• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Some History of Kakao Game's Stance on P2W

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I still don't get what is the big deal with selling cash shops items on marker. We don't even know how it'll turn out. We can't see the future nor predict it. They even said they'll be control mechanisms to prevent a P2W aspects; They'll limit the cash shop items somehow. Please, stop with all this nonsense once for all and wait until they update, then you might judge. I'm pretty sure that they'll  make a pretty good job with limiting it.

This is a unique case because we can see the future and predict it. They are moving towards having a 1:1 parity with KR. We know exactly how it will end up, and KR is full, no holding back p2w. 

Posted

So give us the Russion option to avoid the P2W and play on a server without the possibility to sell cash shop items, can't be that hard to set up if they care about customers that thought it would be a B2P game.

People that think this new change can play on one server and the rest on the other and we never have to face someone that we think payed their way to the top. 

It's just a dream. Russian P2P server went P2W a month or so after release, according to Russian streamer.

Posted

the p2w crowd will always win companies are greedy thats all there is to it they will make the game more and more p2w and then all the trolls get tired of spending money they will all leave to ruin another game

Posted

I'm so tired of the "we don't know how it'll turn out" argument. I've used it myself. Daum comes out with some bull new slightly p2w feature and we back down because we don't know how it'll turn out? We've backed down too much and they're just doing whatever they want thoroughly destroying the integrity of BDO.

Nobody should back down until they cancel this plan or explain in detail what the price limits will be. (We all know they be KR standard 50-95m per)

This^! If Devoire's *coughs* i mean Jouska's post would have said "and we limit the max value per Costume to 30M , pet 12M, value pack 35M (30Day version) and so on"
Than ppl can start doing some assumptions but seeing it as a korean vet it's just as i expected it to be blatant bait n switch as with an corean game release in the past 3-4 years.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is a unique case because we can see the future and predict it. They are moving towards having a 1:1 parity with KR. We know exactly how it will end up, and KR is full, no holding back p2w. 

You can't see no darn future nor predict it lmao. By the time you said that, you make yourself look like a clown.

Posted

You can't see no darn future nor predict it lmao. By the time you said that, you make yourself look like a clown.

And by the time you try to justify how no one can predict the future while one can clearly watch it on the KR version you make yourself look like a fool.
hate to break it to you really.. but it's the same publisher as KR with the same intentions of milking the casual/whale/mobile player crowd if you seriously can't see how this is going to play out, well... you know..? It's gonna hurt when it happens by maybe then ppl will learn~

Posted

Take a very close look at every single change they have implemented, every single business decision they have made, with *all* regions. It is incredibly clear they are moving towards 1:1 parity. We are even getting Awakening balance patches without awakenings. We got the same exp changes, and now we are moving into the exact same cash shop items. You call me a clown... but seriously. Look through it yourself. It's incredibly easy to see what their business strategy is.

Posted

And by the time you try to justify how no one can predict the future while one can clearly watch it on the KR version you make yourself look like a fool.hate to break it to you really.. but it's the same publisher as KR with the same intentions of milking the casual/whale/mobile player crowd if you seriously can't see how this is going to play out, well... you know..? It's gonna hurt when it happens by maybe then ppl will learn~

Ok teacher. If the teacher says so I has to be right, there's no doubting.

Take a very close look at every single change they have implemented, every single business decision they have made, with *all* regions. It is incredibly clear they are moving towards 1:1 parity. We are even getting Awakening balance patches without awakenings. We got the same exp changes, and now we are moving into the exact same cash shop items. You call me a clown... but seriously. Look through it yourself. It's incredibly easy to see what their business strategy is.

Right. Thanks for opening my eyes. I'll go sell predictions on the streets right now and make profit. I hope I become rich soon.

Posted

Star Trek Online is still alive today after 6 years, because it switched to F2P.

It's a zombified carcass. All the broken promises and plain lies from Cryptic/PW makes Daum/Kakao look like saints. Still, the genre has practically no competition and the game can be occasionally fun.