• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum Eu cant handle the truth

81 posts in this topic

Posted

this is so disgusting and sad. just check the link guys! https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4we83s/daum_broken_trust_and_censorship/

MOD EDIT (Dim): The above thread was removed due to the heavy derailment and constant insults. The user was  not warned because of his/her opinion, but because of posts made in the same thread that weren't in line with the forum rules.

2 people like this

Posted

what ppl get that think they can just keep on and on and think nothing will happen to them like they are a special Snowflake and nothing can touch them

Posted

Man this isnt proof of anything. That person posted a thread, and they were insulting people who didnt read their post. They were banned.

You cant post something saying "oh i'm the victim" and link some well written post, then say you were banned for that post.

We have no proof of why that person was banned or what was the last straw that had the devs ban them.

You people are in your emotions too much and think you all are more important than you really are. Tired of all of these complainers trying to make it seem like they are the noble and humble banner carriers for the angry players.

Most of the stuff I see as "proof" being posted by people are assumptions based on vague statements from Daum in the past.

Posted

A link to a post by another user that think BDO has failed in Korea.

Oh! how he is so wrong: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4wfxrv/debunking_kr_bdo_is_dead_with_facts_and_data_how/

The best part is, when people mass quit Archeage, and called it a dead game, it yet it's still alive today.

Failed is subjective,

For the playerbase it means there's not enough players to carry out group activities;

For a publisher it's the cash rolling in.

Cash is the only metric that matters in the end. There's tons of games that are deserted but the whales keep them afloat for long enough. Pun not intended but welcome. :)

Posted

Man this isnt proof of anything. That person posted a thread, and they were insulting people who didnt read their post. They were banned.

You cant post something saying "oh i'm the victim" and link some well written post, then say you were banned for that post.

We have no proof of why that person was banned or what was the last straw that had the devs ban them.

You people are in your emotions too much and think you all are more important than you really are. Tired of all of these complainers trying to make it seem like they are the noble and humble banner carriers for the angry players.

Most of the stuff I see as "proof" being posted by people are assumptions based on vague statements from Daum in the past.

His thread was deleted. If he was banned for another post then why was the thread deleted? A lot of people (me included) strongly agreed with that thread and it was not breaking the rules in anyway.

Posted (edited)

BDO Korea is not dead, it is a failure. Daum took in charge from CBT3, and the bad changes started. In the OBT BDO became a quite different game from the initial concept of Pearl Abyss. Many of the things that were promised and even implemented were removed or nerfed. In fact the new content added since then is only the controversial to the aesthetic of the game pirate island, that was implemented just because of the costumes of Caribbean pirates in the cash shop. The Valencia area was almost ready at the start of the OBT. But Daum waited months to add it into the game.

Also there were open world bosses in CBT2, added months later after the release. There were no solo bosses. The mobs attacked towns. There were a formation system to support the multiplayer gameplay. And etc.

So, when the OBT started the players were hyped for the new beautiful game. Daum count 1.5 millions accounts for the first 3 months after the start. Then, 3 month later maybe less than 100 000 people still played. Now they are less. As the game started as F2P, no matter of the fast implementation of the cash shop, Daum probably lost money in Korea.

The game started in top 30 of the Korean gaming chart, then it fell out of the top 100. Now it is on 75 place. There were not channels at the start, but the fading population pushed Daum to merge the servers into one with 24 channels. Now it is half empty.

This is the true story of BDO in Korea.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

Hmm, maybe because the thread became a toxic presence on this forums. Maybe because the thread was a flame war. Maybe because the Devs got tired of continually getting "tagged' in the thread from people demanding answers or some official statement when they already announced to everyone that they would be giving us details this coming week.

If I remember correctly the initial thread post was in a professional manner but the thread after that degraded into a flame war.

Threads like that sometimes arent just locked, they sometimes are deleted.

I've seen it happen in other MMO forums as well. And it wasn't censorship, it was the forum mods using their mod powers to stop a cancerous thing on the forums.

This is their forums, and they have the decision to delete things that arent positive for the community. Given that his long well thought out thread was based on speculation and without any of the pricing or data from Daum that is coming this week. His post was mostly based on the fear that this will turn into the worst possible situation ever............when it may in fact not.

IBDO Korea is not dead, it is a failure. Daum took in charge from CBT3, and the bad changes started. In the OBT BDO was quite different game from the initial concept of Pearl Abyss. Many of the things that were promised and even implemented were removed or nerfed. In fact the new content added since then is only the controversial to the aesthetic of the game pirate island, that was implemented just because of the costumes of Caribbean pirates in the cash shop. The Valencia area was almost ready at the start of the OBT. But Daum waited months to add it into the game.

Also there were open world bosses in CBT2, added months later after the release. There were no solo bosses. The mobs attack towns. There were a formation system to support the multiplayer gameplay. And etc.

So, when the OBT started the players were hyped for the new beautiful game. Daum count 1.5 millions accounts for the first 3 months after the start. Then, 3 month later maybe less than 100 000 people left. Now they are far less. As the game started as F2P, no matter of the fast implementation of the cash shop, Daum probably lost money in Korea.

The game started in top 30 of the Korean gaming chart, then it fell out of the top 100. Now it is on 75 place. There were not channels at the start, but the fading population pushed Daum to merge the servers into one with 24 channels. Now it is half empty.

Icken.......so you are quoting data that someone in Korea has made a post to refute. So who is correct then? Someone who still plays the game and took data from in-game and compared relevant MMO site rankings? Or people who dont even play KR BDO?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4wfxrv/debunking_kr_bdo_is_dead_with_facts_and_data_how/

Posted

Disgrace...... Fukin disgrace.. WHAT YOU GONNA DAUM... ? BAN ALL THE FUKIN FORUM!?!?!? LIERS. CONFRONT US.

Posted

BDO Korea is not dead, it is a failure. Daum took in charge from CBT3, and the bad changes started. In the OBT BDO was quite different game from the initial concept of Pearl Abyss. Many of the things that were promised and even implemented were removed or nerfed. In fact the new content added since then is only the controversial to the aesthetic of the game pirate island, that was implemented just because of the costumes of Caribbean pirates in the cash shop. The Valencia area was almost ready at the start of the OBT. But Daum waited months to add it into the game.

Also there were open world bosses in CBT2, added months later. There were no solo bosses. The mobs attack towns. There were a formation system to support the multiplayer gameplay. And etc.

So, when the OBT started the players were hyped for the new beautiful game. Daum count 1.5 millions accounts for the first 3 months after the start. Then, 3 month later maybe less than 100 000 people left. Now they are far less. As the game started as F2P, no matter of the fast implementation of the cash shop, Daum probably lost money in Korea.

Using websites as ranking source with latest news in 2014 posted. Yeah valid history bro.

Posted

Hmm, maybe because the thread became a toxic presence on this forums. Maybe because the thread was a flame war. Maybe because the Devs got tired of continually getting "tagged' in the thread from people demanding answers or some official statement when they already announced to everyone that they would be giving us details this coming week.

If I remember correctly the initial thread post was in a professional manner but the thread after that degraded into a flame war.

Threads like that sometimes arent just locked, they sometimes are deleted.

I've seen it happen in other MMO forums as well. And it wasn't censorship, it was the forum mods using their mod powers to stop a cancerous thing on the forums.

This is their forums, and they have the decision to delete things that arent positive for the community. Given that his long well thought out thread was based on speculation and without any of the pricing or data from Daum that is coming this week. His post was mostly based on the fear that this will turn into the worst possible situation ever............when it may in fact not.

Why BAN the OP?
Why BAN and remove reposts of only the OP?
Why not BAN and or remove the flame / hostile posts?
Why not close it like MANY other threads that degrade into flame wars, but where the OP was of quality feedback?

This is their forums. But they've also invited us on to provide constructive criticism of these changes. Which is exactly that the OP had done.
Instead inviting criticism they banned the OP for providing professional, reasonable, and constructive criticism.

People being upset about that kind of punishment for providing criticism are in the wrong in your eyes?

3 people like this

Posted

The mobs attacked towns.

This reminds me of zone invasions in Rift. At the start you'd get invasion that took over the whole area. On paper this was an epic idea but in reality it had major flaws.

At the start when everyone was in the starting zones great but afterwards when fewer players were in them the zones where completely controlled and at that time is was not possible to solo them. In the end the invasions disappeared after a while and mobs were weakened.

Moral of the story: great ideas dont work out in practice.

Posted (edited)

Icken.......so you are quoting data that someone in Korea has made a post to refute. So who is correct then? Someone who still plays the game and took data from in-game and compared relevant MMO site rankings? Or people who dont even play KR BDO?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4wfxrv/debunking_kr_bdo_is_dead_with_facts_and_data_how/

I'm playing the game from CBT2 in Korea. My source is not just Gamenote, no matter the author of this thread in Reddit probably cannot explain how the game was in top 30 at the start. My source is Daum - they said they have 1,5 millions of subscribers, not me. Also I know very what game was BDO in CBT2, then in OBT, and what game is now.

Edited by Ikcen
1 person likes this

Posted

The best part is, when people mass quit Archeage, and called it a dead game, it yet it's still alive today.

dude, you can count the active archeage players by hand. The servers arent down, but there isnt a commiunity anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted

As I said we all do not know why the OP was banned. And usually it isnt for just posting one thread. I dont trust people who go to other forums and cry about being banned and try to make their selves a Martyr. Out of all my years playing MMOs and all the forum users complaining that some company was censoring them like some kind of scheme, it rarely (and I mean rarely) was the full truth that the forum poster was giving. In many cases it was the forum user pushing the envelop and when the last straw was broken, then they wanted to cry victim.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm playing the game from CBT2 in Korea. My source is not just Gamenote, no matter the author of this thread in Reddit probably cannot explain how the game was in top 30 at the start. My source is Daum - they said they have 1,5 millions of subscribers, not me. Also I know very what game was BDO in CBT2, then in OBT, and what game is now.

Your source isn't gamenote, but then you quote gamenote's numbers.

K.

Posted

Then post your data and facts Ikcen.

In my adult life, I've learned to trust numbers and proof rather than someone just saying "I know this information in my head"

Posted

dude, you can count the active archeage players by hand. The servers arent down, but there isnt a commiunity anymore.

sure you can you ppl love to fing exaggerate to suit your stories

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not sure what you mean? http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/?search_mode=weekly - BDO is 75 this week.

What they mean is that if a website has not had any updated posts or maintenance since 2014, that is a bad since that the website is on auto-pilot and no one is updating the links or where the data is coming from.

A poorly maintained website is the first warning that its data may be less than valid

Posted

Then post your data and facts Ikcen.
In my adult life, I've learned to trust numbers and proof rather than someone just saying "I know this information in my head"

What data and facts? What do you think is wrong in my story? You can easily check about the formations, the statement of 1.5 millions players, the attacks of bosses and mobs, the merge of the servers, and the financial results of Daum. Use Google. You probably can find my posts about the game form the CBT2 and the OBT.

Posted

A link to a post by another user that think BDO has failed in Korea.

Oh! how he is so wrong: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4wfxrv/debunking_kr_bdo_is_dead_with_facts_and_data_how/

Yup, it is always dead to the vocal majority, who just piggy back ride on the "its dead" train. 

Posted

What data and facts? What do you think is wrong in my story? You can easily check about the formations, the statement of 1.5 millions players, the attacks of bosses and mobs, the merge of the servers, and the financial results of Daum. Use Google. You probably can find my posts about the game form the CBT2 and the OBT.

Facts.......meaning data. I want to see you do what the other guy did. They posted data, numbers, investigations of where these websites pull their data from. And his was recent.

You in comparison.......are just making statements. With no facts. And you are quoting shit from CBT and OBT in KR. That was so fricken long ago and anyone who plays MMOs should know that shit changes in betas. Thats why they are BETAS. Decisions change. 

You are quoting opinions and talking about CBT OBT KR issues. That shows your data is opinionated and you are using outdated arguments to validate your point.

Posted

it yet it's still alive today.

Define "alive" game, please. 

Posted (edited)

Facts.......meaning data. I want to see you do what the other guy did. They posted data, numbers, investigations of where these websites pull their data from. And his was recent.
You in comparison.......are just making statements. With no facts. And you are quoting shit from CBT and OBT in KR. That was so fricken long ago and anyone who plays MMOs should know that shit changes in betas. Thats why they are BETAS. Decisions change. 

You are quoting opinions and talking about CBT OBT KR issues. That shows your data is opinionated and you are using outdated arguments to validate your point.

And most of the things they posted are wrong. I was there, they quote, quotations of quotations and some speculative theories. The simplest thing is to check the financial reports of Daum if you do not believe me. If you cannot find them, probably you should learn how to use an internet browser. As for the game in CBT2, check the history of the Facebook page of PA, and the videos made by players in CBT2. If you do not believe me, it is your own problem, but not mine.

Edited by Ikcen