• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You worked for your gear? Ummm No. But I did WORK for my money!

124 posts in this topic

Posted

au contraire.  this IS life, son!  we who have money get what we want.  the bloody peasants, nothing.

There's plenty of P2W game examples out there and there's also plenty of non-P2W examples out there. Both models seem to work in the industry but whether you want to pay your way up to success is entirely a personal matter. BDO being currently a mostly non-P2W game, I'm campaigning to keep the status quo. It's an entirely subjective choice.

I'm trying to articulate why non-P2W games are more appealing to me but peoples motivations are so varied that we're obviously not going to arrive at a consensus. So let's leave it at that: some people prefer P2W mechanics while others prefer non-P2W mechanics.

1 person likes this

Posted

this post is still here ?

I though CMs and mods were working hard on getting rid of troll and bait posts...

funny...

Posted

Of course he can spend his money on what he wants, no one is disputing that lol. What they are disputing is that power=money. People play video games to not have to worry about that. MMO's were designed with TIME being the main factor, not how much money you had irl. 

MMO's were designed to make money and to continue making more money, anything else is secondary and people need to come down off their clouds and face reality. Noone designed this game so any consumer could have entertainment without cost, the difference is how much profit is acceptable to a company and I have yet to come in contact with one that says...we have made enough, lets just sit back now and be content. The word 'enough' when it pertains to profit does not exist in the world of business.

2 people like this

Posted

this post is still here ?

I though CMs and mods were working hard on getting rid of troll and bait posts...

funny...

It favors them so this is here to stay. These CMs are trash.

Posted

@Reaper78 While we didn't work (I have a job too so it's ok) we spent TIME which is the most important resource people have. Nobdoy said they worked for anything so stop making stupid acusations & threads.

Posted

You PLAYED A GAME to get your gear and silvers, you didn't work! Work is something grown-ups who support themselves get up every morning and go to. We actually WORK for our money. So forgive me if I don't give a crap that you are against a me buying 5 items per week to sell to you in the GAME you are PLAYING.

Well While youre working ill be playing. And when you come back to buy cash shop items ill do exactly the same because like me there are lots of other players out there that can have both time to grind and have the money to pay for 5 items per week easily. 

Cause you know we like to be rich -----s.

Posted (edited)

Removed my post due to the words "you didn't work" in his opening statement.

Edited by NightFyre

Posted

you are clearly upset.  Here, here, allow Dr Columba to examine you.

Dodging the discussion shows you're clearly butthurt on how i'm actually right, but yea no matter how much you're gonna spend, a trash will be forever a trash heh.

Posted

You PLAYED A GAME to get your gear and silvers, you didn't work! Work is something grown-ups who support themselves get up every morning and go to. We actually WORK for our money. So forgive me if I don't give a crap that you are against a me buying 5 items per week to sell to you in the GAME you are PLAYING.

Why playing a game you don't have the time for ? Leave one of the last time-intensive games for people who have the passion to put much time and effort into it. Go and play Diablo 3, Overwatch or whatever you like that is not too time-consuming. What is your achievement in buying those things and not going the way to achieve the goal in the game? You work, that is your life decision and you put time into it. Others put more time into sports and get good at it. No need to buy steroids then to be able to play against them in sports. So why buying those things for a game you seemingly do not have the time and passion for?

1 person likes this

Posted

I work for my money and I work in-game for my gear, you can do both successfully 'if' you are not part of the entitlement crowd spending more time whining than gaming demanding an easy route for what everyone else has without earning it.

P2W destroys games which is quite evident by the OVERWHELMING number of people that have come out to say so with changing to anti-p2w guild icons across all servers, thousands of forum posts, formal in-game protests, guild leaders providing official feedback on the loss of players and plans to remove entire guilds and communities from the game, charge backs, deleting of accounts...ect 

Many, like me, are waiting until the change is implemented at which time numbers will start to decline rapidly.  

For all those ignorantly yelling 'good riddance or don't let the door hit ya', same famous words we hear in all  games that end up dying a slow miserable death after very bad decisions are made. I see some of these ignorant people still riding around in games that are ghost towns when I revisit to take a curious peek at a game that once held my interest and feel like saying 'hows that working for ya?" ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Someone had to work for the gear, thus, if you're buying it using your money, you're paying for someones work.

I understand how the uninformed and unintelligent would not understand this. Many people fail to grasp the concept of work, as they have not done it.

Posted (edited)

Next topic in the petition box: "DAUM, please add a insta level 60 in the Cash Shop, i can't compete with no lifers"

Clowns.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

im fine geared playing 3-4 hours /day total cash spend on game 30 euro

the way i see it they made more ways for people to enjoy this game, scums of life wont get that tho 

Posted

I worked for my money and my gear, everyone wanting P2W can't form a logical argument other than "get a job GG" well I say to you Git Gud, a large majority of the "No lifers" have jobs, probably better ones than you do. So quit crying and thinking life is fair, and either put in the time to earn something or just leave. Just a reminder to everyone who wants P2W, the game doesn't have an EBT option.

Posted

The difference between men and boys, are the price of their toys!   Go Daum!

Posted

I also worked for my money BUT I will spend it on holidays. jokes on you!

Posted

My friend. THis update is to allow players for w/e reason who cannot purchase pearls due to region issues, card issues, etc to be able to purchase cash shop items and have a more enjoyable time in the game. Also, your post is a disgusting. People play a game, and some people work harder in that game to get certain items a casual style of play cannot acquire. Look man, we all work, we all bought this game, we all spend money in the cash shop. Please shut up, EVERYONE ONLINE BOUGHT THIS GAME. You just want to p2w gear, cause you're a trash player.

Posted

cause people actually like fair competitive play ya dumb shit and this whole p2w screws it.

There is nothing even remotely resembling fair nor competitive in this game. Its is all just your fear mongering over your tiny epeen.

Posted (edited)

You just want to p2w gear, cause you're a trash player.

Nope....big poppa players are skurred they're about to learn how trash they truly are....y'all know it too

Edited by Animal

Posted

You just want to p2w gear, cause you're a trash player.

So are you, so is everyone else. If you were not you would be playing something that requires skill not 16 hours dumb ezymode grind and equally dumb luck.

Posted

I wonder if OP is making more than 6$ per hour

Posted

He has the right to do whatever he wants with his money tho, just like u. ^_^ So its his choice.

And u are being a shithead now. No lifers have time, regular people with jobs and family have time but less. If u compare these two facts you are being rediculous, and probably never had a job! ^_^

Nope I have a job where I work 10 hrs a day and am completely happy with how I manage my time. I'm not the best but my achievements alone make me happy with where I'm at.
SO at what point did people decide that they wanted the easy way out by using cash? Sounds like pure lazyness to me. People always wanting the easy way out.

Posted

Firstly, Path of Exile does completely fine with solely cosmetics. hey have proven you don't have to be greedy dicks for your monitization method to work. Secondly, I never stated they didn't need money? Of course they do, and Ive always supported them when their items more costly than others wanted them to be. But it was cape, the 'advantage gained' was minimal from paying. This shit? This is almost unlimited. Yes you gotta wait till the next week to buy more, but thats just it, the following week you get another however 100's of mills to buy. The value pack was capped at $15 a month, you couldn't STACK them, you couldn't pay more to increase its advantage. It was static and always the sam. Same goes with the costumes, once you had one, that was it. You were in the same league as everyone else. With cash shop items being sold, that means everyone will constantly have to keep paying to be in the same level as everyone else. If you can't see how thats just a smug slap in the face, well then you are a lost cause.

Posted

lol can't wait to camp the spawn campers now.