• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

''No! We arent and wont be a pay to win game'' - BDO front page details 1 week before release.

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Q: ''Will you be a p2win game''?

A: ''No! We arent and wont be a pay to win game''

Word for word what it said on the details before release.  

20 people like this

Posted

They haven't lied though, game isn't P2W even with this change. 

9 people like this

Posted

They haven't lied though, game isn't P2W even with this change. 

At some point, you would need to wake up from your delusional dream where BDO isnt p2w.

48 people like this

Posted

At some point, you would need to wake up from your delusional dream where BDO isnt p2w.

You don't even know what the price of the cash shop items will be in the marketplace my friend, if anyone is dreaming it's yourself. You're claiming that it's P2W without any sort of fact. Whilst it's useful to have a fire extinguisher in case of a fire, it doesn't mean you should douse the walls every week with it before there's a fire. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

What Daum has said of P2W = they wont add any items into pearl shop which as AP/DP stats. Also Valkyr's Cry wont come in EU/NA

Costume selling in market is more of P2Skip than P2W.

You don't even know what the price of the cash shop items will be in the marketplace my friend, if anyone is dreaming it's yourself. You're claiming that it's P2W without any sort of fact. Whilst it's useful to have a fire extinguisher in case of a fire, it doesn't mean you should douse the walls every week with it before there's a fire. :) 

That is true and the fact atm.
Maybe they will limit the costume price up to 50mil or 25mil. That will be 5x 25 = 125 mil per week, so any player can earn that amount of silver by ingame.

Posted

People can't seem to grasp that these changes will further increase the barrier for new or returning players.

Players that play the game regularly won't feel guilty about spending extra money to make more silver in-game.  But being able to trade cash for silver makes it less likely new, returning or casual players will feel comfortable investing the time or energy into the game - because they sure won't spend money right away.

Either way, it's a bad feeling having spent the time and energy to grind gear up when people can just outright buy it with a click of the credit card.  It diminishes the integrity of the game.

6 people like this

Posted

Many do not see this as pay to win.  What was daums definition?  That is the one that counts. You, me and daum could all have differing views on what constitutes p2w.

1 person likes this

Posted

As far as I know P2W would be buying silver for real money which is not possible in bdo. So technically its not P2W even with the change.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You don't even know what the price of the cash shop items will be in the marketplace my friend,

Never said i was speaking about that. BDO already is p2w without that

"my friend"

Edited by woots

Posted

True definition of P2W means being able to buy items that give you an advantage that are not obtainable thru in game. Now do you still think that  silver isnt obtainable thru in game??? Jeesuz you peeps are retarded!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Funny thing is that many players who left i know them and they all spent 500E+ Before and now they all quit coz of p2w is not that they dont have money is that they dont like p2w games becouse will ruin the fun ............

First they add value pack oke , then lets add limited items to cash shop  next will be no limit for cash shop after that u will find kzarka and boss armors on cash shop

Posted

Yknow what happens when you stand on the tracks and stare at the train moving towards you wondering if it's gonna hit you?

It hits you.

2 people like this

Posted

The game isn't p2w.  That's just your opinion just as it is my opinion that it isn't.  There is no industry standard for what is or isn't p2w.   It is my opinion that unless you are able to purchase weapons/armor that is better than what is available to everyone else without spending real money or other items like scrolls that give combat related buffs then the game isn't pay to win.  If two players in this game have the exact same skill level and the exact same gear then nothing bought from the cash shop will make one win over the other.  It would then fall on skill, tactics and a bit of luck to decide who will win.

I think my opinion is also shared by the game maker.  Sorry you missed the notice where they said they might add these items to the market.  And if you think they EVER said they wouldn't ever allow these items to be sold on the mark then I think you are only being a bit delusional.

1 person likes this

Posted

Every single person saying the game isn't p2w is missing a very vital part of why this is bad. It doesn't matter if it is really p2w or not. It is being perceived as such. No amount of stating that it is not p2w will change this. EA tried that with Battlefield heroes, game closed down 1 year after they tried to convince people it wasn't p2w. Perception is reality to the vast majority of people. Daum/Kakao has done nothing to stop this perception, and has only did things that made people worry about it even more (heavy handed moderation of anti-p2w topics that didn't violate the rules). As a company, you don't want you game labeled as p2w in the western market, and you better do a lot to stop that perception, particular when bringing in a game from a culture that is percieved as a p2w culture.

3 people like this

Posted

Can we get a source or screenshot of this?

1 person likes this

Posted

"

Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway"

Posted

Depending on the definition of P2W, the game either was always P2W.  But it really comes down to how big an advantage you get with real money. It seems they think that advantage given by this isn't big enough to count as P2W

Posted

So with that logic we should elect killary because we don't know if she will be corrupt in the future. Because ignoring history is what you do best. Games that start this trend alway go full p2w, this is only the small piece of the beginning of the end.

Posted

Many do not see this as pay to win.  What was daums definition?  That is the one that counts. You, me and daum could all have differing views on what constitutes p2w.

actually no , it is the playerbases definition of p2w that counts , because if (and this is just an example , not my opinion of the current numbers) 90% of the player base dislike p2w and wont play a game with it , and a game says it wont go p2w but does down the line , they lose 90% of their player base and unless that 10% is honestly enough to pay for the servers then the games going to fail , and even then typically a game likes to have more players, its a sign of success.

point is , its the opinion of the people who effectively pay for the servers who count.

daum/pa can ''think'' that buying full pen boss gear is not p2w , but that wont mean shit if they lose alot of their player base because of it.

Posted (edited)

I don't get why people keep citing this (and that video interview)

There were people who thought the game was P2W even before this change, after that statement was made.

It's a completely ridiculous thing for a publisher to say, since "P2W" is such a nebulous, subjective term

It seems naive to me to act like this statement was an intentional lie or betrayal, IMO it was just, well, a stupid over-simplified answer.

Edited by Anemone

Posted

True definition of P2W

Source? Can you even name a single MMO that would fit your definition of P2W?

Posted (edited)

I don't get why people keep citing this (and that video interview)

There were people who thought the game was P2W even before this change, after that statement was made.

It's a completely ridiculous thing for a publisher to say, since "P2W" is such a nebulous, subjective term

It seems naive to me to act like this statement was an intentional lie or betrayal, IMO it was just, well, a stupid over-simplified answer.

It's more to do with how they have handled the entire thing. Instead of coming out and just saying what they were doing, they instead said things to at least try and appear to actually care about the p2w issue. People were willing to accept some p2w because so much of it had been removed. This cash shop thing was also removed because of the p2w issue. If it wasn't viewed as p2w to them, they wouldn't have removed it, unless all they were doing is trying to bait people into the game. Now, however much of that "p2w" is being put back in. All that needs added to be as p2w as RU and KR is the rng boxes and valk's cry and I can see them adding those as well in the future.

What a publisher needs to realize is that it is not the p2w itself that does the most damage to the game and their rep, it is simply the perception of p2w. If your player base is telling you to remove something because they feel it is pay2win and you add it, then it is going to be perceived as p2w and your game labeled as p2w no matter what your company's definition of p2w is.

Edited by Noth
2 people like this

Posted

Is that you, Pumped from Tera? If so, go back to Tera.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yknow what happens when you stand on the tracks and stare at the train moving towards you wondering if it's gonna hit you?

It hits you.

You know what happens when you stand on the tracks and stare at the train moving towards you wondering if it;s gonna hit you?

It stops, it goes on another track or you see that it is definitely going to hit you and move away. You're not starting at the train in this case, you heard that the train just left the station 50 miles away and are claiming it's going to hit you before you even see it. You don't even know how much the cash shop items will cost. :) 

Posted

What Daum has said of P2W = they wont add any items into pearl shop which as AP/DP stats. Also Valkyr's Cry wont come in EU/NA

Costume selling in market is more of P2Skip than P2W.

That is true and the fact atm.Maybe they will limit the costume price up to 50mil or 25mil. That will be 5x 25 = 125 mil per week, so any player can earn that amount of silver by ingame.

when you can access BiS jewely just with silver... buying silver is not "just" p2skip... Jordine Market is filled with BiS jewelery and there is the black market.

Money is power. So swapping money to ingame currency is ? p2w indeed.

Discussing the degrees of p2w is kinda useless. It's "a form" of p2w, how could anyone objectively refuse that ?

1 person likes this