• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A list of things to do to combat the P2W change coming.

16 posts in this topic

Posted

It appears my post was removed from reddit by the moderators, they are trying to keep us from organizing.

Step 1: Get your icon and update it on the forums. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106659-the-no-p2w-market/

Step 2: Vote on the forums for NO to P2W in this forum.http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106524-should-bdo-cash-shop-items-be-available-for-purchase-with-in-game-silver/

Step 3: Vote on change.org petition to cement your thoughts permanently to Kakao/PA.http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106678-open-letter-to-daum-games-pearl-abyss-plus-petition/

Step 4: Upvote this post so that everyone else sees this.

edit: Great post by nightbloom that I think is pertinent to reference here.

Twitter: If you have it, tag posts with #P2WBDO or something like that and complain, publicly and loudly.

Facebook: Tag Black Desert Online and complain, a lot.

YouTube: If you have that talent, create videos and make sure you tag that game so that people will find them when they search for videos about Black Desert.

Email Pearl Abyss: contact@PearlAbyss.com and let them know how you feel. There is a lot of difficulty in digging up contacts for this game so if you have more, post them.

Write reviews: I have a review account with MMORPG.com and I will be writing a review right away. It often takes some time for this to be reviewed and published, so get on this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_review_websites If writing isnt your skill, comment on articles about Black Desert on these sites.

Reddit: There are a lot of subreddits for gaming. /r/Gaming etc. Go write stuff about this development and why it is bad.

Change your guild tag to the image from Jordine (those guys are my heroes)http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_08_2016/p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721.png.38321368042d6027360328804c045da5.png https://www.change.org/p/daum-games-stop-daum-games-from-changing-blackdesertonline-to-pay-to-win-model-with-cash-shop-items-being-listed-on-the-market

Complain, a lot. Make your voice heard in every single way you can think of.

8 people like this

Posted

Or just do the reasonable thing and quit to go find a game with a business model that you're comfortable with.

I'm sure there's lots of other games out there with what you wouldn't consider P2W mechanics.  80% sure of it.  10%.  Ah hell they're all P2W now.  Suck it up Nancy!

1 person likes this

Posted

Or just do the reasonable thing and quit to go find a game with a business model that you're comfortable with.

So why were you playing this one rather than AA or one of the other MMO's that were already P2W if that's what you were wanting?

Posted

Bump.

#SaveBDO

Posted

I'm sure there's lots of other games out there with what you wouldn't consider P2W mechanics.  80% sure of it.  10%.  Ah hell they're all P2W now.  Suck it up Nancy!

boy,... we got scammed here... nothing else... 

Posted (edited)

My goodness just leave already.  I look around the web and all the p2w are still touting its a 30% increase in silver obtained instead of what it really is.  I also see that anyone that understands the math isnt concerned.

At this point it is like a bunch of kindergarten kids throwing a tantrum because someone else got the ball.......

Edit:

I will clarify a bit.  It was the crying that made them change this to be fairer to all (those that grind silver).  If the crying would have been factual and not inflated, less would have likely been crying.  Thus the change would probably not had occurred.  My stance is kudos to devs for acting the adult and not caving to the tantrums.

However, if everyone would agree finally that the previous adds really were not p2w (which this is closer too) then I would be okay with not going to the new addition of items on the market.

Edited by The_Death_Princesses

Posted

So why were you playing this one rather than AA or one of the other MMO's that were already P2W if that's what you were wanting?

I play BDO because I did play ArcheAge and I recognize what true Pay 2 Win looks like.  ArcheAge = Putting gear upgrades neccessary to compete in PvP in RNG Gambling Lockboxes for an obscenely small chance at upgrading your gear but most likely degrading and/or destroying your gear.

Comparing BDO's P2W and ArcheAge's P2W is like comparing the flu to the bubonic plague.

I've seen the absolute worst P2W that BDO has gotten by playing the KR version of the game.  I didn't mind it then.  I don't mind it now.

What people want, a game without P2W, doesn't exist anymore.  Every game will have a cash shop.  Every game will be trying to figure out how to get more money out of you.  That is how games are now.  Whether it be a single player game who held content and charges you for DLC for it or a MMO company looking to charge you a little extra each month with a freemium sub that's how games are now.  If you don't like it, that's understandable, but you're going to find it's not going to change. 

Even if PA/Kakao reverse their decision on selling items, they will just find another way to get money out of you.  These things aren't run by non-profit organizations.

Posted

Bump to stay informed.

Posted

I play BDO because I did play ArcheAge and I recognize what true Pay 2 Win looks like.  ArcheAge = Putting gear upgrades neccessary to compete in PvP in RNG Gambling Lockboxes for an obscenely small chance at upgrading your gear but most likely degrading and/or destroying your gear.

Comparing BDO's P2W and ArcheAge's P2W is like comparing the flu to the bubonic plague.

I've seen the absolute worst P2W that BDO has gotten by playing the KR version of the game.  I didn't mind it then.  I don't mind it now.

What people want, a game without P2W, doesn't exist anymore.  Every game will have a cash shop.  Every game will be trying to figure out how to get more money out of you.  That is how games are now.  Whether it be a single player game who held content and charges you for DLC for it or a MMO company looking to charge you a little extra each month with a freemium sub that's how games are now.  If you don't like it, that's understandable, but you're going to find it's not going to change. 

Even if PA/Kakao reverse their decision on selling items, they will just find another way to get money out of you.  These things aren't run by non-profit organizations.

I played Archeage too, P2W vs less P2W does NOT mean that P2W needs to be supported.

Posted

Bye bye BDO, it's been fun. Shame

Posted (edited)

I played Archeage too, P2W vs less P2W does NOT mean that P2W needs to be supported.

P2W is unavoidable.

Trying to make some sort of watershed moment in BDO out of P2W in games is pointless because you'd be hard challenged to find literally any other alternative out there.  Whether it be single player games withholding content to sell as DLC or MMO games selling you cosmetics they could easily add as part of a patch this how games are today.  What you want doesn't exist anymore.  Your battle is already lost.  You have no more games to go to that aren't P2W.

Even if Daum reverses their decision, you're ecstatic and happy, they will just find another way to get their money.

Edited by Kodiak

Posted

P2W is unavoidable.

Trying to make some sort of watershed moment in BDO out of P2W in games is pointless because you'd be hard challenged to find literally any other alternative out there.  Whether it be single player games withholding content to sell as DLC or MMO games selling you cosmetics they could easily add as part of a patch this how games are today.  What you want doesn't exist anymore.  Your battle is already lost.  You have no more games to go to that aren't P2W.

Even if Daum reverses their decision, you're ecstatic and happy, they will just find another way to get their money.

P2W is not an inevitability.

Finding another way to get players money is fine. For example, a mandatory monthly subscription and paid expansions (like Mediah expansion). I was fine with that for many years in other MMO's, as were many other players.

It does not have to be P2W or bust.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

P2W is not an inevitability.

Finding another way to get players money is fine. For example, a mandatory monthly subscription and paid expansions (like Mediah expansion). I was fine with that for many years in other MMO's, as were many other players.

It does not have to be P2W or bust.

P2W is already a fact, it's already happened in just about every game these days.

The subscription model failed.  It failed because us players are capricious and will quit games over any number of random reasons.  This is too harmful for businesses.  A great example was "monoclegate" in EVE where they were after people got an early report on things that may be coming to the cash shop a huge chunk of people quit the game.  That caused CCP to have to shut down parts of their business.  Giving players the ability to shut down parts of your business is unacceptable for most companies and it's why F2P and B2P and cash shops have become so popular with game developers even as players absolutely hate and despise these systems they have no signs of stopping or changing.  People thought "Oh I'll quit the game and that will show them, I will vote with my wallet."  All it did was cause developers to seek alternative business models.  Even venerable WOW, the flagship of subscription games, has introduced a cash shop for players to sell subscriptions and pets and otherwise.

I mean, technically, you are right it doesn't have to be P2W or bust.  But that's what it IS.  That's just how things are now.  You have no other options to go to.  Unless you're going to somehow convince businesses that they shouldn't be so greedy or convince enough players to stop playing games that's just how they will continue to be.

Edited by Kodiak

Posted

Great thread. Thanks for helping out.

Posted

I don't know why people are so surprised by this announcement, it's not like there wasn't any in-game alerts or anything...

MbXjYAJ.png

Posted

It appears my post was removed from reddit by the moderators, they are trying to keep us from organizing.

Step 1: Get your icon and update it on the forums. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106659-the-no-p2w-market/

Step 2: Vote on the forums for NO to P2W in this forum.http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106524-should-bdo-cash-shop-items-be-available-for-purchase-with-in-game-silver/

Step 3: Vote on change.org petition to cement your thoughts permanently to Kakao/PA.http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106678-open-letter-to-daum-games-pearl-abyss-plus-petition/

Step 4: Upvote this post so that everyone else sees this.

edit: Great post by nightbloom that I think is pertinent to reference here.

Twitter: If you have it, tag posts with #P2WBDO or something like that and complain, publicly and loudly.

Facebook: Tag Black Desert Online and complain, a lot.

YouTube: If you have that talent, create videos and make sure you tag that game so that people will find them when they search for videos about Black Desert.

Email Pearl Abyss: contact@PearlAbyss.com and let them know how you feel. There is a lot of difficulty in digging up contacts for this game so if you have more, post them.

Write reviews: I have a review account with MMORPG.com and I will be writing a review right away. It often takes some time for this to be reviewed and published, so get on this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_review_websites If writing isnt your skill, comment on articles about Black Desert on these sites.

Reddit: There are a lot of subreddits for gaming. /r/Gaming etc. Go write stuff about this development and why it is bad.

Change your guild tag to the image from Jordine (those guys are my heroes)http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_08_2016/p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721.png.38321368042d6027360328804c045da5.png https://www.change.org/p/daum-games-stop-daum-games-from-changing-blackdesertonline-to-pay-to-win-model-with-cash-shop-items-being-listed-on-the-market

Complain, a lot. Make your voice heard in every single way you can think of.

Honestly, alot of work being put in by those against p2w, so have a free 2 win bump m8

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0