• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum Eu cant handle the truth

81 posts in this topic

Posted

A link to a post by another user that think BDO has failed in Korea.

Oh! how he is so wrong: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4wfxrv/debunking_kr_bdo_is_dead_with_facts_and_data_how/

The best part is, when people mass quit Archeage, and called it a dead game, it yet it's still alive today.

I actually quit playing AA twice, not for the cash items, first was those terrible weeks after launch with que, so I played something else. Come back after new year, played had fun, played for free since ppl through their irl money, I bought apex with ingame gold. Quitted when GTA got realesed. And after that tons of good games got out played those until I get hooked on BDO. And I play this until i get bored, or something new or something irl draws me away. If you play a game for diffrent reasons then having fun, well its up to you, for me its all about the fun.

1 person likes this

Posted

And most of the things they posted are wrong. I was there, they quote, quotations of quotations and some speculative theories. The simplest thing is to check the financial reports of Daum if you do not believe me. If you cannot find them, probably you should learn how to use an internet browser. As for the game in CBT2, check the history of the Facebook page of PA, and the videos made by players in CBT2. If you do not believe me, it is your own problem, but not mine.

Its not my problem. I dont have a problem. I am saying I dont believe your statements because you cannot prove it.

Its not my responsibility to search for data to validate your argument if you cant even supply the info to back you up.

You say "I was there", thats your opinion of the situation it isnt facts. What year of financial reports do you want me to pull up? I do accounting for a living so that shit is real easy for me to read and understand. The ones I found were all in Korean so can you link me the english versions?

But I stand firm in that I do not believe people who cannot back their arguement up and use opinions from years ago to say what is currently happening.

Posted

Disgrace...... Fukin disgrace.. WHAT YOU GONNA DAUM... ? BAN ALL THE FUKIN FORUM!?!?!? LIERS. CONFRONT US.

I don't think they are overly concerned about an illiterate minority - maybe when you can string together a real sentence, they might take you a little more seriously.

Posted (edited)

Its not my problem. I dont have a problem. I am saying I dont believe your statements because you cannot prove it.
Its not my responsibility to search for data to validate your argument if you cant even supply the info to back you up.

You say "I was there", thats your opinion of the situation it isnt facts. What year of financial reports do you want me to pull up? I do accounting for a living so that shit is real easy for me to read and understand. The ones I found were all in Korean so can you link me the english versions?

But I stand firm in that I do not believe people who cannot back their arguement up and use opinions from years ago to say what is currently happening.

I doubt you will call financial reports shit, if you actually work with them :) And it is ridiculous you cannot find them as all you need is to write in Google - Daum, profit.

http://www.kakaocorp.com/en/ir/earnings

upper right side, you can choose the year.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

I doubt you will call financial reports shit, if you actually work with them :) And it is ridiculous you cannot find them as all you need is to write in Google - Daum, profit.

I call my work shit because it is shit. 

Working with numbers isnt fun it doesnt matter what i call it. At the end of the day work is work.

Ok so I googled Daum profit...........you know what came up first? 

"
Daum Kakao profit falls 23% after increase in ad spend"

Is this your proof? As I said before, if you really know accounting, alot goes into these numbers. You cant claim they are doing bad because they pumped money into advertising that year. Which means..........your profit percentage for the year decreased because you spent more money this year in comparison to that quarter last year

You linked an article from someone documenting the changed to the game. You arent giving data that validates your original arugment.

Posted

I call my work shit because it is shit. 
Working with numbers isnt fun it doesnt matter what i call it. At the end of the day work is work.

Ok so I googled Daum profit...........you know what came up first? 

"
Daum Kakao profit falls 23% after increase in ad spend"

Is this your proof? As I said before, if you really know accounting, alot goes into these numbers. You cant claim they are doing bad because they pumped money into advertising that year. Which means..........your profit percentage for the year decreased because you spent more money this year in comparison to that quarter last year

You linked an article from someone documenting the changed to the game. You arent giving data that validates your original arugment.

Probably you should change your work, only losers do job they do not like. Anyway, again:

Posted

what ppl get that think they can just keep on and on and think nothing will happen to them like they are a special Snowflake and nothing can touch them

i pray english isnt your first language

Posted (edited)

Probably you should change your work, only losers do job they do not like. Anyway, again:

Yea I probably should, but the fact of life is that most adults do what they have to do in order to survive, doing what you like comes after that.

If you are trying to show that they have a lower profit so far in 2016 than 2015, the percentage difference is not that large in Q1.

2015 ended out better than 2014.

There is a sharp decline in profit for 2015 but that is because their Operating Expenses went from $332,431 in 2014 to $843,564 in 2015. That is a huge uptick in expenses. And that is one of the reasons the year for 2016 is starting off a bit sluggish.

Also if you want to analyse the online gaming pofit you have to take into account what promotions they may have been running those quarters. Because it is a F2P game there, they have to monetize with cash shop items. Which means at some points they will do sales, or releases of new items which may generate more revenue for that period. F2P games rely on some of those "boost" events to pump more money into the game

Try again. You keep linking stuff but you arent even analyzing it.

Edited by Ravare

Posted

" A few good forum members" ? 

Posted

" A few good forum members" ? 

I don't need an army, I need twenty good shitposters

Posted (edited)

Yea I probably should, but the fact of life is that most adults do what they have to do in order to survive, doing what you like comes after that.
If you are trying to show that they have a lower profit so far in 2016 than 2015, the percentage difference is not that large in Q1.

2015 ended out better than 2014.

There is a sharp decline in profit for 2015 but that is because their Operating Expenses went from $332,431 in 2014 to $843,564 in 2015. That is a huge uptick in expenses. And that is one of the reasons the year for 2016 is starting off a bit sluggish.

Also if you want to analyse the online gaming pofit you have to take into account what promotions they may have been running those quarters. Because it is a F2P game there, they have to monetize with cash shop items. Which means at some points they will do sales, or releases of new items which may generate more revenue for that period. F2P games rely on some of those "boost" events to pump more money into the game

Try again. You keep linking stuff but you arent even analyzing it.

No, you missed the point. We are talking about Korea, not EU/NA. Check the quarterly results. As a remember the OBT started in December 2014, so you should check Q4 2014, Q1 2015 and Q2 2015. Also why do you point the expenses, as they publish consolidated reports and you can check the revenues of online games. Profit is not important as it may vary to different reasons.

And read this:

http://black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/

it is written by people who actually played all the CBTs and the OBT in Korea, and had a close communication with Pearl Abyss before Daum to become a publisher. To be fair I personally disagree with some of their points, but in general they made a very good chronology of the changes in the game before and after Daum.

Edited by Ikcen
1 person likes this

Posted

i pray english isnt your first language

pray you never have kids and world be few ass wipes less or pray for they never have birth defect or pray for them never to have a learning disability oh btw see as we going to talk language the word is Isn't 

Posted

I don't need an army, I need twenty good shitposters

Posted

Go on Reddit. :) Proof that website is not a good source ;)

BDO was in top 30 in the start of the OBT, it was a very high debut. Anyway, even if Gamenote is absolutely wrong, most of the channels of BDO in Korea are literally empty. It is something obvious. The rankings do not matter, if you check the server. It is the same in Russia.

Posted

BDO was in top 30 in the start of the OBT, it was a very high debut. Anyway, even if Gamenote is absolutely wrong, most of the channels of BDO in Korea are literally empty. It is something obvious. The rankings do not matter, if you check the server. It is the same in Russia.

Why would I believe someone who's stating claims on empty things without any proof. Check Reddit and grow up. :)

Posted (edited)

Why would I believe someone who's stating claims on empty things without any proof. Check Reddit and grow up. :)

Reddit is an ignorant place where fan boys get in groups by interest and ignore every different opinion, so I will not check it. You are just an example for that attitude, as you literally ignore everything I write even here in this forum  Why should you believe me? There is no reason, and I do not care, if you do not, that is your own problem. I know what happened, because I saw it, so I know. Well at the start of the OBT the server in Korea was full. So maybe 24 channels are too much in general. Anyway I never said BDO is dead, I say it is a failure, and it has a terrible gameplay.

And I doubt you can convince anybody in the opposite, because we see it now in EU/NA too. We know how full were the servers at the beginning, we see empty channels now. And the gameplay is a terrible RNG grind.

Gamenote do not pay me, so I will not support them, if the ranking is wrong, it is OK. The financial reports of Daum cannot be wrong.

Q4 2014 (December - BDO in KR, F2P without a cash shop) 7,710 – Q1 2015 (BDO OBT KR F2P with a cash shop) 11,225 – Q2 2015 (BDO OBT KR) 10,996 – Q3 2015 (Official release in KR) 8,114 – Q4 2015 (Valencia patch in KR) 8,784 – Q1 2016 (Preorders and official release in EU/NA) 16,694.

See the picture - Q1 2015 revenue up with 45.6%, Q2 revenue down with 20.4%, Q3 revenue down with 26.1%, Q4 revenue up with 8.3% - Q1 2016 revenue up with 90%. If we remove the cyclical effects and the average results from other games, and as I look close at the game in that period, I can say all these changes are related mainly with BDO. The aggregate result from the other games, as they form a large portfolio of titles, is relatively stable. So BDO started pretty well, then the player base fell with 70%. This is the story numbers tell me. Daum are free to say I'm wrong, but they will not :)

Do you know what is your problem, and the problem of all the fan boys?

If you criticize the issues in the gameplay Daum may fix them or maybe not. But if you act as a fanboy, and ignore the issues for sure nobody will fix them. You actually ruin the game with your deviant idea of support.

Edited by Ikcen
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

pray you never have kids and world be few ass wipes less or pray for they never have birth defect or pray for them never to have a learning disability oh btw see as we going to talk language the word is Isn't 

lol. you talk about an apostrophe i leave out of 'isnt' and yet write a sentence missing like a million commas and periods. Nice try tho :D learn 2 grammar before you insult others.

"see as we going to talk language"..... ROFLMAO

Edited by Reckoner

Posted

Ok so Featherine gets banned for a few heated messages, meanwhile some dimwits are allowed to stroll and spit through the forums since release without contributing 0.001% of what he did to the BDO community.

That makes sense i guess.

Posted

is it Wednesday yet?

Posted

MOD EDIT (Dim): The above thread was removed due to the heavy derailment and constant insults. The user was  not warned because of his/her opinion, but because of posts made in the same thread that weren't in line with the forum rules.

Thanks for the edit Dim, it doesn't make it any better one bit.

If the user in question was banned for insults or whatever then why was the other users in that thread arguing with him not banned? Why did you delete the thread rather than lock it? Because you're scared the community will know the truth that nothing in the thread warranted removal? So you deleted the evidence?

@Dim

Posted

is it Wednesday yet?

In the precise terminology of Daum/Hair Salon:

Soon

Posted

Thanks for the edit Dim, it doesn't make it any better one bit.

If the user in question was banned for insults or whatever then why was the other users in that thread arguing with him not banned? Why did you delete the thread rather than lock it? Because you're scared the community will know the truth that nothing in the thread warranted removal? So you deleted the evidence?

@Dim

Also, what happened to all the feedback on that thread?

Wasnt feedback what they were looking for?

Posted

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.  YOU WANT ME ON THAT WALL.  YOU NEED ME ON THAT WALL!