• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I just dont understand.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay let me see if i can grasp what the community wants out of mmorpgs 

first let me put this in a different view, Lets say i own a buffet style restaurant where people had to pay $15 to come in and eat as much as they want. Now remember this restaurant didn't come out of no where i payed a lot of money to build it and get all the right foods you would like to eat.

Now a couple years go by and other restaurants like mine show up around me and I'm not making enough money to maintain the restaurants;  rent + the food cost, so now i have to do something new, and for some reason everyone is saying $15 is to much money to pay every time. So instead i think of something awesome! If you pay $45 one time you can come in and eat all you want whenever you want!

People loved that idea and i made a lot of money! but after a couple months the money stops coming in cause mostly everyone that bought this no longer has to pay, and although they're a lot people eating at my restaurant I'm not making any money and if this keeps up in a years time I'm going to have to shut it down cause it wont be able to maintain itself cause it cost a lot more than people think, especially since i have so many people here now i have to spend a lot in food to keep these people happy. So what should i do now?

I Know! let me add a new part of the restaurant where you have to pay to eat some expensive food! people cant be mad at that right? i mean there already getting great food for almost free now and i need to make money so they can continue to eat that great food, and this way people with the money to spare can buy the better food and i can make the money i need to maintain this place. just in case ill make it so that in time everyone can eat the expensive food even if you don't pay.

Whats this? people are getting mad and calling it unfair cause they cant eat the better food without paying for it or waiting. I mean i feel bad let me go out there and talk to some of the people .....this is what i heard from the people so far " YOU RETARD!" __ " YOU GREEDY ASSHOLES JUST WANT OUR MONEY, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US!" ___"IS EVERYONE THAT WORKS AT THESE RESTAURANTS JUST PLAIN STUPID! JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!" ETC..

well that kinda sucks, don't think ill be talking to them for a while, but non the less i want to try and make them happy, but how can i do this and still make enough money to maintain this place? let me go undercover and understand what these people really want.....

Okay so let me get this straight this is want i gather over the time, they want company's to spend a lot of money on making a restaurant and more money on adding all the best foods in the world so they can be truly happy! and they want all of this for free cause eating is just a hobby for them? and on top of that if we make them pay one time only for this service  and then have the rest free they have the  audacity to demand things from me? To demand better food and the have it faster and just the way they like it with no charge to it? Wait how are we the greedy ones again? anyways that's besides the point, where do people think I'm going to get enough money to make and do all this? 

Not only do need money to maintain the restaurant i also need to make a living for myself and the 100 of employees i have making the food and server the people, do they just not know of this? or maybe they don't think about it maybe its all just ignorance, so i cant be that mad, but hopefully they realize soon that they're  the reason no good restaurants are being made cause it is just not possible to supply them with their needs.

Key: RESTAURANT = GAMES

FOOD COST = SERVER COST

EATING = PLAYING

Just my view of things from what ive seen over the years.

Posted

I paid $15 for a all you can eat buffet, it did not include drinks, so i bought a lot of drinks, a loooooooot of drinks.

Posted

no. they now gona give for extra paying customers an axe so they can kill those who only paid 15$, so there is enough food for them, because they want it ALL.

1 person likes this

Posted

This whole logic train is under the assumption gaming companies listened to players about wanting to not pay up front.

THEY DIDNT. They found it far more profitable in the short run to do f2p p2w. Catering to gambling addicts and removing unfun restrictions at a real money cost.

Games were of a higher quality under the sub model. They can use the publicity of very vocal morons to justify a change in their business model, yet not listen to customers when it comes to actual criticism.

Posted

Can you please provide how much money they were taking in every week vs how much was going out? How do you know they weren't making enough money to be comfortable?

Posted (edited)

You make me hungry :/

also "all you can eat" without time limit? I would stay here forever. 

Now a couple years go by and other restaurants like mine show up around me and I'm not making enough money to maintain the restaurants;  rent + the food cost, so now i have to do something new, and for some reason everyone is saying $15 is to much money to pay every time.

and what happend if all restaurants have the same payment agin? I dont see the fail in p2p model.

Edited by Blacksheep

Posted

I didn't read this whole shitty analogy but it seems like you are cucking out for daum.

I know this is hard for you to grasp but this is a video game not a restaurant. 

Posted (edited)

This is because your analogy is faulty. Eating at a resturant is not competitive by any means. A more proper analogy would be this:

America pays $100 million to the Olympics committee and American atheletes get an advantage over other atheletes during the Olymipcs. On the other hand, countries that cannot spend $100 million are at a disadvantage.

See how messed up that would be?

Imagine if Olympics had a "cash shop" where countries can buy better equipment than other countries during the Olympics.

Edited by JuicyJin

Posted (edited)

Let's use this analogy, but build it out so it's more accurate. Black Desert Buffet opens and there's a really long line, but you couldn't wait because you are so excited about it! 

- Pay 100$ for early release you can can cut the line and get in early! The food is amazing and you feel happy. 
- Everyone else paid their full ticket price ($30+) and got in later. It's pricier than the $10 buffett next door, but you're happy because they said you can eat ANYTHING you want. :D
- BDO buffet assure you the food cost is immense, so you pay $30 per drink..and then they introduced candy...and you bought that too at $10 each. Then there's some fries...you find it strange that fries isn't in the buffet menu (inventory, storage, weight limit), but you bought that too. The food is still good. But a few customers became suspicious. 
- Then they said well, if you want to get fresh plates you need to pay a $15 monthly Value Pack. Of course, you can reuse your old dirty plates, but you really would like clean plates. Players begrudgingly says fine, I will pay for the clean plates call Value Pack. 
- Then restaurant says we aren't getting enough money from drinks, candy, fries and clean plates. Why don't you guys pay us to get extra drinks and give it to those poor mofos over there. In return, you guys get first dibs on the food and leave the cold leftovers for those poor mofos over there.

So there you are..sitting in the restaurant eating cold leftovers with your dirty plates wondering why you came in the first place. You look over to the candy and drinks you bought...and swear it's more than enough to have a profitable restaurant. That doesn't sound like a well run restaurant if you ask me. 

Edited by WingsOfHeaven
3 people like this

Posted

This might be the worst analogy I've ever seen

3 people like this

Posted

The analogy is flawed. I have 3 buffet style restaurants in my town. 1 servers quality food every time and offer an upsale 2 days a week of stake and Crab legs. The parking lot has been full for 10 years. The only time they closed was for a hurricane. The other 2 serve crap for cheep and you get sick randomly when you eat there. They have changed hands at least once a year. 

Moral: treat people with respect and give them a quality product to eat and they will come to your tables and stay. Give them crap no mater how fast you dish it out they will eventually get sick and you will have to fold.

2 people like this

Posted

Buffets aren't competitive.

Posted

If that's what's going on in your head, I'm not surprised that you don't understand.

2 people like this

Posted

Can you please provide how much money they were taking in every week vs how much was going out? How do you know they weren't making enough money to be comfortable?

Because they can make numbers from their arses and you need to give proof, "feminazi SJW" style.

Posted

Considering the game's success and already existing cash shop and already existing subscription, any claims about them "needing" to do this to keep servers up needs to be justified. 

Posted

To be honest, I don't care about p2w; but it makes me angry that they just lied us.

"Nah, they did not lie, you lied to yourself man"... This is what some of these hidden employees will say...

The video of the BDO marketing manager saying that they dont need to use P2w antics is a lie also... Is a dreammmmmm...

Yeah, sure.

Posted

Okay let me see if i can grasp what the community wants out of mmorpgs 

first let me put this in a different view, Lets say i own a buffet style restaurant where people had to pay $15 to come in and eat as much as they want. Now remember this restaurant didn't come out of no where i payed a lot of money to build it and get all the right foods you would like to eat.

Now a couple years go by and other restaurants like mine show up around me and I'm not making enough money to maintain the restaurants;  rent + the food cost, so now i have to do something new, and for some reason everyone is saying $15 is to much money to pay every time. So instead i think of something awesome! If you pay $45 one time you can come in and eat all you want whenever you want!

People loved that idea and i made a lot of money! but after a couple months the money stops coming in cause mostly everyone that bought this no longer has to pay, and although they're a lot people eating at my restaurant I'm not making any money and if this keeps up in a years time I'm going to have to shut it down cause it wont be able to maintain itself cause it cost a lot more than people think, especially since i have so many people here now i have to spend a lot in food to keep these people happy. So what should i do now?

I Know! let me add a new part of the restaurant where you have to pay to eat some expensive food! people cant be mad at that right? i mean there already getting great food for almost free now and i need to make money so they can continue to eat that great food, and this way people with the money to spare can buy the better food and i can make the money i need to maintain this place. just in case ill make it so that in time everyone can eat the expensive food even if you don't pay.

Whats this? people are getting mad and calling it unfair cause they cant eat the better food without paying for it or waiting. I mean i feel bad let me go out there and talk to some of the people .....this is what i heard from the people so far " YOU RETARD!" __ " YOU GREEDY ASSHOLES JUST WANT OUR MONEY, YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US!" ___"IS EVERYONE THAT WORKS AT THESE RESTAURANTS JUST PLAIN STUPID! JUST GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!" ETC..

well that kinda sucks, don't think ill be talking to them for a while, but non the less i want to try and make them happy, but how can i do this and still make enough money to maintain this place? let me go undercover and understand what these people really want.....

Okay so let me get this straight this is want i gather over the time, they want company's to spend a lot of money on making a restaurant and more money on adding all the best foods in the world so they can be truly happy! and they want all of this for free cause eating is just a hobby for them? and on top of that if we make them pay one time only for this service  and then have the rest free they have the  audacity to demand things from me? To demand better food and the have it faster and just the way they like it with no charge to it? Wait how are we the greedy ones again? anyways that's besides the point, where do people think I'm going to get enough money to make and do all this? 

Not only do need money to maintain the restaurant i also need to make a living for myself and the 100 of employees i have making the food and server the people, do they just not know of this? or maybe they don't think about it maybe its all just ignorance, so i cant be that mad, but hopefully they realize soon that they're  the reason no good restaurants are being made cause it is just not possible to supply them with their needs.

Key: RESTAURANT = GAMES

FOOD COST = SERVER COST

EATING = PLAYING

Just my view of things from what ive seen over the years.

cosmetic cash shop 

oh wait it doesn't work... oh wait let me go sell my 300$ knife on the CS:Go marketplace as it gives me 10% speed bonus ... oh wait

money spend on CS:go and Dota 2 combined from my side ~$3800 after conversion

money spend on BDO $400 after conversion... money to be spend money forward... nothing still exploring if I should bring my case to PayPal call center so they can decide if I have grounds to do it or not. If they say I do I wonder what the knights would say that PayPal doesn't know their shit I guess.

Money to be spend from me on CS:GO Dota 2 and other games moving forward ... tons 

example I haven't played Dota in ages as I played more BDO but as soon as I heard the international compendium is out I went to buy it just to support the game. 

Good luck

Posted

What I dont understand is the number of unintelligent players this game managed to attract.

No challenge I suppose.

Posted

What I dont understand is the number of unintelligent players this game managed to attract.

No challenge I suppose.

its the pretty graphics 

Posted

No challenge I suppose.

Thats the first group that jumps on a new game of course. "Hype" and all that.

Posted

hahahahah....

ok, lets try this. If x then Y and Z is around the corner, add up with alpha, lower pi, and 7, and you get... analogy that doesn't make sense and in any matter explains the GREED of company who doesn't NEED that much money. 

But, we are living in funked up world with bunch of idiots who thinks money is everything, and everyone is greedy as funk, and nothing will change that.

Destroyed society, destroyed gaming, will and currently is....destroying humanity.

Stupid stupid people....

Posted

Community doesn't want. Community is made up of lots of people that want different things

Posted

They got value pack to get 15$ montly if only 100k player buy it is 1.5M montly + costumes and pets lets say they make 2-3M montly so that is not enough? Yes it is but the greed is real let´s push the limit ..........

Is not even about that cash shop items but after this items with restriction what come next? ( No restriction of 5 items , Valks , kzarka  , boss armors ....etc on shop ? )

Why not since pack and shop works they push and milk till game goes ghost and then close server take the cash and move on ............

Posted

This is because your analogy is faulty. Eating at a resturant is not competitive by any means. A more proper analogy would be this:

America pays $100 million to the Olympics committee and American atheletes get an advantage over other atheletes during the Olymipcs. On the other hand, countries that cannot spend $100 million are at a disadvantage.

See how messed up that would be?

Imagine if Olympics had a "cash shop" where countries can buy better equipment than other countries during the Olympics.

Just say it like this, the countries that pay the 100 mill are allowed to use steriods, the rest aren't. 

Posted

What servers to keep? They did not fix the desync with all the money they milk  custom service is auto crap response ................

They got like 6-8 employee for NA and Eu ?

They just kr version translate it on some bad servers and milk the cash be sure next game kakao bring to west wont be a succes

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0