• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Open Letter to PW2 Haters

158 posts in this topic

Posted

I realize the majority of players here are kids and for the better part millennials, so perhaps you may not fully understand or appreciate what I'm about to explain to you.

The entire business theory behind "Play to Win" was created because of your generation.  I'm 40 years old.  I started played MMOs in 1999 with Ultima, Everquest and Asheron's Call.  Those were the real MMOs to me, and nothing will ever compare.  After those came Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes and then....World of Warcraft.  Do you know what they all had in common?  A price.  You pay $49.99 for the game and a monthly fee between $9.99 to $14.99 to continue playing each month.  Don't like the game anymore?  Cancel your subscription.  Most updates were free besides major expansion packs.  

Then came you folks, the current society and the belief that everything should be "free".  It's the "me me me" attitude.  You think you are the most important person in the world.  Products, people and how the world works should revolve around you.  Yes, I'm referring to all you players who cry when you have to actually pay for something.  I'm guessing you are all Sander supporters who wants to free load off everyone who works.  I've been working since I was five, yes that five years old.  I worked through high school, college, after college, etc.  Currently, I work about 60 hours a week and make an excellent living supporting my family. But, the major difference between people like me and people like you...I don't expect anything for free.

Let me break this down for you in simple terms.  The only reason there is such a business system as "Free to Play" is because you people were to cheap to buy a game in the first place.  A company spends thousands of hours developing a product and you want it for free?  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  Would you work for free?  The answer is no.  And, before you start crying "Well, we had to buy BDO", who cares.  Do you have a monthly subscription?  No.  So, your complaint is that you had to buy a game for $30 which is playable for years without another penny?  This is when the "Play to Win" system came into play.  Companies had to get people like you to play their products and then, if possible, get you to actually reward them for their work by paying currency.  That's the stuff that pays for life (in case some of you, or many of you, don't know what that is).  See, nothing in life is free - nothing.

When I read all these new players crying over a few dollars I simply shake my head.  It's your fault the system is this way.  If you never cried about not being able to play games for free this would never be an issue.  There was never a "Cash Shop" with Ultima, Everyquest, Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Hero or even World of Warcraft.  But, there was always PLAY TO WIN in all those games because gold farming and selling existed.  It was utterly the worse in WoW, I don't recall anyone quitting the game or crying over that.  Hmm....wonder why that is.  You know what Black Desert Online doesn't have?  Gold farming and selling.  They built the game so it's impossible.  I give them major props for that and if you think the next patch will change anything - it won't.

As a casual gamer now I could care less about the Cash Shop being available to players for silver.  So what.  Half you people keep saying "Well, you casuals will never be better than me in PvP because I took the time to learn the class".  Okay, you're likely correct.  So then why are you upset?  Yes, let that question sink in for a moment.  If being great at a game makes you proud, well you still are after this patch based on your theory.  Besides, let's all be real and face the fact that the majority of players who dislike this patch are the ones who play 24/7.  And if you say "It's not fair" I have one response to you: Whoever told you life was fair?

I look forward to the patch to see how it impacts the economy.  Because in reality no one knows what the prices will be.  If a player sells five Charles Rune outfits for $5 million each is that really an economy breaker?  Seriously, you whiners remind me of Sanders supporters.  You just respond to the message without doing the research.  The prices of everything is controlled, so until we actually see players willing to buy a decorative outfit for $50m or $100m per, this new system will have little impact.  Also, think about this next point for a moment.  The only players who have millions of silver sitting around are you hardcore players.  Therefore, the only players who will be able to afford (if they actually cost that much) these Pearl Shop items will be you.  Therefore, if the economy does changes it's because those players next to you who are pretending to hate this next patch...well, they actually love it and will buy those Pearl Shop items.

But, I will reiterate my overall point.  If people would simply pay for products and services in this industry we would not have "Free to Play" or "Pay to Win".  You want to play a game.  Pay for the game.  Pay the company who made it so they can pay the people who built it.  Yes, I realize it's a tough concept for you free loaders to comprehend.  But, maybe (just like RNG) some of you will get lucky and the light will turn on.  And, if you don't like the game - quit.  It is that simple.  Only you are making it difficult.

37 people like this

Posted

lol

1 person likes this

Posted

"The only reason there is such a business system as "Free to Play" is because you people were to cheap to buy a game in the first place."

Everyone playing this game has bought it. You're a deeply confused old man.

15 people like this

Posted

lol i read FartRunner

1 person likes this

Posted

needs a tl;dr

2 people like this

Posted

Ha, I love he responses so far.  You are all proving my point.

6 people like this

Posted

Here I am, thinking that someone who is 40 would realize that they have to put effort into gain anythign substantial in the world.

Oh wait, you're part of the baby boomers, my bad. That probably never applied.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

dammit used the link in the wrong thread. 

Here, this thread is even more deserving.

Edited by Beeso
1 person likes this

Posted

You do stuff in real life and expect that to translate to progress in a game?

Well shit, I grinded 100+ hours can I have a paycheck or some progress in your work place?

If in game progress is equal to progress in real life can you hand me some of the stuff you worked for?

(Let me point out for pro-P2W trolls that I'm not poor or unemployed. See, I'm a nice guy I'll save you a stupid response.)

4 people like this

Posted

Well, I'm 48; and I do not approve this message. :P

2 people like this

Posted

I realize the majority of players here are kids and for the better part millennials, so perhaps you may not fully understand or appreciate what I'm about to explain to you.

Stopped reading here. If you want a constructive discussion, don't kick it off with an insult.

3 people like this

Posted

Stopped reading here. If you want a constructive discussion, don't kick it off with an insult.

OP is what we call a "baby boomer" :)

Posted

Isnt this post inciting a flame war and therefore against the rules?

Why is this not deleted yet?

Posted (edited)

Hurr durr maybe the last generation should have parented the new one better. 40 and acting like an innocent

Edited by Girasol

Posted

Isnt this post inciting a flame war and therefore against the rules?

Why is this not deleted yet?

Not gonna happen. It supports P2W. They need this thread to show evidence on how widespread the support for P2W is. Can't really delete it.

Posted (edited)

See, nothing in life is free - nothing.

Air is free....sun is free....sky is free...animals who you save from street are free...

Newsflash. Multi million companies who need MORE than they need ARE the problem, not the gamers. GREED is problem. I cannot comprehend how, with your age, you cannot see the root of the problem. G-R-E-E-D. Greed destroyed gaming.

Edited by Skaven Zverov
3 people like this

Posted

Firerunner, obviously something is wrong with your world, and I do feel sorry for you. But you need to stop blaming other people.

Posted

The F2P business model started when the increased know-how in the industry along with the declining operating costs allowed for more aggressive competition. In our days this is even more pronounced due to the mobile culture of microtransactions. It has nothing to do with consumers not wanting to pay and is all about companies trying to aggressively create a playerbase in a more competitive corporate environment.

And finally OP, when stating an opinion, it is basic manners to not attack people using terms as "kids". I am older than you, do u think it would be wise to use that as leverage?

3 people like this

Posted

Missing-the-Point.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Gosh all those stupid replies to this Topic just shows perfectly how stupid, childish and totally retarded this comunity is.

He is in a lot of those point right. Everyone nowadays expect to play games for free, they even accept a cash shop but dare the company to put in mechanics that makes cash shop items accessible for everyone, even to those who can't effort the money for those items.

6 people like this

Posted

Most of the protesters would not know what work is.  So many live off student loan debt that they never intended to pay off.  They scam off the loan program to buy cars, pay rent, etc  They openly admit to scamming a gaming company in a public forum.

If I was a new attorney I would contact daum and work out a deal to go after these folks.  

If you know people that filed charge backs and they show back up in the game report them.  They all deserve permanent bans.

Posted

This has to be a troll post.

Posted

To the OP. no point trying to have this letter, people can not see passed their noses and will rage.

no one really plays the game, they play the forum rage game and well I normally come here for info and help others but I can see as the Facebook group i just left, people are closed minded, live in the basements and have no concept of how life works legal or other wise

I hope karma comes around and kicks them in ass's and I curse the trolls and ragers rng to shit!