• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

All those P2W talks hardly means anything and this is a good move

35 posts in this topic

Posted

If ppl can buy everything from cash shop with ingame currency, so people have a choice now instead of the only means to acquire them is to pay real money, this is good, and hardly P2W

I am 38 years old and have a full time job, 2 kids that are in primary school. I can only squeez out maybe 1-2 hours of gaming time everyday and I have been playing this game for 2 months, only have 1 char and he is lvl42 atm. 

I just dont get why there are so many people complain about P2W in this game, cause as far as I noticed there is no such thing in this game. People can not just spend money to get something out of thin air that's not available to you. Well, until this patch happens people can still spend real cash to buy pets and outfit and costume you can not get in game.

What this add is just more convenient for people who don't spent real money. People talk about others spend cash to acquire items easily, if you dont want to spent time you can spend money and do so yourself, how come other people getting better stuff affect your play and is unfair? You have choose the way you want to play the game and all the achievements you have gained is yours only. Different people have different play style and limit. Should all people be limited to 2 hours of playing time each day so no unfair advandage to people who can play 24/7? Should people with fast reflex and quick thinking be chopped off a few fingers and get a few hits to the head so they don't get unfair advantage over others? 

The whole point of P2W in this game is just unvaild. You can not get younger and get all your energy and vitality back, you can not get 25 hours a day and 400 days a year, but you can make more money.

If you don't want to spend real money playing game, it is your choice and you choose it that way to experience this game. Just don't force other people so they can't enjoy the game their way.

Posted

You say you're 38 years old, which means you might have played World of Warcraft when it was released?

Do you remember those days? We paid for a full, bug free and tested game. We paid for expansions to said game. There was no release day "DLC". There was no "P2W".

We paid for the game, perhaps a subscription on top and that was it. Besides your computer, gaming was a pretty cheap hobby.

You had to play the game to achieve something, but what you achieved was because of what YOU did, it was YOUR hard work and not someone else.

I am sad you think this is for the better.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

P2W kills any meaningful PVP competition. What's the point and spending time and effort getting good at something (in the case of MMOs, mostly getting good gear) when someone with more money can get to a similar level and let the gear carry them? BDO's end game for guilds is the PVP, social arena and P2W kills it. Who cares if you take a T3 node when none of the stronger guilds are around anymore?

There's still things to enjoy about the game, and it's fine that some people don't have as much time as others. Some games work with a real life to in game currency conversion because the mechanics don't break the gameplay. This is not one of those games.

Edited by Blackwater

Posted

You say you're 38 years old, which means you might have played World of Warcraft when it was released?

Do you remember those days? We paid for a full, bug free and tested game. We paid for expansions to said game. There was no release day "DLC". There was no "P2W".

We paid for the game, perhaps a subscription on top and that was it. Besides your computer, gaming was a pretty cheap hobby.

You had to play the game to achieve something, but what you achieved was because of what YOU did, it was YOUR hard work and not someone else.

you said so yourself, "what you achieved was because of what YOU did, it was YOUR hard work and not someone else" 

so how come other people spend real money affect your? they played the game their way and achieved something they enjoyed

Posted (edited)

You're right..You summed up P2W perfectly.

That's why everyone who doesn't want p2w will leave and the game's competition will be simply based around who has the fattest wallet.

Pic Related : Kakao base HQ

10312467_196308640714646_5829736040519794760_n.jpg

Edited by Chakracat
1 person likes this

Posted

P2W kills any meaningful PVP competition. What's the point and spending time and effort getting good at something (in the case of MMOs, mostly getting good gear) when someone with more money can get to a similar level and let the gear carry them? BDO's end game for guilds is the PVP, social arena and P2W kills is. Who cares if you take a T3 node when none of the stronger guilds are around anymore?

There's still things to enjoy about the game, and it's fine that some people don't have as much time as others. Some games work with a real life to in game currency conversion because the mechanics don't break the gameplay. This is not one of those games.

There is no meaningful PVP in the 1st place, people can spent different amount of time, different amount of money, if your meaningful PVP is about equal then you won't find it

Posted

you said so yourself, "what you achieved was because of what YOU did, it was YOUR hard work and not someone else" 

so how come other people spend real money affect your? they played the game their way and achieved something they enjoyed

I spent a lot of money in ArcheAge. And I won. For people who didn't have that money to spend, or who wanted to spend it on something else, it made the game suck. It made them quit the game. There is much better things to spend money on than buying gear in a game, and I swore to never play another game like ArcheAge.

You do realise that even if you start pumping money into this game, you still won't be able to keep up as you don't have the time to level...

Posted (edited)

If ppl can buy everything from cash shop with ingame currency, so people have a choice now instead of the only means to acquire them is to pay real money, this is good, and hardly P2W

I am 38 years old and have a full time job, 2 kids that are in primary school. I can only squeez out maybe 1-2 hours of gaming time everyday and I have been playing this game for 2 months, only have 1 char and he is lvl42 atm. 

I just dont get why there are so many people complain about P2W in this game, cause as far as I noticed there is no such thing in this game. People can not just spend money to get something out of thin air that's not available to you. Well, until this patch happens people can still spend real cash to buy pets and outfit and costume you can not get in game.

What this add is just more convenient for people who don't spent real money. People talk about others spend cash to acquire items easily, if you dont want to spent time you can spend money and do so yourself, how come other people getting better stuff affect your play and is unfair? You have choose the way you want to play the game and all the achievements you have gained is yours only. Different people have different play style and limit. Should all people be limited to 2 hours of playing time each day so no unfair advandage to people who can play 24/7? Should people with fast reflex and quick thinking be chopped off a few fingers and get a few hits to the head so they don't get unfair advantage over others? 

The whole point of P2W in this game is just unvaild. You can not get younger and get all your energy and vitality back, you can not get 25 hours a day and 400 days a year, but you can make more money.

If you don't want to spend real money playing game, it is your choice and you choose it that way to experience this game. Just don't force other people so they can't enjoy the game their wa

Is this your first mmo? If not you should knew how huge negative impact has p2w in the mmo community. If the game is p2w is always the first question that most ppl ask before they play. Yes with the p2w mechanics you can get equipment without spending time in the game but where is the fun to play an mmo alone?

Edited by Epitafios

Posted

well, to not completely burst the OP's bubble, it is true, progression in this game doesn't come from just being able to horde huge amounts of silver.
if you have 1-2 hours a day, you will hardly catch-up to the hardcore, not even the average players.
but if you have 1-2 hours a day, why spend RL cash to make silver with at all?`it seems like a huge waste to me, so either way, you will never be a competitive player in this game.

but implementing this feature "now" will certainly do unrepairable damage to the game.
the main issue is, the game was launched as a B2P game, they should've just launched it like the did in KR/JP/RU if they had planned to turn it into the same game as the other versions anyways.

giving players the option to earn silver with real cash now will throw in a certain imbalance, that could've been avoided if they had just done so to begin with.

but hey, what did you expect, this game has korean roots, your publisher has korean roots, their MMORPG market is the biggest and greediest to be found.
i'll just sit here and watch things take a turn for the worse, as there is no other possible outcome.this will not end in a good way.

Posted

Your problem, no one elses.  Life isn't fair.  Some can play more than others, they will always have an advantage.  MMO's been like this since the days of MUD's.

I just dont get why there are so many people complain about P2W in this game, cause as far as I noticed there is no such thing in this game. People can not just spend money to get something out of thin air that's not available to you

You do realise people do sell top tier gear yes?  You do realise boss gear is in the night vendor?  THus, selling cash shop items = in game silver = buys the best gear = getting something very easily.

NO they shouldn't.  Thus whining that I have a life and kids and work is -----ing shit.  Either change your life, hobbies, or suck it up.

Posted

funny how all the pro-p2w threads are not locked and deleted with owners being banned. but not pro-p2w are all banned and most deleted. disgusting tactics.

Posted

I don't understand people with so so little free time, they chose a grindy korean mmo to play, i don't get it and i never will.

Posted

You're right..You summed up P2W perfectly.

That's why everyone who doesn't want p2w will leave and the game's competition will be simply based around who has the fattest wallet.

Pic Related : Kakao base HQ

Edit: If they do decide to go full p2w we will literally shut down the game because the guys at Daum wrote that the game will never be p2w. People have screenshots and proof of that and we could literally file for a refund because it's false advertisement of a product.

10312467_196308640714646_5829736040519794760_n.jpg

You are saying that like everyone is playing PVP

How come this is P2W? They just give people who doesn't spend real money a chance to get the item mall items.

They said they will not go p2w, as far as I see they are not, if people want to ask for refund based on that, then it's their choice and the decision is to be made by the corresponding partys.

Different interpretations, you want to view it as p2w, I view it as convenient

Posted

funny how all the pro-p2w threads are not locked and deleted with owners being banned. but not pro-p2w are all banned and most deleted. disgusting tactics.

It is what it is. If Kakao wants to kill their own game through greed and fascist tactics we can't stop them.

Posted (edited)

How come this is P2W? They just give people who doesn't spend real money a chance to get the item mall items.

They said they will not go p2w, as far as I see they are not, if people want to ask for refund based on that, then it's their choice and the decision is to be made by the corresponding partys.

Not my fault you chose a Korean grindfest game.

Edited by Ayl
1 person likes this

Posted

There are far better ways to give pearl items accessibility without the AH to play a role in it.

Posted

I spent a lot of money in ArcheAge. And I won. For people who didn't have that money to spend, or who wanted to spend it on something else, it made the game suck. It made them quit the game. There is much better things to spend money on than buying gear in a game, and I swore to never play another game like ArcheAge.

You do realise that even if you start pumping money into this game, you still won't be able to keep up as you don't have the time to level...

To keep up with what? Why won't I have time to level?

Because someone spend a lot of money they can stop me from getting items and getting exp?

I played ArchAge and I spent a lot too, and I enjoyed it. I played League of Legend and I didn't spend anything and I enjoyed it aswell

Posted

wow sucked btw,  to the op, yes it is a good move.  freedom of choices is always good.

Posted

There is no meaningful PVP in the 1st place, people can spent different amount of time, different amount of money, if your meaningful PVP is about equal then you won't find it

"..., it is your choice and you choose it that way to experience this game."

Telling people to play the game their way, then telling me that part of why I enjoy the game isn't meaningful.

/thread

Posted

Your problem, no one elses.  Life isn't fair.  Some can play more than others, they will always have an advantage.  MMO's been like this since the days of MUD's.

You do realise people do sell top tier gear yes?  You do realise boss gear is in the night vendor?  THus, selling cash shop items = in game silver = buys the best gear = getting something very easily.

NO they shouldn't.  Thus whining that I have a life and kids and work is -----ing shit.  Either change your life, hobbies, or suck it up.

Ok, I am gona do it your way

Your problem, no one else. Life isn't fair that someone can spend more than others, they will always have an advantage.

So where do all those top tier gears come from that people are selling? They just paid some cash and it magiclly poped out?

Last bit, stop whining that I don't have money and my life is ---ing shit. Go work for money or beg, suck it up

Posted

To keep up with what? Why won't I have time to level?

Because someone spend a lot of money they can stop me from getting items and getting exp?

I played ArchAge and I spent a lot too, and I enjoyed it. I played League of Legend and I didn't spend anything and I enjoyed it aswell

Played AA and spent a lot? played LoL and spent nothing? so you spend where p2w exists? gg.

Posted

Not my fault you chose a Korean grindfest game when you have your wife's kids to look after.

Not my fault you choose a game where you can't afford to play???

Posted (edited)

Ok, I am gona do it your way

Your problem, no one else. Life isn't fair that someone can spend more than others, they will always have an advantage.

So where do all those top tier gears come from that people are selling? They just paid some cash and it magiclly poped out?

Last bit, stop whining that I don't have money and my life is ---ing shit. Go work for money or beg, suck it up

I can afford it, I just don't find p2w meaningful. It doesn't give me a sense of accomplishment.

Chill
- Ayl

Edited by Ayl
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You're playing 1-2 hours a day. You have 1 character. Said character is level 42. You've been playing for 2 months. You've barely experienced ANYTHING this game has to offer let alone the end game where p2w does make a very significant difference. You can buy ANYTHING in this game through the marketplace, as long as you have the silver. That includes boss armor and the best weapons possible. Fully upgraded too. This a pvp game. There are no end game raids or dungeon crawls. The pve content is limited because the focus is the pvp.

This is p2w because you can make more money selling cash shop items on the marketplace than you could grinding all day every day. You could literally sit in town for a month and just swipe your credit card and by the time you left town you'd be nearly invincible.

edit: Don't expect your opinion to hold any kind of weight if you have no idea what you're talking about. This "convenience" is the very definition of p2w.

Edited by joshyyo

Posted

Played AA and spent a lot? played LoL and spent nothing? so you spend where p2w exists? gg.

I spend money because the option exist that suits me to get a better experience, why not