• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

''No! We arent and wont be a pay to win game'' - BDO front page details 1 week before release.

87 posts in this topic

Posted

People can't seem to grasp that these changes will further increase the barrier for new or returning players.

Players that play the game regularly won't feel guilty about spending extra money to make more silver in-game.  But being able to trade cash for silver makes it less likely new, returning or casual players will feel comfortable investing the time or energy into the game - because they sure won't spend money right away.

Either way, it's a bad feeling having spent the time and energy to grind gear up when people can just outright buy it with a click of the credit card.  It diminishes the integrity of the game.

Any new player will already be so far behind the curve it won't matter if they do or don't add this, they would never be able to catchup with somebody who has been playing since release.

If a new player won't feel comfortable investing time or energy into the game because you can sell cash shop items on the market, the shouldn't feel any different if they don't add it. They are already so far behind nothing that new player does will matter.

Posted (edited)

They haven't lied though, game isn't P2W even with this change. 

Plunge do you get paychecks from Daum, or you are just a blinded fan boy?

Edited by Ikcen
1 person likes this

Posted

Still waiting for you to sue me, my lawyer has advised me to add you to the ignore list until you sue me. Keep on lying my friend! :) 

Posted

I'm wondering the same thing, the white knighting from Plunge is almost cartoon like it's so ridiculous.

Posted

Still waiting for you to sue me, my lawyer has advised me to add you to the ignore list until you sue me. Keep on lying my friend! :) 

I will, do not worry. When you call me a liar, you are lying in fact, and that does a moral damage to me. My lawyer will count the price of the damage, It takes time. And I'm not your friend for sure. But you did not answer Plunge do you get paychecks from Daum, or you are just a blinded fan boy?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I will, do not worry. When you call me a liar, you are lying in fact, and that does a moral damage to me. My lawyer will count the price of the damage, It takes time. And I'm not your friend for sure. But you did not answer Plunge do you get paychecks from Daum, or you are just a blinded fan boy?

Plunge is a Daum shill confirmed.

Edited by Jack Sparrow
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You know what happens when you stand on the tracks and stare at the train moving towards you wondering if it;s gonna hit you?

It stops, it goes on another track or you see that it is definitely going to hit you and move away. You're not starting at the train in this case, you heard that the train just left the station 50 miles away and are claiming it's going to hit you before you even see it. You don't even know how much the cash shop items will cost. :) 

none of our prices or changes from the Korean client have persisted. What reason do we have to suppose that they will? (Except the Pvp quest thing which at this rate will probably be announced next week.)

if nothing else the voice of protest will be the only reason the prices end up low. (If they do, but they won't) I'll be ecstatic if they are. First to pipe in and say I guess they do listen. (But I've lost my expectation to say that with the light of this announcement.)

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

As far as I know P2W would be buying silver for real money which is not possible in bdo. So technically its not P2W even with the change.

So buying Costumes with real money and selling them for silver is not the same huh?

Posted (edited)

Player A and player B both grind with maximum efficiency, earning 50 billion silver (insert any value here) within 0.00001% of each other.  They do the same life skills, and play exactly the same amount of time

Player A does not sell any cash shop items

Player B sells 5 costumes on the market and gains X amount of silver.

Both preorder a TRI OGRE RING for the maximum amount of silver that they have, and the preorder succeeds. 

What is this called?

Edited by Pace
edited gold to silver
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Many do not see this as pay to win.  What was daums definition?  That is the one that counts. You, me and daum could all have differing views on what constitutes p2w.

The reason Daum did not have this in at the beginning of the game was because it was a P2W "feature". They had discussed selling cash shop items on the marketplace and rejected it for our version back then because of that.

So by Daum's own definition this change would be a P2W one.

Q: ''Will you be a p2win game''?

A: ''No! We arent and wont be a pay to win game''

Word for word what it said on the details before release.  

As ooLinkoo said, do you have any screenshot of that?

Or does anyone else?

Out of curiosity, what would need to happen for you to consider the game to be P2W?

The reason I ask is because Daum has in the past talked about the inability to sell cash shop items on the marketplace as an example of the changes they've done to our version to avoid the P2W that exists in the other regions. Now if Daum themselves considered that a P2W feature, why do you feel that your own concept of P2W (whatever that may be) supersedes what the publisher themselves discussed as being P2W?

Edited by scau

Posted

PAY

200.gif

TO

Conor McGregor win money ufc winning

PROGRESS

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Source? Can you even name a single MMO that would fit your definition of P2W?

You know I do!! You ever heard of Allods online? you ever played Perfect world? Every tried any online browser games? They all have these pay monthly memberships that allow you to have additional power, health and damage resistance.

Posted

While not outright p2w it is dangerously close.

Posted

Yknow what happens when you stand on the tracks and stare at the train moving towards you wondering if it's gonna hit you?

It hits you.

One of the worst analogies ever. Did some dimwit come up with this? Worse is you actually using it like you have a point.

BTW, if you touch water you get wet!

Man I must be -----ing Einstein! 

Posted

You know I do!! You ever heard of Allods online? you ever played Perfect world? Every tried any online browser games? They all have these pay monthly memberships that allow you to have additional power, health and damage resistance.

Here you pay monthly membership for more silver, more XP. Both are equal to power.

Posted

none of our prices or changes from the Korean client have persisted. What reason do we have to suppose that they will? (Except the Pvp quest thing which at this rate will probably be announced next week.)

You're wrong though, our dye prices have never gone over 5 million silver because Daum controls the prices of the market. If they set a maximum, which they have done for every marketplace item then the price will never exceed this value. I've already shown how our marketplace is CHEAPER than Korea, Japan and Russia which means there is no logical reason to assume that out cash shop items will sell for 100 million. 

Unless you are from the future, you have no possible way of knowing what the costumes will sell for, neither do I of course however I have past evidence to hazard a guess.  

if nothing else the voice of protest will be the only reason the prices end up low.

Yeh, nothing to do with the fact that our items are cheaper than in Korea, no nothing to do with that...

Player A and player B both grind with maximum efficiency, earning 50 billion silver (insert any value here) within 0.00001% of each other.  They do the same life skills, and play exactly the same amount of time

Player A does not sell any cash shop items

Player B sells 5 costumes on the market and gains X amount of silver.

Both preorder a TRI OGRE RING for the maximum amount of silver that they have, and the preorder succeeds. 

What is this called?

Dunno what it's called but it's not P2W as now the cash shop purchaser has no silver to purchase further gear whilst the free user has more silver now and can purchase the next ring. If you want to play this game, is it P2W if one FREE user earns 300 million in a week and one FREE user earns 500 million in a week and is able to place a higher pre-order for the ring?

The reason Daum did not have this in at the beginning of the game was because it was a P2W "feature". They had discussed selling cash shop items on the marketplace and rejected it for our version back then because of that.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with gold sellers using stolen credit card info to sell cash shop items via gifting, I'm sure it had nothing to do with that at all even though they stated explicitly that was the reason and that cash shop items being returned via the marketplace would be a future possibility...

So by Daum's own definition this change would be a P2W one.

This is your definition, find me a post where Daum said that it wasn't included at the beginning due to being a P2W feature; otherwise not only are you lying but you're using logical fallacies. :) 

Out of curiosity, what would need to happen for you to consider the game to be P2W?

Gear being sold in the cash shop.

Gear being sold in the cash shop that has better stats than free gear.

The removal of RNG barriers for cash shop users.

ANY item that improves/protects gear enchanting that is ONLY available for cash shop users.

The reason I ask is because Daum has in the past talked about the inability to sell cash shop items on the marketplace as an example of the changes they've done to our version to avoid the P2W that exists in the other regions. Now if Daum themselves considered that a P2W feature, why do you feel that your own concept of P2W (whatever that may be) supersedes what the publisher themselves discussed as being P2W?

They've never said this though, at no point have they EVER said that cash shop items being sold through the marketplace as being P2W.

While not outright p2w it is dangerously close.

Ok, and your point is? Rough housing can come dangerously close to manslaughter, doesn't mean it's illegal. Being thirsty can come dangerously close to dying of thirst, doesn't mean it will. As long as the line isn't crossed, which it hasn't been, there is no issue.

Posted (edited)

So buying Costumes with real money and selling them for silver is not the same huh?

you can put it on the market but that doesn't mean it will sell. They could sit there and never get bought making you'll never get the silver.

I've have 4 relic shards on the market for more than 2 weeks. Those are usually a fairly liquid item to sell.  

While yes, selling cs items on the marketplace is almost like buying silver directly it can just as easily turn into a waste of real world cash.

I don't understand why people have such a difficult time understanding that it is far from a guaranteed silver income.

Edited by Irodu

Posted

Why didn't all you people quit when the outrage was here about ghillie suit being p2w?

1 person likes this

Posted

If people think it's going to stop at this, they're deluded. Expect RNG Boxes with Boss Armour soon and Valks Cry.

Posted (edited)

Not going to use the liar this time? :)

Also reported you by mistake so hit report and not quote but since your post wasn't anything to report I guess only me that can get a warning for false reporting :P

Edited by Nekhii

Posted (edited)

No its not. Sure you can buy 5 costumes a week and put them up on the marketplace but that doesnt mean that you will sell them.

Edited by Death_Grips

Posted

Selling real money for ingame currency counts as p2w in a legal sense since i have family members already have succesfull chargebacks based on this definition

1 person likes this

Posted

Not going to use the liar this time? :)

Let's be honest, aren't most lawyers liars? Doubt the report will do anything, I most probably get a lot of genuine reports from people who can't accept that someone has a different opinion. :) 

Selling real money for ingame currency counts as p2w in a legal sense since i have family members already have succesfull chargebacks based on this definition

Cool; I've got two cousins; an aunt from Spain and a very intelligent cat who have done charge-backs and lost as well as having their accounts banned. Can't call into question the validity of my statement without calling into question the validity of your own. :)

Also, for future reference supporting chargebacks or telling people to chargeback is actually against the ToS, just in case you get your posts removed and then want to claim the Daum is censoring people. 

Posted (edited)

Let's be honest, aren't most lawyers liars? Doubt the report will do anything, I most probably get a lot of genuine reports from people who can't accept that someone has a different opinion. :) 

Cool; I've got two cousins; an aunt from Spain and a very intelligent cat who have done charge-backs and lost as well as having their accounts banned. Can't call into question the validity of my statement without calling into question the validity of your own. :)

Also, for future reference supporting chargebacks or telling people to chargeback is actually against the ToS, just in case you get your posts removed and then want to claim the Daum is censoring people. 

I support a chargeback when it has legal grounds especially vs greedy companies. You can report me for it babe

Edited by MoZex

Posted (edited)

Sometimes I stay on these forums just to read plunge's comments and thank my parents for letting me get a solid education 

Edited by Friendlyfireon
1 person likes this