• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let's talk about Gates

Are gates balanced?   102 votes

1. 1. Are gates balanced?

• Yes.
    • No, they're too strong.
    • No, they're too weak.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd like to open up a constructive discussion about what to do about gates in Castle Sieges. They are way too tanky, especially for our version. 

I was just in a siege where it was 3v1 against the defending guild and it took 3 guilds each with 3 elephants over an hour to kill a single gate. The offensive guilds were rotating who was attacking the gate. I estimate that there was at least one elephant attacking the gate for about 75% of the time. In my opinion in a siege war of approximately 200 vs 70, the 200 ought to be able to win. 

What do you think? Should gates be nerfed? If so, by how much?

Please see the following detailed post explaining the difficulty sieging gates: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/107415-lets-talk-about-gates/&do=findComment&comment=1451259 

Edited by Rhyha

Posted (edited)

LotD has sieged two castles so far, each time it takes 1-1.5 hours straight of attacking the gate with numerous elephants to take it down. Thats a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I support this thread:o.

Edited by bizzaro

Posted

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska

Are these doors suppose to be balanced are awakenings damage? Doesn't make sense why its taking about an hour to knock a door down.

Posted

The gates takes to long to bring down. Stalls the meat of battle to much! KILL THEM ALL!

Posted

Yep. Those gates are clearly balanced for awakening or are bugged.

Posted

They are to much at this point.  If they want more input I will post more but they need to be toned down if they wont castle sieges to be more fun.

Posted (edited)

Adding a few more tags.

@GM_Dew @GM_Gemu

Edited by Rhyha

Posted (edited)

They absolutely take too long.  It took several guilds nearly a full siege period to get just the first two down.  The guild inside could essentially abandon the fort and the defenses could nearly take care of themselves.  If they are balanced with awakenings in mind, adjust them when we get them, not before.

Edited by nightbloom

Posted

Gate is broken

P2W Gate

Posted

Gate to win

Posted

Gate to strong, but honestly the sewer is where its at. 

Posted

I'd like to open up a constructive discussion about what to do about gates in Castle Sieges. They are way too tanky, especially for our version. 

I was just in a siege where it was 3v1 against the defending guild and it took 3 guilds each with 3 elephants over an hour to kill a single gate. The offensive guilds were rotating who was attacking the gate. I estimate that there was at least one elephant attacking the gate for about 75% of the time. In my opinion in a siege war of approximately 200 vs 70, the 200 ought to be able to win. 

What do you think? Should gates be nerfed? If so, by how much?

We only had 56 Veritas members tonight :/ 

Was a fun fight, nice to see you guys not dodging for once. But yea, these gates are absolutely way too strong. I get they need to be tough or else elephants would be unstoppable(they are hard as hell to kill w/ armor), but you could reduce the hp by 50% and they'd still be maybe a bit too strong. 

What your scores look like? 

Posted (edited)

Was a fun fight, nice to see you guys not dodging for once. But yea, these gates are absolutely way too strong. I get they need to be tough or else elephants would be unstoppable(they are hard as hell to kill w/ armor), but you could reduce the hp by 50% and they'd still be maybe a bit too strong. 

I'll look.. probably not impressive since we were throwing ourselves at the gate.

Real talk though. those gates are balanced for something that comes out later in the game etc.  Doesn't help it ruins the castle siege mechanics until awakenings come out etc

Edited by Lake

Posted

Has anyone successfully sieged a defended castle on NA or EU?

Posted

Gates are way to strong, let me start off by saying we've participated in every Caslte Siege thus far at Lords of the Dead.  Both sieges were lost by the caslte owners within a hour of so or starting, forcing them to stay inside of their castles and defend.  Both sieges still ended in a stalemate due to the ridiculous survivability of castle gates.

In the first castle siege it was two guilds sieging the door for a couple of hours, we threw at least half a dozen elephant attacks and countless cannon fire at the door and finally managed to break it with little to no time left in the castle siege.  We were then met with another identical castle door to even reach the enemies base, a door that would take well over an hour to kill with constant siege on it.  The battle ended in a stalemate and the guild lost its castle but no one else was able to take it.  

The second castle siege was absolute verification that these gates are blatantly overpowered, a castle defense is supposed to be based on Guilds wiping the players that attack their gate and keeping them away while pushing out and attacking the obviously more vulnerable bases.  The actual base, that castle owners have so much money to spend on, are supposed to be where the real battle for the castle begin.  We can't get past the doors to begin the actual base siege and here's my guess at what was used this time around, keep in mind it still took this over an hour to take down one gate

Nearly two Dozen Elephant attacks with varied abilities
An hour of 3-4 Cannons Firing non-stop
3 Different guilds rotating in and out (150 players at least) to attack the gate.

Now the mechanic to help attackers against turtling is supposed to be alternate paths in the form of jumping puzzles and sewers, the problem with that is you filter yourselves out before you even reach the inside of the castle and since the doors themselves need little to no defending you can commit your entire force to cutting off these jumping puzzle areas.  My suggestion would be to lower the gates HP by 60% and 50% respectively(assuming all castles are two gates), our version of sieges are supposed to have Awakening weapons and even with them there are reports of Korea still taking an hour to take down a gate.  Fro mwhat I hear every defending guild that hasn't been able to wipe their war area has lost their castle to a stalemate, meaning attackers have to wait two weeks to truly claim a castle instead of one.  We need some quick action out of Daum this time around so please pass this topic and its poll on too Pearl Abyss at your earliest convenience, thank you.

3 people like this

Posted

I agree with many of the points previously stated regarding the lack of balance.  The castle doors are just absurdly difficult to take down in the current game state.  

That being said, it is also important to note that this situation really takes a lot of enjoyment out of the siege wars.  Spending roughly half of your allotted time just to take down one of two gates isn't exactly anyone's idea of a good time.  The interaction with other players is what makes these multiplayer gaming environments so entertaining.  Doors are not players.  Doors are not entertaining.  This much game-play should not be spent on doors.  The doors just need to have a more reasonable health pool.

Posted

It was stated on the Aug 4 KR  Patch notes, They have added Pearl Shop Mega Hammer that takes the gate down in under 20mins if undefended.

Posted (edited)

LotD has sieged two castles so far, each time it takes 1-1.5 hours straight of attacking the gate with numerous elephants to take it down. Thats a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I support this thread:o.

Bruh, it's been more than 1-1.5 hours each time.  2+

The PVgate design is one of the worst I've seen in a castle siege type MMO. 

Pretty sure nothing great since we focus on the objective and will throw our bodies under the tanks if needed.  Think I had 60+ kills with 40+ deaths using a helmet ram into the gate.  We need that troll with the big hammer helmet from the last Hobbit movie to ram that thing :(

Edited by LordLeshil

Posted (edited)

there really is no reason for gates to be this tough. I can understand the defending guild should get some type of defense boost since they will likely be ganged up on - but if 200+ and 6 elephants can't get the gate down in an hour then something is terribly wrong. both gates should take about 1.5 hours of work for relatively unmolested attackers. otherwise a guild can just sit inside a lol the whole time. 

I do understand the intent would be to give the defending guild the ability to run out and destroy enemy towers, but if they can't do that in the first two hours then what's the point...  They would have lost a regular bode war in that time

Edited by Adron
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, with gates this strong, it completely negates the urgency/fun of sieges. There should never be a time when a castle goes unclaimed for a week due to a structure being practically unkillable. That's just silly.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

With Yesterday's siege, I can confirm that the gates are way too strong. Flex / FoE / LoTD came at our Gates with 15+ elephants before it was taken down. Needless to say that they would have taken the territory if those gates were balanced. This needs a fix asap. 

On another note, I would like to say that last night's siege was the best pvp I have experienced so far in bdo. Even though my time in bdo has come to an end, I appreciate that the big guilds stepped up to veritas / legatum for that epic battle last night. 

- Runick, yur meme meister

Edited by Runick
1 person likes this

Posted

Even though my time in bdo has come to an end, I appreciate fighting all of you strong guilds at the same time. 

- Runick, yur meme meister

Sounds more like the three strong guilds were fighting the extremely strong door most of the time. ;)

I agree, doors are way too strong, need balance asap. 

Posted

I thought this was a PvP game not PvGate. :P

Posted

Sounds more like the three strong guilds were fighting the extremely strong door most of the time. ;)

I agree, doors are way too strong, need balance asap. 

Nah, even before the gates we weren't making it easy on them. I had over 150 kills by the time their first elephant started beating on those gates. We just didn't have enough people this weekend to operate like we used too. 56 Veritas, and less in Legatum. 

Anyway, regardless of all that nonsense, it was hella fun and I don't think there's anyone who was there who didn't have a good time.

Posted (edited)

Nah, even before the gates we weren't making it easy on them. I had over 150 kills by the time their first elephant started beating on those gates. We just didn't have enough people this weekend to operate like we used too. 56 Veritas, and less in Legatum. 

Anyway, regardless of all that nonsense, it was hella fun and I don't think there's anyone who was there who didn't have a good time.

Until it turned pvgate.  After that I just ate Inn and Out.

Edit.. so ya, I guess I was having fun ;P.    Bump....Fix the gate

Edited by Lake