• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bored of Musa

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm getting a little bored of my Musa... combat is very repetitive after playing it since release and grinding to 57. I can pretty much one or two hit anything in mediah now. Valencia is not so bad but not efficient or rewarding enough. All I'm waiting for is awakening since it looks pretty awesome. I'm thinking about playing an alt but that will cost a good amount of silver.

Do you guys have alts you play with? Thoughts on Musa gameplay?

Posted

If that's your logic, every class will get repetitive by that time. Ranger only shotgun, Zerker spin2win, tamer ink spam, etc etc etc, YES grinding is repetitive itself, and the same way you'll get bored with Awakening spin2win.

Quit while you can before p2w arrives.

Posted

I do play a few alts very little, my warrior(lvl 56, previous main) is now my afk fisher. My sorc(31) is my cook for beer. I did level a ninja with hypetrain and golden daggers to 52. I just bought a liverto and smashed stones into it until +13 so leveling was easy. 

Ninja was pretty fun and the abilities looked nice but having to rotate even more abilities than musa made killing stuff kind of annoying. It was very fun leveling though and I made about 15m from quests/contribution/drops while leveling which basically pair for my liverto.

I didnt really bother learning cancels/inputs on ninja just because I like musa overall more even though I usually play warrior/rogue archtypes in most other mmos. 

I mean really, Chase is an amazing basic ability compared to ghost step. Musa sustain with divider is broken compared to ninja sustain. But if you are bored of being a hit and run nuke machine with giant aoe and even bigger aoe when awakening comes out ninja would be a good class to level/mess with for the time being.

Dont forget it is a game and most of the time the goal is fun, so if you arent having fun try something else!

1 person likes this

Posted

If that's your logic, every class will get repetitive by that time. Ranger only shotgun, Zerker spin2win, tamer ink spam, etc etc etc, YES grinding is repetitive itself, and the same way you'll get bored with Awakening spin2win.

Quit while you can before p2w arrives.

This isnt actually correct. Musa has maybe 3 skills your grind with rising storm, dragon bite combo and divider. Your main dmg is rising storm spam with DB combo and divider to heal. Its actually very boring. I started playing a kuno and its a WORLD of difference since they have more than 1 skill with rising storm damage attached to bigger aoe. I literally only grind for skill points and i can barely do that for more than 2 hours these days, on my kuno i can play all day long and not get bored.

Posted (edited)

This isnt actually correct. Musa has maybe 3 skills your grind with rising storm, dragon bite combo and divider. Your main dmg is rising storm spam with DB combo and divider to heal. Its actually very boring. I started playing a kuno and its a WORLD of difference since they have more than 1 skill with rising storm damage attached to bigger aoe. I literally only grind for skill points and i can barely do that for more than 2 hours these days, on my kuno i can play all day long and not get bored.

This statement itself is relative, because, as persons, we have different points of view, some will get bored at the repetitiveness of the skills, others the same killing killing mobs, so in the end, both sides are repetitive, i personally don't mind the repetitive shit in the skills, what gets boring is the killing same shit for 2h grinding. Even tho you have to repeat 3 skills on musa all over again for 2h, you'll have to repeat, what? 6 skills on kuno? in the long run it's all the same. But if OP wants to use a bit more skills to feel it's not repetitive, well, everyone has its own tastes.

Edited by SinisterSaints

Posted

I came from a Wizard where I pretty much just chained Lightning -> Residual, Fireball -> Explosion, Lightning Chain -> Explosion for 99% of my game play. 

Making the transition to Dragon Bite -> Claw -> Lunar, Rising Storm -> Blaze/Cyclone, and Carver -> Blooming isn't exactly a huge shift.

I will say, for farming, I do incredibly miss the ability to ranged pull or pull additional targets with the horse since few Wizard abilities are uncapped target counts but then even T3/T4 pets you end up waiting on to loot that many things dying.  World bosses it was a -----ing DREAM not to bang into every other person near by in the melee pile as everyone attempts to get back attacks.

If things ever go tits up with the Musa I'm 100% going back to my Wiz if the awakening ain't bad.

Posted

This statement itself is relative, because, as persons, we have different points of view, some will get bored at the repetitiveness of the skills, others the same killing killing mobs, so in the end, both sides are repetitive, i personally don't mind the repetitive shit in the skills, what gets boring is the killing same shit for 2h grinding. Even tho you have to repeat 3 skills on musa all over again for 2h, you'll have to repeat, what? 6 skills on kuno? in the long run it's all the same. But if OP wants to use a bit more skills to feel it's not repetitive, well, everyone has its own tastes.

It isnt relative, the OP clearly stated it combat-wise and i related it with my comment. We are speaking about the same thing, you are speaking in a general terms. Repeating 1 or 2 skills for damage is a huge difference to having access to 6 skills that do just as much damage if not more and do other things also. OP hit 57 so grinding the same mobs wasnt an issue its the repetitive nature of musa's current gameplay.

Posted

PvP

Posted

You could also try mastering that 4500 hit combo in the Musa video combo guide in-game.

Posted

Thanks for the input everyone. I started a ninja and there's plenty of skills to use compared to Musa. So many that I'm not even sure how to play it correctly. It's a challenge but pretty fun to play so far. I decided to keep my Musa as a main for most things and play ninja on the side unless I decide that I prefer it more later on.

PvP

I do a lot of PvP. Node war, guild wars, duels, arena. It's fun but you can only do so much of it :|

1 person likes this

Posted

this is always the case for me. Everytime i try to get on my musa and grind sausans, i get burnt out from the repetitiveness of the gameplay even though I want to like Musa so badly. In the end I always wind up going back to my warrior even tho it's much shittier at the grind even with 3 levels higher.

Make a warr and you'll see what I mean :/

Posted

i play a musa as an alt, I main a lv 59 tamer.

Tamer is freaking boring to PVE (but its significantly faster than my musa). ALL i do is bolt jolt, lbp, bolt jolt, entire pack of pirates and use fearful trembling before every mob.

musa at least is kinda different because most of your abilities outside of rising storm have longer cd's and feel more rewarding to land combos.

Posted

Hey guys, so... I made my ninja. I got it to level 55 now. It has the same AP as my musa and I use (duo) bheg gloves. So I want to say they're pretty even when it comes to PVP. Assuming my ninja doesn't miss that much with bhegs. I might be lacking a lot of skills for ninja but I have the key skills. I want to say both classes are very similar in terms of their main functions in node wars. They disrupt backline, kill outliers, etc. Just to throw that out there.

PVE

Musa is very efficient, fast, repetitive, short cooldowns.

Ninja is alright at efficiency, has flashy skills, can get repetitive but not as bad as my musa, longer cooldowns.

PVP

Musa is a lot better in PVP in my opinion. You have more control on the situation. I think feeling in control in PVP is what I love about Musa. You can attack someone and you're not forced to stay until one of you is dead. You can chase in and out when you want to. There's a lot more freedom.

Ninja is more precise? Maybe I need to get better at it but when things got rough in a node war, you can't just chase away to a safer area. You have to choose who to get close to in war. My musa can just dive into a group, rising storm and knockdown everyone. If there's a warrior close by, I can just chase around him so I don't get hit. I can't do the same for ninja as its' not so flexible in mobility. I can try to use the cloak / invisibility skill but it doesn't always work the way I want it to. For 1V1 PVP, it doesn't help when fighting guild members. They see where you are when you cloak and it ruins a big part of ninjas.

Damage

They're pretty much the same in the long run. My musa feels slightly stronger but it has 300 sp more than my Ninja and is 2 more levels higher.

I'm not even sure why I wrote this. I've been thinking about which class I wanna stick with. It's expensive to play both. Musa awakening is wayyyy too good to miss. But it's just so dull to grind on. My ninja is a lot of fun but I'm not sure about how good awakening is. Now that I got to play another class that is not Musa, I'm having fun learning the class and playing the game. Not sure if I can go back to Musa grinding after this. It might just be the long wait for awakening. I can't wait anymore :(

this is always the case for me. Everytime i try to get on my musa and grind sausans, i get burnt out from the repetitiveness of the gameplay even though I want to like Musa so badly. In the end I always wind up going back to my warrior even tho it's much shittier at the grind even with 3 levels higher.

Make a warr and you'll see what I mean :/

Yeah I have a warrior, Level 54. I played it before Musa came out. I couldn't take the grind. It was too slow, specially when I got to grind n a blader. How much faster it was. Not yet sure what to do with my warrior. Two levels to 56 on it sounds like it'll take a while.

i play a musa as an alt, I main a lv 59 tamer.

Tamer is freaking boring to PVE (but its significantly faster than my musa). ALL i do is bolt jolt, lbp, bolt jolt, entire pack of pirates and use fearful trembling before every mob.

musa at least is kinda different because most of your abilities outside of rising storm have longer cd's and feel more rewarding to land combos.

Yeah, musa combos feel pretty nice. But eventually, you don't get to use them enough or you use them too much. The monsters are not tough enough or are too tough that it doesn't feel good to do em anymore.

Posted

Main a lvl58 musa,

No regrets really, left my boring Ranger never to be touched again. Can't wait to be on fire with awakenings. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Main a lvl58 musa,

No regrets really, left my boring Ranger never to be touched again. Can't wait to be on fire with awakenings. 

well obviously if u compare it to a ranger... lmao Ranger is undoubtedly teh most 2 dimensional class in this game atm.

Posted (edited)

World bosses it was a -----ing DREAM not to bang into every other person near by in the melee pile as everyone attempts to get back attacks.

Holy crap how I feel you man, I just -----ing hate bots not moving an inch while the boss is changing its target or is going to smash in front of you. Also when these idiots are not moving when the boss is just moving around.

It's a -----ing mess being a melee class on field/world bosses... Maybe the only thing I hate about PvE in this game.

Edited by LeviathaNz
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0