• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm all for getting a chance to make up for lack of time with real money

53 posts in this topic

Posted

You no lifers have time, we have money. Get over it.

Posted (edited)

if someone got both, how do you wanna compete with him?

Edited by Jylin
7 people like this

Posted

Run OP, Run!!!

Posted

Posted

Blunt and to the point 

10/10

Posted

Why jump to a P2W solution to a lack of time?

If you are a casual player, than why not try making some non-game breaking method of making things more casual friendly?

A few examples...

1. Servers/Channels with enhancement caps for gear so you aren't outgeared when trying to play on them
  2. A "rested" type bonus acquired while logged out granting extra XP and/or silver drops during it's duration so only casuals benefit
  3. Fixing the broken L49 progression lock quest and raising the PvP level to 50 as in KR
  4. Changing the heavy RNG endgame gear treadmill to something you can actually make progress on without having to dedicate your life to the game

Are you so unimaginative that you can only think with your wallet?

Alternatively, if you find that you truly don't have the time to play the game than maybe find one more suitable for the hours you do have.

2 people like this

Posted

You don't, there will always be someone better than you in some shape or form. 

Either that or you max out your gear any hit level softcap anyways since you don't need to spend real money to do either of those things.

If you don't even have the time to do that then you will never be "competitive" in this game anyways.

Posted

I have both how bout that ? That does not mean that pay 2 win in a BUY TO PLAY GAME is any where near acceptable. Geez you ppl need to have some pride.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm happy I don't obsess over being able to compete with people who will always be better than me because they have more time and money

must suck to not be able to enjoy something unless you can be one of the best

Edited by Anemone
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm happy I don't obsess over being able to compete with people who will always be better than me because they have more time and money

must suck to not be able to enjoy something unless you can be one of the best

competition isnt about being the best and winning - it's about fighting someone on a fair equal level

Posted

must suck to not be able to enjoy something unless you can be the best at it

welp spending all that time on the forums does not help either :P 

but its about ethics and principle remember this is a buy 2 play game and still its going to be pay 2 win.

Posted (edited)

competition isnt about being the best and winning - it's about fighting someone on a fair equal level

right but you're talking about competing with someone who plays BDO all the time and has money (read your post, maybe you should edit it if this isn't what you meant)

you were never going to be able to compete with those people on an equal level (unless you were one of them) before this change, and you won't now either.

IMO both sides of this debate are just endless self-indulgent drivel, PA is not going to listen to anything but their marketing data -- which we will never see. 

Edited by Anemone
1 person likes this

Posted

right but you're talking about competing with someone who plays BDO all the time and has money (read your post, maybe you should edit it if this isn't what you meant)

you were never going to be able to compete with those people on an equal level (unless you were one of them) before this change, and you won't now either.

IMO both sides of this debate are just endless self-indulgent drivel, PA is not going to listen to anything but their marketing data -- which we will never see. 

im just trying to point out, that this change won't bring the balance between no-life's and causal players like the op hinted

1 person likes this

Posted

im just trying to point out, that this change won't bring the balance between no-life's and causal players like the op hinted

true, but I think it's a little too early to say either way. 

we don't know exactly what price these items will be capped at and the change hasn't even been implemented yet.  both sides are making a lot of statements based purely on speculation right now.

Posted

true, but I think it's a little too early to say either way. 

we don't know exactly what price these items will be capped at and the change hasn't even been implemented yet.  both sides are making a lot of statements based purely on speculation right now.

4aeaeea06b.jpg

Only 5 items a week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

4aeaeea06b.jpg

Only 5 items a week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What are their dye prices compared to ours?

Posted

If you find it necessary to spend real $ on a game that's supposed to pose somewhat of a challenge just to get ahead of those that actually put time in, what's the point of playing? You're skipping a large aspect of the game, whether it be a huge joy or not. I work 60 hours a week and have still managed to stay ahead of the curve. If you don't have the gear/silver, then you're probably one of the people that just ----- and complain about it being to difficult all the time and never actually spend time in the game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

also not our version, which has different marketplace price caps and rates of inflation.  We may not see these kinds of prices for months or even a year.  

Edited by Anemone

Posted

If you find it necessary to spend real $ on a game that's supposed to pose somewhat of a challenge just to get ahead of those that actually put time in, what's the point of playing? You're skipping a large aspect of the game, whether it be a huge joy or not. 

Cause the game is fun in multiple aspects and not everyone finds enjoyment from doing the exact same thing. This game isn't made ONLY to pvp, or ONLY to grind out equipment to feel accomplished.

Look at the people who avoid pvp like the plague (even to the point of suiciding so they don't go past 45) or the ones who solely trade/fish/farm/breed horses.

Even me, someone who has no real interest in pvp or gvg and only has 115 ap and 134 dp despite playing since launch; yet I still love this game and put time and money into it.

Also you could already skip that part of the game by, you know, buying stuff straight from marketplace upgraded already.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cause the game is fun in multiple aspects and not everyone finds enjoyment from doing the exact same thing. This game isn't made ONLY to pvp, or ONLY to grind out equipment to feel accomplished.

Look at the people who avoid pvp like the plague (even to the point of suiciding so they don't go past 45) or the ones who solely trade/fish/farm/breed horses.

Even me, someone who has no real interest in pvp or gvg and only has 115 ap and 134 dp despite playing since launch; yet I still love this game and put time and money into it.

Also you could already skip that part of the game by, you know, buying stuff straight from marketplace upgraded already.

You couldn't buy it without actually putting an effort into getting it. This game was advertised as an Open World PvP game, shouldn't be a surprise. And considering there's nothing else really worth buying that costs the amount of Silver that you'd be getting from selling cash shop items other than gear, then why would you be for it? It'd really just be gearing those up even more so who are already at soft cap for gear/levels. Everyone thinks these "No Lifes" do nothing but play the game all day and have no job or money, yet they fail to realize a large number of them spend more money on the game than everyone else. In turn they'll be the ones flooding the marketplace, going from having everything at Tri to TeT-PeN with the extra in-game silver they've obtained thus making the gear gap even larger.

Posted

Support! No lifers get real

Posted

Most if not all no-lifers have maxed out their stables/workers/invt/storage/weight/pets/anything that gave them a small advantage. They are perfectly fine with spending the money to be top and whale harder while also playing more.

The problem is when people get bored of the game but potential customers are turned away from the game. Losing players kills a game quickly. Each and every P2W tag is a giant NO to newcomers.

You whales think you are gonna catch up to the no-lifers. What a joke. The game will get more and more empty until its just whales vs whales with a bit of casuals and very inflated prices due to lack of people grinding. Also deflated cash shop prices because everyone left is a whale or cannot afford the items.

Posted

If you find it necessary to spend real $ on a game that's supposed to pose somewhat of a challenge just to get ahead of those that actually put time in, what's the point of playing? You're skipping a large aspect of the game, whether it be a huge joy or not. I work 60 hours a week and have still managed to stay ahead of the curve. If you don't have the gear/silver, then you're probably one of the people that just ----- and complain about it being to difficult all the time and never actually spend time in the game.

Some people like to build bicycles and then ride them. Some people just like to ride them and prefer to buy them prebuilt. ;-) I get your point, to a point, but even those that p2w will have to actually be good at the game to compete. Just because someone buys a bicycle prebuilt doesn't mean they're going win all the races. Judging by the other regions, they're not horribly p2w either. More like pay to get up to 90% close to the top players. You still have to put in a ton of time to get the levels and to pray to RNG to get top gear, etc.

Posted

I really don't care either way. It will not effect the way i play the game now. People will rage and quit the game if they bring it in but a lot will stay and enjoy the game.

2 people like this

Posted

After archeage Im sure most ppl wont touch a game that has p2w, and this game is not even free to play. Kakao has to come up with some new plan if they want new players, atm its just old players and their numbers are thinning steadily and even faster now

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0