• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

If you think you will be able to just pay to win, you're wong

37 posts in this topic

Posted

For people that are excited about this change- don't be.  You will not be competitive even if you pay the max $150 a week.

That is because while there will be a cap on how much you can pay to win, there is no cap on how much you can play.  That means the only way to be competitive after this change is to pay $150 a week AND grind 24/7.

The only people that will benefit from this change are people with both tons of money AND tons of free time.  One of the other will not be enough because of the half-assed implementation of this new p2w system.

Not only that, but the game is going to be a ghost-town until it goes f2p, and it will be full of godsellers and spam.  Once it goes f2p the community will be shit and there will be even more goldsellers and spam.

tl;dr: If you're excited about this change because you have a fat wallet and no free time, think again.  The game is going to be ruined AND you will still not be competitive even if you spend $150 a week.

4 people like this

Posted

For people that are excited about this change- don't be.  You will not be competitive even if you pay the max $150 a week.

That is because while there will be a cap on how much you can pay to win, there is no cap on how much you can play.  That means the only way to be competitive after this change is to pay $150 a week AND grind 24/7.

The only people that will benefit from this change are people with both tons of money AND tons of free time.  One of the other will not be enough because of the half-assed implementation of this new p2w system.

Not only that, but the game is going to be a ghost-town until it goes f2p, and it will be full of godsellers and spam.  Once it goes f2p the community will be shit and there will be even more goldsellers and spam.

tl;dr: If you're excited about this change because you have a fat wallet and no free time, think again.  The game is going to be ruined AND you will still not be competitive even if you spend $150 a week.

If you cant P2W, why are you throwing a fit with your avatar and stuff?

10 people like this

Posted

If you had a life why would you play smart on internet ?

2 people like this

Posted

What's to stop people from buying 5 costumes a week, and possibly after 2 weeks preorder a piece of boss gear for 500m to 1b? A person doing a normal grind session everyday won't be able to make that kind of money in 2 weeks.

Posted

If you had a life why would you play smart on internet ?

If I had a life I wouldn't.

Posted (edited)

This new system is a new kind of horrible p2w that hasn't been seen before.  It's pay AND play 24/7 to win.  You can't do just one or the other because of the cap on sales.

I'm against p2w, but at least it benefited some people.  This new kind of system is going to benefit very few people, only those willing to spend $150 a week AND grind hours a day (that's a very low percentage of players).  Everyone else, both those that just pay or those that just play, will be eaten alive by that very small percentage.

Edited by Hamletswords

Posted

Win! =p

Posted

This new system is a new kind of horrible p2w that hasn't been seen before.  It's pay AND play 24/7 to win.  You can't do just one or the other because of the cap on sales.

I'm against p2w, but at least it benefited some people.  This new kind of system is going to benefit very few people, only those willing to spend $150 a week AND grind hours a day (that's a very low percentage of players).

That doesn't make sense.

It's either P2W or it isn't.

You can't rally against the P2W regime while simultaneously telling wallet warriors that they won't even be able to P2W.

Pick one.

Posted

You can't tell us what to do. P2W crowd doesn't QQ like you. We're so excited for this we're gonna stop fishing and play the game now for real. All those "hardcore no lifers" can now leave.

2 people like this

Posted

Because dramas and soap operas work on TV.

Posted

Because dramas and soap operas work on TV.

I guess I should stop standing in the way of progress, then.

Posted

Haha butthurt so strong in these threads.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That doesn't make sense.

You can't rally against the P2W regime while simultaneously telling wallet warriors that they won't even be able to P2W.

Pick one.

Well, I'm sorry you need things to be black and white to understand them.  If you'd like to supply an avatar that represents "No Pay AND Play to Win", I'd gladly use it, but that's kind of hard to encapsulate.  

But I don't mind the game being play to win.  All the longest-lasting, best and most successful MMOs have always rewarded time and effort.

You can't tell us what to do. P2W crowd doesn't QQ like you. We're so excited for this we're gonna stop fishing and play the game now for real. All those "hardcore no lifers" can now leave.

I'm not telling you what to do... I'm trying to enlighten you past beyond your apparently very short-sighted vision.

I repeat: you will not be competitive just by paying.  If you think so, you're being naive.  

If you plan on paying $150 a week and playing nonstop- enjoy the game, it's going to be your oyster.  For all 100 of you left playing.

Edited by Hamletswords

Posted

I'm not telling you what to do... I'm trying to enlighten you past beyond your apparently very short-sighted vision.

I repeat: you will not be competitive just by paying.  If you think so, you're being naive.  

If you plan on paying $150 a week and playing nonstop- enjoy the game, it's going to be your oyster.  For all 100 of you left playing.

There's nothing competitive in this game LOL. This isn't Blade & Soul PvP. $$$ === silvers easily now === gears.

Gear = win, no skill required. Pick an OP class for awakening and go p2w.

Posted

There's nothing competitive in this game LOL. This isn't Blade & Soul PvP. $$$ === silvers easily now === gears.

Gear = win, no skill required. Pick an OP class for awakening and go p2w.

Huh?  I wasn't suggesting that you'd be able to buy skill...

Posted (edited)

The sh*t has to be for sale on the AH for it to matter!  Silver is frigging easy to make, making boss drops etc be available on the AH is not.

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

NO P2W

2016-08-04_36060798.JPG

Posted

The sh*t has to be for sale on the AH for it to matter!  Silver is frigging easy to make, making boss drops etc be available on the AH is not.

Most silver is spent on updgrading equipment, not the base items themselves.  You play this game, right?

Posted

Most silver is spent on updgrading equipment, not the base items themselves.  You play this game, right?

You obviously don't get it.  What do you spend money on besides memory frags and armor to repair?  All stuff that currently gets sold out consistently.  I guess you could buy armor and weapon stones but the market is dropping on them so fast with the event going on it won't even matter.  And sure you can buy all the mats in the world to upgrade but without the drops it won't matter.  If you can't buy the actual kzarkas and boss drops and rare drops like ogre rings etc it wont matter how much silver you have.  I've burned through over a billion silver worth of mats the last two months upgrading, do I care if somebody wants to spend $1000 to do the same thing?  It wont get him very far besides upgrading the same stuff he already has, or if he wants to he could spend 100 hours grinding sausans.  

Why do I care if someone would rather work 50 hours at their job over 100 hours at sausans?  Paying wont get him experience, paying wont get him boss drops, paying wont even make more resources be sale.  I am sitting on 200m right now with nothing to spend it on, why would I spend $150 a week more to make more silver I cant spend on anything I want?  I really dont care if someone makes more silver in game than me because they either a. grind more or b. spend more and you shouldnt either.  Someone will always put in more than you.  What you should be really upset about is RNG in this game.  It cost me ~400m in mats to level my bhegs glove to duo another person in my guild got his gloves to tri on 150m, why should he get a 250m advantage just because his rng is better?

2 people like this

Posted

That doesn't make sense.

Pick one.

Then the game was p2w without adding being able to sell costumes. Weight increase and maids will increase chance of winning node wars

Posted

Bring the P2W!!!

Posted

Then the game was p2w without adding being able to sell costumes. Weight increase and maids will increase chance of winning node wars

That has zero to do with the topic at hand.

Please reprimand yourself as much as you feel appropriate.

Posted

That has zero to do with the topic at hand.

Please reprimand yourself as much as you feel appropriate.

"GIT GUD"

Posted

"GIT GUD"

I'm afraid I can't do that.

Trash for life, yo.

1 person likes this