• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

things in orwen are not good.

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Guilds are disbanding and 2 regions were won last night in less then 10minutes.

RIP bdo

3 people like this

Posted

Let's bring more pay 2 win

Posted

Wow I wonder why. It can't possibly be because the majority of the player base is pissed about P2W, with many quitting the game.

12 people like this

Posted

Its funny tho because 1/2 of the guilds & guild leaders are like P2W im out then they are heading to star citizen. So funny, they have no idea.

Posted

Star citizen the next great game that never lives up to the hype?

Posted (edited)

Regions on Orwen were won in the matter of minutes for quite a while actually

Edited by Jaer

Posted

Its funny tho because 1/2 of the guilds & guild leaders are like P2W im out then they are heading to star citizen. So funny, they have no idea.

I backed Star Citizen back when it was first announced, but have never downloaded to try it out. Lost all interest in it after how they've turned that into a cash cow before it's even fully completed. I wouldn't have backed it if I'd known what they were going to do.

Posted

kakaogoesp2w.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I backed Star Citizen back when it was first announced, but have never downloaded to try it out. Lost all interest in it after how they've turned that into a cash cow before it's even fully completed. I wouldn't have backed it if I'd known what they were going to do.

Isn't there a clause for backers to back out for refund if the developer doesn't deliver on expectations?

Posted

Isn't there a clause for backers to back out for refund if the developer doesn't deliver on expectations?

If there is, I wouldn't be able to make use of it. They are delivering what they said they would - a space sim with great graphics and physics. It's just that the way they've chosen to do business since getting their funding is a way I am opposed to, and I wouldn't have supported them if I knew that was coming.

Posted

kakaogoesp2w.jpg

Ban wave is an awesome news indeed, and i agree it's sad it's being overshadowed by an attempt to bruteforce more profits out of the playerbase.

This could all have been done in a much more transparent way, they are hurting their reputation very badly.

2 people like this

Posted

Yea............Orwen has never been a PvP hardcore server from release if I can remember.

Orwen is the unofficial RP place. Just last night a Castle War lasted for a couple of hours, and the guilds were complementing eachother at the end.

My guild had nodes contested all week, we lost 1, gained 2.

People are still logging in, and when I grind at the popular spots, there is usually 2-5 people there as well.

Stop trying to say the server is dying based on one night of Castle Wars.

1 person likes this

Posted

Orwen is the unofficial RP place. Just last night a Castle War lasted for a couple of hours, and the guilds were complementing eachother at the end.

I don't necessarily think people being civil constitutes the server being a non-PvP RP server.

Nothing really made Edan the "PvP server" besides the fact that they said they self-declared as the PvP server. Without merges, or cross-server play, there's no way to compare Uno/Edan/Orwen or the EU servers to each other. 

Castles went fast on Orwen before P2W discussions started because the server was essentially run by 2 massive mega-alliances, they're going fast now because a lot of the leadership has dropped out of the server. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't necessarily think people being civil constitutes the server being a non-PvP RP server.

when the game was in CBT the forums agreed that Edan was the try-hard pvp server and orwen would be the casual RP server. New people don't know that, and some tryhard pvp guilds dodged Edan because they knew they couldn't be competitive, but other than that, it's still generally true. 

Posted (edited)

Yea............Orwen has never been a PvP hardcore server from release if I can remember.

My guild had nodes contested all week, we lost 1, gained 2.

People are still logging in, and when I grind at the popular spots, there is usually 2-5 people there as well.

Stop trying to say the server is dying based on one night of Castle Wars.

This. When the mega alliances are all dead and gone- which will be soon I'd bet- then the lesser guilds are all that is left fighting over everything vs trying to compete with the mega alliances.

Edited by Ainrehtea

Posted

when the game was in CBT the forums agreed that Edan was the try-hard pvp server and orwen would be the casual RP server. New people don't know that, and some tryhard pvp guilds dodged Edan because they knew they couldn't be competitive, but other than that, it's still generally true. 

I know what was determined back in the beta, but I don't think it holds any relevance now. There's been months between then and now, new players joining, old players quitting. :) No way to compare the two outside of "Well, we call Edan the PvP server, therefore it has to have the better/stronger players". 

Posted

Wow I wonder why. It can't possibly be because the majority of the player base is pissed about P2W, with many quitting the game.

Gee wilikers. That can't possibly be it! Gosh diwinks.

Anyway. Orwen's mega alliance is something I don't condone, and while I don't want Veritas and their meatshields to just up and vanish, I do want them to have more steady competition without using other guilds not in their "real" alliance to take collateral damage.

But I haven't logged in BDO for days, and I won't until Wednesday. So I can't speak much about the current situation on Orwen.

Posted

It's far to early to call on population impact of the announced changes. Wait a month and then we'll see.

Also castles sieges have been messy since the start. It takes dedicated and well geared PVP guilds to fight for castles. The number of such PVP guilds varies per server.

In addition there are a few PVP guilds that rely on numbers to win on the server they play on by using a slave guild to double the number of well geared players to fight on their side. Unless other guilds make alliances against them, this will give them a clear advantage.

With time the less hardcore guilds should slowly catch up with gear (since getting to TRI is much easier then reaching TET or PEN) and the number of competitors for castles should start increasing too. Alliances may also start to appear. Give it some time before jumping to doom scenario's.

I'm more worried on the empty node wars. Those should be accessible for many guilds, but it small/medium guilds are de facto just playing a lottery to see if they run into a large or XL guild or not. Would be nice to fight some similar sized guilds for a change instead of getting overrun by sheer number of enemy players.

Large non-PVP focussed guilds seem to choose T1/T2/T3 nodes in first 2-3 weeks not based on size or strength but which ever is closest to town or even go for T1 since afraid to fight for T2 or T3. As a result there are fights between 90+ member guilds on t1 nodes while T3 remain unoccupied because none dared to go for it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I know what was determined back in the beta, but I don't think it holds any relevance now. There's been months between then and now, new players joining, old players quitting. :) No way to compare the two outside of "Well, we call Edan the PvP server, therefore it has to have the better/stronger players". 

i have charecters on both servers, and truthfully the average casual guild on Edan would look like a hardcore pvp guild on orwen 

Posted

Gee wilikers. That can't possibly be it! Gosh diwinks.

Anyway. Orwen's mega alliance is something I don't condone, and while I don't want Veritas and their meatshields to just up and vanish, I do want them to have more steady competition without using other guilds not in their "real" alliance to take collateral damage.

But I haven't logged in BDO for days, and I won't until Wednesday. So I can't speak much about the current situation on Orwen.

I've heard the situation on Orwen is terrible in general. Alliances monopolize everything and it's basically a political dystopia.

Posted

Awhh <3

Too bad.

Posted (edited)

Won our Tier 2 node today cause nobody else showed up.

RIP - Jordine

Edited by 2cute2shoot

Posted

thats what you get when you add P2W after u forced to buy the game, so we wouldn't have P2W.

gg daum, ----- you.

Posted

I've heard the situation on Orwen is terrible in general. Alliances monopolize everything and it's basically a political dystopia.

Fascist society*

If any guilds got a node it was basically because it was worthless, or on the good graces of the mega alliance.

I've had fun shitposting and memeing in channel chat with people from both luciform and veritas, but I can't support or condone mega alliances at all.

Posted

bro, legit just a few days before this we were all massively shit talking each other. Half the people in those guilds are quitting(other half already quit) ofc we gonna leave on a good note. It's just a game, after all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0