah.  change.org.  hahahahahah wow.

Posted

You people need to go get a job, and then, this whole P2W illusion, wont bother you so much. LOL

1 person likes this

Posted

You people need to go get a job, and then, this whole P2W illusion, wont bother you so much. LOL

go play archeage or whatver its called

Posted

J O B

Posted

go play archeage or whatver its called

I choose to play ......my wallet!  

Posted

Keep signing guys!

Posted

u are the one who needs a job xD u got time to post on rnd forums about "get a job" xD

its weekend buddy WEEKEND lets smoke the peace pipe and sing together "no more p2w D: u arent gona get our money" D: ... now back to my weed irl and ingame xD

1 person likes this

Posted

u are the one who needs a job xD u got time to post on rnd forums about "get a job" xD

its weekend buddy WEEKEND lets smoke the peace pipe and sing together "no more p2w D: u arent gona get our money" D: ... now back to my weed irl and ingame xD

umm, You still here? I thought you were going to quit BDO....Please move on:)

Posted

umm, You still here? I thought you were going to quit BDO....Please move on:)

if there are people against it there may change something i wait and watch ;) so go back and get a life u ... of a casual :)

Posted

bump

Posted

We all love this game to much and have hoped for the future. Which is why we fight for a certain structure that is known to work and give longevity to games that use it. P2W is a game killer.. It is a choice companies make to milk their player-base before abandoning any future development. 

A large population just washed their hands altogether and quit without any attempt in revealing their opinions on the matter. I do not blame them. 

However, until they actually decide to implement this change, I for one intend to fight for what was my last attempt at immersing myself in an mmo.

BDO has the foundation of something magical. Lets preserve it. 

If the changes are put into effect, MMO's will be a thing of the past for myself.

#SAVEBDO

Posted

bumo