• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

If you like the upcoming changes, speak up.

62 posts in this topic

Posted

when half of the population quits you'll see how it'll affect your experience playing bdo 

Dont be so dramatic.  if the server population gets bad there will be some sort of merge, and it will be fine.

Posted

Meh, I dont really care now, ill probly stop buying pearl and just focus on grinding if this implemented.
If people are willing to spend their real money so I can buy cash shop stuff without dropping anymore dollars, then so be it. Free cash shop item for me then.

If it doesnt get implemented, thats cool too. Less stupid thread shere in forum (maybe).

Posted

I don't care either way....time=money

You invest a lot of time, you get results

You invest a lot of money, you get results

Both methods are exactly the same to me. Each player is giving up something in return for progression in BDO. A player with a lot of time and no money will be competitive, likewise, a player with a lot of money and no time will be competitive. A player with both will rise to the top. Doesn't bother me at all.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't care either way.

Posted

I fully support the announced changes.  But, I doubt you will get all that many people to post here because most people that are in favor of this change have no reason to come here.  They are out enjoying the game.  And, this company knows it.  I doubt that most of these people that are whining and crying so much about this change are not here for the long haul anyway.  You see these same kind of pvp players in every game when they first come out but it's no time before they jump ship and move on to another.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will speak up and defend good changes, things that can be paid for that are fair (like value pack.)

I will speak up against bad changes, things that are not fair to players, of any spectrum. A player shouldn't have to pay 3,000$ to acquire power in a game.

Morals aren't an on and off switch. I'm not going to defend Daum/Hair salon 100% to the death, nor do I plan to mindlessly hating on them just because.

Achieving a healthy mediation of moderation is better than propagating bad changes but disallowing fair play for the average BDO player. Permitting pearl-to-silver P2W is not fair to the regular player, and it never will be. And because of it BDO will get another wave of botters and goldsellers.

Anything else isn't insightful or helpful at all.

You don't have to pay anything to aquire power in game. You can still earn it the way you can now. So what if a small percentage of people with more money than common sense want to waste that kind of money. They still have to fight through RNG to get their gear. Is it really going to affect you that much? I am not saying it is ok to be able to buy power in a game but I am saying that I think people are making way too many doomsday assumptions about this situation. There is more limiting the ability of people willing to spend cash to sell cash shop items than just the marketplace limits. They still have to battle RNG and they still have to grind their levels. It will not be armaggedon.

Posted

Now casuals have the chance to get milked and compete with none soon same as AA ......

Gl Casuals aka cows xD

Posted

I personally wouldn't mind it unless it kills the game, which I fear it will over a few months if it's implemented because a lot of people came here expecting it would never become p2w and a lot of those people were ok spending extra money on the game because of that, if not for that I wouldn't be against it.

I've spent thousands on games like Trove (got on it yesterday after all this p2w talk, I'm still super rich there, sadly that game kinda sucks haha but at least I have my platinum crown and exclusive Trove blades) I wasn't really looking for another p2w game myself which is why I was ok with buying a few things like costumes, pets, weight increase and paying for the value pack every month to help support the game.

I'll still play 24/7 and throw money at the game until I feels like it's dying and then I'll simply move on like I do with all my games.

People who are for this because they think it'll allow them to be competitive do fail to see that they still have to grind for levels/skill points and this isn't gonna buy them skill to compete with already geared/leveled players, also there are loads of "nolifers" who work full time and play this game with all of their free time, they just have no other real life obligations. (most people I know who are already super geared and play every day have spent a few hundred to over $1,000 already)

I do get the appeal of it though for people who think they can simply become powerful or catch up to the curve with outside sources because they are unable to do it themselves, sadly that mindset is why people I used to play with that I've met in-game have been banned for botting/hacking (they did it because they couldn't nolife the game to keep up with other top players)

I've also seen people bring up that they removed the trading in this game for the specific reason of removing "gold sellers" because they give an unfair advantage for money (money that they also don't get) yet they are ok with turning around and selling it themselves, though at probably a higher and limited price.

Actually if this is added I hope they allow trading up to a specific silver value worth of items every week, I'd like to be able to help my newer friends with items. 

Posted

I like it!/cant wait to see bdo burn moreeee!

Posted

I really was not going to feed into this fervor... Ive just sat back and watched it all, and have been reminded of damn near EVERY MMO forum community I have made the mistake of joining.  People wanting change, those that dont want change.. Changes not up to their "standards".  Threats to quit.. fist shaking at anyone that doesnt agree..  Forums are, or can be toxic.   For me.. reading these forums could scare a new player away, or even cause a dedicated one to not want to log in because of all the Bullsh*it. 

I really DON'T CARE if they allow Cash shop Items in the MP to be honest.  If and when I decide to use the cash shop it is for MY use.. I have no desire to make money off  of it.  However, I will confess.. I tried it when the dye shop change came.. and it wasnt worth it for me.. RNG made it so. Would I have continued if it was easier?? probably not.. I had other things to do.. Yanno..like, PLAY THE GAME..And  it is.. a GAME
Id rather yell, protest and/or shake my fist at RL issues that (should) matter more.

Posted

This reminds me of fktards who support trump etc. What ppl who support this are basically saying is that they agree to kill the game.

Posted

Because you can be sure that those who don't will. 

It's human nature to be silent when happy but loud when angry, let them whine and cry; hasn't changed anything in the past. Daum listen to their customers who spend money. 

Posted

It's human nature to be silent when happy but loud when angry, let them whine and cry; hasn't changed anything in the past. Daum listen to their customers who spend money. 

This game will die off pretty hard brah, they've effectively destroyed their own game for greed.

ArcheAge 2.0.

LET THE SALT FLOW BOYZ

Posted

theres nothing to like about these changes

pearl abyss has showed their hand, they are insanely greedy and misinformed and dont care about the people at all

i bet at the start the costumes wont sell for that much in game but after awhile the price will rise to make them more worth buying and slowly increase the p2w

BDO - a sad story of a greedy company wasting people's lives

everything about this game is  centered around milking money

Posted

I don't care either way....time=money

You invest a lot of time, you get results

You invest a lot of money, you get results

Both methods are exactly the same to me. Each player is giving up something in return for progression in BDO. A player with a lot of time and no money will be competitive, likewise, a player with a lot of money and no time will be competitive. A player with both will rise to the top. Doesn't bother me at all.

Ditto.

In the meanwhile I am entertained with all the drama. 

Posted

everything about this game is  centered around milking money

This is true about most games that follow the free to play model though. ( I know I know we paid to play but this game is at is core a free to play model ) People didn't want to pay to subscribe to mmos and now we have this. Far too many people are willing to throw huge amounts of money at cash shops so this kind of gaming business model isn't going anywhere. I'm not saying its right or wrong but it is what it is.

Posted (edited)

The changes are fine.  The devs realize that the most vocal about this are a minority.  The silent majority has no issue and they avoid the forums because of all the bullying and bs.

Edited by Talizar
Phone auto correct grrr

Posted

The changes are fine.  The device realize that the most vocal about this are a minority.  The silent majority has no issue and they avoid the forums because of all the bullying and bs.

If this is true, then why has basically every guild on the european servers changed their icons?

If it wasn't for the censorship on these forums you'd see a whole lot more threads complaining about the coming changes, but they're all getting deleted. That's what you're supporting, fascism.

Posted

I do!  I look forward to lording it over the little people, the unwashed masses, my financial inferiors.

Posted (edited)

now casuals have the chance to catch up somewhat and bring about compeditive pvp so its nice

You are a casual. Why do you want to catch up the the hardcore crowd? They earned their place by playing hard, investing alot of time and effort, sweat and tears. Not with $$$. They did what the game is there for. They played it! 

THere are soo much catch up events etc going on all the time.. Thats not enough for you? 

I am all in for competitive PvP. But not like this.. Low effort to get same outcome as max effort is utterly wrong and will just even kill competitive. Because alot of the already competitive players wont stick around to witness this..

If this is true, then why has basically every guild on the european servers changed their icons?

If it wasn't for the censorship on these forums you'd see a whole lot more threads complaining about the coming changes, but they're all getting deleted. That's what you're supporting, fascism.

Theres no point m8. Obviously the minority is against it :D :D 

That guy lives in his pink sparkly bubble. Just let him. Dont waste energy on that one. 

The facts are here and prove him wrong in every occasion. If he still doesnt see it, he cant be helped.

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted

This post is why most us don't take you protesters seriously.  Way over the top.

You failfail tto unerstand that there is no free speech in private forums.

We would see more threads from the same peopen.

Why are you stilstill herhere.  We are going to get everything kr has because it makes them money. End of story.

The changes are fine.  The device realize that the most vocal about this are a minority.  The silent majority has no issue and they avoid the forums because of all the bullying and bs.

Posted

This post is why most us don't take you protesters seriously.  Way over the top.

You failfail tto unerstand that there is no free speech in private forums.

We would see more threads from the same peopen.

Why are you stilstill herhere.  We are going to get everything kr has because it makes them money. End of story.

The device? wtf are you talking about :D

Posted

fascism.

Go take a cold shower and eat something pls, all this excitement has addlepated your brain. 

Posted (edited)

I work too damn hard to not be rewarded. I don't judge ppl spending 1000 hours playing until 7am because they don't have anyone to provide for. But seeing how this game is so heavily reliant on gear that you don't even get to test actual skill often, casual players are pretty much dead. The working class deserves a chance, we help fund and support the game, not taking away from ppl who no life it. But im really calling their bluffs on the fake quitting strats, yall play this game so much that you will need counseling to quit. I support Daum decision. 

Edited by Bando

Posted (edited)

Because you can be sure that those who don't will. Loudly and often at that even to make it seem like there's a great deal many more of them than there actually are in reality. They try to browbeat anyone who disagrees with them into silence, in an attempt to get their way. Don't be intimidated by cyber bullies. If you actually approve of what PA is doing, let them know. :)

Too bad the "bullies" you speak of are being silenced and banned from Daum. Around 70% or so of the population doesn't support so you're in the minority.

I work too damn hard to not be rewarded. I don't judge ppl spending 1000 hours playing until 7am because they don't have anyone to provide for. But seeing how this game is so heavily reliant on gear that you don't even get to test actual skill often, casual players are pretty much dead. The working class deserves a chance, we help fund and support the game, not taking away from ppl who no life it. But im really calling their bluffs on the fake quitting strats, yall play this game so much that you will need counseling to quit. I support Daum decision. 

They aren't "bluffs" a few of my close friends have already quit and filed a chargeback through paypal since they give you up to 180 days.

Edited by BiggsVIII