• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PM_Jouska updated the In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items with this statement

42 posts in this topic

Posted

@PM_Jouska

"For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items." 

Call me rude but that's plain hypocrisy and an insult to your customer's intelligence.

A few months back you said it yourself in a statement that you\PA understood very well that the western community didn't want any sort of Pay 2 Win and was very wary of balance issues.

Can you even make that sort of announcement with a straight face?

Do forgive me for losing my patience but if you had put money into a product that gets completely changed in a negative way in less than 6 months, I'm quite certain you wouldn't be happy either.

1 person likes this

Posted

and you can stop trying so hard and quit the game now, so i can have more grinding spots?

it's ironic how the mob of people like you are doing the same thing...........

Posted

Grinding is an intgeral part of this game, you should not be able to beat a player who has hundreds of hours of grinding because you 'dont want to utilise this feature' and would rather dual wield credit cards

That is your opinion and as valid as any however, I place a much higher value on careers/occupations and family commitments than I do on the ability to mash keys or click a mouse all day and if time constrained players wish to spend a small percentage of their hard earnt income for returns ingame or wherever they wish, then goodluck to them. I certainly don't begrudge them the ability to do so. 

Posted

lmao, people preferring those features, looks like jouska is blind or successfully avoids bdo's forums, or both

sinking ship

I am certain he was referring to the other regions in his statement; so no, he is not blind – perhaps you are though?

@PM_Jouska

"For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items." 

Call me rude but that's plain hypocrisy and an insult to your customer's intelligence.

A few months back you said it yourself in a statement that you\PA understood very well that the western community didn't want any sort of Pay 2 Win and was very wary of balance issues.

Can you even make that sort of announcement with a straight face?

Do forgive me for losing my patience but if you had put money into a product that gets completely changed in a negative way in less than 6 months, I'm quite certain you wouldn't be happy either.

I do not believe you know what hypocrisy means.

Posted

Why was BDO buy to play in the start instead of F2P like other regions?

Simple reason really, people will/had bought it. It's all about the money whether you like it or not. They earned millions of dollars with the initial game price which could had been lost if they followed Russia and Korea.

Posted (edited)

Doesnt affect TERA online, new players enter the game all the time. After all we BOUGHT the game we SHOULD get a permanent bonus if it goes free to play.

actually they can just have a "re launch" party and say the game is launching as F2P and that previous purchases weren't actually for the game but the right to play the game during that time.  It already says something to this effect in the tos/eula.

Why was BDO buy to play in the start instead of F2P like other regions?

Simple reason really, people will/had bought it. It's all about the money whether you like it or not. They earned millions of dollars with the initial game price which could had been lost if they followed Russia and Korea.

koreans typically look at western markets as cashgrab territory

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted

actually they can just have a "re launch" party and say the game is launching as F2P and that previous purchases weren't actually for the game but the right to play the game during that time.  It already says something to this effect in the tos/eula.

koreans typically look at western markets as cashgrab territory

I have to agree with you fully on both. I expected the f2p transition early next year.

Posted

@PM_Jouska you've updated your post and said "For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items." 

Did they prefer not buying the game, but rather getting it for free?

Just a honest question.

I understand B2P is not a long term solution, but you cannot come and say thing like these. They can be interpreted as "we don't care". Find alternative solutions, add F2P with subscription, but don't push P2W and say the other regions prefer it because they did not pay for the original product.

We prefer not to have P2W.

Do you enjoy all the catch up mechanisms you have gotten in this game that Korea did not get such as exp weekends, black stone weekends, golden shit weekend, free dlc, value packs, horses, pets and other crap you did not have to purchase?

Hopefully this game goes F2P soon so we can get even more people playing it.

Posted (edited)

I hope this game will become F2P this month or next month :( Truly say, I love this game but "there's some reason that i can't buy it which I can't tell" that's all.  

I played Vindictus Europe for several years and I realize that F2P isn't always P2W, P2W or not, it's not depended on publish model, it's depended on their publisher, I already saw a P2P game which is also P2W, and now, this B2P game too, since a lot of players are crying about its cash shop.

No, B2P or P2P is already a P2W way, which Free players can't access the game and can't do anything, since Pay players just give their money to show Free players "Oh, look, you poor, kid, go back  to school or find a job"

In Vindictus Europe, I'm now be on top of the server, and also a lot of player, which DIDN'T pay any real money, just enjoy the game for free times, then get rares, then buy cash items from Pay players and win against them.

Edited by Daric Nguyen

Posted

is there a way to get refund? i didnt buy a P2W game...

Posted

is there a way to get refund? i didnt buy a P2W game...

Maybe, but your account will be banned. 2 months ago I would have said yes since daum was not even replying to reverse charges. I am guessing they were swamped with work since it was taking days and in cases weeks to ban accounts after they charged back. If Kakao contests you could lose.

1 person likes this

Posted

B2P was primarily to rid the game of gold spammers, since they arent so widespread in Korea, and Japan MMOs compared to EU/NA

Posted

WE go B2P Model becouse western market dont embrace p2w model very well ........................

Peps pref. P2w model in kr , ru , jp  let them have it  they are F2p since u lied from begin u should refund peps who wanna get refund

Just get the ballz and say fk u all we go p2w if u like it good if not we dont care ( dont try to excuse yourself )

Posted

lmao, people preferring those features, looks like jouska is blind or successfully avoids bdo's forums, or both

sinking ship

I'm not a CM stalker like some people so I dont know a single thing about Jouska other than he played the Korean version an it stops at that.

He has a choice: either do his job, whatever the company wants him to do or quit. Realistically you'd be crazy to quit, if he disagrees with the decision. Considering he's just been promoted too. Principles dont pay the bills.

Every time I hear these PR excuses it reminds me of Trion Worlds.

They seemingly get these great people in positions but in a few months time they're sucked into the vacuum of lies and deceit, towing the indefensible company line.

Trion Worlds: where careers go to die.

Daum EU or whatever name they are hiding behind today went sour so much faster. Greed people. It's bad.

Posted (edited)

I have to agree with you fully on both. I expected the f2p transition early next year.

The following is just an opinion based on my interpretation of F2P and P2W from a general view, and does not intend to represent facts, the truth, BDO, its publishers, or its developers.

The success of a company depends entirely on how hard they make it to dispell the illusion that you're spending money on material goods and not immaterial services that can evaporate at any time. That there is an Illusion is not good or bad, as you are paying for services and fun is for the mind what food is for the body, so as long as you are having fun and you feel that fun would be complimented by spending money.

IWhen a company dispells their own illusion and reminds people they are not purchasing material goods but services that can end at any time on any whim, This makes people mad because they spend money to compliment their time investment, and then they are told their monetary investment is worth nothing which then invalidates and undermines their time investment.  This causes an erosion of trust, people become cynical, the fun and happiness stops, and they move on to the next street corner looking for a better magician, hoping to once again forget about this harsh reality.

From here it gets into political, business, and psychological analysis, but I'll give you the TL;DR:  "Games" which use an operant conditioning strategy, or "Fun Gating" to be more descriptive, should be illegal because they're predatory in nature, and in some cases can contribute to the exportation of wealth from a country via those with unsatisfying living and working conditions. This includes welfare recipients who in turn export taxpayer dollars, in all cases regardless of financial income, the game can be considered as a legal drug that simulates the feelings of success for money.

Free to play? More like working for free. Pay to win? More like pay to work less. The real question is- can you put it on a CV?

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted

They definitely were NOT pursuing the argument that "NA/EU people accept it because the other regions did so and the other regions think its good so do you." What their true intention I think is to convey the idea that "this mechianic is NOT NA/EU specific, NOT novel, NOT unreasonable, as this has happened in other regions".

What the CMs really need, is to do some better PR work. That's it. People are easily misled, easily affected, and easily motivated.
See how the riots go in forums and in game? Changing logo/profile pic to protest?
It's like giving the angry emoji to the facebook page that you dont like.

I'm not saying you cannot do so. But you are acting like an unhelping childlike people.
Please, be constructive. We need constructive feedback to help building the game NOT some childlike destructive behaviours just to get support and attention.

You may ask what constructive means?
It means first don't try to get your voice through. This is a company NOT your personal property.
A company needs a whole lot to consider, namely revenue.
Simply raging about the newly proposed mechanic  is NOT helping.
Relying on some speculative premises (eg KR marketplace prices of costume sets) is NOT helping.

We NA/EU are still in the pre-implemented stage. We can still affect the implementation NOT simply by raging to stop it from happening.
IF something is happening, a constructive way is to make this thing come into harmony.
For example, to NOT destroy the economy , the CS-trade should NOT be a substantial way/major way of making silver.
The express intention of bringing this is to allow silver-paying CS items.
The  impact which they know of, is p2w accusation.
What they need is to minimise the p2w effect, NOT simply taking back the mechanic but to think of some detailed way to regulate the silver flow.

Posted

Please, be constructive. We need constructive feedback to help building the game NOT some childlike destructive behaviours just to get support and attention.

Daum is now part of kakao gaming division. Currently Kakao is using their gaming subsideries to support their core businesses that are not profitable yet. Without massive bad press or losing a huge % of revenue or players, kakao wont ever notice a little noise from an obscure forum/game.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0