• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Limited online time

58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, if there's no p2w, let's limit the quantity of hours you can keep online. Something like 6 hours per day and then you will be kicked from the game. You don't want p2w because it isn't fair to people who plays 16 hours per day, so I want a limited online time, because it isn't fair that they play while we are working. Let's be completely fair, don't you think?

Edited by Selen
5 people like this

Posted

you want tell me to play only 6h becouse you cant ? pfff

Posted

I think people who have actual lives like jobs and all that should go out and live life. We should ban people with jobs because they don't deserve such irresponsible activities. Ban people with kids too. Shit parents that put games before kids are shit parents. 

9 people like this

Posted

you want tell me to play only 6h becouse you cant ? pfff

You want tell me don't p2w because you can't? pfff

Posted

Yeah, purposely limit the accessibility for a product people paid for.
I'll just ignore that 6 hours is already way too long for a player with a job and responsibilities.

Very constructive topic my friend, appreciate your input.

2 people like this

Posted

when you pay my bills you can limit my play time like a kid get over yourself OP

Posted (edited)

6h time to play? HAH
If you dont have time to play and you think that those nolife gamers doesn't earn their work, then dont play.

Limited time in game will change the game too much...
AFK system = useless
AFK fishing / horse riding = useless
Guild questing = no time to complete

Also Twitch TV gaming in BDO will die with that

Edited by Pohjantikka

Posted

Still not a real answer. Isn't this the fairest thing? You are complaining about p2w because it isn't fair. So, this is fair, to (almost) everyone. At least the most.

Posted

I think people who have actual lives like jobs and all that should go out and live life. We should ban people with jobs because they don't deserve such irresponsible activities. Ban people with kids too. Shit parents that put games before kids are shit parents. 

I laughed at this one.

OP can't "git gud"

1 person likes this

Posted

6h time to play? HAH
If you dont have time to play and you think that those nolife gamers doesn't earn their work, then dont play.

Limited time in game will change the game too much...
AFK system = useless
AFK fishing / horse riding = useless
Guild questing = no time to complete

Also Twitch TV gaming in BDO will die with that

If you don't have money to p2w, then don't play.

when you pay my bills you can limit my play time like a kid get over yourself OP

Mom does it already.

Yeah, purposely limit the accessibility for a product people paid for.
I'll just ignore that 6 hours is already way too long for a player with a job and responsibilities.

Very constructive topic my friend, appreciate your input.

You pay for the access to the game, not for the right to play 16 hours per day. They could change it right now on the therms of use that you didn't read and you wouldn't notice until you get kicked.

Posted

I have a better idea.

Bring P2W in, but bring in full loot drop to the people who sell pearl items on the marketplace.

Posted

I have a better idea.

Bring P2W in, but bring in full loot drop to the people who sell pearl items on the marketplace.

And what about bring in full loot drop to the people per hour played? What about losing 10% of your drop per hour after 2 hours played? One who plays 16 hours in a day is taking the drop and the silvers of 3-5 people!

Posted

You pay for the access to the game, not for the right to play 16 hours per day. They could change it right now on the therms of use that you didn't read and you wouldn't notice until you get kicked.

I wouldn't reach that limit, mostly because I don't do AFK expertises or intense grinding.

If you want a more equal playing field between people with a lot of playtime and people with barely any then I prefer adjusting the gear balance.
This would in turn make p2w a lot less effective and the game a lot more friendly to newer players.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you don't have money to p2w, then don't play.

I don't really care about that "P2W" and I dont need to pay to survive.

Beside you might be missing a great point in that 6hour limit gaming. Who is going to grind that Ogre Ring to you? If players have limited time to play it will take 2-4 times longer to obtain a good gear in game. So those CCWs wont be able to buy high lvl items when there is no one grinding them. And when there are no good items on Market the prices will also be rocking up.

Posted

I don't really care about that "P2W" and I dont need to pay to survive.

Beside you might be missing a great point in that 6hour limit gaming. Who is going to grind that Ogre Ring to you? If players have limited time to play it will take 2-4 times longer to obtain a good gear in game. So those CCWs wont be able to buy high lvl items when there is no one grinding them. And when there are no good items on Market the prices will also be rocking up.

But everybody will have the same chances.

Posted

Mom does it already.

maybe yours does i am 31 years old and my mom plays this game just as much as i do

Posted

you want tell me don't be smart because you can't? pfff

3 people like this

Posted

i can both play p2w and 10h+ for day so i with p2w i can oneshot both p2w and non p2w costumers :)

Posted

So, if there's no p2w, let's limit the quantity of hours you can keep online. Something like 6 hours per day and then you will be kicked from the game. You don't want p2w because it isn't fair to people who plays 16 hours per day, so I want a limited online time, because it isn't fair that they play while we are working. Let's be completely fair, don't you think?

I'm bored.

Like anything in real life if you can't commit the time you can't do it. The same holds true for an MMO until they go the P2W option but with €30 costumes it was always going to be the case, it just happened a lot faster than one would have expected.

Posted (edited)

maybe yours does i am 31 years old and my mom plays this game just as much as i do

sorry you have a bed time and school kido take back i am glad you do :)

The first one using offense says a lot about you. :) Maybe 31 physical age, but mental... By the way, ask to your mom. 

I'm bored.

Like anything in real life if you can't commit the time you can't do it. The same holds true for an MMO until they go the P2W option but with €30 costumes it was always going to be the case, it just happened a lot faster than one would have expected.

I'm bored too, of all crys about p2w. Like anything in real life, you have to invest, sometimes with time, sometimes with money. Time = money, actually. You commit your time to play, someone commit his time to work (and things) so he could pay (or not). What's the problem?

PD: It's funny because I don't really care about p2w or not p2w, but nobody really answered the real question: isn't this the fairest way?

Edited by Selen

Posted

But everybody will have the same chances.

Sure all has now same chance now, but who wants to use that precious time on grinding low lvl mobs when you have only 6 hours time? If you need approx 400 hours of grinding in Hexe to obtain Witch Earring, with 6 hours per day...that means over 2 months of grinding. And for Ogre Ring...maybe a year of insane grinding.

What you do during 6 hours in BDO, game which is insanely vast?
If players had only 6 hours time, next thing what would happen is that players would beg for fast traveling system in to the game. Because they don't have time to run here and there nor go to islands for fishing. Pirate Island can be also forget, it takes about 30minutes to travel there with a sailing boat.

1) What about Node wars? Node war timer is 4 hours long, so 2/3 of your gaming time is used on that only. And when guildies have used that 6 hours already they wont be able to join the war. SO how can we do node wars anymore, when there are less than 10 player online during that time?

2) How long does it take to lvl up from 1 to 30 a T7 horse? DO you have time to do that with 6 hour limiter? I guess not!

3) Workers does their work only when you are logged in, only 6 hours per day. And who is going to craft those beers for your workers when they can't afk craft anymore?

4) Trading takes pretty much of time too, so we can forget that too.

5) Field Bosses respawns every 8-12 hours...with 6 hour timer you might not even see one boss during that time.

6) If there are 60-70 players in guild and your guild wants to do guild bosses... you need to do guild questing and then guild quests for the boss scroll. THEN you need to get as many guildies at the same time online for the bosses. Sounds easy?

7) How much time do you need to exchanges 100k stacked items to earn money?

8) Guild questing? Valencia XL killing quests has timer for 7 hours and XL fishing quests are 6 hours. 

9) Exploring the game? Pointless now when you dont have time for that either. (I am a Secret Hunter and I love to explore the game, with time limiter there is no time to explore things anymore).

10) How long it would to earn 300 Energy points or 200 Contribution points when you have only 6 hours time per day? All those dailies and quests...no time because you have to level up and get geared.

Do you see now the problem? There is no time for all those with in 6 hour per day.

Why should there be a time limiter in a game which is so vast? That is the main question in my mind.
Limiting gaming time will also limit EVERYTHING inside the game. You cant do anymore this and that because you don't have time to do it. 

If we limit the time to play, it means that players has to plan what to do before logging in to game. IS THAT FUN?! You have to do a list for every day what to do and if you fail with that, then you will be pissed off.

Posted

I'm going to the pool with friends, but I'll answer you later. I promise. :)

Posted

I knew this post would bring out the hypocrites. Spending money and spending time are both external factors that give some advantage to players in this game with time to spend giving people with it a HUGE advantage since release.  If one needs to be limited then it only makes sense to limit the other.  We are talking about preventing a group from having an advantage that others don't have.  Aren't we?  Well, then lets make sure neither of the groups, people with time to spend and people with money to spend, have an advantage.  Let's level the playing field.

Or, lets do the right thing and just support the decision that was recently announced.  l for one thinks it's a great idea to allow cash shop items to be sold in game for silver so long as the amount of silver that can be earned is limited as this company has said they would and just like they did with the dyes which everyone was claiming would kill the game and make people filthy rich.  Which of course didn't happen.

4 people like this

Posted

Are you kidding me? Friend of me have a full time job and my gear (student) is only a little bit better. And yes, my gear was a lot better, but it's very hard to get better gear at the end and it's easier to reach the good gear players.

Posted

Still not a real answer. Isn't this the fairest thing? You are complaining about p2w because it isn't fair. So, this is fair, to (almost) everyone. At least the most.

I work and still manage to stay ahead of the curve. If you're behind it's because you spend all your time complaining about the game instead of actually playing it. Fact of the matter is, those who have more time to put towards something are more than likely going to be better geared, higher level etc.