• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do some companies have endless greed for money?

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

it baffles me me how some companies have million items in their item mall, get huge numbers of cash flow monthly from the many players who bought the game, bought micro transactions, and they are never satisfied, they attempt to get more and more cash, to milk their players harder and harder, despite having live examples of other companies who dont do that, and others who did it and drove their game to the end of its lifespan.

I mean, today most FREE to play games make so much money by simply selling cosmetics, yet BDO sells the game box, and on top of everything sells items for real cash (which i dont mind as long as they dont have effect on gameplay), and on top of all this cash they now want to milk us for monthly "sub-like" payments and adding gameplay effecting items to force players buy it. 

I mean, i know not every company has the Honor, and loyalty like blizzard, to keep same sub price for 10 years, never try to reach beyond the etiquette level. yes they have million games, but yet they started from scratch like everyone else, difference is, they did and still doing everything to keep their fan base happy. Companies who sell their soul to the satan to make some extra buck, like Ubisoft, like EA, like Konami, will be the all times hated, and for what? to make some extra cash RIGHT NOW, and lose your constant stable cash flow in the FUTURE? 

Never got to understand some companies, All the most successful mmorpgs out there are made by companies who respect their players, This one is not forged by the same materials unfortunately.

p.s

If some players will bring up blizzard's cash shop, i will say this: First you build yourself a reputation, after few years when you have a stable loyal fanbase, you can add in extras without angering too many of them. You are one company who wants to make money, we are your money, but we have many other options, will you respect us, or milk us is the deciding factor whether we stick around or move to the next one.

Edited by TRON
1 person likes this

Posted

Could not agree more, well said :)

Posted

It's almost like they're some kinda for-profit business or something.

The nerve of these for-profit businesses trying to make profit off it's customers.  I mean who could have forseen that a for-profit business would resort to going after additional profits while offering players a chance at cash shop items they normally don't have.  It's almost like they were trying to create some sort of "everyone wins" scenario where they make money, sellers make silver, and buyers get cash shop items.  The NERVE of those for-profit businesses.

Posted

...to force players buy it. 

Where does the "force players to buy it" part come into play?

Posted (edited)

The nerve of these for-profit businesses trying to make profit off it's customers.  I mean who could have forseen that a for-profit business would resort to going after additional profits while offering players a chance at cash shop items they normally don't have.  It's almost like they were trying to create some sort of "everyone wins" scenario where they make money, sellers make silver, and buyers get cash shop items.  The NERVE of those for-profit businesses.

Actually, have you thought about that sometimes asking for more money can be a bad business decision that will result in less profits on the long run?

> No one is debating whether Daum/Pearl/Kakao/Whoever should be for profit or not. Milking people is a different subject though.

Edited by Erion

Posted

When you grow up and get a real job remember your mind set.  Remember to tell your new bosses that you don't need full pay you can get buy on a few hundred a week.  You are not greedy and always satisfied.  I think you need to look up the definition of business and charity, 

I find it interesting that you accuse them of greed because you don't want to spend your own money.

Maybe a spot of Beautiful Unique Snowflake Syndrome?

1 person likes this

Posted

horrible narrowminded shortsighted businessmen that are too lazy to objectively be a part of their own community in order to understand it better

disgraceful  

Posted

Actually, have you thought about that sometimes asking for more money can be a bad business decision that will result in less profits on the long run?

Actually, have you thought about the actual net effect of these changes and how they will actually impact your game play?  That, realistically, maybe 1% of the game population can realistically afford to drop $150 a week on cash shop costumes to sell and that 1% of that population having additional money doesn't increase their levels any quicker without having to grind, doesn't remove the horrendously high RNG of getting +19/20, doesn't make any boss equipment drop any faster (94 Bheg gloves registered on Orwen since they came out), and in sum total will likely have minimal to no impact on the average day to day of each player other than give access to cash shop items that players who previously couldn't afford them now have access to them?  The grinder who couldn't afford pets and couldn't keep up with looting at Sausans?  The guy who wanted 10% more XP to grind with a costume?

Posted

Profits are made, oh profits are hella made, but theres a distinct difference between the need to make profits, and the need to show your ugly and greedy side and attempt to make even more profits at the cost of your player base happiness and loyalty, ESPECIALLY when you go against your own wordthat you gave.

Posted

Do any of you work for free?

is your internet free?

was your computer free?

is your hydro free?

unless you live at home or are a lotto winner I am guessing not, money is how it gets done. and Games even BDO needs it to continue, leaseweb is not cheap for the server needs of this, looking 10k + a month for a small commercial server ( called using my company as a reference )

anyhow I may not agree with alot of the changes but I like the game so I adapt 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

When you grow up and get a real job remember your mind set.  Remember to tell your new bosses that you don't need full pay you can get buy on a few hundred a week.  You are not greedy and always satisfied.  I think you need to look up the definition of business and charity, 

I find it interesting that you accuse them of greed because you don't want to spend your own money.

Maybe a spot of Beautiful Unique Snowflake Syndrome?

All i see here is blind subjective comment made only to anger the other side. you dont know me, dont attempt to say facts about me you know nothing about.

Next time think about whatever you decide to comment about, not to make yourself look like a corporate sheep.

Edited by TRON

Posted

it baffles me me how some companies have million items in their item mall, get huge numbers of cash flow monthly from the many players who bought the game, bought micro transactions, and they are never satisfied, they attempt to get more and more cash, to milk their players harder and harder, despite having live examples of other companies who dont do that, and others who did it and drove their game to the end of its lifespan.

I mean, today most FREE to play games make so much money by simply selling cosmetics, yet BDO sells the game box, and on top of everything sells items for real cash (which i dont mind as long as they dont have effect on gameplay), and on top of all this cash they now want to milk us for monthly "sub-like" payments and adding gameplay effecting items to force players buy it. 

I mean, i know not every company has the Honor, and loyalty like blizzard, to keep same sub price for 10 years, never try to reach beyond the etiquette level. yes they have million games, but yet they started from scratch like everyone else, difference is, they did and still doing everything to keep their fan base happy. Companies who sell their soul to the satan to make some extra buck, like Ubisoft, like EA, like Konami, will be the all times hated, and for what? to make some extra cash RIGHT NOW, and lose your constant stable cash flow in the FUTURE? 

Never got to understand some companies, All the most successful mmorpgs out there are made by companies who respect their players, This one is not forged by the same materials unfortunately.

p.s

If some players will bring up blizzard's cash shop, i will say this: First you build yourself a reputation, after few years when you have a stable loyal fanbase, you can add in extras without angering too many of them. You are one company who wants to make money, we are your money, but we have many other options, will you respect us, or milk us is the deciding factor whether we stick around or move to the next one.

It makes me cringe the amount of jobless players playing BDO.

Posted

Actually, have you thought about the actual net effect of these changes and how they will actually impact your game play?  That, realistically, maybe 1% of the game population can realistically afford to drop $150 a week on cash shop costumes to sell and that 1% of that population having additional money doesn't increase their levels any quicker without having to grind, doesn't remove the horrendously high RNG of getting +19/20, doesn't make any boss equipment drop any faster (94 Bheg gloves registered on Orwen since they came out), and in sum total will likely have minimal to no impact on the average day to day of each player other than give access to cash shop items that players who previously couldn't afford them now have access to them?  The grinder who couldn't afford pets and couldn't keep up with looting at Sausans?  The guy who wanted 10% more XP to grind with a costume?

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not against this "p2w" whatsoever.
I'm a casual player, I don't want to win, I want to have fun, therefore I don't give a flying ----- about who wins what and how.

However them following a f2p business model while the game is a pay to play game, breaking all their promises and undermining any trust between the community and the company is a serious issue. You can argue for or against p2w mechanics, but you can't argue that their communication is right or that they are valuing you in any sense.

Being looked at as a money bag hurts my pride, thats it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Profits are made, oh profits are hella made, but theres a distinct difference between the need to make profits, and the need to show your ugly and greedy side and attempt to make even more profits at the cost of your player base happiness and loyalty, ESPECIALLY when you go against your own wordthat you gave.

Why is this myth of them swearing on the bible and the quran and the seven pointed star and a weirwood tree that they'd never do this? Seriously. They said it in big bold bright colored letters that selling cash shop items on the market wasn't possible NOW and discussing the fact that it might be a thing in the future. Right there in the same post people are using as "evidence" that they "promised to never do this!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111".

As for the rest of your retardation, it's a business. It's there to make money. They aren't holding a gun to your head. A good business is constantly finding new ways to make money, because that's WHY THEY EXIST. Offering things for sale =/= forcing you to buy them. Please shutup now.

Posted

it baffles me me how some companies have million items in their item mall, get huge numbers of cash flow monthly from the many players who bought the game, bought micro transactions, and they are never satisfied,

Hey, why are you here on the forums complaining and not protesting about Apple, Shell, Walmart, Microsoft? The 60s are over, the hippies lost; sorry. 

Posted

Business it to make money, not charity. 

The changes Daum, Kakao, Chocolate or whatever they keep changing their names into these days, made in the past month are very disappointing and were unneccesary.

Value Pack was a huge kick in the butt for the community, but ok, we can live with that. Majority of the community was angry, so what do they do? Exactly, let's add even more P2W elements, since that is what the community has been against even before these forums launched, then they kept repeating in the alpha forums, and they keep repeating it today - community feedback matters.... not so much.

Just throw in all the P2W crap at once and stop disappointing us on a weekly basis, or listen to the community for once.
Why is the forum still free for all when there have been countless requests to limit it to paid accounts only? Busted exploiters are still roaming around freely, since apparently video evidence is not enough and checking logs is too hard.

When a patient customer like myself loses his nerve, then you know you messed up big time.

Posted

How much profits?  How much is their operating costs compared to the money they take in currently?

You speak of these things, but you actually have no -----ing clue what you're talking about.  You have no numbers to back up your statement.  For all you know they could be operating at a loss currently in the NA/EU markets.

Anytime a company wants to find additional ways to make money people will always rage.  It happened when the MMO Subscription raised from $10 to $15 which happened because of that precious WOW title you seem to ignorantly claim built the loyalty of it's subscribers first when, in fact, a large number of MMO gamers at it's launch also refused to play it because of Blizzard's "Greed."  Of course MMO Yougins like yourself don't remember that, do you.

All you people are the same.  People, outraged at subscription prices and the lack of quality in MMO games, quit MMO games in droves in protest over shitty games with $15 subscriptions.  Guess what: F2P was the answer businesses came up with.  You're to blame for your shitty non-adaptive and non-compromising attitudes that encourage businesses to adopt ever more predatory business strategies to drain you of as much cash as they can in as little time as they can.

1 person likes this

Posted

Business it to make money, not charity. 

The changes Daum, Kakao, Chocolate or whatever they keep changing their names into these days, made in the past month are very disappointing and were unneccesary.

Value Pack was a huge kick in the butt for the community, but ok, we can live with that. Majority of the community was angry, so what do they do? Exactly, let's add even more P2W elements, since that is what the community has been against even before these forums launched, then they kept repeating in the alpha forums, and they keep repeating it today - community feedback matters.... not so much.

Just throw in all the P2W crap at once and stop disappointing us on a weekly basis, or listen to the community for once.
Why is the forum still free for all when there have been countless requests to limit it to paid accounts only? Busted exploiters are still roaming around freely, since apparently video evidence is not enough and checking logs is too hard.

When a patient customer like myself loses his nerve, then you know you messed up big time.

Its true, in my opinon, what was their first mistake, and i think you'd agree with me because we were discussing this months ago is: They rushed content way too fast for the players base without letting them the chance to settle down, The big first update was unwelcome and came at a point where players were slowly reaching for their goals in terms of items, bosses, professions etc, suddenly this update came and made this entire effort completely and utterly pointless.  Adding new levels, new items, new +'s, new maps, which i know for a fact seeing the numbers made a lot of players to stop caring anymore. 

Posted

How much profits?  How much is their operating costs compared to the money they take in currently?
You speak of these things, but you actually have no -----ing clue what you're talking about.  You have no numbers to back up your statement.  For all you know they could be operating at a loss currently in the NA/EU markets.

Anytime a company wants to find additional ways to make money people will always rage.  It happened when the MMO Subscription raised from $10 to $15 which happened because of that precious WOW title you seem to ignorantly claim built the loyalty of it's subscribers first when, in fact, a large number of MMO gamers at it's launch also refused to play it because of Blizzard's "Greed."  Of course MMO Yougins like yourself don't remember that, do you.

All you people are the same.  People, outraged at subscription prices and the lack of quality in MMO games, quit MMO games in droves in protest over shitty games with $15 subscriptions.  Guess what: F2P was the answer businesses came up with.  You're to blame for your shitty non-adaptive and non-compromising attitudes that encourage businesses to adopt ever more predatory business strategies to drain you of as much cash as they can in as little time as they can.

Watch this: 

2 people like this

Posted

It makes me cringe the amount of jobless players playing BDO.

As often as you've been posting, I'm just going to assume that you're a kid who has yet to go back to school.

1 person likes this

Posted

Watch this: 

Yes, yes everyone likes to trot out this little video every time.  However let me point out a few things:

1. Even in that video they always talk a bout having cash shop purchases that don't leave you feeling bad.  Big example they're talking about is having RNG in the cash shop like with cash shop lockboxes where you can spend X amount of dollars but don't actually get what you want.  That leaves you with a negative feeling.

2. They also talk about an item where a player buys it, and others benefit from it.  This is literally what Kakao is adding to the game with the new cash shop purchases.  Kakao makes money from the purchaser.  The purchaser makes silver.  The person buying the item from the purchaser gets an item they want for their silver.  Everyone wins, except some tinfoil paranoid no lifer who claims that suddenly because a person now got a bit of money they're suddenly going to instantly win against them in PvP and invalidate the countless hours they've spent grinding (which the purchaser would have to do regardless for levels).

Maybe it's YOU who should watch that video and understand that cash shops aren't inherently bad and necessary for games to function in certain business models.

Posted

Do any of you work for free?

is your internet free?

was your computer free?

is your hydro free?

unless you live at home or are a lotto winner I am guessing not, money is how it gets done. and Games even BDO needs it to continue, leaseweb is not cheap for the server needs of this, looking 10k + a month for a small commercial server ( called using my company as a reference )

anyhow I may not agree with alot of the changes but I like the game so I adapt 

Where else would we live other than "Home"?

Posted

You speak as if their costs only increased since launch, and suddenly they are in need of more cash in order to operate????????

Ever since launch, they added a million items into the cash shop, their community was cut in 70%, mostly paying players stayed who keep paying, so what do we have here?

Money made from box sells: 

Money made from preorders: 

Money made from item mall items ✔

Stable income from paying player base: 

Reduction in cost due to smaller player bade: ✔

More items added for increased cash flow: ✔

Development of their biggest update completed: 

Further development of big patches required: ??

What we have here is: more income, less outcome= more profits. 

Point me to the section that shows why do they need to MILK us monthly sub base game effecting microtransactions items instead of simply keep adding cosmetics and sub-important items that save you time and such? 

Posted

As often as you've been posting, I'm just going to assume that you're a kid who has yet to go back to school.

sorry you are still leeching of your parents.

Posted (edited)

You speak as if their costs only increased since launch, and suddenly they are in need of more cash in order to operate????????

Actually I don't speak of their costs at all.  I'm asking you, who seem to claim to be an expert on how much money they've made, to show their operating costs and how much profit they've made.  Because if you cant' do that, then you're talking out of your ass and actually have no idea what you're talking about.  If you can't establish how much profit they're making, then that undermines the fact that you have no factual basis in which you call them "greedy." 

Essentially I'm saying: Prove it or stop talking out of your ass.  And since, realistically, we both know you're incapable of proving it other than some armchair theories on what they've sold and how much profit that "should" make them (lol like there's any factual basis to that) that amounts to telling you to sit down, shut up and come back when you have something factual to say.

Edited by Kodiak

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0