• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Any "underdog class" in PvP?

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Black Desert noob here with a question. I'm making the jump to BDO after around 4K hours of playtime in Elder Scrolls Online, and the one thing I've learned from that experience is that playing my class against others when it was the weakest was a lot more fun than it was when my class was on top. So, my question is, does anyone who's played the Korean or Russian version for a while know if there is a "weakest class" for PvP?

Edited by Isbilen

Posted

Tamer is generally considered the 'weakest' pvp class atm in KR, especially in 1v1.

Mainly due to the scaling past +15 on the pet. People from KR/JP have claimed pets get 1/2 shot by really geared classes like ranger etc.

However, their awakening weapon is being released soon which is supposed to cut the reliance on the pet for tamers, so it could all change soon!

They are great at PvE and grinding though, due to them having a LOT of AoE and are rather evasive.

Posted

Black Desert noob here with a question. I'm making the jump to BDO after around 4K hours of playtime in Elder Scrolls Online, and the one thing I've learned from that experience is that playing my class against others when it was the weakest was a lot more fun than it was when my class was on top. So, my question is, does anyone who's played the Korean or Russian version for a while know if there is a "weakest class" for PvP?

Tamer gets horribly weaker 55+ as other classes are able to kill her pet easily, this might be remedied with her awakening but who knows. As for weakest class other than that there isn't really but I'd argue at release sorc will be the most rewarding class to play since she has a high skill cap.

Posted

Warrior can be really strong 1x1. 

Posted

Well sorc is not the weakest, but its very difficult to learn and highly punished for any mistake in PVP. This makes battles very rewarding when u win.

Posted

The underdog is the class with a dog. Tamer is pretty bad because the pet doesn't go past +15 with the scaling.
Wiz is also really hard in 1v1, and Sorc pretty difficult overall.

Posted

Thanks, I appreciate the replies. Sounds like I'll have to look more in to info on the Sorceress.

Posted

I believe Warrior and Sorcerer have the highest skill ceilings, Berseker will probably be the least played though according to the polls I saw. 

Posted

Don't count out the Valkyrie. She may seem boring, but in 1v1 she is a an absolute beast.

2016-01-23_144498779.JPG

2016-01-23_144508666.JPG

2016-01-23_144509553.JPG

Posted

Thanks, I appreciate the replies. Sounds like I'll have to look more in to info on the Sorceress.

Sorc isn't really an 'underdog', in fact she's probably one of, if not THE, strongest 1v1 class atm.
The only thing that would make her an 'underdog' is the fact that she is also the most difficult class to play, if you get stunned or screw up a combo you're dead due to how squishy you are. 

But I'd argue that's down to poor players  'under utilizing' her skill set, as opposed to the class being weak.

Posted

Any true underdog is the dog being outgeared, this is your true challange as classes are pretty set and have their defined roles they succeed in.

Posted

There are some pretty good U-Tube videos on the classes as well. One thing to think about is end-game! Though some of the listed classes are strong in 1v1, they are lacking in GvG and castle seiging

Posted

LOL you want underdog go tamer  sorc is not underdog at all.>>>>>>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0qojIul9Lk

Posted

Tamer will however rule the game before mediah patch so she will not be an underdog at release. She is also getting her awakening soon so I wouldn't say she would be weak post mediah for very long.

I imagine tamer getting her power back with the awakening, that will secure her strength past level 55 with 16-20+ gear and make her the queen of 1v1 pre mediah. 

Posted

If tamer's awakening is to specifically stop her from relying on the pet because she becomes weak from the pet no scaling.. seems like a pretty roundabout way to balance as well as making the base class irrelevant. Would it not be a simple change to just let the pet scale?

Posted

If tamer's awakening is to specifically stop her from relying on the pet because she becomes weak from the pet no scaling.. seems like a pretty roundabout way to balance as well as making the base class irrelevant. Would it not be a simple change to just let the pet scale?

If they fix it it would also allow the player to choose between the two ways of playing tamer, which sounds neat.

Posted

If they fix it it would also allow the player to choose between the two ways of playing tamer, which sounds neat.

Yeah of course I'm not saying there shouldn't be an awakening for tamer. But for example it'd be pretty stupid if the sole viability of tamers awakening rode on not relying on the pet and nothing interesting on top of that.

Well I don't know about the awakening or anything so what I'm saying is just conceptual.

Posted

As many others have said, Sorceress is not in any way, shape or form a class that could be considered an underdog. Its one of the strongest pvp classes in the game and one of the most popular too.

If you want an underdog class then choose Valkyrie, warrior or giant. All of those are classes that are not very popular (with possible exception of Valkyrie...) and are not seen as super powerful pvp classes, but all of them are pretty powerful in pvp, if you know how to play them.

Posted

Tamer will be underdog cause they wont be that great after a couple of months.

Posted

Tamer will be underdog cause they wont be that great after a couple of months.

There was already a quite useful post in this thread about the tamer and why it won't necessarily be the underdog class. ~

Posted

There was already a quite useful post in this thread about the tamer and why it won't necessarily be the underdog class. ~

the tamer and why it won't necessarily be the underdog

tamer

underdog

tamer

dog

?

1 person likes this

Posted

I heard Giant is the underdog in pvp for this build. Is that not true? 

Posted

Yeah of course I'm not saying there shouldn't be an awakening for tamer. But for example it'd be pretty stupid if the sole viability of tamers awakening rode on not relying on the pet and nothing interesting on top of that.

Well I don't know about the awakening or anything so what I'm saying is just conceptual.

It wouldn't be stupid because that is the point of awakening. Awakenings covers the weaknesses the class has to begin with. Tamers weakness is losing her pet. It would not suprise me if she didn't rely on her pet with the new awakening or have a pet to begin with.

I think we can see her awakening tomorrow or so, we will see soon enough.

Posted

It wouldn't be stupid because that is the point of awakening. Awakenings covers the weaknesses the class has to begin with. Tamers weakness is losing her pet. It would not suprise me if she didn't rely on her pet with the new awakening or have a pet to begin with.
I think we can see her awakening tomorrow or so, we will see soon enough.

Werewolf class inc.

Posted

?

u wanna tell me somethin'?!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0