• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Poll: Cash shop marketplace - Are you quitting or staying?

Cash shop marketplace poll.   362 votes

1. 1. What are your feelings on the recent cash shop marketplace announcement?

• I hate it and I will quit the game next week unless they change it.
    • I don't like it, but I'll keep playing the game regardless.
    • I think it's a good change.
    • I don't care. Where's the popcorn?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

Posted

I wanted a thread with an unbiased poll to get a general idea how many people think this issue is serious enough they're considering the quit the game over it.

I'll personally keep playing the game even with this change. I played the KR version for quite a while and I didn't get the impression being able to list cash shop items had much of an impact on the game. People "no lifing" the game will still dominate regardless. So this is a nice way for people to get some cash shop items without a good real life income, and on the flip side, people with little time but a good income can catch up a little bit (but they still would have no chance to compete against the really hardcore players). 

1 person likes this

Posted

yes im staying but only because i love my charcter to much to give up so easily

Posted

It might not be that bad if they limit it and put a cap on price.... might...

Posted

c2b479aab1342606734f3cb8833e44c8.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

Actually im not sure about this one.

I dont know if i will quit. But atleast i wont spend any money on this game anymore.

There is no reason to pay money anyway if you can buy everything ingame.

1 person likes this

Posted

Staying. but not sure I will keep spending if this would be added.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm between option 1 and 2, i don't know if ill outright quit but it's definitely killed a lot of my drive to play.

Posted

Staying. but not sure I will keep spending if this would be added.

Now you can save money to upgrade your Computer, and buy costumes from Market. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I've got some games on Steam that I've been holding off installing because I like to keep a certain amount of hard drive space free.

My BDO folder is 36GB.

If they go through with the changes I'll be removing BDO and finally trying out those games I've been sitting on.

Posted

if they fix a price "low" enough for the CS item on the market, imho that's fine, and will not be worse than the p2w taxe reduction item.

Posted

I'm staying because I really enjoy the game. I do agree this is too far though. While I like being able to not spend real money on cash shop items, I would rather spend real money than see the game go down this road.

Posted

staying but afk fishing!

Posted (edited)

Where's the option to add more p2w items? Biased poll

Edited by Seinfeld
1 person likes this

Posted

I dont like it one bit but I'll keep playing and won't spend another dime on it.

Posted

I would like an option to vote to add Valk Cry's please.

Posted (edited)

3 weeks prior to WoW:Legion. Such poor timing. I'd be impressed if Kakao/Daum didn't just lose a chunk of their players that were on the fence about staying or giving WoW another go.

Edited by Tolbiac
1 person likes this

Posted

I wanted a thread with an unbiased poll to get a general idea how many people think this issue is serious enough they're considering the quit the game over it.

I'll personally keep playing the game even with this change. I played the KR version for quite a while and I didn't get the impression being able to list cash shop items had much of an impact on the game. People "no lifing" the game will still dominate regardless. So this is a nice way for people to get some cash shop items without a good real life income, and on the flip side, people with little time but a good income can catch up a little bit (but they still would have no chance to compete against the really hardcore players). 

I've liked your videos in the past, and I feel its sad to see someone that I enjoyed watching play a game now discussing such a mess of a issue. Best of luck Fluffy. Hopefully the poll at least gets seen.

Posted

If they implement these changes, I will stick around to see how things roll out. If the cash shop items are too expensive (would really prefer if they didn't add them at all), and Kakao does not respond to our feedback, I'm leaving. It was fun while it lasted, but all great things come to an end type of thing.

Posted

I'll keep playing until Camelot Unchained comes out. Won't be spending another dollar again.
At least the Devs of CU said the game will be a sub so everyone has access to all the same things.
It's such a shame that such a neat game was build around the cash shop.

Posted (edited)

I'll keep playing for a while, probably, but Daum/Kakao isn't seeing another penny from me.

Edited by Tomoyo

Posted

I just don't want it to become like Archeage where there's no chance in hell that I, someone who works and has a life outside of game, can keep up with someone who can just slap down thousands of dollars and become a superhero.  I can barely keep up now but I'm managing.  I think this is a very bad game management decision.  Remember the NGE in SWG?  People who really put forth the time and effort felt screwed over by the devs and the game was never the same.

I think this change will be of that magnitude.  Might be a game breaker - literally.

Posted

They say stuff like: I'll never put a single penny on this game, I'm qutting, I'm not playing this game until it fixed, then watch all of them come back after awakening weapon comes to the server and they'll be like: 

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc

It is always like this:

1) introduce a new update, players don't like -> reaction.

2) Spam thread about it telling them y'all will quit if it isn't changed.

3) come back after a few weeks. 

4) Repeat cycle.

Posted

"I'm going to quit! This change is atrocious! Just....not right now...maybe next week, or next month....I might stick around for a bit to see what happens, then I will DEFINITELY quit." 

If you want to quit, why not just quit? The relationship is over, get out there and find someone new! 

2 people like this

Posted

Daum / Kakau / Pearl Abyss / WHO EVER MIGHT READ THIS

This is your last chance to kick the breaks. You are going to KILL THIS GAME. You might think the money you make from this is more than what you have gotten before. But you are mistaken. THE MAJORITY OF YOUR PLAYERBASE IS GONNA LEAVE THE SECOND YOU INTRODUCE THIS.

WoW: Legion is gonna launch in like four weeks. Noone's gonna be sad about leaving this game. You will regret it.

Posted

Good change

more competition for me

more money for daum

free upgraded pets and costumes for me

win win.

Now we just need a megaserver and awakenings