• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why do some companies have endless greed for money?

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Where else would we live other than "Home"?

I meant with Mom and Dad(for free)

, vers on your own......

Edited by piratebeowolf

Posted

umm lets see cause the server dev costs parying copyrights so your allowed to keep updateing black desert to the origional kr publishers.

So you people that think this game can run on scraps yet demand improvements like a better server need to wake up nothing irl is free...

PAY 2 LIVE

Posted (edited)

Its true, in my opinon, what was their first mistake, and i think you'd agree with me because we were discussing this months ago is: They rushed content way too fast for the players base without letting them the chance to settle down, The big first update was unwelcome and came at a point where players were slowly reaching for their goals in terms of items, bosses, professions etc, suddenly this update came and made this entire effort completely and utterly pointless.  Adding new levels, new items, new +'s, new maps, which i know for a fact seeing the numbers made a lot of players to stop caring anymore. 

True. They rushed 'content' too fast, but left key features (Node Wars etc.) out for too long. Everyone expected Node Wars to come a month after release, or 2 months at most.

The good old "vanilla" BDO was the one I enjoyed the most. Mediah onwards was and still is crap. Considering the only reason you see people in Valencia is for afk shoveling shows how much lack of sense their updates make in "their own" version of the game.

Community feedback is being ignored, except the worst parts which the majority does not want (like this upcoming P2W change). Apparently they read the forums, but reading is not the same as understanding.

umm lets see cause the server dev costs parying copyrights so your allowed to keep updateing black desert to the origional kr publishers.

So you people that think this game can run on scraps yet demand improvements like a better server need to wake up nothing irl is free...

PAY 2 LIVE

Licencing fees, server upkeep and staff salaries are most likely paid off by the monthly cash shop revenue alone. The revenue might even exceed the monthly cost, because if it didn't they would have already shut the game down since it is not paying off. 

Pre-Orders alone covered the bills for the next few years, there is no need to ask for more money since they are already making more than enough.

Edited by FliP
1 person likes this

Posted

I like how in the modern day everything is considered okay as long as you make more profit.

Loving this world we live in.

Posted

Yes, yes everyone likes to trot out this little video every time.  However let me point out a few things:

1. Even in that video they always talk a bout having cash shop purchases that don't leave you feeling bad.  Big example they're talking about is having RNG in the cash shop like with cash shop lockboxes where you can spend X amount of dollars but don't actually get what you want.  That leaves you with a negative feeling.

2. They also talk about an item where a player buys it, and others benefit from it.  This is literally what Kakao is adding to the game with the new cash shop purchases.  Kakao makes money from the purchaser.  The purchaser makes silver.  The person buying the item from the purchaser gets an item they want for their silver.  Everyone wins, except some tinfoil paranoid no lifer who claims that suddenly because a person now got a bit of money they're suddenly going to instantly win against them in PvP and invalidate the countless hours they've spent grinding (which the purchaser would have to do regardless for levels).

Maybe it's YOU who should watch that video and understand that cash shops aren't inherently bad and necessary for games to function in certain business models.

I think you managed to misunderstand the entire point of the video...
But hey, everyone has to have their own opinion. Just don't presume that yours is more valid than others :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I stopped at "force players to buy "

If your will is too weak, it's a problem of yours. I can live without maids or costumes.

Posted

I think you managed to misunderstand the entire point of the video...But hey, everyone has to have their own opinion. Just don't presume that yours is more valid than others :)

If the facts don't back up your opinions then your opinions can be invalid.

Posted

sorry you are still leeching of your parents.

And judging by your grammar I think you proved my point. Just for future reference, You're* off*. Can't even get an original comeback, try to take what I just said and use it against me. Nice try kid.

Posted

And judging by your grammar I think you proved my point. Just for future reference, You're* off*. Can't even get an original comeback, try to take what I just said and use it against me. Nice try kid.

nice try kid? You are the one crying about p2w, feelsgood having money. Thank God Kakao direction is changing towards the people with jobs and not the jobless like you.

Posted

nice try kid? You are the one crying about p2w, feelsgood having money. Thank God Kakao direction is changing towards the people with jobs and not the jobless like you.

^ says the kid who never had a job in his life and doesn't value his hard earned money

kek

Posted

You're a funny kid, keep making me laugh kid. Sorry that you have to sneak into your mom's purse for her credit card.

Posted

it baffles me me how some companies have million items in their item mall, get huge numbers of cash flow monthly from the many players who bought the game, bought micro transactions, and they are never satisfied, they attempt to get more and more cash, to milk their players harder and harder, despite having live examples of other companies who dont do that, and others who did it and drove their game to the end of its lifespan.

I mean, today most FREE to play games make so much money by simply selling cosmetics, yet BDO sells the game box, and on top of everything sells items for real cash (which i dont mind as long as they dont have effect on gameplay), and on top of all this cash they now want to milk us for monthly "sub-like" payments and adding gameplay effecting items to force players buy it. 

I mean, i know not every company has the Honor, and loyalty like blizzard, to keep same sub price for 10 years, never try to reach beyond the etiquette level. yes they have million games, but yet they started from scratch like everyone else, difference is, they did and still doing everything to keep their fan base happy. Companies who sell their soul to the satan to make some extra buck, like Ubisoft, like EA, like Konami, will be the all times hated, and for what? to make some extra cash RIGHT NOW, and lose your constant stable cash flow in the FUTURE? 

Never got to understand some companies, All the most successful mmorpgs out there are made by companies who respect their players, This one is not forged by the same materials unfortunately.

p.s

If some players will bring up blizzard's cash shop, i will say this: First you build yourself a reputation, after few years when you have a stable loyal fanbase, you can add in extras without angering too many of them. You are one company who wants to make money, we are your money, but we have many other options, will you respect us, or milk us is the deciding factor whether we stick around or move to the next one.

Although I will admit that these companies can be overly greedy, that's kinda the point. If you own a company you want to make as much profit as possible. It's up to the owner of said company to decide how to attain that. They can either grow a loyal customer base over an extended period of time, or they can make a quick buck, close up shop and move on.

But don't fool yourself, every company out there's sole purpose is to milk as much out of you as they can. It's up to you, the consumer, to decide if they've earned your hard earned funds or not. And in the end, that will be the determining factor of how well a company does.

BDO isn't going anywhere. The whales will keep it afloat for quite some time to come, as it doesn't take much to keep the servers running. I wouldn't be surprised however, if in a month or two they announce a restructure and/or the removal or merger of multiple servers.

Posted

They need the money quick so they can buy cokes and hookers.
They themself know best that they won't last the next 2 years, so might aswell grab as much and run with it while they can.

Posted

Cya when the P2W comes next week.  Please don't destroy your gear, I am looking to buy some TET accessories and would like to skip the RNG factor. 

Bye jobless :D

Posted

If people weren't buying stuff in the cash shop, If people weren't willing to buy stuff In the cash shop, they wouldn't be selling stuff in the cash shop.

Have you ever bought a bottle of water? How greedy can beverage companies be that they sell you something you can get for fractions of a penny at home? Something you are already paying for anyways. You can even buy reusable containers for next to nothing. Run that water thru a filtration system, which you really should be doing, and bottle your own water.

The problem isn't the greedy companies, it's the people willing to throw their money away.

You can blame the companies all you want but it's the consumers who drive the economy and make stuff like this happen.

Posted (edited)

it baffles me me how some companies have million items in their item mall, get huge numbers of cash flow monthly from the many players who bought the game, bought micro transactions, and they are never satisfied, they attempt to get more and more cash, to milk their players harder and harder, despite having live examples of other companies who dont do that, and others who did it and drove their game to the end of its lifespan.

I mean, today most FREE to play games make so much money by simply selling cosmetics, yet BDO sells the game box, and on top of everything sells items for real cash (which i dont mind as long as they dont have effect on gameplay), and on top of all this cash they now want to milk us for monthly "sub-like" payments and adding gameplay effecting items to force players buy it. 

I mean, i know not every company has the Honor, and loyalty like blizzard, to keep same sub price for 10 years, never try to reach beyond the etiquette level. yes they have million games, but yet they started from scratch like everyone else, difference is, they did and still doing everything to keep their fan base happy. Companies who sell their soul to the satan to make some extra buck, like Ubisoft, like EA, like Konami, will be the all times hated, and for what? to make some extra cash RIGHT NOW, and lose your constant stable cash flow in the FUTURE? 

Never got to understand some companies, All the most successful mmorpgs out there are made by companies who respect their players, This one is not forged by the same materials unfortunately.

p.s

If some players will bring up blizzard's cash shop, i will say this: First you build yourself a reputation, after few years when you have a stable loyal fanbase, you can add in extras without angering too many of them. You are one company who wants to make money, we are your money, but we have many other options, will you respect us, or milk us is the deciding factor whether we stick around or move to the next one.

Here is the most basic and simple answer to your thread title:

Because they are legally obligated to.  You clearly do not understand business - they have a LEGAL OBLIGATION to make money for their investors/shareholders and if they make decisions which go against that (such as not being p2w) they CAN BE SUED by their shareholders for failing in their fiduciary duty.  [Deleted]

[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Edited by p0hil
[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Posted

Cya when the P2W comes next week.  Please don't destroy your gear, I am looking to buy some TET accessories and would like to skip the RNG factor. 

Bye jobless :D

Why you so mad kid, go back to school kid, you jobless kid, get a life kid.

Posted

Its called Capitalism.  Welcome to a free market. 

Posted (edited)

When you grow up and get a real job remember your mind set.  Remember to tell your new bosses that you don't need full pay you can get buy on a few hundred a week.  You are not greedy and always satisfied.  I think you need to look up the definition of business and charity, 

I find it interesting that you accuse them of greed because you don't want to spend your own money.

Maybe a spot of Beautiful Unique Snowflake Syndrome?

Completely different matter. Apples and oranges. We are talking about MULTI MILLION company that have MORE than it should, and STILL wanting more. GREED is not business, either. 

Edited by Skaven Zverov

Posted (edited)

Although I will admit that these companies can be overly greedy, that's kinda the point. If you own a company you want to make as much profit as possible. It's up to the owner of said company to decide how to attain that. They can either grow a loyal customer base over an extended period of time, or they can make a quick buck, close up shop and move on.

But don't fool yourself, every company out there's sole purpose is to milk as much out of you as they can. It's up to you, the consumer, to decide if they've earned your hard earned funds or not. And in the end, that will be the determining factor of how well a company does.

BDO isn't going anywhere. The whales will keep it afloat for quite some time to come, as it doesn't take much to keep the servers running. I wouldn't be surprised however, if in a month or two they announce a restructure and/or the removal or merger of multiple servers.

Thanks for your 2cents on the matter. agree with you.

Edited by TRON

Posted

The root of all of this evil is the gear dependency in PVP combined with the money/time sink with RNG to get the gear.  Ease up the grind and the P2W bad juju feeling goes away.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0